Chapter 10

Love or Obsession???

 

 Sunggyu visited Myungsoo’s apartment after he finished his work because today Myungsoo didn’t show up at the office. Usually he will tell him beforehand if he can’t come to the office, but today he is absent without notice. Sunggyu entered the apartment, fortunately Myungsoo didn’t change the pass code. When he entered, Sunggyu noticed that Myungsoo is nowhere to be seen. He climbed upstairs and walked to Myungsoo’s room. Sunggyu knocked but there isn’t any response so he just turned the knob and opened the door. Myungsoo is inside, he is laying on the bed with his outfit from yesterday. He is still sleeping even though it’s already afternoon. Sunggyu walked closer to his brother and noticed that Myungsoo hold something so tightly until it crumbled and he is sobbing in his sleep. His tears flowing down even though it’s clear that Myungsoo is really sleeping. Sunggyu looked at his brother worriedly. Something must be happened yesterday and it must be related with Haneul. Sunggyu tried to took the paper that Myungsoo hold but because he hold it so tight, Sunggyu can’t take it. Instead, he wakes Myungsoo up in the process. Myungsoo opened his eyes and looked at his worried brother. He tried to wipe his tears and smiled to Sunggyu. He sat up on the bed and folded the letter and save it to his drawer. 

 “Oh, hyung.. why did you here?” Myungsoo asked his brother. Sunggyu stayed still for a moment, observing his brother. 

 “I come because you didn’t show up at work and didn’t tell me anything about it. Are you sick? Did something happen? You are still wearing your yesterday outfit.” Sunggyu bombarded Myungsoo with his curiosity. Myungsoo chuckled at his brother. 

 “What time is it? I’m sorry Gyu hyung, it looks like I’m overslept.” Myungsoo grinned sheepishly at his older brother. He is pretending to be okay.

 “Yah what happen? You even cried in your sleep.” Sunggyu followed Myungsoo who walked out from the room. He went to the kitchen and poured some cold water to his cup. He drank it and then sat on the chair at the dining room. Sunggyu still follow him and took a sit beside him. Myungsoo tried to calm himself down. He is going to be a father soon, so he can’t weak. Sunggyu let Myungsoo to take his time and wait patiently. 

 Myungsoo told Sunggyu everything and strangely he is not breaking to tears. He told him with a calm voice and assured Sunggyu that he is fine. He will find Haneul and fixed his mistake. He is going to be a father, so he should be strong. Sunggyu still looks so worried but then tried to trust Myungsoo that he is really alright. Sunggyu knows that Myungsoo’s current state is worst compared to his last heartbreak but Sunggyu also knows that Myungsoo’s love for Haneul is bigger and it give him the power not to break down. Sunggyu knows last night must be a great torture for Myungsoo but he managed to overcome it. 

 “What can I do to help you to find Haneul, Soo-ah?” Sunggyu offered his help. With Sunggyu power they can paid someone to look for Haneul but Myungsoo decided to look for her himself. If they destined to be together then it should be him who find her. 

 “It’s okay hyung. I can handle it just fine. If there is something you can do to me then please excuse me for some days because I want to look for Haneul. I promised you I’ll finish all the important and urgent matter in these three days. I’ll finish the other matter before the deadline but I can’t come to the office for the time being. If you need my help you can always contact me though. And I need to meet Eunji noona.” Myungsoo planned to look for Haneul as soon as possible but he can’t neglect his work. He will absent for a while and do his work through e-mail. He planned to do it without attending to the office, instead he will mail all his work to his secretary. He will only back to the office if there is a really important meeting that needs his presence. He planned to do so until he can find Haneul. He won’t give up before he meets Haneul and explain everything to her. And that’s why he want to meet Eunji as soon as possible. 

 Sunggyu agreed to Myungsoo’s request and patted his head. 

 “Myungsoo, I’m so proud of you. I thought you would be so depressed like last time but you are stronger now. But you should know that I’m also disappointed at you for doing such a horrible thing to Haneul.” Sunggyu said firmly. He needs to teach Myungsoo what is right and what is wrong. Myungsoo nodded his head and smiled to Sunggyu.

 “Even I’m disappointed in myself, Gyu hyung.” Myungsoo confessed to Sunggyu with a bitter smile.

 “Okay let’s forget about it. You want to meet your sister right? Then you better take a shower now and follow me come back home.” Sunggyu patted Myungsoo’s shoulder and he obeyed his older brother order. He walked upstairs and prepared himself to visit his sister-in-law.

***

 Haneul got off from the plane and walked through the crowded airport. She walked with a lot of emotion stirred in her head, did she choose the right decision? She didn’t know but well she had chosen and she will live for her baby. She hauled a cab and the driver helped her with the luggage. She told him the address and her new life begins. 

 She didn’t know how long it is, the last time she stands here, in front of her old house. This is the house that her parents leave for her. After they passed away she preferred to live at the orphanage that Eunji’s parents own. Because she couldn’t stand the loneliness and Eunji’s parents are her parent’s good friends. They had known each other for so long. But right now she didn’t have a choice and she thought it will be good to live with her baby at the house she grown up. The house has a wide garden at the front. She liked to play there when she was little. She opened the door and come inside. The house still looked the same. Every week there is someone who will come and cleaned the house. She paid them so the house will not get abandon. She didn’t want to lose the only thing that can remind her about her happiness when her parents was still around. 

 She brought her luggage inside her old bedroom. The bedroom still looked the same even though the furniture is already old and need to be change. She walked around the house after that. She walked to the kitchen, she used to play there whenever her mom cooked, help her with anything she could do. Tears started to well up her eyes. She walked to the living room, she sat at the couch there. She used to spend her night there with her parents. Sometimes they watched a movie together,or sometimes they just sat there and snuggled together and tease each other. She remember the giggling voice they would emitted every time. That was the happiest moment she has so far.

 Haneul sigh, she leaned her back on the sofa and couldn’t help but think, if her parents still around will her life be this horrible? Pregnant even before she gets married. If her parents still around will he meet with Woohyun or Myungsoo? Will she falling in love with Myungsoo? Will she be this heartbroken? Will she become happier?

***

 Eunji gave Myungsoo the hot chocolate she made and Myungsoo take it gladly. He sipped it and nodded in appreciation while Eunji tried to observe Myungsoo’s current condition. Eunji can tell that Myungsoo tried to look okay but his eyes told her everything. If there is a part of Myungsoo which couldn’t lie, it is his eyes. His eyes looked so sad and full of guilt at the same time. If Haneul can see Myungsoo right now, Eunji can guarantee that Haneul will forgive Myungsoo right away. He practically looked like a lost kitten. But he tried his best to smile, to laugh at Sunggyu’s jokes.

 “Myungsoo, what do you want to know?” Eunji asked directly. It’s the only way for her to ease his pain. The sooner Myungsoo get what he needs the better it would be. Myungsoo looked at Eunji and slightly grateful how his sister-in-law really understand his situation. He gave her his sincere smile and told her what he needs right now.

 “Noona, Haneul write a letter to me. She said she will raise our baby alone and told me not to look for her. She said she will go far away from me and find her own happiness. First, I want to ask both of you and Sunggyu hyung’s opinion. If I decided to look for her, to fix my mistake, to take care of Haneul and my baby, did I make a selfish decision? Will Haneul get more hurt because of it? Or did I make a good decision?” Myungsoo told them his dilemma. He really wants to looked for Haneul and raise their children together. Even live together until both of them old and died. But would it hurt Haneul more because she claimed that her happiness isn’t with Myungsoo. But the thing is Myungsoo know really well that his happiness is with Haneul and his baby. That’s why he asked Sunggyu and Eunji’s opinions because he didn’t want to make a wrong decision once again.

 Eunji looked at Sunggyu and give a signal for Sunggyu to speak for them. Myungsoo saw this and really admire how close their hearts is until they can talk just by looking at each other. 

 “Well if you asked if you are being selfish or not, I would say that of course you are being selfish. Haneul told you already and clearly that she want to live without you, to find her own happiness without you. But don’t you think that Haneul is selfish too? She is carrying your baby right now but she decided to leave without meeting you and just give you a letter not even give you a chance to explain yourself. And you have your right to look after your baby too. Not only that, the baby also has his/her right to meet with you. You are his/her father after all. So I think it’s alright to be selfish in this matter. Haneul should hear what you need to say to her and both of you should discussed it together, not just by a piece of paper. It wouldn’t enough to explain the situation.” 

 “And if you asked me if it would hurt Haneul more or not, I would say that you wouldn’t know until you try. Just remember this Myungsoo, as long as you love her and do whatever your heart told you to do then everything will be alright. We would never know what lies in front of us if we didn’t take a step closer right? And I believe as long as you did everything with good intensions and because of your love for her, I believe Haneul will understand it someday. Maybe not today but someday she will.”

 “That’s why Myungsoo, just do whatever you feel right to do to make Haneul open her heart once again for you. You are the one who should stay strong, be patient, and don’t lose hope because once you lose it, that’s when everything end for both of you.” Sunggyu added and give a knowing looked to his brother. He knows it wouldn’t be an easy journey for both Myungsoo and Haneul but he believe that they will end up together as long as one of them hold the other tightly. And he knows that the Little Angle inside Haneul’s belly will make the magic for his/her parents. 

 Myungsoo is tearing up and just praying in his heart that what his brother said will come true. He hugged Sunggyu and cried. It’s really torn his heart apart every time he remembers about Haneul and their baby. He stayed in Sunggyu’s arms for some time until he felt better and ready to continue. 

 “I’ll take this as both of you give me permission and support me to looked for them. So, this is the second question then. Eunji Noona, do you happen to know where Haneul is right now? Like where she lived before she moved to Seoul? Maybe she is at Busan? Both of you are from Busan right?” After got what he needs to hear about their opinions, now what Myungsoo needs are possible places Haneul would go. 

 “She could be at Busan right now. But she could be at Jeju Island too.” Eunji gave him the places she knew Haneul would likely to go in this situation.

 “The thing is, Haneul home town isn’t at Busan. Her parents were Busan people but they move to Jeju because of their work. Haneul was born and grown up at Jeju so practically her home town is Jeju. She moved to Busan to live at the orphanage my family has, after her parents passed away. Our parents are good friends. If she really went to Busan then I would receive the news by now. At least my parents or relatives will tell me about it, unless Haneul asked them not to do it. But I’ll try to ask my parents just in case. When will you go to find her?” Eunji asked Myungsoo about his plan. Myungsoo told her that he will go after he finished the important work at the company, maybe three days from now. 

 “Then it’s enough time for me to ask the people I know to find out if Haneul is in Busan or not. If she is not there than you should go to Jeju first. She ever tells me that their old house still there and she pay someone to look after it. So maybe she went back to her old house that her parents left for her.” Myungsoo nodded his head and agreed with Eunji.

 “Okay, then can you give me Haneul’s address in Jeju?” Myungsoo needs to know where Haneul’s home at Jeju. Eunji gave him a sad look.

 “I’m sorry Myungsoo, I don’t know the exact address for her house. I just know the city where she lived. I think it depends on you from this point on.” Eunji gave him an apologetic look but Myungsoo just brushed it off and offer his sincere smile instead.

 “It’s alright Noona, you help me a lot already.”

 “Fighting, our Myungsoo!” Sunggyu gave him encouraging words. Myungsoo laugh at that.

 “Alright then, I think it’s enough for now but I can always contact you if I need some help right, guys?” Sunggyu and Eunji nodded their head. 

 “Of course you can, feel free to ask us anytime.” Sunggyu answered.

 “Then, I should excuse myself because I need to prepare a lot of things.” 

 “Okay, but don’t force yourself too much. Don’t forget to eat properly, you can’t do anything with an empty stomach right?” Sunggyu warned him to take care of his health and take a break if he feels tired. They didn’t want to hear that Myungsoo is sick because of this matter.

 Myungsoo hugged both of them before bid his good bye and drive home to prepare everything. Sunggyu and Eunji watched Myungsoo’s car until they can’t see it again when it make a turn at the corner. They prayed for the best for both Myungsoo and Haneul and of course for their baby too. They entered their house and prepared to get on the bed. It’s a long day today but they believe it feels longer for Myungsoo and maybe for Haneul too.

***

 Myungsoo tried his best to finish his work as soon as possible. He went to the office early in the morning the next day he visited his brother and sister and work until late. He did it for three days and today is the last day before he starts his journey to look for the love of his live. He just needs to finished this last report he currently work on and his important assignment is finish. The other work can be done during his absent from work. 

 He already packed his things and reserved the plane ticket. Eunji told him that from the people she knows Haneul is not at Busan right now. They already ask people that Haneul likely would visit and asked them to search for her but they couldn’t find her there. So Myungsoo decided to look for her at Jeju first. 

 After save the file on his computer he copied the file to another hard disk for a backup file and writes a memo for her secretary about what she needs to do while he is away. After tidying up his desk, Myungsoo went home.

 Myungsoo tried to sleep earlier because he needs to wake up early for his flight. But his anxiousness prevented him to do so. Haneul face filled his head. Her happy smiles, her pouts, her laughs, her sad face, her disappointed expression, her hurtful expression. He just hopes once they meet again he will only see her smile and laugh, he really hope so. To ease his heart, he went through his phone gallery and opened one file that filled with Haneul’s candid photos. He smiles at that and it work well to calm his nerve. He went to a deep sleep after that and thanks to that he didn’t miss his flight.

 Sunggyu and Eunji drove him to the airport and bid their good bye for him the next day. They told him to take care of himself and asked him not to forget to give them a call. He nodded and gave them a tight hug before walked to the departure gate. 

 This is it, the start from his journey. Whatever happened and how harsh his journey will be, he believes he can make it and he will eventually hold the love of his live, his Haneul and their Little Angle. 

 

To be continue…

 

A/N Heey, I’m really sorry for not updating for a while. There is something that requires my full attention these past few days and I didn’t have a time to write this downㅜ.ㅜ And I’m too busy admiring INFINITE latest comeback!! ㅇㅅㅇTheir comeback this time is so awesome, they always give better and better comeback every time. And I like “Standing face to face” so much. It’s so sad and torn my heart apart every time I heard it and INFINITE vocals is so amazing, they are so harmonize with their own character and unique voices. Myungsoo’s part at “Bad” is fit with his voice colour so much and his scream at “Standing face to face” surprised me so much. I didn’t Myungsoo can do it that well ><

Okay enough with the rant haha, please enjoy this chapter and I’ll try to update regularly again. Feel free to give a comment, I like it when you shared your thought about my story, it give me more motivation to continue this story ^^ Thank You for liking my story :D