011

Frozen in Time

a/n: I was really busy so yeah updates weren’t pouring. Anyway I happened to watch Rise of the guardians at Disney Channel so I was rejuvenated XD

 

---

 

The blizzard dissipated and the moon once again glowed. Leeteuk went down to meet the Guardians and he was somehow glad to see them alive. He then looked at the far side and saw the queen with Jonghyun’s body and a frown graced his lips.

 

“We must hurry.” Leeteuk ordered and the Guardians quickly ran towards Jonghyun.

 

They were surprised to see Jonghyun fading, his pale body was turning normal flesh and his platinum hair is turning caramel brown.

 

“He’s turning human, he’s dying.” Leeteuk gasped and everyone panicked.

 

“No he is not dying!” Eunsook shouted. “There must be something we can do!” Eunsook shouted, almost pleading.

 

“The trolls. Maybe they have some sort of idea.” Minho uttered next to Taeyon.

 

“Maybe they could help.” Shindong uttered and they all hurriedly boarded the sleigh. Shindong pulled the reigns and they were flying towards the trolls in no time.

 

Changmin greeted them and hurriedly led them to an altar. He uttered instructions to the trolls and they gathered leaves and oils to make a potion. Eunsook was crying next to Taeyon as they all waited for  what was bound to happen to the fallen guardian.

 

“Hurry up!” Dongwoo yapped, earning a shove from Sungyeol. “What?” the snowman asked.

 

“It takes time to do healing spells you know.” Sungyeol uttered and Dongwoo nodded.

 

Changmin soon commenced with the healing spell but it wasn’t working. He put all efforts into it but he shook his head. “is heart was frozen, but I do not understand why it would affect him when he is an ice wielder.” Changmin uttered defeatedly.

 

“Maybe I could help.” Woohyun uttered, holding an arrow in his hand.

 

Everyone was staring at him as he grinned and then flew towards Eunsook. He then handed the arrow to her and then led her towards the dying Guardian. “You see, he had used all his powers to protect the one he loves, a sacrifice that drained him physically but not emotionally. He is turning human because he was drained but his heart, it can be revived because a sacrifice will always be rewarded.” Woohyun explained and then gestured for Eunsook to plunge the arrow into Jonghyun’s heart.

 

“But wouldn’t it hurt him?” Eunsook questioned but Woohyun shook his head.

 

“my arrows weren’t designed to hurt.” He explained. “but the powers come from the hearts of those who genuinely love.” He uttered and Eunsook nodded. “Do not hesitate, do this because you love him, just as much as he loves you.” Woohyun uttered and flew away, resting next to Gwiboon who embraced him immediately.

 

Eunsook looked at the dying guardian and the sight made her hands curled tightly around the arrow shaft. She has decided to do it, because Jonghyun was someone special to her; someone who had helped her understand her gift. She closed her eyes as she lifted the arrow above her head and with her heart out on her sleeves, she plunged the arrow straight into Jonghyun’s heart. Tears fell from her eyes as she desperately called out to him, her hands loosening around the shaft to rest on his chest while she lowered her head to his heart, sobbing as she prayed for Jonghyun’s lfe.

 

They were all silent as they watched the queen cry her eyes out, not really knowing what to do at this point but to hope that it will all work out in the end. No one knew but they were at least hopeful about it.

 

But when all hope seemed lost, the light glowed and enveloped Jonghyun’s body and Eunsook lifted her head to see the magic that surrounded the spirit of winter. She had no clue of what was happening but she was praying that what she was thinking was correct. She watched with wide eyes as the light graced his skin and left it cold and glittery like the ice crystals of a snowflake.

 

Everyone held their breath as they watched the guardian being cconsumed by the light and soon, they heard a gasp. Jonghyun slowly opened his eyes and to his utter amazement, he saw her tear stained face. He smiled albeit feeling tired and sore and it was returned by a pair of lips on his; he felt warmth around him and his heart pounded like it was being awaken. Cupid’s arrows disintegrated with the light and as it cleared, they saw Eunsook and Jongyun in a lip lock and their lips turned upwards into beautiful knowing smile.

 

“Thank you.” Eunsook muttered when they pulled apart. She was smiling albeit the tears and Jonghyun grinned weakly.

 

“I know that this is fast but, is it wrong to love you?” Jonghyun replied and Eunsook’s tears fell like a waterfall as she heard those words that made her heart beat erratically.

 

“No, it’s perfect timing.” Eunsook declared and pulled him into a kiss.

 

Jonghyun went off the altar and took Eunsook’s hand to his and walked towards the other guardians. They all congratulated them as they walked passed them, Jonghyun thanking them for the brave fight.

 

“Ah, my protégé is now all grown up.” Leeteuk muttered and Jonghyun bowed at him.

 

“Thank you hyung.” He replied and Leeteuk laughed loudly.

 

“It’s about time for you to have your own story written and be seen by eyes that are as pure as the first snowflake.” Leeteuk pointed out and Eunsook blushed at his words.

 

“Then it is an honor to be considered by one of the Guardians.” Eunsook uttered and the Guardians bowed at her. “I apologize for the trouble my weakness has caused everyone.” She added. “But I will try to correct my mistakes and lead Arendelle as her rightful queen.” She declared and Leteuk nodded and bowed at her. “And if could be a little greedy, I would like to keep one of the Guardians with me?” She asked and Leeteuk smiled knowingly.

 

“A Guardian will forever be a Guardian wherever he decided to stay. The duties that came with the title shall forever be engraved in a Guardian’s heart but the duty to his heart is also important. It is for Jonghyun to decide.” Leeteuk uttered and everyone of them turned to Jonghyun.

 

“Please don’t put me in a spotlight all of the sudden.” Jonghyun uttered.

 

 Then Eunsook turned to him and bowed low. Jonghyun was surprised and he asked her to stand up.

 

“For saving Arendelle, I am indebted to you.” Eunsook started. “Please be the Guardian of Arendelle.” She continued then stood to meet Jonghyun’s eyes. “Please be the king of this humble land.” She said a bit hopeful and Jonghyun’s face flushed red; the queen just proposed to him and it felt weird in a good way.

 

Jonghyun eyed everyone who were all smiling before she took her hand and gave him his most sincere smile. “I’d love to be able to help you.” He uttered and Eunsook beamed him a smile. “I’ll gladly stay by your side if it means keeping that smile.” He added and soon Eunsook was crying as she buried her face on Jonghyun’s neck while the spirit of winter wrapped his frosty hands around her waist.

 

They noticed that the ice around them was melting as the sun was peeking from the other side of the mountain. Leeteuk waved goodbye and returned to the moon while the others watched the sun rise in Arendelle once more.

 

“eonnie, I know we came to a bad misunderstanding when I introduced Kai but I know that I am right this time around.” Taeyon uttered as she approached Eunsook, the queen now resting her head on Jonghyun’s shoulder as they watched the sunrise, her tears already ceased and just basking in the glow of true love.

 

“I know Taeyon. I am sorry about my outburst.” Eunsook uttered.

 

“You were right about Kai but he’s not worth any of my memories.” Taeyon said then pulled Minho next to her.

 

Eunsook eyed the toll boy next to her sister then looked at Jonghyun who grinned at her.

 

“Let me introduce to you one of the bravest kid I know.” Jonghyun uttered and Eunsook knew immediately that Taeyon was right this time.’
 

“I approve Taeyon but my wedding comes first.” Eunsook uttered and Taeyon’s eyes lit up as she ran embraced her sister.

 

“I am going to plan your wedding starting right now! Oh my gosh I am so excited!” Taeyon uttered and pulled Minho towards the trolls to start the preparation.

 

Eunsook chuckled as she sat next to Jonghyun and rested her head on his shoulders while Jonghyun wrapped an arm around her waist. “You know, when I first met you, you felt so warm and inviting. Something I never felt after I discovered my gift.” Eunsook uttered. “If I could freeze that moment, I’ll definitely do it.” She added and Jonghyun took a deep breath.

 

He then raised his hand and conjured ice, a sculpture of a man kneeling in fornt of a dazed girl. Eunsook smiled and pecked his cheek before closing her eyes to rest for a while.

 

“I think it was love at first sight.” Jonghyun uttered and Eunsook hummed her reply. “but it took this long to confirm it.” Jonghyun uttered and kissed the top of her head. “And I am glad it worked out in the end.” He sighed and then close his eyes to savor the warmth radiating from the queen.

 

a/n: well I could end it here but Iam sure that you would want the wedding right?? Holler if you want a wedding scene or else this will be the end ^^