004

Frozen in Time

a/n: I did promise more jongyu in this chapter~

 

---

 

Eunsook was walking down her ice castle stairs and admiring the chandelier that she made, who would knew she could do something so beautiful from a curse he considered hideous. The chandelier inspired her, like this song was begging her to sing it out loud. There was no one in the vicinity so she just took a deep breath and sang it out loud.

 

Let it go.. Let it go Can’t hold it back any more

Let it go…

 

 

A smile crept to her lips as she continued to sing, walking down the corridor, gentle steps dancing across the delicate ice that she built.

 

Don’t let them in

Don’t let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

 

It felt so good to be this free and Eunsook closed her eyes as she reached the foot of the stairs. Gripping the rail tightly and letting out snow from the other hand, she broke into a ran up the stairs.

 

Let it go.. let it go…

 

The adrenaline rush was exhilarating as she reach the balcony; over looking the vast snow caped North Mountain. She took in the pristine white view and the cold breeze that the elevation brought. She was happy with the cold surrounding her, and perhaps it was because of someone who had taught her to actually let go and see that it wasn’t a curse but a gift.

 

She was about to sing another verse when he heard a voice, a male one to be exact and as she turned, it was Jonghyun standing by the door, side resting on the door frame. Eunsook was mesmerized with how Jonghyun’s voice was deep and cold but warm all at the same time. It was like he was talking to her in an intimate level.

 

When you feel all alone and the world has turned its back on you

Give me a moment please to tame your wild, wild heart

 

Jonghyun’s eyes sparkled like ice crystals dancing in the moonlight. It was sweet and comforting and Eunsook can’t help but close her eyes and indulge in the feeling of comfort and understanding.

 

When darkness is upon your door and you feel like you can’t take anymore

Let me the one you call

If you jump I’ll break your fall

Lift you up and fly away with you into the night.

 

Eunsook felt warm breath near her and when she opened her eyes, Jonghyun was grinning at her and extending a hand.

 

If you need to fall apart, I can mend a broken heart

If you need to crash then crash and burn, you’re not alone

 

Eunsook smiled as she took his hand and he twirled her around and pulled her close to his body. Jonghyun then placed both her hands on his shoulder as he rested his hands on her thin waist. They swayed while Jonghyun hummed and Eunsook felt like it was a fairytale classic scene, like Cinderella with Prince Charming.

 

“You sound so lovely, your voice is so beautiful.” Jonghyun uttered and Eunsook was sure that her cheeks turned a deep pink.

 

“Thank you. You are not bad yourself.” Eunsook said and Jonghyun thanked her. “Do you mean what you just sang?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun grinned wider and nodded.

 

“Who would understand ice better than another ice.” Jonghyun said and Eunsook laughed at the lameness of the punch line.

 

“Thank you” Eunsook uttered and with a gust of courage, she leaned in, moved closer to Jonghyun and rested her head on his shoulder.

 

Jonghyun was stunned for a good minute before he wrapped his arms tighter around her thin waist and smiled as his heart felt so light like a snowflake; and above, an aurora is dancing along with them.

 

 

----

 

The horse that Taeyon used for the voyage to find the queen returned to the palace without a rider and that alone made the castle guards worry. Kai, who had taken charge of the castle as per orders of the princess was quick to make a plane to find the princess and to protect Arendele like it was his own.

 

The people cheered him on and the bravest volunteered to accompany him in the journey. He vowed to bring back the princess and to put a stop to the freezing cold that was set off by the queen. To the people of Arendele, he was their only hope and hero. Kai was flattered naturally and he had told the men to prepare themselves physically and mentally, they will depart by dawn.

 

Kai was in his guest room preparing the coat and crossbows that he will bring for the journey when the shadow from the corner of his eyes moved. He grabbed the swords by his waist and drew it. He heard a hollow laugh and turned to see the entity seated on the plush couch by the window.

 

“Are you afraid of the bogey man?” The black clothed man asked and Kai sheathed his sword.

 

“It’s you.” Kai uttered in a harsh tone.

 

“Not fond of seeing me? I did help you, just to remind you.” The man uttered and Kai glared at him.

 

“I know Kyuhyun, I know.” Kai uttered and Kyuhyun grinned at him.

 

“So what are your plans now?” Kyuhyun asked as Kai sat on his bed.

 

“Defeat the queen and dispose of the princess.” Kai said and Kyuhyun laughed at him.

 

“Defeat the queen? A mere human dared defy the cursed one? Pathetic.” Kyuhyun said and Kai looked at him pointedly. “Don’t give me that look 12th prince of Everland.” Kyuhyun’s voice was mocking him.

 

“Do you have a better plan?” Kai asked and kyuhyun grinned at him.

 

“It does come with a price.” Kyuhyun uttered and Kai sighed before nodding in agreement. ‘Then it is settled, the queen awaits in the North Mountain. Hurry before she had a change of heart and embrace the ice around her heart.” Kyuhyun warned and disappeared in the shadow.

 

Kai ran a tired hand on his hair and fell to the soft mattress, but he had to this; for his ambition, for his future.

 

----

 

Taeyon and Minho finally arrived at the summit and Dongwoo yapped about the staircase that led to the ice castle. It was mesmerizing and beautiful that their mouths gaped at the sight. Taeyon then took steps towards the door and gently knocked. She asked Dongwoo and Minho to stay behind as she talked to her sister. She looked up at the chandelier and was even more amazed at the craftsmanship that it had to create such masterpiece. She then traversed the ice staircase and halfway through it, she saw Eunsook laughing.

 

“Eunsook eonnie?” She called out and Eunsook turned her attention to the voice who called her.

 

“Taeyon?” She asked and Taeyon was surprised to see her sister sporting a goldenblonde hair and her icy blue y dress.

 

“Wow eonnie, you looked amazing!” Taeyon remarked and Eunsook blushed.

 

“Thank you.” She shyly replied. “But you need to go.” Eunsook  uttered but Taeyon stood her ground.

 

“Not without you.” She uttered.

 

“Don’t be stubborn. I will only hurt you.” Eunsook uttered but Taeyon shook her head.

 

“We can fix this.” Taeyon insisted and tried to reach for her sister.

 

Eunsook deflected her and in doing so let out a splash of ice out her palm, it was going to hit Taeyon but Jonghyun, who was hovering just near the sisters delfected it by blocking the path. The force of impact did threw Taeyon off balance but unharmed. Taeyon did not know what happened but only heard her sister utter a name Jonghyun. She did not know of any person by the name of Jonghyun and she doesn’t see anyone at the moment except her sister so she furrowed her brows.

 

When Minho heard something hitting the wall, he rushed towards the direction of the sound. She saw Taeyon on the floor and the queen standing a few feet away. He ran towards the princess and helped her up on her feet.

 

“Just go.” Eunsook instructed and Minho nodded and led her out of the ice castle.

 

She then walked towards Jonghyun and crouched down to check him. Jonghyun smiled at her and then assured her that he was fine. “Ice won’t hurt me Eunsook but your attack pack a mean punch.” Jonghyun laughed.

 

Eunsook smiled a little bit then leaned in to Jonghyun. “Thank you for saving my sister.” She uttered and kissed his cheek.

 

The action made Jonghyun freeze and melt at the same time. Her soft lips on is cold skin made his body warm and even if it was barely there, that kiss would be embedded on his heart, mind and soul for the rest of his eternal frozen life.

 

---

 

a/n: I always liked using song references in my stories when needed but I don’t write the whole lyrics, just the verses that is most suited to the story. In this chapter, the songs I used are ‘Let it go’ Frozen OST and ‘Crash and Burn’ by Savage Garden. I love Crash and Burn because it really has beautiful lyrics and meaning,

 

I am quite curious too on how to bring the two stories together but bit by bit, it’s unravelling on its own. Kai is most definitely Hans and Kyuhyun is the Boogieman or Pitch, Jack Frost’s enemy. I did not want to follow the original Frozen story about Elsa hitting Anna with ice so…. Jonghyun to the rescue. And why is Jonghun invisible to Taeyon? Well let’s go back to the story of Jack Frost.

 

Sorry long A/N but for the last bit of blabbering, would you want the other guardians making an appearance on the story? Hahahah