Chapter 9

Love or Obsession???

Chapter 9

 

 Myungsoo stayed still and can’t move from the shock. His brain can’t function properly. Everything moved so fast and he still can’t believe that Haneul just walked in at the worst possible time. Sunggyu hit his head and make him realize what just happened and run as fast as he can to chase Haneul. But he lost her already. She was nowhere to be seen. Myungsoo run back to his apartment. He looked at the thing that Haneul dropped just now. It’s a lunch box, Haneul prepared his favorite food and it’s shattered on the floor now. He planned to clean it up and eat it later. He won’t waste Haneul’s handmade foods. But when he squatted down to pick it up, Eunji stop him.

 “Don’t you think chasing Haneul is more important right now?” She said while putting the food back to its container. Myungsoo looked at his brother and sister. They gave him a concerned looked. Actually both of them really disappointed at Myungsoo but they know that Myungsoo was in a desperate situation. There is nothing he could do to make Haneul his because they know that Haneul is so stubborn. Even with Woohyun betrayal they doubted that she will end her relationship with him and Myungsoo knew this as well. Maybe that’s why Myungsoo choose to be the villain and make Haneul didn’t have any choice except to choose him. 

 “I will take care of the food if that what you are concerning. I know everything about Haneul is precious to you.” Eunji reassured him that she will take care of the mess. Myungsoo gave her a thankful looks and he dazed towards his room and took his car key. He ran to the parking lots and starts his engine right away. He drove to Haneul’s home and prayed all the way there that everything will be alright. That he will be able to explain his intention to Haneul and hopefully she will forgive him.   

***

 Haneul ran away from Myungsoo’s apartment and hail a cab. She cried so hard and the driver gave her a confused looked. 

 “Where do you want to go miss?” He asked her. She tried to stop her tears and think where she wants to go. She can’t go back home now because she knew Myungsoo will eventually find her there and she didn’t want to meet Myungsoo, at least for now. She is so disappointed and never thought that Myungsoo would do something so horrible like this. After meeting Woohyun today, she realized her feelings for Myungsoo. She is indeed in love with Myungsoo, these whole times she is in denial. She didn’t want to admit that her heart is betraying Woohyun. She can’t accept it that she is indeed fall in love with another man and her love for Woohyun is already gone. She is afraid if she admit it then her relationship with Woohyun will worsen and she didn’t want to hurt Woohyun. He is a sweet boyfriend after all. He always tried his best to make her happy but like Woohyun said, deceiving our own heart is tiring and it’s wrong to begin with. That’s why after their conversation this morning, Haneul tried to look at her heart and be honest with her feelings. All those heart fluttering moments, all those smiles that always appeared whenever she thought of Myungsoo, all those tears when she imagine that Myungsoo is mad at her and didn’t want to talk to her anymore, all those comfortable moments whenever Myungsoo is by her side no matter how bad her mood is. All of those things just mean one thing, her heart was stolen by Myungsoo since long ago. But when she finally decided to be honest with herself and confessed her real feelings to Myungsoo, he decided to hurt her that badly. After hearing what Myungsoo just said, she starts to doubt his feelings towards her. Is it really love that Myungsoo feels for her, or is it just an obsession? She didn’t know what she should trust anymore. 

 She decided to meet Woohyun at his hospital, whatever Myungsoo had said there is one thing she should make sure and only Woohyun who can help her. She told the driver to take her to the hospital, he called Woohyun and fortunately he is about to take a break so he can meet with her. 

 Haneul closed her eyes and tears fall down her cheeks once again. She never knew that Myungsoo could give her more heartache than Woohyun could do to her. Even Woohyun absence and betrayal can’t be compared to this heartache she feels right now. Just then she realized how much she loves Myungsoo actually. But no matter how much she loves him, she won’t forgive him for purposely doing this to her. She wipe her tears, didn’t want to make Woohyun worried because of her swollen face. She arrived at the hospital not long after, and she waited Woohyun at the hospital canteen. 

 Woohyun arrived five minutes after she take a seat at one of the vacant table with a smile on his face. But his smile disappeared the moment he can take a clear looks at Haneul’s face. He sat beside her right away and asked what had happened that makes her face looked so horrible like that. Even though Haneul tried to wipe her tears so Woohyun couldn’t see it, her puffy and red eyes can’t be hidden. She cried even more because she felt so sad and can’t hold her tears anymore the moment she saw Woohyun. Woohyun move closer and wrapped his arms around her. After she calmed down, Woohyun released his hug and hold her hand, trying to give her his support. 

 “Myungsoo did it on purpose.” Haneul suddenly said and make Woohyun confused. He gave her a questioning looked and Haneul explain everything to him. How she found out that Myungsoo take advantage of her condition that night and it’s one of his plans to separate her from Woohyun. Even if Haneul didn’t ask him to accompany her drinking, she believed that Myungsoo will ask her to drink with him instead. 

 “Are you sure about this Haneul? You didn’t misunderstanding the situation right?” Woohyun didn’t want Haneul to judge the situation because she might end up regretting her decision. Haneul nodded her head, she heard every single thing Myungsoo said at his apartment just now.

 “So, what do you want to do now? What can I do for you, Haneul-ah?” Haneul already thought about what she would do while on the way to the hospital. So she asked Woohyun to help her.

 “Myungsoo is certain that I will carry his baby, that’s why I need to confirm if I really pregnant or not. I will decide what I will do when the result is out.” She explained to Woohyun, she still didn’t know what to do if she really pregnant. One thing she certainly won’t do, she won’t abort the baby. She will keep the baby no matter what. 

 “It would be difficult to check right now though, you need to wait at least a week or ten days to do pregnancy test because the hormone would increase after eight days or more after the conception.” Woohyun explained to her.

 “But what you can do for now is to maintain your daily intake because it is important for the baby if you really pregnant. And you should drink milk for pregnant woman because you need a lot of folic acid for the baby’s growth or else the baby might born with a con anomaly if the concentration didn’t suffice.” Haneul nodded her head and keep Woohyun’s words noted in her heart. She will go to buy some milk later. 

 “Thank you for your advice Oppa and I will remember to come back here to check next week.” Haneul is contemplating whether she should ask Woohyun an advice for coming back home or not. She didn’t have anywhere to go except her house but she didn’t want to meet Myungsoo there. She knew that Myungsoo is waiting for her there because he sent her a lot of text messages after she left his apartment. She checks the text message and her assumption is right, Myungsoo is waiting for her in front of her house.  

 “What is it Haneul? Is there something else that bothering you?” Woohyun asked with concern on his voice. He really care for Haneul even though it’s no longer the same love he used to have for her, he care for her as an older brother and Haneul is one of his precious person. Haneul sigh and told Wohyun about her worries. 

 “I don’t want to go back home right now, because I know Myungsoo is waiting for me there. And I think we can’t meet yet. I don’t know what I might say to Myungsoo if I meet him now. I’m afraid I will say something that will hurt Myungsoo’s heart. I didn’t want to say anything that I will regret later.” Haneul told Woohyun what she thought and Woohyun nodded, understand what she meant. Haneul is mad with Myungsoo but her loves for him still stay the same that’s why she didn’t want to hurt him with whatever she might tell him now. 

 “You can live with me from the time being until you settled your heart and make a decision what you want to do with your problem.” Woohyun kindly offered her. He would be glad to have her in his house. He can keep his eyes on her and make sure nothing bad happened to her during this vulnerable time. Woohyun knew that Haneul’s situation is not too good now. She didn’t have anywhere to go and the only escape she had, Eunji, is not a choice for now. 

 “What about your girlfriend? She will not like it though.” Haneul really thought that living with Woohyun for now is the best choice she had but she didn’t want to ruin Woohyun relationship with his girlfriend. She can live at the hotel though but she is afraid to live alone for now, because she didn’t know what will happen. If only Eunji hadn’t married yet, she would come to her first. 

 “It’s okay I’ll explain it to her and if it make you uncomfortable, I can invite her to accompany you. The three of us can live together. I’m certain she would glad to meet and take care of you.” Haneul didn’t have any choice so she accepts it. Well it’s actually really good for her because she had two doctors ready to take care of her. She didn’t know why, but she feels that Myungsoo’s prediction will come true and she need to stay alert. And having two doctors beside her during these times is the best thing she could hope for.

***

 Myungsoo waited in front of Haneul’s house since the afternoon but Haneul is not home even now. It’s already midnight and Myungsoo really dead worried about her current condition. He called her numerous times, he even sent her a lot of text messages to ask her where she is right now and is she alright. He practically begged for her to pick his call so he can make sure that she is alright. He knew that Haneul didn’t have anyone else except Eunji in Seoul that’s why he can’t stop himself from worrying about her. He called Eunji and asked her if Haneul called her or not and she said that Eunji herself tried to get a contact with Haneul but to no avail. Suddenly his phone rang and it’s from an unknown number. Usually Myungsoo never picked up a call from unknown number, but he picked this call immediately. 

 “Hello, who’s speaking?” he asked politely. He had a feeling this call is related to Haneul. And to his surprise, it’s Woohyun who greet him back.

 “Hello Myungsoo-shi, I’m Woohyun.” Myungsoo gritted his teeth assuming that Haneul is with him right now. 

 “I want to tell you that Haneul is with me now. You don’t need to worry because I’ll take a good care of her.” Woohyun told him his call intention and proved Myungsoo’s assumption to be true.

 “Can I talk to her?” He tried to maintain his cool even though he knows that he is fuming inside. 

 “I’m sorry, I can’t let you to talk to her for now. She refused to talk or meet with you.” Woohyun explained to him but Myungsoo refused to believe it.

 “Are you sure? I know you are his boyfriend but I need to talk to her as soon as possible.” Myungsoo haven’t know that Woohyun and Haneul relationship is already over that’s why he really mad at Woohyun right now, or should we say that he is dead jealous. 

 “Well she refused to. Please don’t force her to meet or talk to you for now. And she is asleep now so you can’t to talk to her even if she wants to.” Myungsoo’s patient is thinning within a seconds and he snapped at Woohyun.

 “Where do you live? I’ll visit you tomorrow and I’ll talk to her no matter what. And you can’t stop me even though you are her boyfriend. I know you betrayed her, how dare you to show up in front of her.” Woohyun scoffed at him. He can’t believe it, this person is the reason why his precious Haneul is crying so hard but he blamed Woohyun for it.

 “Excuse me Myungsoo-shi, for your information you are the one who hurt her this badly. I already apologize to her and she already forgives me. I know what you have done to her just to make her yours. But please Myungsoo-shi what you have done only make Haneul drift away from you. And we already broke up. Now I’m taking care of her as an older brother and I’m capable of making you can’t meet her anymore.”

 “I thought you are a good man and love Haneul sincerely but you proved me wrong. I told you that she is with me because I know you would be so worried but you misunderstood my intention. I suggest you not to contact her for the time being. She is currently settling her heart and she said to me that she will call you when she felt ready.” Woohyun answered in anger. Myungsoo can’t say a word but realize how stupid he is right now.

 “I’m sorry. I just so worried about her and snapped at you.” Myungsoo politely asked for forgiveness. 

 “But how is she? Is she alright?” 

 “I’ll make sure that she will be alright, you don’t need to worry about her when she is here.”

 “She live with you for now? Just the two of you?” Myungsoo can’t help but feels so jealous towards Woohyun. Woohyun chuckled at Myungsoo’s cute voice when he asked him.

 “No,my girlfriend is also live here. We will take care of her. You just need to give her sometime and she will ready to meet with you. And you should reflect on what you have done to her, no matter how much you loved her. If it hurt her then what you had done is a mistake.” Myungsoo stayed silence hearing Woohyun. He knew it that he had done something so horrible the moment she looked at him with a disappointed expression. He knew it when he saw her tears fall down her cheeks. But nothing he can do for now except waiting for Haneul to open her heart for him and forgive him.

 “Okay. I’ll wait for her to call me first. Please take a good care of her for now. And I’m sorry for what I said earlier.” Myungsoo thanked Woohyun for telling him about Haneul condition. Woohyun hang up after that and Myungsoo decided to drove back to home.

***

 The next morning, Myungsoo woke up with a really bad mood. He didn’t have any energy to do anything at all. He looked at his phone on the night stand and disappointed because Haneul haven’t call him. He takes a shower and starts his morning routine before headed to work. 

 When he arrived at the office, his subordinates greet him politely and he just replied them with a small smile. He walked towards his office and dropped his head on the table. He can’t help but feel so insecure right now. He can’t contact Haneul and he didn’t know where Woohyun live because he refused to tell him his address. He did his work lazily and even got scolded by Sunggyu because he didn’t pay any attention when they are in the meeting. 

 Myungsoo’s condition got worse the following days. He didn’t know how long is it since Haneul ran from his apartment but it felt like years already. He got skinnier because he refused to eat. He can’t eat while he is worried if Haneul is eating properly or not. 

 Haneul condition is not better. She tried her best to look unaffected and offered her smile to Woohyun and Minah but they know better. She often daydreaming and in the middle of the night she would wake up and cry in silence. Truth to be told she missed Myungsoo but her self-esteem prevented her to call him. But unlike Myungsoo who abandoned his meal, Haneul eat properly. She followed the diet Woohyun make for her and drink her milk every day.

 A week had passed since the horrible afternoon at Myungsoo’s apartment. Sunggyu and Eunji would visit Myungsoo once in a while to make sure that he is alright. They forced Myungsoo to eat saying that if his prediction is right, he will become a father and he need a lot of energy to take care of Haneul and their baby. Myungsoo give up for this reason, he start to eat properly and gained strength from the foods even though his heart still missed Haneul. He prayed every day for Haneul to call her but she never did it. He called Woohyun often to asked him if she is alright and Woohyun always said that she is fine even though a bit down. 

 Haneul herself have a good company. Minah is a good friend, now she knows why Woohyun fall for her completely. Strangely enough, she didn’t feel anything even though she saw Woohyun and Minah act so lovey dovey. She just hopes that someday she could be that happy. Minah always make sure if she already eats or not and always make sure that she is busy enough to think about her problem and depressed because of it. They chatted about random thing when Woohyun come in. 

 “What are the both of you talking about?” He interrupted their conversation.

 “Gossiping you of course.” Minah and Woohyun pouted at her. Haneul chuckled at their interaction. Woohyun hugged Minah and she said welcome home to him. Woohyun then reached for Haneul and ruffled her hair asking her how is her day. She said that she had fun today with Minah always keep her company. Woohyun then pulled out something from his pocket and handed it to Hanuel. 

 “It’s a pregnancy test pack. You can check it now and I believe the result will be valid.” Woohyun explained to Haneul because she gave him her confused face when she received the test pack. Haneul nodded nervously. She really wants to know the result but at the same time afraid for what the result could be. Minah hold her hand and encouraged her. She sighed and walked towards the bathroom and uses the test pack like how Minah explained to her. She waited nervously and when she saw the result, she starts to cry. Woohyun and Minah who heard her crying rushed towards the bathroom and knocked on the door.

 “Haneul-ah, are you alright?” Minah asked her. They knocked the door until Haneul opened it and she come out with tears flowing down. She hugged Minah and cried even louder. They helped her to seat on the couch and wait for her to calm down. She handed him the test pack and both of them looked at each other with concerned face. The result is positive like what Myungsoo had predicted. It’s not like they didn’t prepare for the worst but it still saddening. Hanuel hoped that Myungsoo could be wrong but no he is 100% right. 

 “So, what do you want to do now?” Woohyun asked her. He actually believes that meeting Myungsoo and tell him the result is the best choice but he will make it up to Haneul.  

 “I don’t know. I’m contemplating whether to tell Myungsoo and settled our problem or comeback to my hometown without telling Myungsoo.”

 “Haneul-ah, I know this is your life but I think it’s better for you to forgive Myungsoo. With the baby inside you right now, it’s only right if you married to Myungsoo. I know you are mad at him but he is the father of the baby and he has his right to look after both of you.”Minah tried to persuade Haneul. She knows by the time she spent with Haneul that she actually missed Myungsoo so much but she just too stubborn to listen to her heart.

 “Minah is right Haneul-ah. You need to settled this problem and give him another chance. He is regretting his action and I know it because he often call me even visit me just to make sure that you are alright.” Woohyun added but Haneul stayed in silence. 

 “He looked so horrible the last time we met. His eyes bag is so prominent and he got skinnier. He looked like he is in so much pain like how you are.” Haneul listened to Woohyun explanation and told them that she will tell them her decision tomorrow. For now, she needs a good sleep because all of this makes her head hurt. 

***

 Myungsoo can’t contain his feelings anymore. Today he decided to visit the kindergarten where Haneul is working. Today is the start of the new semester and he believed that he can meet Haneul there. But because he had some urgent meeting to attend, he postponed his plan and went after the meeting is over.

 He drove to the kindergarten quickly. When he arrived, the students from Haneul class are heading to home. The class is already over. Myungsoo walked towards Mirae and greet her, the little girl jump in excitement when she saw Myungsoo. Myungsoo hold her and lifted her up. 

 “Mirae-ah how are you?” Myungsoo smiled to her. She smiled back and said that she is fine and she missed Myungsoo so much.

 “Where is Haneul-saem?” Myungsoo asked her curious. He hoped that she is still in the school. Mirae furrowed her eyebrows and make a sad face. 

 “Haneul-saem come this morning, but she said that she is here not to teach us but because she want to say good bye. She won’t teach us anymore.” Mirae told him with a sob. She is so sad because Haneul decided to quit teaching here. Myungsoo couldn’t believe what he heard. But before he could mutter a word his phone rang. He put Mirae down and waved her a good bye because her parent already picks her up. 

 Myungsoo checked his phone and it’s Woohyun who called him. He picked it up immediately. 

 “Oh Hyung, you call at the perfect time. I come to Haneul’s kindergarten but the student told me that she is quiting this morning.”Myungsoo didn’t wait for Woohyun to greet him first. He bombarded Woohyun with his questions.

 “Calm down, Myungsoo. I called you to tell you about it. But I won’t tell you over the phone. Let’s meet at a cafe near my hospital.” Myungsoo agreed to meet Woohyun and drove his car to his destination. When he arrived there, Woohyun already inside and gave him his coffee that he ordered beforehand. Myungsoo muttered his thank you and take a seat in front of Woohyun.

 “So tell me what happened.” Myungsoo demand his answers. Woohyun sigh and then explained to Myungsoo.

 “First of all, you need to calm down and think with a cool head okay.” Myungsoo sense a bad thing had happened but he tried to maintain his feelings.

 “Haneul has made her decision. She found out that she is indeed carrying your baby now.” Myungsoo gasped in joy because he will become a father soon. 

 “When the result said that it’s positive, I persuade her to talk to you and settled your problem. You are the baby’s father after all and I know you would take a good care of her and the baby. But even after me and Minah persuade her, her decision is to leave you and take care of the baby alone. She quit her job today and went to start her new life and telling me not to tell you where she went. I made a promise so I won’t tell you where she is but she gave me this and told me to give it to you.” Woohyun took out a letter from his bag and handed it to Myungsoo. Myungsoo’s expression is unreadable because of the sudden news he heard. He accepts the letter and look at it in long time. Woohyun excuse himself after that because he needs to go back to the hospital.  

 Myungsoo drove home with tears threaten to fall. He managed to park his car at the parking lot and ran towards his unit. He walked to his bedroom and sit on the bed. He opened the letter with a tremble hands. There, he found a neat handwriting he knew belong to Haneul. Myungsoo read the letter with his heart race. 

 To: Kim Myungsoo

 When you read this letter, I already went far away from you. I won’t tell you where am I right now because I don’t want to meet with you. I know you must be so confused right now. Why I decided to leave you even though I’m carrying your baby? You must be thought that you got me when I’m pregnant, but you are wrong Myungsoo. I will take care of this baby alone and I know I can manage even without you. 

 I decided to write this letter just to inform you that you don’t need to worried about the baby and I ask you not to look for me. You won’t be able to find me. Even though you can find me I’ll stay with my decision not to be together with you. So whatever attempt you tried to make me yours is useless. That’s why you should forget about me and move on and I would do the same. You should work hard and help your brother to maintain the company and live your live to the fullest.

 I know you would argue telling me that you love me so much but you know Myungsoo, I thought your feelings toward me isn’t love. It’s just your obsession because I was the one who stayed by your side when your heart is broken. You misunderstood your feelings because if you truly love me, you will never do something that will hurt me. 

 Honestly I really mad at you, that’s why I didn’t call you and refused to meet with you. I purposely go without informing you beforehand because I know I’ll be the one who get hurt if I see your face. Myungsoo I really disappointed with you. I always thought you are my best friend, someone precious to me. At first, I planned to accept your proposal because I know you love me so much and I’ll be happy to live with you. You are the best partner for me and I’ll never get bored if you are around. But after hearing what you had planned to make me yours, I can’t help but felt so heartbroken. I never know you can be this cruel and I know I’ll never be happy if I marry you because you never loved me, like I said you are obsessed to have me. 

 Myungsoo, maybe this is our good bye but maybe it isn’t. I’m not sure myself, but one thing I know, if we are destined to meet again I hope at that time both of us already find our own happiness. I promise you I’ll come to you when my heart is ready and when I have found my own happiness. And I sincerely hope you can forget about me and start fresh. You will find your own happiness Myungsoo, I believe you will.

 So until that time come, good bye for now Myungsoo. You will always be my best friend, no matter what. Take care and send my regards to Sunggyu oppa and Eunji eonni. 

  

       Sincerely, your best friend

               Song Haneul

 

Myungsoo broke into pieces, his heart hurt so much. He can’t breathe properly and his tears falls down and make the letter wet. He clutched his chest, he feels suffocated and he wants to die at the moment. He never knows that the consequences would be this hurtful. He never knows that Haneul will leave him like this. He is the one at fault that’s why he didn’t have the right to mad. He hurts her so much and he put her at the worst condition. Now he forced her to live as a single parent. He will find Haneul even though it cost him his heart. He won’t make her suffered anymore. He will find his happiness like Haneul said and his happiness is Haneul herself. He cried hard thinking about Haneul and his baby, he cried until he tired and Myungsoo passed out with Haneul’s letter held tightly on his chest. 

 

 

To be continue.. 

Hai~~ how is the chapter? Boring? Hmm well at least I can torture Myungsoo in this chapter hihihihi

Bad bad bad bad bad bad Myungsoo.. well he suffered too, I hope you guys can understand him a bit. He has no choice either and now Haneul leave him alone. How sad Myungsoo could be right?

By the way is there someone here who watches The Time we’re not in Love? Gi Sungjae (Myungsoo’s character) is killing me. He played with my heart but sadly he just appeared for 3 episodes T.T but I can say that Myungsoo’s acting is improved a lot and I’m happy the viewer respond is also good ><

By the way, INFINITE NEW ALBUM IS OUT KYAAA >< the teaser is so great but I haven’t watch the MV yet. I watch the teaser like a stupid person, spin around just to watch it hihihi. But it’s so fun and do you know that the teaser reached 1M viewer in 15 hours >< I hope they can win on music show even though their promotion time is so short and the competition is no joke this month. But let’s pray that INFINITE will win because they deserved it. I watch the acoustic preview for this album and I think this album will be my favorite album. So let’s party and work hard at the same time Inspirit!!!

Hehe sorry for my over excitement, I just can’t help my self kekeke. So see you at the next chapter and please leave a comment, I’ll love to read your thought ^^