006

Frozen in Time

a/n: oh wow, at least you liked the guardians that I chose and yes sandman can talk, why? Because I wanted to.. nah.. just kidding, I think I would like good ‘ol Sandy some lines XD

 

 

now off to another update .. but I am not so sure how I will write this one out because the story is just unravelling on its own~ so hopefully you’ll all like it just as much as I’m enjoying writing it

 

 

-----

 

Kai rose up early at dawn and commanded the brave souls of Arendele to a journey to save the princess. They held their swords and tucked their winter cloaks as they trudged their way towards the North Mountain. Kai was a gallant leader, leading the courageous men on a battle against ice and snow.

 

The men looked up to their brave leader but none knew why he held such strong front, neither noticed the shadow that accompanied the warrior whose intention was far more evil than good. And as they reached a narrow pass to reach a harsh and treacherous North mountain, only a handful moved on and Kai was more than pleased with the numbers.

 

“In a little while, you will be king of Arendele.” Kai heard Kyuhyun muttered and Kai shivered but held his ground.

 

“I will be king.” Kai muttered and soon he was going in a pace beyond human.

 

---

 

“I cannot give up just like that!” Taeyon shouted at Minho when the man led her out of the castle and towards the sled.

 

“Even if she is surrounded by ice, it doesn’t mean that her head is cool enough for a talk. Give it a rest for now and try again tomorrow.” Minho suggested, a better option than Taeyon’s own formulated plan on marching towards the castle.

 

“I guess so.” Taeyon retreated as she sat next to Minho. “Where are we going?” Taeyon asked and Minho grinned at her.

 

“My family,” Minho uttered and soon they were traversing down the slope of The North Mountain and towards a secluded patch none knew of its existence but Minho.

 

Dongwoo was excited with the ride and was cheering loudly but Minho was too tired to argue, he let it pass. They reached the area and Minho informed them about his family, how special they are and how they played a role in his growing up.

 

But Taeyon and Dongwoo only saw piles of rocks and moss. They were really confused at it and were questioning Minho’s sanity when the ground shook a little and rocks rolled in all directions.  They heard yelps and laughter and their eyes widened to see trolls running to Minho and greeting him like a long lost child.

 

“Trolls!” Dongwoo shouted and everyone stopped and stared at them.

 

“This is my family.” Minho introduced them and Taeyon was gaping wide but grinned and joined the fun.

 

She ran and played with the baby trolls; she was laughing hard and enjoying the fun of playing with other people, or in her case now, trolls. Minho looked at her from a distance. A troll sat next to him and poked his cheek. “What is it Sungyeol?” Minho uttered with a bored voice.

 

“It seems that you had set your eyes on a jewel of Arendele.” Sungyeol uttered and Minho shook his head. “Don’t lie to me Minho, we are born lie detectors.” Sungyeol added and Minho glared at him. Sungyeol shrugged and then sighed. “No one in Georgetown can match that beauty.” He added and then stood to join Dongwoo playing with the baby trolls.

 

Minho sighed and then looked at the moon, a beautiful round New Moon. He smiled at how beautiful the subtle glow of the moon. He felt something warm nec to him and when he turned his head, he saw Taeyon stifling a yawn.

 

“You need to rest princess.’ Minho uttered and led her to the sled. Sungyeol handed him a quilted blanket and a puffed up pillow that made Taeyon doze off to sleep almost instantly.

 

Minho looked at the peaceful face of the princess and he felt something warm inside his chest. Surely this brat had grown onto him, an acquired taste would probably fit the description. But Minho knew that she was engaged and that was enough to keep his heart inside a wooden chest and keep it safe from shattering.

 

“I suppose Cupid has found his way into your heart Minho” He heard a voice so familiar and comforting.

 

“Changmin hyung.” Minho uttered.

 

“In the flesh my dear.” Changmin chuckled before smirking. “And the princess of Arendele, who would have thought Minho.” Changmin snickered.

 

“You got the wrong idea, she’s engaged.” Minho pointed out.

 

“Being engaged doesn’t stop a man’s heart from beating. I know that you are responsible enough to control how you feel for the benefit of others.” Changmin uttered and Minho bit his lip at his words. Changmin knew his words were true, he can read Minho like an open book. “It just pains me to know Minho that you keep your happiness as the least priority, I wish you could do things for your self more before putting others first.” Changmin uttered then moved to leave.

 

“What is happiness then Changmin hyung? Would a broken man like me find happiness? Would my happiness be able to make other people happy as well?” Minho questioned and Changmin sighed.

 

“We’ll never know until we’ve tried Minho, and you haven’t done it in a long time.” Changmin uttered. “And you are just like a friend I knew.” Changmin uttered and left Minho to ponder.

 

“Would it really make people happy if I become selfish for my own happiness?” Minho asked no one in particular and tried to close his eyes to get some rest.

 

The morning that followed was a new start for Taeyon to talk to her sister, and to convince her to stop the menacing winter. She shook Minho awake and the boy grumbled about something inaudible before opening his tired eyes. The first thing he saw was the bright emerald eyes of the princess and his mouth gaped at how it showed so much hope and carefree spirit. He wanted to dwell in those eyes, wishing for time to stood still and let him indulge in this type of happiness.

 

But Taeyon moved away and boarded the sled, urging him to travel back to the North mountain to convince the queen to return to Arendele. Minho sighed and walked to Changmin to say his goodbye, the troll handing him a platter of fruits for them to eat first.

 

“I trust that you’ll do what is right Minho,” Changmin uttered and Minho nodded.

 

“I will Changmin hyung.” Minho smiled a bit and then walked towards Taeyon and offered her breakfast.

 

Taeyon took them and ate silently, feeling a little unsure why she was feeling a little off. Maybe it was Minho’s kindness or that look in his eyes that tells her how much he was alone and wanted some company; whatever it is, she must pushed that aside because she was engaged and she loved Kai, or was she just blinded by the false pre-tense of love.

 

They started their way back to the ice castle, Taeyon bidding goodbye to the baby trolls and promising to comeback and play with them some other time. Dongwoo was particularly sad because he had finally found someone who would listento his yapping and then yapp with him some more. The snowman waved at one of the tallest troll Sungyeol who was waving back as hard.

 

Minho wanted to roll his eyes at the sight but he didn’t because, let’s face it, it was endearing. They traversed the snowy path and soon they were near the ice castle with renewed hopes to appease the queen and bring her back to her home. But a few meters before the clearing, they heard shouts and screams and so they decided to discreetly find out the source of the sound. They hid behind a large snow pile and Taeyon gasped as she saw her sister at the balony and her fiance’s sword drawn at her, threatening to kill her with one false move.

 

“Kai.: She muttered but now, she felt that love may have been true for Kai, and she was just blinded by the smile the prince of Everland gave her.

 

-----

 

Shindong gathered the guardians and explained to them what Leeteuk had found out. IT was the Queen of Arendele and she has the power to put the world into a deep freeze. While Shindong loved snow, it only made him happy when it falls on Christmas day and children are happily playing outside and not freezing to death.

 

Jonghyun was panicking as Sindong brought out the plan, and by the looks of it, it won’t end up in casual talks. He darted his gaze from the plan then to the moon and back on the plans; would he risk his position to save a queen?

 

Shindong had called them out to the parking, and they boarded the sled to fly to Arendele but Jonghyun’s mind was blank as a canvass. The fate of the Earth rests on this mission and he was torn between his personal happiness and his duties and responsibilities as a guardian.

 

Sunggyu noticed him and grabbed his freezing hands ad gave it a gentle squeeze. Jonghyun smiled at him gratefully before sighing and trusting that Leeteuk could find a way to save him out of this mess.

 

a.n: No Jongyu but.. we are reaching the of the story.. still no spoilers but I hope this update can give your imagination some workout to think of the possible scenarios that will happen on the next update. Till my next update ^^