Chapter 14

Love or Obsession???

Chapter 14

 

 

 

Myungsoo opened his eyes, he looked at his surrounding and realized that he was alone.

“It really was only a dream.” He chuckled at his silliness. There was no way that Haneul would come to his house. She didn’t even know he was there. He rose from his position and tried to walked to the kitchen. His throat felt dry and he need to drink some water. When his step nearing the kitchen, he heard noises coming from the kitchen. His heart beat faster and he slowly approached the noises.

Myungsoo was stunned when he saw her back figure. She was there. Haneul was there. He didn’t dream. It was real. Tears flowed down his cheek involuntarily. He sobs in silence and tried to content his feelings. He brushed off his tears and stared at her for quite some time with a longing stare. He wanted to back hug her, but he was afraid she won’t like it. So, he held it in.

Haneul suddenly turned around because she felt someone was watching her. When she saw Myungsoo leaning his body on the kitchen door, she smiled.

“Why are you here? You should sleep more.” She approached him. Haneul reached his hand and drag him to the chair and sat him down there.

“Wait for a bit, the food will be ready in a moment.” Myungsoo followed Haneul with his gaze, when she settled in front of him, she smiled at him. He smiled back and they eat their breakfast in silence. After finishing their breakfast, Haneul started to tidy up the table but when she wanted to lifted the plates and bowls, myungsoo stop her.

“Let me wash the dishes, you should rest.” She smiled at him and followed him to the sink. Myungsoo who felt he was being followed, turned his back.

“Sit down please, you are pregnant. Don’t overwork yourself.” He tried to convince her to take some rest. Haneul shook her head with a smile on her face.

“Nope, I want to watch you wash the dishes.” Myungsoo furrowed his brows.

“Well it’s boring, you know.” Haneul shook her head once again.

“It may be boring, but your face isn’t boring at all. So, it’s okay.” She . Myungsoo blushed and decided to let her do whatever she wants.

“Promise me you will sit down once you feel tired.” She nodded her head happily and stood on myungsoo’s side. She watched him intently, while Myungsoo was awkwardly washing the dishes. Once it was finished, Myungsoo turned his face towards Haneul and scratch his neck awkwardly.

“Well, I think we need to talk. Please, listen to my explanation. Just once. If, after listening to my explanation you still don’t want me in your life, I’ll accept it. But don’t separate me with our child. I want to take care of our baby and if it’s possible, to take care of you too.” Haneul watched him and slowly nodded her head.

They sat on the living room, Myungsoo choose to sit across Haneul so that he can properly face her when he explained everything. They stayed silent for quite some time, Myungsoo didn’t know how to start his explanation, and Haneul patiently wait for him.

“So….., I, eemmm..  actually have a lot of things to stay to you but now when I finally can tell you about it, I feel lost.” He fidgeted on his seat. Haneul who saw it decided to change her position. She walked towards Myungsoo and sat next to him. Myungsoo faced her, and she took his hand.

“It’s okay, take your time. I’ll wait.” Haneul want to keep her hope. That maybe, even if it’s just a little, Myungsoo actually has feelings for her. Myungsoo held Haneul’s hand gently. He sighed, contented with their connected hands. He looked at her eyes and started his explanation.

“You know about my situation before I met you right?” She nodded, she heard it from Eunji about Myungsoo and his cheating ex-girlfriend.

“Before I met you, I’m a mess. I lost my trust to other people, except Gyu hyung and Eunji Noona. At time, I decided not to fall in love once again. To just live my life without feeling anything. I became a jerk.” Haneul squeeze his hands to give him some strength.

“Yeah, I know. I experienced it myself.” She chuckled. Myungsoo smile, ashamed.

“I know, I’m sorry. But after meeting you, I slowly felt comfortable. And one day, I woke up thinking about you. About what we will do to spend the day. About how beautiful your smile is. About how I miss you so much though we met almost every day. And my wounded heart was healed just like that.” He took a breath and continued his story.

“I moved on with my live and slowly gained back what I lost. My live, my people, my trust towards other. But then at the same time I’m afraid. I’m afraid I’ll lose you some day. I love you, yet you love someone else. It’s a torture but it hurts me more knowing your boyfriend taking your love for granted. It hurts me whenever you tried to hide your sadness whenever he canceled your date. So, I make a plan. To make you realize you don’t need him, you deserve better. I forced you to choose me. To leave him, to get all the love you deserve. I don’t know about anything else, but one thing for sure. I love you more than you know, I love you more than Woohyun. But, now I know. No matter how much I love you, I shouldn’t do something like that. I take advantage of you, of your time of weakness. I should have fight for you fairly. And let you choose who will make you the happiest. I’m sorry, for not considering your feeling at all. For hurting you this bad. You can hate me, you can blame me. But please believe me when I say “I Love You” because that’s how I truly feel. I’m sorry, I love you.” Myungsoo teared up, but Haneul was in a mess. She sobs and held Myungsoo’s hands for dear life. Myungsoo lift her chin and brush her tears away. He was sad, he makes the love of his life a sobbing mess like this. He wanted to hug her, to pat her back gently, to calm her down. But he hesitated. What if Haneul wasn’t comfortable enough with those gestures. So once again, he held himself. he waited patiently until she was calm.

“I’m sorry, I got angry at you without listening to your explanation. But at that time, the thought that you only played with my heart, hurts me so much. Honestly, even now it still hurts Myungsoo. Why didn’t you tell me properly? Why did you do something that make me doubt your feeling?” Haneul looked at Myungsoo with tears still flowing down. Myungsoo bites his lips.

“I’m sorry, I’m wrong. You can punish me and I’ll accept it. I’ll make it up to you. But please, forgive me Haneul-ah. Our baby need us, I won’t be able to live without both of you.” He begged and begged, hoping Haneul will give him a chance. Haneul stayed still and every second, Myungsoo felt that his hope dropping bit by bit. He closed his eyes, tried to make the tears that threaten to fall go away. He sighed and brace his self. He knew he hurt her so much, he knew it’s impossible for Haneul to accept him back after what he did to her.

“Can you at least allow me to stay by your side until your delivery and maybe a bit more after that? I want to help you raising our baby even if for a little while. At least until you can pick yourself up and support your life. And allow me to at least support you financially.” Haneul looked at him and pouted.

“So, in the end you will leave me and our baby?” Myungsoo was flustered and quickly denied it.

“You know that’s not what I mean. I said it because I thought you won’t take me back and won’t like to spend your whole life with me.” Myungsoo said. He is a bit surprised with Haneul reaction. Myungsoo actually noticed how easily Haneul’s mood changed today. She was sweet this morning, then she became emotional and now she is sulking. But well, she is pregnant. He heard from his brother how scary a pregnant woman is. So, he kind of understands.

“You said you will accept any punishment, right?” Myungsoo nodded.

“Then, this is your last chance. I’ll let you take care of us, you must live together with me until the baby is born. But no funny business like unnecessary skin ship or intimate time. No hug, no kiss, no y time. And the most important thing, don’t hurt me. If you hurt me, I’ll leave you.” Haneul said sternly and Myungsoo nodded his head eagerly. This is enough for him, even though it will be hard to hold himself but he was determined to prove his love so no skin ship will actually give him advantage. He will be able to show her that he loves her, and not obsessing over her, or worst only lusting on her.

“I’ll do my best, thank you Haneul-ah.” He teared up and because of his excitement he hugged her. Once he realized what he did, he let go of her. Haneul was pouting again.

“It’s haven’t pass a minute and you already broke your promise.” She stomped her feet off and walked toward the bedroom.

“Damn, you are unbelievable Myungsoo.” Myungsoo cursed at his own stupidity. He wanted to follow her but decided to bring some ammunition. In case she ignored her

He knocked on his bedroom door. No answer. So, he tried to open the door. It wasn’t locked. Haneul was laying down on his bed, back facing him. He slowly approached her. He sat on the edge of the bed and called her softly.

“Haneul-ah, I’m sorry. I was too excited and without realizing it, I hug you. I’m sorry.” She stayed still. Seeing his attempt was futile, Myungsoo decided to use his ammunition.

“I’m sorry, I’ll give you this one big cup of Ice cream if you forgive me.” Haneul’s ears perked up after Myungsoo mention the little sweet treat. She sat down slowly and looked at him. Myungsoo indeed brought one big cup of her favorite ice cream. She gulped and tried not to looked like she was liking it too much.

“Fine, I’ll forgive you. Don’t do that again.” She tried to act stern but her eyes couldn’t lie. Myungsoo chuckled and give her the ice cream and the spoon. She started to devoured it with smile on her face. Myungsoo watched her lovingly. Haneul who felt his gaze, bite her lips. She lifted her ice cream spoon and place it in front of myungsoo’s mouth.

“What?” He asked confused.

“I’m feeding you, stupid.” She blushed. Myungsoo smiled brightly at her.

“Are you sure?”

“Just eat it, before I take it back.” Myungsoo opened his mouth and eat the ice cream.

“Thanks.” They ate their ice cream together with Haneul feeding Myungsoo. Myungsoo could burst in tears now, but it’s not cool so he tried to contain his happy tears. After they finished it, Myungsoo reach out his hand to take the empty ice cream cup, he wanted to throw it away. But Haneul only looked at him.

“What now? I only want to throw the ice cream cup, I swear.” Myungsoo was afraid Haneul misunderstood his gesture.

“You won’t pat me on my head?”

“No, I promise you, right? Myungsoo explained.

“I want you to pat me though. Won’t you pat me after I feed you all those ice cream?” Myungsoo was dumbfounded. She was confusing him. Damn, pregnant woman is indeed scary.

“Well, you said no skin ship allowed.”

“It’s allowed as long as I approve it.” She pouts again, and Myungsoo chuckled. Cute, he thought.

He patted her head and saying his thanks once again. Haneul was smiling happily. To be honest, she missed him. So much. She reached out her hand and hug him. Myungsoo was surprised but seeing she was the one who initiated it, he assumed it’s okay so he hugged her back. They were hugging for a long time until Haneul fall asleep in his embrace with beautiful smile on their face.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hiii there, I'm sorry for taking so long to update this. Hope you enjoy this. Happy reading~