001

Frozen in Time

Jonghyun was a happy go lucky child who had loved fun and mischief wherever he goes. He has a melodious laugh and that charming grin that everyone around town loves him. Winter was his favourite season of all because he could play with snow and make snowman with his sister Sodam. He put on his sweater and his knotted scarf before strutting out to welcome the first snow with his sister in tow. They ran down to the lake where the water is frozen already and they were excited to skate.

 

They didn’t know of the danger when they stepped into the ice. And when Sodam took steps further out, Jonghyun’s eyes widened as he watched the ice beneath her feet crack. With his reflexes, he pulled her out of danger but the sudden shift in weight caused him to fall into the icy lake and the last thing he heard was the screams of his sister calling for help.

 

He opened his eyes and soon he realized that he was floating in air and when he breathes, ice crystals form in the air.  A chuckle was heard from behind him and soon Jonghyun turned to see a man sitting on the moon. “Hey there Jack Frost!” the man chirped and Jonghyun narrowed his eyes.

 

“Who? Me?” Jonghyun asked and the man nodded.

 

“Yeah, I fished you out of the lake, and you were as cold as ice.” The man uttered, pointing to Jonghyun’s platinum hair. “I’m Leeteuk by the way.” He introduced himself.

 

“Leeteuk hyung?” Jonghyun asked and the man nodded. “Why save me?” Jonghyun asked and Leeteuk laughed a bit.

 

“Maybe because I saw how you sacrificed yourself for your sister, I find that endearing.” He uttered. “And seeing how you loved winter, this is the best compromise.” Leeteuk explained and Jonghyun spun around and snow twirled around with him.

 

“Hey there, Just a word of caution, you are essentially a lost soul so no one could ever see you, not your sister, not your family, just me.” Leeteuk uttered and Jonghyun nodded.

 

Jonghyun found out that being able to spread ice and snow with every turn and blow of air. He loved making the children giggle with every snow flake that fall. But when the night fall and he was left all alone, he felt cold, and he missed the warmth of his family. He gazed through the window of his home and how he wanted to be there and enjoy the warmth of a hot cup of cocoa. But it was impossible now, because he was invisible; and that made his heart sank.

 

 

In another kingdom named Arendell, the King and Queen had perished in a maritime accident, leaving two Princesses, Lee Eunsook and Lee Taeyon alone to fend for themselves; and to lead the kingdom.

 

Eunsook was a secretive girl because when they were young, she had discovered a curse that was so evil, she couldn’t even bear speak of it to anyone. But tonight was a night he had feared would come: the coronation ball.

 

She was the slated heir to the throne and by all mean, she was repressing the role. She couldn’t lead the kingdom if she was cursed but no one knew her secret and she would rather not put her kingdom in jeopardy. But she had no choice in the matter as the ministers and dukes all urged her to be the queen, and deep down he couldn’t let her parents down.

 

As the coronation ball commenced that night, she walked inside the ball room with tension hanging in the air.  Her curse was getting out of hand in the past year and she was freaking out every minute that it gets out of control.  She took a deep breath and entered the room, bright lights and loud music greeted her, along with cheers and applause for the newly crowned queen. Her sister Taeyon greeted her happily, excited for her coronation but Eunsook wasn’t feeling the joyos atmosphere sink through her body.

 

She watched the party swing in full blast, opting to stay out of it for as long as she could. But when her sister Taeyon told her about her shotgun engagement to the 8th prince Kai, she was beyond agree.

 

She told her sister off, not wanting to her reason for such rash decision. But Taeyon insisted on love which was really not acceptable in Eunsook’s terms so they got off in each other’s bad moods, with Taeyon crying out how she was being unfair to her as a sister.

 

“I am not going to give my blessing and that is final.” Eunsook shouted but Taeyon stood her ground.

 

In a rash to get away from the crowd, Eunsook walked towards the door when Taeyon grabbed her by the hand and took out the gloves from Eunsook, revealing the curse that she tried hard to keep. The sudden fury of ice crystals left everyone shocked and scared, making Eunsook scared with the faces around her. One of the dukes wanted her arrested; she was a monster to their eyes. She fled the castle as fast as she could and in a haste and fear, she had accidentally turned Arendell into a frozen state.

 

She ran as far away as she could but then halted in front of the lake. But she was very afraid of the guards chasing after her so she took a hesitant step on the water and in her surprise, ice formed under her and soon, she was running on ice, far away from the kingdom she had lived in. She found herself walking towards a mountain and her powers now lose as a blizzard surrounded her.

 

While she was climbing up, her powers consuming her in lengths she did not know. And then it broke loose and light consumed her. She felt the energy ran out of her and in a blink of an eye, her hair turned gold and her body was covered in icy blue dress that reflected winter.

 

She built a castle made of ice and watched as the ice protected and shielded her from the world that she once knew but now a distant memory.

 

“I’m letting go.” Eunsook told herself and balled herself, crying for the last time.

 

----

 

 

Jonghyun was floating around town when he noticed a castle of ice form in the middle of the mountain bordering Arendell and his little town of Georgetown. He flew towards the snow capped mountain and stopped in front of the castle doors. He was astounded with the beauty of the ice that towered above him and the intricate details that ran across the pillars of ice and continued to the large ice doors. He placed a hand on the door and it brought a smile to his face, the ice castle was something that made him feel happy.

 

He pushed open the door and stepped into the lobby where a majestic chandelier hanged and it purely made of ice. He took steps further inside, up the ice staircase and towards the lone room upstairs. He dared to push it open and saw the ball of icy blue by the corner before he ran to that corner and touch the person.

 

The girl was startled and Jonghyun took a step back, gaping as he saw the prettiest girl he had ever seen. She has those pretty almond eyes and her lips thin and fragile. Her skin was pale white but her cheeks rosy still. He blinked a couple of times and then shook his head, realizing that he couldn’t be seen. He took a step towards the door when he heard her call for him.

 

“Wait!” She uttered and Jonghyun was shocked as he turned to look back to her.

 

“You can see me?” Jonghyun asked and the girl nodded.

 

“Who are you and why are you here?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun gave her a small smile.

 

“I flew. I am Jonghyun by the way.” Jonghyun extended a hand and Eunsook never took it.

 

“I can freeze you.” Eunsook uttered, quite afraid of her curse.

 

“Oh no you won’t, I am practically the spirit of Winter.” Jonghyun uttered and Eunsook smiled a bit. “Go ahead, try it.” Jonghyun encouraged and Eunsook took a deep breath before slowly extending her hand.

 

They were both expecting ice cold hands but when their hands touched, they felt warmth creep through their fingers and ran down their bodies leaving them gaping and wide eyed. Eunsook wanted to pull away but Jonghyun held her hand tighter and soon he leaned in to kiss her. Her lips were warm enough and it spread through their bodies until Eunsook pushed him away.

 

“What do you think you are doing?” Eunsook was perplexed. “I am the queen of Arendell! I am queen Eunsook!” She shouted.

 

“I’m sorry your majesty.” Jonghyun quickly apologized as he bowed low.

 

Eunsook coughed a bit and walked out of the room, leaving Jonghyun rooted in his place. Eunsook clutched her heart as it pounded inside her. She had never felt warm in ages, not even the sun couldmelt her ice, but now this Jonghyun just came waltzing in and held her hand. IT was impossible.

 

“I’m sorry your majesty.” Jonghyun’s voice boomed inside the hallowed ice walls. “I should have never did that.” Jonghyun uttered as he chased after her down the stairs.

 

“I’ll let it go Jonghyun, just leave.” Eunsook uttered and Jonghyun sighed.

 

“I’ll leave your majesty.” Jonghyun uttered as he ran towards the door and then flew away from the castle and back to the lake in Georgetown where he belonged.

 

He knew that kissing her was not the best idea but her warmth, the warmth he had craved so much, was finally within reach and someone aside from Leeteuk could finally see him. But she wanted isolation, and that alone made Jonghyun feel cold again, icy and frozen.

 

He gazed into the moon and saw Leeteuk sitting on the edge of the crescent. He flew towards him and sighed as he sat next to him. “You seemed bothered Jonghyun.” Leeteuk started and Jonghyun sighed.

 

“another person can see me.” Jonghyun said and Leeteuk flashed a knowing grin.

 

“How was that possible?” Leeteuk asked but he knew the answer to his own question.

 

“I don’t know but she has similar powers to mine, she has the gift of ice.” Jonghyun explained.

 

“And then what?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“She probably hates me because I took advantage of her.” Jonghyun  sulked. “I can’t believe I did that.” Jonghyun ran a tired hand on his face and Leeteuk felt  cold wind blew.

 

“Hey, don’t go freezing Georgetown now because you are sulking.” Leeteuk uttered and Jonghyun sighed. “I helped you because I thought that you could be the guardian of fun but I think I am regretting my decision now.” Leeteuk uttered and Jonghyun sighed even more.

 

 

“I’m sorry, I am a disappointment.” Jonghyun said and flew down towards the rock by the lake, taking his staff and drawing random stuff with ice swirls in the still lake in front of him.

 

 

a/n: I’ll cut it in here~ ^^ got a little caught up with watching movies