002

Frozen in Time

Jonghyun was restless after that fateful night, but who wouldn’t be when the first person that could ever see him actually was a very pretty queen? Jonghyun felt like there was something blooming inside of him, like the first seed of snowflake before taking majestic shapes. He just couldn’t let this one go, because the warmth and recognition that he was craving for is now close to reality.

 

He wasn’t Jack Frost if he’s not persistent and mischievous.

 

Eunsook was very lonely despite telling herself that this was the best way to deal with her curse. She could hurt people, freeze them to death or turn them into ice statues. She was regretting being born cursed and how it would be better if she had not lived at all. 

 

She felt hot tears brim on her eyes and as she closed them shut, she felt them ran down her cheeks. She can’t help but cry, pitying herself for her poor state. She drew her body closer to her and sobbed even more, she still can’t let it go despite the determination she had inside her.

 

Amidst the sobs, she heard a faint knock on her ice window. She looked at the direction of the sound and almost jumped when she saw the grinning boy waving at him. She ran to the double doors opened it to walk out into the balcony, realizing that she was a couple of meters up the mountain slope.

 

“How did you get here?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun grinned at her.

 

“I flew.” Jonghyun said and Eunsook sighed and walked inside her ice palace. “Wait! I just want to apologize for last time.” Jonghyun said and Eunsook wrapped her arms around herself.

 


”I told you I’ll let it pass that one time.” Eunsook uttered and Jonghyun followed her.

 

“I know, but your majesty, I want to help you.” Jonghyun uttered. “Please?” He added with a touch of desperation.

 

“How can you help?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun stretched his arms and let out ice swirl in the palm of his hands.

 

“I can make you understand your gift.” Jonghyun said and Eunsook glared at him.

 

“It’s a curse!” She shouted a bit too loud for comfort that Jonghyun winced.

 

“I went to that phase too.” Jonghyun uttered. “But it just depends on your point of view.” He said and then grinned at her. “Why don’t you give me a chance?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook bit her lip, not knowing if she should say yes or no.

 

“how?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun twirled his staff and some snow fell on them.

 

He then blew air in the palm of his hands and swirls of snow appeared and formed into an ice rose. Jonghyun extended it to Eunsook who shied away. But Jonghyun grabbed her hand, warmth creeping from their skins, and placed the ice rose on one of the side of her ears. He smiled as the flower glistened in the moonlight.

 

“beautiful” Jonghyun  uttered, eyes wide and mouth gaping as a faint blush painted Eunsook’s cheeks.

 

“I’m sorry.” Eunsook mumbled and turned away, feeling her cheeks warm up.

 

“hey, wanna build a snowman?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook shook her head. “Come on, let’s have some fun.” Jonghyun said and grabbed her wrist before running out to the balcony.

 

“I can’t Fly!!!!” Eunsook shrieked, closing her eyes as they jumped out of the balcony. She shrieked loudly with her eyes tightly shut when she heard a hearty chuckle from the spirit of winter. She opened her eyes and was amazed to see that she was flying. “Oh my gosh are we flying?” She asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

And this brought a smile on Eunsook’s face, a sight that Jonghyun thought was perfect in all proportions. He slowed down and dived before landing perfectly on the ground, Eunsook touching down gracefully with the aid of some ice from Jonghyun. She faced Jonghyun and flashed him a smile. “That was fun.” Eunsook uttered.

 

Jonghyun’s heart felt like bursting but he felt something cold hit his face, and realized that Eunsook threw a snowball at him. “You didn’t!” Jonghyun shook his head but Eunsook chuckled and threw another. “Oh it is war!” Jonghyun uttered and conjured snowballs and threw them (gently because he can’t hurt the queen) at Eunsook. She dodged some of them and some hit her. She conjured some snowmen that threw at Jonghyun as her counter.

 

“That’s cheating!” Jonghyun whined but Eunsook just laughed as she made a fortress of ice.

 

“No rules!” Eunsook uttered and Jonghyun grinned at that.

 

“Then No rules.” He uttered and soon flew up her fortress and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her towards his body and their faces only inches away from each other.

 

It was like time froze at that moment, when they looked at each other’s eyes and their breaths hot on their skin. No one dared to say something as the wind started to blow harshly around them, hale and snow and occasional icicles dancing in a non existent beat.

 

“boo!” Jonghyun blew an icy breath and Eunsook pushed him away. Jonghyun laughed and Eunsook laughed as she let the fortress crumble. She then lay on the snow and made a snow angel, sighing as she closed her eyes and relaxed amidst the coldness that surrounded her.

 

“Hey.” Jonghyun muttered and Eunsook opened her eyes and looked at Jonghyun.

 

“hey.” Eunsook replied. “Thank you.” Eunsook uttered and Jonghyun raised a brow. “For reminding me what fan is.” Eunsook uttered and Jonghyun grinned.

 

“That’s what I do, as a guardian of fun that is.” Jonghyun bit his lip and looked at the moon.

 

Eunsook raised her hand and waved it in front of her. Ice formed in swirls and soon turned into shapes. She formed snow rabbits and reindeers and of pine trees and thn Santa clause with his sleigh. The snow swirls danced in the wind, getting Jonghyun’s attention and adding his own creatures: The tooth fairy, the easter bunny and the sand man. He then blew through his palms and the colors flashed before their eyes. Eunsook was amazed to see the aurora borealis, she had only heard of it till now.

 

“it’s beautiful!” Eunsook exclaimed and Jonghyun gazed at her beautiful side profile and muttered to himself.

 

“yeah, beautiful.” Jonghyun uttered.

 

 

a/n: Hey there… Taeon will make an appearance in the next chapter~ how does that feel guys… and who would be Kristof? You’ll find out soon ^^