Chapter 2

Love or Obsession???

Chapter 2

 Myungsoo sipped his vanilla latte while looking at the girl in front of him. Haneul is busy writing what they need to do to help Sunggyu and Eunji prepared their wedding. She is so focused that Myungsoo didn’t have the courage to bother her. She looked so cute when she is concentrating. Haneul looked at Myungsoo and then asked his opinion.

“Myungsoo-shi.. what do you think we need to do first?” Haneul showed him the list she made.

“Hmm.. How about reserved the wedding hall first? I think that’s the most important thing to do.”

“Yes, I think so too.. because we need to booked it first. And it would be difficult if the hall is not available for the date.” Haneul checked the list to make the priorities. 

“Yeah.. after that I think it’s best to find a good catering to provide the foods.” Myungsoo said. 

“Aah and we need to think about the decoration. I can help with that. I have some concept we can use for their wedding and I’ll ask some of my friends to help us decorate the venue.” Myungsoo added. His eyes twinkling when he talk about the decoration. He seemed so excited. Haneul who realize Myungsoo’s sudden mood change looked at him with an awe. Haneul thought that Myungsoo is a weird person. Why? Because his mood can change easily. At first he looked so friendly and amazingly handsome when he smiled. He smiled so brightly when she introduced herself to him but then he became so cold and distance after that. He just said yes or no whenever she asked about something. But now his mood is changed once again. He looked so enthusiastic when he talked about decoration. Haneul knew a bit about Myungsoo from Eunji. Eunji said that Myungsoo is currently working under Sunggyu in the company. But Myungsoo actually didn’t really like his job. He is doing it because he want to help his brother and family. His dream is actually to become a professional photographer and he really like all about designing. Maybe that’s what make him so excited. Perhaps what people said is true. That a man is the most handsome when they do what they like seriously. Because that’s what Haneul thought about Myungsoo at this time. Haneul smile at Myungsoo unconsciously. Myungsoo whose still talked, stop his explanation and looked away and make haneul confused. Myungsoo feel his chest tighten when he saw Haneul’s smile. His heart is pounding fast that he thought he might die because of it. 

“Myungsoo-shi? Why are you stopping? I think you still need to explain something about the decoration to me. Because actually I know nothing about designing. I heard you like to draw and decorating.” Haneul asked.

“Oh yeah. I think since you don’t really know about designing then I’ll think about it myself and asked for your opinion once I got the concept perfectly. So can we move to another thing?” Myungsoo still didn’t looked at Haneul in the eyes. He avoided her gaze by sipping his vanilla latte once more. He need to composed himself. He make a promise to himself that he will never fall in love again. And this girl is not gonna change his mind. That’s why he need to put up his wall and try not to become too close to her. They are just partner and can’t become more than that. This girl make him interested but he need to stop it before it’s too late. Haneul who thought that Myungsoo become weirder just shrug it off and continue their planning. 

“Fine then. So besides all of that we need to find a good wedding dress and suit for your brother and Eunji eonni. And don’t forget about the wedding ring.” 

“You are right. So why don’t we start now? We don’t have all the time in this world.” Without asking her opinion Myungsoo stand up from his seat and walked to the cashier and paid for their coffees. Haneul just sigh and followed him. It will be difficult to prepare this wedding with this kind of man. Haneul just prayed that she can handle her emotion well or else she will explode. She need to put some sense to Myungsoo’s head. He is being a jerk just now for not asking her opinion when they need to start and just decided to end their discussion right away. Eunji always told her how cute and bright Myungsoo is but the one who is with Haneul right now is far from that description. How come someone this cold is cute? Eunji must has a biased opinion about her soon to be Brother-in-law. Damn it. Haneul accepted this offer because she thought that she has a good partner. But turned out everything is different from her imagination and it’s too late to back off. 

***

Myungsoo brought Haneul to their apartment because he need to take his car key. They need to go to the wedding venue so that they can book it. And it would be faster if they use Myungsoo’s car instead of public transportation. Myungsoo punched their passcode and entered the apartment without letting Haneul come in. Haneul who is confused what to do just stood still in front of the door. It would be rude if she entered the apartment while Myungsoo didn’t say that she is allowed. Aissh that jerk. He is not only cold but also rude, Haneul said to herself. 

“Myungsoo-ah, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to meet with Haneul and discuss about what you need to do to prepare my wedding?” Sunggyu who just finished take a bath saw Myungsoo entering their apartment. 

“Oh. I need to take my car key. We will go to reserve the venue and decided to use my car.” Myungsoo answer his brother. 

“Then, where is Haneul? Is she waiting for you at the café?” Sunggyu suddenly had a bad feeling about what his brother could do to treat Haneul. He is not the cute Myungsoo he used to know. The Myungsoo he know now can be rude if he want to. 

“She is not come in? then maybe she is waiting for me in the front door.” Myungsoo answer casually like it’s not a problem.

“WHAT??” Sunggyu scream at him and rushed to the front door. Sunggyu saw Haneul who still standing in front of the door. His brother really become a jerk. Blamed that ed who make his brother like this. Sunggyu should have got rid of her the first time he knows that she is cheating on his brother. But because he didn’t want to make Myungsoo upset he just let it be and everything turned out like this. Sunggyu should just paid some killer to killed Myungsoo’s ex-girlfriend and make it looked like an accident. He is regretting for not doing so. Cruel? Sunggyu didn’t mind to make his hand dirty just to make his Myungsoo not suffered. And his brother is a pain in the right now. He became a rude bastard especially to women. His subordinate in the company complained to him because Myungsoo changed so much. From an easy going person to become a strict person. And he never smile to anyone. Myungsoo used to treat everyone equally and he never looked down on them even though he had a high position. And Sunggyu need to bowed his head and asked for their patient because Myungsoo is having a hard time right now. Sunggyu asked them to understand him and help Sunggyu to make Myungsoo back to his old self. 

“Haneul-ah. I’m sorry, that rude brother of mine didn’t asked you to come in. Come in and you can wait for him inside.” Sunggyu let Haneul in with an apologetic smile. Haneul smiled at him. At least the older Kim is really polite. How come they are brothers. They had a complete opposite manner. Even though Myungsoo is more handsome and attractive than Sunggyu but his personality is nothing compared to Sunggyu. 

“It’s okay Sunggyu oppa.” Haneul assured him that she is alright even though her feeling is not that good. 

“But, are you sure both of you are realated? I mean how can you had a really different personality?” Haneul whispered to Sunggyu. When Sunggyu is about to answer her, they heard someone clearing his throat.

“eheem.. I heard you Haneul-shi.” It’s Myungsoo who come to the living room after he got the key. 

“I never know that you are that rude to talk behind my back.” Myungsoo gave her a sharp look. 

“It’s not Haneul fault Myungsoo. It’s yours. If there is someone who is rude here then it would be you dear brother.” Sunggyu answer him instead of Haneul. Haneul really thankful to Sunggyu because if he is not interfering maybe she would punched Myungsoo in the face right now. Or rather It should be Myungsoo who need to thanked Sunggyu. 

“You know, I never teach you to left a guest in the front door. I always told you to treat them nicely. What happened to you? Are you sure you are Myungsoo?” Sunggyu scold him. Myungsoo need to know that Sunggyu didn’t like his current attitude at all. 

“Sorry.” Myungsoo apologized to Haneul not too sincerely. And Sunggyu just sigh, he didn’t know what to do anymore. 

“If you want to say sorry than do it sincerely.” Sunggyu said frustated by his brother attitude.

“It’s okay Sunggyu oppa. At least he already said sorry.” Haneul finally decided to end this sibling bickering. They need to rushed to book the venue and this matter will just waste their time. It’s enough for her to know that Kim Myungsoo is so not nice person. Myungsoo walked away to the front door and ready to exit the apartment when suddenly Sunggyu shout at him.

“Yaah You. Whoever you are, when you are back here later please return the cute brother I used to have. I missed him so much. And I promise that I will treat him better in the future.” Sunggyu said desperately. Haneul who still inside the apartment looked at him pitifully. There must be something that happened. It looked like that Myungsoo was a good person before like what Eunji told her. The Myungsoo she met just now is not the real Myungsoo. What exactly happened? It must be something terrible because it can make a person change drastically. Haneul will asked Eunji about it. For now, she decided to just follow what Myungsoo want to do. She bowed to Sunggyu and followed Myungsoo come out from the apartment. 

Sunggyu stood still at his spot. It looked like everything is worsen. What happened? He thought that Myungsoo is getting better because yesterday he was fine. He even smiled sincerely. Sunggyu need to find out. Is this something that related to Haneul? Because his personality is become nastier after he meet with Haneul. And Sunggyu need Eunji to help him. He grab his phone and call Eunji.

“Eunji-ah..” Sunggyu called her name after she picked his call. 

“Oh, what is it oppa-yah?” Eunji asked him.

 

*** 

On the way to the wedding venue, Myungsoo and Haneul stayed silent. They refused to talk to each other. And that’s good for Myungsoo. Haneul secretly take a glance at Myungsoo and observed him. She is so curious about what had happened to him. After she get home latter, she would make sure to give Eunji a call. 

After they reach the venue they come to the office and asked is it possible to booked the hall for the wedding. Turned out that the hall is available for the wedding date. And they booked it right away after make sure that the hall is good and big enough because they will invite quite a lot of people. After that they search for a good catering and after choosing what kind of foods they want for the weeding they proceed to a famous boutique. They take a brochure with them and decided to show it to Sunggyu and Eunji. They need to choose the dress by themselves because it’s their wedding dress. It applied to the wedding ring too. The decoration for the venue and invitation will be handled by Myungsoo. So after a long journey all day long they decided to call it a day and back to home. This time Myungsoo is kind enough to asked her where she live so he can drive her home. 

“Thanks Myungsoo-shi.” She get off from the car.

“You are welcome.” Haneul walked to her house but stop in the middle. She turn around and walked back to Myungsoo’s car which still parked in front of her house. Myungsoo who saw her walked back got confused. Did she left something? Haneul opened Myungsoo’s car door and sit at the passenger seat.

“Let’s go grab dinner. I’m hungry.” Haneul abruptly said to Myungsoo. 

“Hah? Are you sure you want to have a dinner with a rude person like me?” Myungsoo asked sarcastically. This girl must have lost her sanity. No one would casually asked him to go to dinner after they were treated that bad. Haneul nodded her head and fasten her seatbelt. Myungsoo then drive his car to a nearby restaurant and then parked his car. 

“Let’s go to a street stall. I want to eat some teokpokki and soju.” Myungsoo got annoyed by her. 

“Why not say it beforehand? I already parked my car.” Myungsoo pout his lips. Haneul chuckled at his expression. He actually can act this cute. Maybe he really is a cute person. He just tried to covered it with his cold demeanor.

“You didn’t asked.” She simply answered. Myungsoo scoffed at her and drive his car once again to a nearby food stall. They entered the stall and take a seat. They ordered pork belly, spicy rice cake, and a bottle of soju. 

“Myungsoo-shi.. is it alright if I call you Myungsoo? We are the same age after all.” Haneul start the conversation. Myungsoo looked at her in disbelief.

“How come you know that we are the same age?”

“Eunji eonni told me about you. You know, she love Sunggyu oppa so much that every time we met she always talked about him. And she also mention you from time to time. That’s why I can recognize you right away at the café this morning.”  

“oh. Just do whatever you like. I don’t care.” Myungsoo answered nonchalantly. They start to eat after they got their foods.

“Myungsoo.. Sunggyu oppa and Eunji eonni told me that you are a kind person. But I don’t think so. After I met with you, your image in my eyes is changed.”

“I don’t care about my image in your eyes.” Myungsoo gulped his soju.

“it could be that you are actually had a bad personality or that you just covered your true personality as a defense mechanism. But seeing how desperate Sunggyu oppa this morning, it looked like it’s more to the latter one.” Myungsoo just stayed silent. He didn’t want to argue with her. He is tired. Why can’t people just let him be. 

“Myungsoo, I know that we just met this morning, but if you have a problem you can tell me about it.” She suggested to him. Myungsoo smirked at her.

“What do you know about me? I don’t need your help. And please mind your own business.”

“Fine, at least talk to your brother. I can see that he is dying because of you. He love you so much Myungsoo-ah.” She his arm gently. Myungsoo’s eyes wavered for a moment but he shield it with coldness immediately. For a moment Haneul can see that Myungsoo is lost and he need help to find his way. And Haneul is determined to help him even though Myungsoo doesn’t want it.

 

 

 

 

A/N Yeeah an update!! A short update though but I'll try to update again tomorrow. Please wait for woohyun appearance in the next chapter.. and thanks for all of you who subscribe this story and drop a comment.. I can't believe it I got bunch of subbies ♥♥♥ 

And do you know that it's already 9th june in korea so Happy 5th anniversary to our INFINITE ^3^

see you in the next chapter.. hopefully I can fulfill my promise to update it tomorrow :D