007

Frozen in Time

a/n: Sorry this took too long but hey, an update

 

 

“Stay away from me!” Eunsook shouted, raising her hand to protect herself from the guards.

 

“You are a monster!” One of them shouted but Eunsook shook her head and tried to explain herself.

 

“No I am not!” She shouted, fearful and a little scared that she created ice walls and spikes appear around her attackers.

 

The soldiers shouted and Kai took the opportunity to chase her out to the balcony and raised his sword to Eunsook. “You are a monster because you killed your own sister!” Kai uttered and Eunsook’s eyes widened at that.

 

“I did not kill anybody.” Eunsook shouted but the thought of killing her own sister, the only blood relative that she has, made her blood ran cold.

 

This is the opportunity that Kyuhyun wanted and waited for; he wanted her at her most vulnerable. With a blink of an eye, Kyuhyun conjured black dust and threw it at Eunsook. The black magic was powered by fear and in Eunsook’s state, she was instantly captured by the darkness. Kai turned to Kyuhyun who was laughing because by now, Eunsook was his puppet and he could freeze the entire world at his whim.

 

“This is only the start!” Kyuhyun laughed loudly just as Eunsook conjured a blizzard.

 

The guardians were on the edge as they reached the North Mountain. Just as they approached the edge of the mountain, a powerful blizzard appeared and halted their flight. Shindong grabbed the reigns tighter and told the others to hold on; it was a bumpy ride.

 

“I am afraid that we are a little late, the queen has started to freeze the world.” Shindong informed them as they braved through the thick snow and powerful winds.

 

Jonghyun hated himself hearing those from Shindong, he should have protected Eunsook. As they approached the ice castle, Jonghyun noticed the darkness that surrounded the queen and instincts kicked in. He jumped out of the sled, with Sunggyu and Sungmin gasping at the sudden move, and then flew towards the balcony.

 

“Eunsook!” Jonghyun called out but Eunsook glared at him and attacked him. Jonghyun dodged it completely because the ice may not affect him that much, but the force had a lot of punch, and it hurts.

 

“I see that you already found out.” Kyuhyun uttered as he emerged from the shadows.

 

“Kyuhyun.” Jonghyun muttered through gritted teeth.

 

“Who else?” Kyuhyun asked mockingly.

 

“Why?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“It’s a simple logic Jonghyun, you refused to help me, I found another ice wielder that could.” Kyuhyun uttered.

 

“Let her go.” Jonghyun bargained.

 

“At what cost?” Kyuhyun asked. “Sorry, I don’t trust you to keep your end of the bargain.” Kyuhyun uttered and soon Eunsook conjured another blizzard towards Jonghyun as they escaped.

 

Jonghyun was frustrated when they got away, just as the other guardians landed safely on the edge of the castle, Kai and Kyuhyun had already fled.

 

“Jonghyun!” Sunggyu called out.

 

“It’s Kyuhyun, he had possessed the queen.” Jonghyun informed them.

 

“We need to draw out a plan.” Shindong uttered and everyone agreed.

 

“Who got who?” They turned to the voice and saw Taeyon and Minho emerging from the pile of snow.

 

“Taeyon.” Jonghyun muttered and the guardians looked at him.

 

“Jonghyun, how d’you know her?” Gwiboon asked and hearing a familiar name, Taeyon furrowed her brows, she saw only the sandman, tooth fairy, North and the Easter bunny.

 

 

“Jonghyun?” She asked and the guardians  sighed, they are used to it, and Jonghyun was also immune to it at some point.

 

“is he the spirit of Winter?” Minho asked and the guardians gasped, not a lot knew about Jonghyun. “Jack frost!” Minho uttered and Jonghyun couldn’t help but grin at the boy. “you are real! My great grandfather always talked about Jack frost and the guardians who they had helped defeat the bogeyman when he was little boy!” Minho sounded like an excited little boy.

 

“Siwon?” Jonghyun asked, now visible to Minho.

 

“Yeah! And you are very real!” Minho was delighted, which Taeyon found a little creepy, because Minho was so cold and serious prior.

 

Taeyon scrunched up her nose at the sight of Minho turning into a five year old over seeing some entity named Jonghyun and sharing a monologue to an invisible, and probably imaginary person. But her eyes went wide and she gasped as she remembered the name her sister uttered.

 

“Jonghyun…” She uttered and when she turned back to the Guardians, she can see another person, one that was sporting a platinum blonde which was reminiscent of snow. “You know my sister!” she gasped and all eyes were now on Jonghyun.

 

“I can explain.” Jonghyun uttered, voice wavering as he felt nervous all of the sudden.

 

“I know a place we can talk.” Minho suggested and led the way towards the trolls.

 

“Trolls!” Sungmin uttered happily, the Easter bunny has a knack for cute things and those baby trolls are darn cute.

 

“I see that we have visitors.” Changmin uttered and welcomed the Guardians to his territory.

 

“Thank you for the warm welcome.” Shindong uttered and Changmin nodded.

 

“I see that you have a predicament.” Changmin uttered and the guardians nodded. “But I do need to understand the situation that you are in for me to help you.” Changmin said and Shindong nodded.

 

“Jonghyun, if you may.” Shindong uttered and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“It’s not that I wanted to hide it, I just befriended the Queen when I saw the castle hile flying through Georgetown, I have always been invisible so I never thought that she could see me. But she did and she had some serious trust issues.” Jonghyun said.

 

“It’s partly my fault.” Taeyon uttered.

 

“It’s not because she hated you, on the contrary she loves you more than you think she did. But having powers she cannot control, and could possible hurt you, she is far too afraid for contact.” Jonghyun said.

 

“But she befriended you?” Sunggyu butted in.

 

I befriended her. I wield ice as well so she won’ hurt me with her ice; but her force does pack a punch. Sorry Taeyon if I sort of pushed you away.” Jonghyun apologized.

 

“So it was you!” Taeyon uttered and Jonghyun nodded. “Thank you.” She uttered.

 

“What happened earlier?” Gwiboon asked.

 

“I don’t know how Kyuhyun did it but he had taken over her mind, she’s like a puppet now.” Jonghyun briefed them.

 

“I see, the shadow has taken over the moon.” Changmin uttered and Jonghyun sighed but nodded. “We need to consult Leeteuk if that’s the case.” He uttered and then stood up, Shindong following after.

 

Jonghyun took his leave, walking away from the trolls and towards the snowy forest. Taeyon followed closely behind him before calling out his name.

 

“Jognhyun!” She uttered and the spirit of winter looked towards her. “Hey can I ask you something?” Taeyon asked and Jonghyun nodded. “When we were younger, I always wished for snow so that we could make snowman.” Taeyon started.

 

“I grant children’s wishes thus snow days happens; ask Minho, he has a lot of good stories to tell you.” Jonghyun said.

 

“Wait.” Taeyon uttered. “My sister, does she really love me?” She asked and Jonghyun grinned at her.

 

“More than what you can imagine.” Jonghyun responded.

 

“Even if I ended up marrying the prince of Everland?” She asked and Jonghyun sighed.

 

“If you really love him, then what can your sister do? If it is true love then no one can hinder you.” Jonghyun smiled and then started to fly, but not without showering Taeyon soft white snow.

 

She smiled as she watched Jonghyun fly away, wondering a little of the reason her sister opened up to a guardian; maybe because they both wielded ice but maybe because Eunsook found a little more than that.

 

“You seem to think about something deep.” Minho uttered next to her, giving her a little scare.

 

“You scared me.” Taeyon uttered. “But yeah, I am just curious about Jonghyun but he told me to ask you.” Taeyon said and Minho nodded.

 

“He’s a really cool guardian, all the pun intended.” Minho started and Taeyon burst out laughing. “Why are you laughing.?” Minho asked and Taeyon removed the tears from the side of her eyes.

 

“Please continue.” She said.

 

“My great grandfather died a few years back, but not without telling us stories about the guardians, most especially Jack frost. The spirit of winter was the coolest not because of his ice, but because he has a heart of gold.” Minho stated. “He was mischievous, throwing ice and snow to bother adults but to kids, he is a fun guardian; and he became eventually the guardian of fun.” Minho said. “My  great grandfather told us that Kyuhyun wasn’t an evil person, just consumed by fear and greed. Because no ne believes in hm anymore, he wanted others to be forgotten as well. It was a chaos.” Minho finished.

 

“And your great grandfather?” She asked.

 

“He and a bunch of friends helped the guardians by believing in them and not fearing the bogeyman.” Minho said and Taeyon nodded.

 

“So we just have to overcome fear of Kyuhyun?” Taeyon asked but Minho shook his head.

 

“Perhaps, but it won’t be easy this time, we have your sister in the equation.” Minho uttered and Taeyon sighed. “We’ll help you out, but what about your fiancé?” Minho asked and Taeyon suddenly felt a little pang in her heart.

 

“I… I don’t think it was true love.” Taeyon admitted and then felt her tears fall. “I am stupid.” Taeyon uttered and then all of the sudden, Minho pulled her into a hug.

 

“Sometimes we just have to look beyond what we thought we are seeing and just see with our hearts.” Minho uttered so comfortingly that Taeyon felt a little lighter as she cried in the arms of a complete stranger.

 

“And I do hope that you’ll both realize that you two look so good together.” Jonghyun uttered, showering them with more snow.

 

“Are you trying to take over my job?” Woohyun suddenly asked, flying next to the spirit of winter

 

“You scared me, what are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked and cupid chuckled.

 

“Gwiboon of course.” Woohyun uttered and then flew towards the tooth fairy who was very happy to see her love.

 

“Oh snap, everyone’s having their love story.” Jonghyun uttered and he heard another snicker.

 

“You’ll have one too, not now but very soon.” Sunggyu uttered, flying away to spread his sand to awaiting sleepy people.

 

“I’ll hold on to that.” Jonghyun uttered and smiled a bit, knowing that with what just happened, it’ll probably end up nastily.

 

---

 

a/n: oh yes, prepare for war..