010

Frozen in Time

a/n: hey I am sorry for not updating because I spent 3 weeks overseas (again) for official business. Now here is the update~

 

 

----

 

“We can’t defeat her like this!” Gwiboon shouted amidst the strong blizzard.

 

“Hold on Guardians, we must defeat the darkness.” Shindong shouted over the blaring winds, hale and snow.

 

They gritted their teeth and focused their energy to battle the darkness, releasing balls of light to battle the darkness that was pummelling them. They held their ground as hard as they could, as far as their limits can take them. They pushed forward, faced the darkness with all their might and prayed that they could somehow weaken the darkness and find a light.

 

 

“You think you can defeat me again?” Kyuhyun laughed loudly as he towered over the guardians. “You think you puny creatures you call yourselves guardians can outsmart me?” He grinned. “I am smarter than I took credit for, and this time around, you cannot defeat me.” He uttered and then laughed menancingly as he released a blast of darkness that threw the guardians off of their feet and their bodies were blasted to different places, landing on thick snow and knocking some of them unconscious.

 

---- 

 

“Eunsook!” the faintest whisper was heard as the mentioned girl whirled around to search for the source of the call.

 

“Show yourself!” the queen called out, throwing ice at the direction where she thought the sound came from.

 

“Eunsook!” She heard it again and it frustrated her to hear her name being called but not able to see who did it.

 

“I command you to show yourself!” Eunsook shouted, blasting more ice to random places.

 

Frustrated and aggravated with the call, she gathered a ball of light and blasted it on a random corner of the dark place that surrounded her. She continued to blast ice and light in random places that it actually wore her out. She panted as she caught her breath, it was frustrating her to no end.

 

“I command you to show yourself!” She shouted once again and this time, it was a faint voice, of two children laughing and singing.

 

She strained her ears to listen to the tiny high pitched voice as she turned to search the location of the voices. She ran for a while as she heard the voices growing louder with each step that she took. And it felt strangely familiar, the voices seemed to be from someone she knew; and it was a nagging feeling that the voices were close to her.

 

And then she stopped, gaped and tuned in, because the voices weren’t speaking but rather, they were singing a song she thought she already forgot.

 

Do you wanna build a snowman?

 

Eunsook knew the song, knew it by heart in fact. She listened more closely and felt her heart beat a little faster and felt her body a little warmer.

 

“Eonnie!” She heard the tiny voice call out and then she heard them laugh again, giggling at times, and she felt something inside her shatter.  And then she saw a light, blinding her that she closed her eyes.

 

 

----

 

“Eonnie!” Taeyon giggled as she chased after her sister while running amidst the falling snow.

 

“Run faster Taeyon! Catch me if you can!” Eunsook called out, laughing as she ran away from her sister.

 

“No fair! Eonnie is big and strong! I wanna be like Eonnie and grow big and strong!” Little Taeyon called out and Eunsook stopped and opened her arms and made Taeyon ran to her before enveloping her in a hug.

 

“You will someday Taeyon.” She uttered as she ran a hand on her head.

 

“I will make you proud Eonnie!” Taeyon beamed and Eunsook smiled at her.

 

“I believe in you TaeyEonnie.” She smiled and they walked hand in hand towards the center of the garden where the snow was already piled up and waiting for them to build their snowman.

 

“Taeyon” Eunsook uttered, her pupils switching from being dilated to normal and back. And then she noticed a boy flying overhead, whisking his hands in beautiful patterns and creating snowflakes as delicate as the whisper of the wind.  She watched as the boy flew gracefully and saw his grin that caught her breath.

 

“grow up well princesses.” She heard him say as he blew a few more snowflakes before flying away.

 

Eunsook was panting heard when she was pulled out of the light. How could she forget about her sister? How could she lose her guard and let evil took control of her mind and powers? And who, who is that guy that flew above them?

 

She focused her attention ahead and saw the dark figure that was haunting her. Seeing the man stood almighty was making her blood boil and she clenched her fists as she focused on overcoming the darkness that took over her. “For Taeyon.” She gritted her teeth and with her final effort in dispelling the darkness, the ice that she feared flowed through her veins and burst out in streams of light that shattered the darkness around her.

 

She then took bold steps towards the man and aimed her hand towards him. “I will not let the darkness control me anymore.” She shouted and aimed at the man in front of her.

 

“So you think you can defeat me with that?” Kyuhyun snorted and then aimed at Eunsook, a dark ball of light flew at her.

 

Eunsook countered with a bright light and aimed three shots at the man. Maybe?” She answered then shot him another light.

 

“Too bad, because you can’t” Kyuhyun uttered and then threw a large ball of light at her, causing her to freeze and brace herself for the impact.

 

But she was pushed away and she landed on the soft snow, the coldness covering her body as she coughed a little from the impact. She looked out into the place where she was standing and was surprised to see a fallen man with hair platinum and a face as white as ice but as warm as summer. She felt like she knew him and in the back of her mind, she felt like it was deeper than what she is seeing at the surface; like the tip of an iceberg.

 

“Jonghyun?” the name slipped from her tongue and emotions flooded her body.

 

She ran towards the body and checked if he was still alive. He was alive and she breathed out a sigh of relief before she narrowed her eyes and turned to the source of her misery.

 

“You can’t take away the people that mattered to me.” She shouted and she was rewarded by a heinous laughter.

 

“Oh please, this piece of trash mattered to you?” Kyuhyun asked, mocked the fallen guardian.

 

“I will not repeat myself.” She uttered and wielded ice.

 

“Bring it on! I am not afraid, because I am fear itself!” He shouted back and wielded the darkness.

 

They let out the energy and it collided with each other, both putting everything they had in this blow. No one wanted to give up but only one can survive the battle.

 

“Eunsook” She heard him call out and with his last bit of energy, Jonghyun raised his hands and wielded ice and blasted it to Kyuhyun, catching the Boogeyman off guard.

 

Eunsook took the opportunity to fire a ball of ice and Kyuhyun, for lack of better words, felt the déjà vu, seeing his fear consume fear itself. His eyes widen and for the second time in a long time, he succumbed to a greater force as his plan backfired again.

 

Eunsook was exhausted and her knees buckled under her weight. She panted as she watched the darkness fade slowly, clearing the place for her to see the ice laden country as well as the still bodies that she never knew was there.

 

“Eonnie!” She heard a familiar voice and she felt tears falling from her eyes as she watched a familiar face ran towards her.

 

She opened her arms and soon, her little sister was enveloping her in a hug, tears also running down her face.

 

“I thought I lost you, he said that you were dead.” Eunsook was weeping her heart out, feeling relief wash over her body.

 

“I thought I lost you too!” Taeyon uttered.

 

“But how?” the older asked and Taeyon handed her the case where Eunsook’s memory was encased.

 

“Jonghyun told us that this will help us defeat the Boogeyman.” She uttered and Eunsook nodded.

 

“He was right.” She uttered then turned to see where Jonghyun was. Her eyes then went wide as she found his body still.

 

She forced herself to stand, Taeyon gladly helped her, and ran towards the body, and she then held his head and placed it on her lap, her tears flowing again, fearing that Jonghyun, whom she knew now that watched over her and had stolen her first kiss, would leave her just when she had confirmed her feelings for him.

 

“Please don’t leave me.” Eunsook uttered and placed her lips onto the Guardian’s cold lips. “Please.” She whispered, warm tears fall on his cold cheeks and her breath ghosting over his lips.

 

----

 

a/n: Hello there~ I am not really an action type of writer but I did my best~ I just hope it was enough of an update for everyone ^^