003

Frozen in Time

 

A/N: so this will be focused on Taeyon/Taemin

 

---

 

Taeyon was shocked beyond words seeing her sister unleash a monstrous power, so that’s why she always hide, she thought.

 

“The queen is a monster!” The duke screamed and Taeyon instantly defended her sister.

 

“No! She is just startled!” Taeyon shouted back.

 

“She is a monster and she will freeze everyone in Arendele!” the duke was persistent.

 

Taeyon clenched her fists and glared at the duke. “I will find her and talk to her. She is not a monster and she will bring back summer!” She said with determination. “Kai, please look after Arendele for a while.” She said and the prince bowed and nodded.

 

“I will take care of it like my own.” He responded and Taeyon kissed his cheek before taking off with the royal horse.

 

She went her way towards the snowy mountains in search of her sister to prove everyone that she wasn’t a monster but a rightful queen of Arendele. She trudged on despite the snow that heavily fell and her ball gown not giving her warmth at all. But then her horse stepped on a branch and freaked out. She slipped off from the horse and snow covered her dress, freezing her as well as shocking her, because she would need to go on a journey alone, and frozen as ice.

 

But her luck changed when she saw an inn where she could at least find some clothes to buy and change into. There was limited supply in the inn but thankfully there were some warm clothes that fit her. During her stay with a cup of cocoa in her hands, a tall man entered the inn in search of some carrots for his reign deer. She looked at him and gaped at how gorgeous the man looked, with snow in his bangs that stood out from his bonnet and the well defined facial features and large eyes, he looked perfect.

 

“Did you say you have a sleigh?” Taeyon rushed to his side.

 

“Ah yes Miss, I do own a sleigh.” The guy uttered.

 

“Can you take me to the North Mountain?” She asked and the guy raised a brow,

 

‘Why would you go to the North Mountain? It is frozen as ice and a strong blizzard is ravaging the place.” The man uttered.

 

“Please help me!” Taeyon pleaded with her puppy eyes and the man just turned his back.

 

“I can’t afford to put my life in danger.” He uttered and walked out of the inn.

 

She didn’t want to do this but it was the only way to hitch a ride to the North Mountain. Ahe gritted her teeth and followed the man outside. “I order you as Princess of Arendele to render your service.” Taeyon uttered and the man looked at her quizzically.

 

“I am from Georgetown, your majesty.” The man replied.

 

“But you are in my territory.” She demanded.

 

“Okay your majesty, you don’t have to be so prissy.” The man replied.

 

“Princess Taeyon. My name is Taeyon.” She huffed her cheeks.

 

“my bad Princess Taeyon. Please rest for the night, we move by dawn.” The man uttered and walked towards a cave were his reign deer was already resting.

 

“Uhm, your name?” She softly asked.

 

“It’s Minho your majesty.” The man uttered without looking at the princess.

 

At the break of dawn, Taeyon met up with Minho who was brushing off snow from his reign deer. She smiled towards at him and greeted him a good morning but Minho just shrugged and boarded his sleigh.

 

 

“Come on Princess.” He uttered and Taeyon boarded the sleigh with a huff.

 

Minho wasn’t much of a talker, Taeyon found out the hard way after trying to talk to him in the past hour of travelling towards the North Mountain. She pouted as she looked at the endless snow that surrounded them.

 

“Is the queen responsible for the ice palace?” Minho suddenly asked and Taeyon’s eyes lit up.

 

“She built an ice palace?” Taeyon asked.

 

“yeah, and she is freezing Arendele for all she cared.” Minho uttered and Taeyon sighed.

 

“It’s my fault, I pushed her over the edge with my shotgun engagement.” Taeyon confessed.

 

“Oh so I am helping the villain.” Minho uttered.

 

“Sort of, but I am going to talk to her and unfreeze Arendele.” Taeyon uttered and Minho chuckled at that.

 

“by offering her hot chocolate?” Minho joked but Taeyon glared at him.

 

“By talking to her and apologizing.” Taeyon said and Minho just shrugged his shoulders.

 

The ride went uneventful until they reached an area where the tree vines looked like chandeliers due to the morning dew that turned into ice crystals. They met a singing snowman who introduced himself as Dongwoo. He was playing and rolling in the snow when they approached the creature.

 

“Hi! I am Dongwoo.” He chirped happily.

 

“Hi Dongwoo, are you a snowman?” Taeyon asked, because she is quite fond of snowmen.

 

“Yeah, the queen made me.” He explained and Taeyon lit up as she heard the explanation.

 

“Really, do you know where she is?” Taeyon asked and Dongwoo nodded.

 

“But she locked herself in a castle up in the North Mountain Peak.”  He explained.

 

“I need to talk to her, can you tell me the way?” She asked with her trademark puppy eyes.

 

“I can lead you there.” Dongwoo uttered and Taeyon agreed, leading the snowman towards the sleigh.

 

“great, another load.” Minho whined but Taeyon ignored him.

 

They went on their way, taking directions from the very talkative snowman. He uttered random facts about ice and snow, how the ice is clear if the water is pure and hazy if there are minerals in the water, or how hale is formed when there is too much lightning in the clouds, and how snowflakes are always 6 sided.

 

“We know, please shut up.” Minhi huffed, too tired to listen to the yapping of the snowman.

 

Dongwoo’s face was sullen as he kept his head down and kept quiet. Taeyon looked at the sullen snowman and punched Minho in the arm.

 

“How could you be so harsh to him?” Taeyon hissed.

 

“I am sick and tired of his bickering. FYI, I was forced into this stupid journey just because you freaking agreed to get engaged with a prince whom you just met.” Minho uttered back.

 

“Okay, so blame me for it but it is love at first sight!” Taeyon uttered and then turned away from the sleigh driver.

 

“Yeah I blame you for freezing this kingdom. Who would even believe in love at first sight?” Minho uttered with a mocking tone.

 

“Someone stupid like me.” Taeyon muttered to herself.

 

They then traversed the route to the peak in silence, lest for the sounds of the raging wind. The temperature dropped the higher they climbed and in the corner of Minho’s eyes, he saw the princess shiver slightly. He sighed again before the took both reigns in one hand and wrapped the other around the Princess’s waist and pulled her closer to him before taking the reign to the other hand.

 

“it’s getting cold your majesty.” Minho uttered and Taeyon noticed the softness in his words. She just nodded, feeling her voice stuck in as her heart thumped hard and erratically.

 

She felt her cheeks heat up and she focused her eyes on the path in front of them, because she knew that she was blushing but she can’t help herself but lean into the warmth that was Minho.

 

It’s not possible isn’t it

 

a/n: I know that there is no Jongyu but I told you Kristoff would appear~ next chapter would be more Jongyu ^^