008

Frozen in Time

A/N: I am back!!!!!

 

---

 

Eunsook found herself chained up and locked inside a dingy cellar. She looked around her and sighed, she had killed her own sister and Arendelle is in danger because of her. She was a murderer and she needed to be persecuted. She felt warm tears escape her eyes and she had never felt so useless in her entire life.

 

Kyuhyun looked with a wide grin, he had the queen under his finger trips and he loved how he could manipulate her now that she was in her weakest state. He moved his fingers and Eunsook’s eyes blanked and she lost all control of her body; she was now at the mercy of the Boogeyman.

 

Kai was now in the throne room surrounded by the knights and lords of Arendelle. He told them a story, of the princess’s fate at the hands of the queen and how she entrusted the kingdom to him. The Lords nodded in agreement, completely agreeing with him and handing him the throne. Kai was a good actor and behind the sorrowful face he had given the lords, he was gleaming with happiness, he was now king.

 

Jonghyun was blowing ice to pass time as Shindong and Changmin drew out plans to take down the queen. He was formulating a plan of his own, to save her rather than bring her down, because she is innocent, really.

 

The guardians had formed a plan, a solid plan to take down the threat to the world. They can’t risk freezing the world and covering it in doom so they sought to exterminate the cause. They internalized the plan and Jonghyun was not liking it; but could he risk the whole world for one girl? Probably not.

 

So they then boarded the sleigh and went to meet the problem face to face. Taeyon went down the sleigh with the help of Minho before running towards the castle. They opened the door and went to the throne room just as the minister would stamp the seal of Kai’s appointment as the King of Arendelle. Taeyon stopped them and everyone was surprised to see that the Princess was still alive.

 

“You liar!” Taeyon shouted and Kai was not at all pleased.

 

He drew his sowrd and charged at Taeyon but Minho pushed the princess out of the way and grabbed a sword from a nearby knight. They heard clashing swords and Taeyon watched as Minho battled Kai like it was a scene from the movies. They were equally skilled, which surprised Taeyon, because Minho wasn’t trained like Kai but he was a grandson of a kid who helped the Guardians so maybe that was something Minho inherited.

 

As the clash of words continued and Kai took an opening to slash Minho’s arm, making Taeyon gasp. Kai was grinning but Minho wasn’t going to be stopped by a mere wound. He bounced back with an attack and Kai found himself slumped on the floor with a sword on his neck.

 

‘I could kill you right now.” Minho uttered but Taeyon hold his hand to stop him.

 

“I think his brothers would give him a far worse punishment.” Taeyon uttered and went to talk to the ministers and lords.

 

“I, Taeyon, Princess of Arendelle speak in behalf of my sister, the Queen. I charge Kai, 12th prince of Everland, treason and thus sentence him back to Everland. I leave the punishment to King Suho, King of Everland to give him the suitable punishment he deserves.” Taeyon uttered and soon, the knights took the prince away and led him towards the dungeons.

 

Meanwhile, the guardians came face to face with Eunsook and kyuhyun, the bogeyman grinned at them as he unleashed his dark powers mixed with Eunsook’s ice. It overwhelmed the guardians and Sunggyu instantly wielded sand to protect them. Jonghyun battled with his eyes while Gwiboon released her baby fairies to help them disperse the ice. Sungmin started battling the ice monsters that erupted with Shindong. Kyuhyun laughed hollowly, this was better than what he planned, and he’ll crush the guardians in no time.

 

“They are too powerful.” Shindong shouted as he punched the ice monster and send it plummeting towards the other monsters but then recovered and charged back at them,

 

Then a gust of wind and they found themselves around a blizzard with no means of escape. Jonghyun managed to fly away and finally got a look at Eunsook who was trapped in the spell Kyuhyun. Jonghyun approached Eunsook to talk to her but each time he tried to approach her, he was attacked by ice and snow. Sure, the ice doesn’t hurt him, but the punch it packed did. Also, since Kyuhyun had his powers over Eunsook, the dark magic had hurt Jonghyun more.

 

“Eunsook!” jonghyun called out but the girl was unresponsive. He did not give up though, because he knew Eunsook can snap out of it. But what else could he do to overcome the power of darkness that captured Eunsook’s being?

 

“Eunsook please snap out of it.” Jonghyun said as another ball of ice hit him and threw him down into the snow covered earth.

 

 

Taeyon and Minho went out of the palace and was greeted with the gusts of snow and wind. Minho wrapped his arms around Taeyon to cover her from the harsh weather.

 

“Eunsook onnie?” Taeyon called out as she was pressed close to Minho’s chest. She grabbed Minho’s shirt as she closed her eyes and fought the tears that were bound to fall. She wanted to help her sister, she wanted her back but what good will she do when she was mortal and they were up against some devil that lived on fear.

 

She felt the arms around her tighten as Minho’s heart beat faster. She listened and relaxed just as Minho whispered words to reassure her. “We can do something, there’s always a way.” Minho uttered but he knew that it will be difficult for them.

 

“If only there is something we could do.” Minho bit his lip but kept the faith.

 

And then a light at the end of the tunnel appeared when baby tooth flew to them and tugged at Minho’s sleeve. He looked at the baby tooth fairy and beamed a knowing smile.

 

“Definitely, there’s a way.” Minho grinned and Taeyon dared to look up at him and her breath was taken away at how he looked like a hero, and her heart beat became erratic, she might just found her hero.