005

Frozen in Time

a/n: I decided to include the guardians… but not all in one go ~

 

----

 

Jonghyun was floating in air, literally, as he went back to Georgetown, greeting Leeteuk on his way.

 

“You sure are happy Jonghyun.” Leeteuk greeted and Jognhyun nodded.

 

“Yeah,” Jonghyun uttered, sitting on the moon next to Leeteuk.

 

“But I sense something brewing up, you better alert the guardians.” Leeteuk uttered.

 

“Is Kyuhyun back?” Jonghyun asked and Leeteuk was unsure.

 

“His presence never left but it’s not as prominent as before. But I feel a certain evil brewing up and I am not sure of it as of now.” Leeteuk said and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“I’ll go and inform them hyung.” Jonghyun said and left the man in the moon to figure out what was bound to happen in the near future.

 

Jonghyun flew towards the first place that he could think of, and probably the nearest to Georgetown, the Tooth fairy’s lair. He walked towards the portal and soon, baby tooth flew to greet him. The baby tooth fairies have always been fond of him, dreamy even, and Jonghyun just entertained them.  He walked towards the command center expecting Gwiboon but he was surprised to see another winged creature smooching with the guardian.

 

“Is this a bad time?” Jonghyun asked and Gwiboon rolled her eyes.

 

“Yes.” She uttered a bit harshly. “Can’t you see that I am busy?” Gwiboon pointed to her boyfriend, Cupid himself.

 

“Sorry Gwiboon, but I just came to relay a message from Leeteuk hyung. Hi Woohyun!” Jonghyun uttered, sitting next to cupid.

 

“What is it?” Gwiboon asked and Jonghyun explained to her Leeteuk’s intuition. The tooth fairy sighed and looked at Jonghyun. “His intuitions are almost always accurate.” She grumbled.

 

“Well, I don’t really know about your Guardian stuff but I feel something different from you Jonghyun.” Woohyun pointed out. “It seems like one of my arrows had lodged itself in your heart.” Woohyun said and Jonghyun was perplexed.

 

“That’s a ridiculous theory.” Jonghyun laughed it off.

 

“Cupid’s arrows never fail Jonghyun, Guardians aren’t immune.” Woohyun uttered then looked at Gwiboon, “It even shot me and the tooth fairy.” Woohyun said and Jonghyun gagged at the cheesiness of it.

 

“Okay, sorry to interrupt your date, I’ll be running along then.” Jonghyun waved at the two before blowing a kiss to the baby tooth fairies.  Gwiboon rolled her eyes at that, her minions surely has taken an undying fondness to the spirit of winter; Jonghyun’s perfect white teeth weren’t helping either.

 

 “He really is in love, but I wonder who had melted the ice around his heart?” Woohyun muttered and Gwiboon poked his arm.

 

“You can’t help it can you?” Gwiboon asked and Woohyun nodded.

 

“Just as much as your cravings for pearly whites doesn’t subside.” Woohyun replied and the two laughed at how perfectly imperfect they are as a couple.

 

---

 

Jonghyun’s next visit is the kingdom of fluff and buff, the Easter Bunny, or in causal names, Sungmin. Sungmin’s the epitome of a split personality because he is such a ball of fluff with children but a roaring hare when it comes to evil. He may carry baskets of eggs come Easter but cross him and he’ll have his numchucks out in no time and your kicked hard.

 

“hey Sungmin hyung.” Jonghyun greeted, offering one of the eggs a lift to dye pool.

 

“What brought you here winter?” Sungmin asked and Jonghyun sighed and sat next to the bunny, all fluff at the meantime.

 

“Well, you know how I hate to bother you but Leeteuk hyung is sensing some evil.” Jonghyun said and Sungmin instantly changed from fluff to gritty and rabid. “Now hyung, don’t act all rabid, he is still confirming this but he wants us on our toes, or paws.” Jonghyun said and Sungmin sighed but nodded.

 

“Is it Kyuhyun? Can’t he get over the fact that his Chinese doll wanted a fluffy bunny more than an evil boogieman?” Sungmin asked, gazing to the tall Chinese Doll Mimi who was helping gather the eggs that got dried.

 

The doll noticed Jonghyun and she waved at him, Jonghyun waved back and smiled back, seeing how bright as the sun her smile was.

 

“She liked rainbows and butterflies, not black and gloom.” Sungmin pointed out.

 

“Oh I get it.” Jonghyun uttered and then bid them goodbye. Mimi handed him a chocolate egg which surprised Jonghyun. “Thank you!” Jonghyun beamed and Mimi bowed at him and waved cutely.

 

Jonghyun went his way and flew to a city where he lights were now off and the place is in deep slumber. He saw the sand swirl from house to house, sending kids and adults their beautiful and sweet dreams, of princess and unicorns, or even that monster jam ride. Jonghyun flew and danced with the swirls, finally seeing his target.

 

“Sunggyu hyung!!!!” Jonghyun shouted but the sandman immediately hushed him to prevent nearby people from waking up.

 

“Yes Jonghyun?” He softly uttered, patting a space beside him.

 

Jonghyun floated and sat on the rooftop next to the sandman. “Leeteuk had an intuition.” Jonghyun said and Sunggyu sighed.

 

“Is it Kyuhyun?” Sunggyu asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“I know hyung, it brings back bitter memories.” Jonghyun uttered.

 

“I moved on, at least with Myungsook accompanying me..” Sunggyu uttered, blushing slightly.

 

“Man, I still can’t believe Shindong hyung allowed you to date his daughter.” Jonghyun punched Sunggyu’s arm lightly.

 

“It’s not my fault, Woohyun shot his arrows and Shindoong hyung can’t even say no, he experienced it with Sunny.” Sunggyu replied.

 

“Oh speaking of Woohyun, he was all over Gwiboon earlier.” Jonghyun pointed out and Sunggyu laughed.

 

“Woohyun has no control over his arrows, I guess.” Sunggyu uttered while laughing before settling into a serious tone. “I flew over Arendele, it’s frozen.” Sunggyu uttered.
 

“It’s a bit of a sibling misunderstanding.” Jonghyun uttered and Sunggyu nodded.

 

“But you know what, I kinda sense something darker than that. It’s like Pitch all over again.” Sunggyu uttered and Jonghyun sighed.

 

“Next to Leeteuk hyung, you are the most sensitive Guardian.’ Jonghyun pointed out and Sunggyu let out some sand from his palms.

 

Jonghyun grinned and churned out swirls of ice and they both let the two dance along in the night.

 

“Be careful Jonghyun, we need to be on guard if Leeteuk hyung senses something” Sunggyu said and Jonghyun bid his farewell. “Tell Myungsook I love her.” Sunggyu called out and Jonghyun nodded as he took off to fly to the North Pole.

 

---

 

The familiar coldness of the artic was inviting and as soon as Jonghyun stepped on the landing pad, the doors opened and elves welcomed him warmly. The yeti were all hard at work with the toys and right in the middle of the chaos is Santa Claus’ daughter Myungsook. Her jet black hair framed her face well and her mysterious smile made her like the Mona Lisa of the Guardians. But as child friendly SHindong was on Christmas, She was the opposite when it comes to his daughter.

 

“Hi Myungsook!” Jonghyun greeted and the girl smiled wide like a kitten.

 

“Hi Jonghyun!” She greeted back.

 

“Well it is a little awkward but Sunggyu hyung wanted to tell you that he loves you.” Jonghyun said and Myungsook blushed like Santa’s red suit.

 

“He is such a cutie pie. Want some hot cocoa?” She offered but Jonghyun declined.

 

“I need to see Shindong hyung.” He uttered and Myungsook led him toward Shindong’s workshop.

 

Shindong was staring out into the moon and the North Star when Jonghyun approached him. “it’s Arendele.” He muttered and Jonghyun was confused.  “We need to stop the winter.” Shindong uttered and looked at Jonghyun. “I am afraid that the Queen must be stopped.” Shindong uttered and Jonghyun felt his blood run cold; metaphorically at least.

 

 

a/n: Well no Jongyu but there were Ninja pairs out there. And well, I do have a good idea on how everyone meets but until I reach to that point, I am not going to give away spoilers. ^^