Troublemaker

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun

“Rough day?”

The bartender asks me as he hands me another drink. I thank him quietly and shrug and he goes back to his other customers. It’s funny how I’m actually sitting at a hotel bar alone and the thought of not bringing any one back to my own hotel room is also hilarious itself. It’s been hours and god only knows how much I’ve had. I’m still seeing straight and I can remember my hotel room number so I don’t think I’m that drunk. I’m still thinking about everything that just happened and I wonder if I’m not drinking enough to forget about everything.

I don’t know but everything just keeps replaying in my mind. The way Ryeowook protected our fake relationship, the way he protected his brother, the way his brother treats him and vice versa, the way my parents looked at me and Ryeowook. Just everything. There’s a lot of things going on in my mind right now but about ninety-nine percent of them are these thoughts about Ryeowook. The guy is a mystery. He really is.

When I found out that Henry, the one who tried to run away with my mother’s purse, was Ryeowook’s brother, I was stunned. I mean how can someone like that kid, that completely arrogant, rude and irresponsible kid be related to Ryeowook right? I kept thinking about that and then it hit me that… I didn’t even know the real Ryeowook. I mean, , I’ve just been living with him for about a week and I rarely even talked to him. For all I know, he could have been just like his brother, stealing things from random people or something. But that’s the thing too.. I’ve been with him for a week and I don’t remember seeing anything in my house misplaced or missing. I don’t remember missing out a few dollars in my wallet or losing anything expensive. So, I guess Ryeowook’s not the person like his brother.

But he could be a person who really likes money. I mean… Why else would he had agreed to this contract if he wasn’t interested in the money? He certainly didn’t know who I was and he hadn’t asked me for anything else. I only offered money and he completely accepted it without even discussing anything further with me or Sungmin. But it bothers me. The thought of someone like Ryeowook being crazy for money. I mean… Look at him and look at how he completely protected his brother. He even got on his knees just for his brother! No one as nice as him would end up crazy for money! Right? Plus, he’s even working in that old ugly place. If he were any of the models I dated who only wanted for my money, they would have stopped working the minute I handed them the cheque. Maybe the guy is a workaholic too?

My phone vibrates and I grab it out from my pockets checking to see a message from Changmin. He’s one of my closest friend and other than Sungmin, he knows about this fake marriage contract simply because I just had to tell him about it. He’s my best friend after all. He’s in Thailand currently right now, having to manage some advertising commercial for our company. He works with me as one of the advertising managing team. He’s very talented and I’m completely thankful I have him in this company.  

Saw a picture of your spouse on the internet. He’s pretty good-looking, man. Does Sungmin have any other friends he can recommend me?

On. The. Internet? . I close the message and go onto the latest news website and there it is, right as news headline. It’s a picture of me holding Ryeowook in the lobby by the waist. When did that even happen? I read the stupid article and it talks about how I was spotted with my spouse having dinner with my mother and father in the restaurant and then headed to the lobby of the hotel. What the ? And they complexly missed out the part where I totally became superman and managed to catch a thief who happened to also be my brother-in-law.

Society is completely ed up.

Not that I’m about to complain or anything, I mean society can just go itself. The world is more interested in who I’m married to, how my husband looks like than what I did to make the world a better place. (Okay not really but still…) Whatever, the secret’s out anyway. The picture looks quite believable, I’m holding onto Ryeowook’s waist while looking down at him and he’s looking at something else. I scroll down to the comments section curious to see of what the sassy netizens have to say about us.

They’re cute kekeke.

Who is this Kyuhyun guy and why is he even famous? Why must we bother about stupid businessmen again?

Hey, isn’t he the one that brings home different models back every day? Woah, didn’t expect him to be gay.

When I heard he eloped secretly to a guy, I was shocked. He’s the last person I expect to get married. Let’s see how long this marriage lasts.

Got to be honest with ya, both of them are pretty good-looking. I wonder how hot the will be.

Now that last comment is just miserable. I’m not having , any hot , with Ryeowook! Never! I mean… I guess I never will. And here comes the thought of not having for the next two years… God this is frustrating. But look, look at the rest of the comments. Netizens think so negatively of me and this is the reason why my father didn’t trust me to be the next CEO. Holy . Even the netizens don’t trust me.

Having enough for the day, I pay for my drinks and push myself against the counter heading out. I walk into the hotel’s lobby thankful that there isn’t anyone around and walk over to the reception, calling over the staff.

“Yes, Mr, can I help you?” One of them asks.

“Do you have an empty room?’ I ask them.

The lady asks me to wait a minute as she types in her computer, after scanning through whatever on her screen, she purses her lips and look at me apologetically.

“Sorry, Mr, we don’t have any available room tonight. We’re currently fully booked.”

“I… It’s okay, thanks.”

. What am I going to do? I can just go out, find another nearby hotel but that will involve me driving around and even though I’m not that drunk, I still have been drinking and trust me when I say I rather not drive when there’s alcohol in my body system. But the room upstairs has only one bed which means….

Oh it.

***

“Hey, you’re still awake?”

The room was dark when I entered it and I expected Ryeowook to already be sleeping but when I walk in further inside the room, there my fake husband is, his back facing me as he looks outside the window. He turns when he hears my voice and smiles faintly, shaking his head. There’s just something about the way his hair falls into his eyes when he shakes his head and how the moonlight shines against his pale complexion that makes it impossible to take my eyes off him.

“Rough day?”

Ryeowook chuckles. “I’m sorry for ruining dinner.”

“Nah, it was… It was different.” I wave my hand. “I had fun?”

Ryeowook laughs a little at this and I perch myself against the armrest of the couch, looking at him. He leans against the wall and sighs out loud.

“I didn’t expect this to happen.”

“Me too.” I shrug. “But it happened and we’re still okay.”

I look around the hotel room and realize that his brother is gone. “Where’d your brother go to anyway?”

Ryeowook pinches the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes. “I honestly don’t know nor do I care right now. Although I probably will the minute I wake up tomorrow morning.”

“You guys must be pretty close huh?” I joke.

Ryeowook smiles a little but he doesn’t offer to continue the conversation so I let it go, feeling exhausted myself. I yawn and stretch, walking over to the bed and plopping down onto it.

“Hey Ryeowook,”

“Yeah?”

“I hope you won’t mind sharing a bed tonight.” I tell him, closing my eyes as I snuggle deeper into the comforter.

“Wh.. What?”

“I’m a little drunk and honestly, I’d rather sleep here than go home right now. I’m too exhausted.” I tell him. “And you’ll have to sleep here too because I just asked them for an extra room but they’re all fully booked for the night. The bed’s big enough for the both of us but you can sleep on the couch if you’re uncomfortable.”

“O… Okay.” Ryeowook stutters. “I’ll… I’ll go and wash up.”

Ryeowook heads to the bathroom awkwardly avoiding eye contact with me. I guess he must be feeling a little weird about having to share a bed with me. I mean, we are strangers after all. I scoff to myself over the fact that I’m going to be sleeping in the hotel, on the bed, with a stranger and not have at all. That is just so ing sad.

I’m half asleep after Ryeowook washes up and I expect him to sleep on the couch. But instead, he switches off all the lights and walks over to the other side of the bed and slips under the comforter and suddenly the bed dips and it feels weirdly warm. I turn around and face him, smirking when I see him looking up at the ceiling. It’s a little dark but I still can see his face a little.

“I thought you’d sleep on the couch.” I , feeling a little light from the alcohol.

“Oh… Do.. Do you want me to sleep on the couch?” Ryeowook asks, starting to get up.

I grab his wrist and pull him back down to the bed, geez this kid. “No no, I’m fine with you sleeping here. I just didn’t expect that you’d sleep with me. I mean… You know what I mean.”

Ryeowook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter