Chapter 6

Love or Obsession???

Chapter 6

 

 Myungsoo helped Sunggyu to move some of his belonging to his car. Sunggyu will move from their apartment and live at the house he had prepared for him and Eunji when they are married. Myungsoo just do whatever Sunggyu told him to do and didn’t give much attention. His thought is drifted to another place and it didn’t go unnoticed by Sunggyu and Eunji. Eunji nudged Sunggyu when she saw Myungsoo heaved a sigh for the umpteenth time today. Sunggyu looked at Eunji and pouted his lips. He didn’t like it when his younger brother looks so depressed like this. They know that Myungsoo’s bad mood is related to Haneul’s plan to marry Woohyun. After finished moving all his belonging to his car, Sunggyu give Myungsoo a warm hug and patted his back.

 “Don’t miss me too much, okay?” he tried to lifted up Myungsoo’s mood. Myungsoo scoffed at his brother and pulled away from his hug.

 “You wish, brother.” Myungsoo playfully answered back. He had learned his lesson not to burden people around him just because he had a problem. He will solve his problem without worrying other people and make sure that everything will be alright. 

 “You can always visit us whenever you are lonely. And Myungsoo, remember that you can always tell us about anything that bothered your mind.” Sunggyu added with a smile on his face. He is glad that Myungsoo take this problem better than the previous one. And they know that Myungsoo can handle it well this time. Eunji ruffled Myungsoo’s black hair and pinched his cheeks after that.

 “Myungsoo-ah, I know you are fighting with Haneul yesterday but can I ask a favor from you?” Eunji asked him with pleading look. Actually Myungsoo didn’t want to discuss anything about Haneul today because it will make his mood nastier. But he listened to his sister eventually.

 “What is it Noona?” 

 “Take a good care of her. I’m a married woman now and I can’t spend much time with her. I can’t give a lot of attention to her because I will be busy with my husband and my baby inside my belly.”Eunji explained to him. She knows that Haneul will have a hard time before her marriage and she can’t help a lot because of her condition. It will be good to have Myungsoo helped her to keep an eye on Haneul. And actually she didn’t believe Woohyun will change in short time. Eunji knows that Woohyun haven’t realized the most important thing to keep his relationship with Haneul. 

 “Well she has his beloved boyfriend to take care of her.” Myungsoo answered bitterly. He didn’t know what to do anymore. He knows that Haneul won’t be happy if Woohyun keep neglecting her but she is so stubborn to listen to him or even Eunji. And somehow Myungsoo want Haneul to taste her own medicine for not listening to him but he didn’t have a heart to see her crying. Blame him for loving her too much. 

 “Myungsoo-ah.. you like Haneul right?” Eunji suddenly asked him and he blushed. He tried to control his expression but failed miserably. Myungsoo finally gave up and nodded his head in defeat. Sunggyu and Eunji chuckled at his cuteness. Aah our Myungsoo is back. 

 “Why don’t you confess your feeling to her? You never know what will happen. Maybe she will change her mind and marry you instead.” Eunji gave him an advice. But Myungsoo just gave her a look that says “Haha funny, Noona. But no thanks” Myungsoo afraid that if he confesses his feeling and Haneul didn’t feel the same their relationship will be more distance. And that’s the last thing he wants to happen. But he can’t pretend like he didn’t care either. If marry Woohyun is the best thing for her then he will tried to happy for her too. But if marry Woohyun will only make her sadder then he will take her from Woohyun anytime. And the problem now, he didn’t sure which one gonna be happen. 

 “I promise you that I will keep an eye on her but I don’t know about confessing. I’ll observe it first, if confessing my feeling is the best choice, I’ll make sure that’s what gonna happen.” Myungsoo gave her sister his assurance. Eunji knows that Myungsoo will do the best and that’s what matter the most. After said their goodbye, Sunggyu and Eunji enter their car and drove off to their new house, leaving Myungsoo behind. Myungsoo sighed once again and smile to himself. He prayed for his brother happiness and he also hope that he will soon find his own happiness. 

***

 Haneul is so happy because Woohyun called her just now. He wants to take her for lunch together. She hopes that this time he won’t leave her alone. After waiting for quite some time, Woohyun finally arrived with smile on his face. He hugged her and kisses her cheeks then takes his seat in front of her. Haneul smile so brightly and they change small talk before order the foods. While waiting for the foods to be served Woohyun hold Haneul’s hand and asked her a question.

 “Haneul-ah, do you want to meet my parent?” Haneul gasped after she heard Woohyun question. Haneul have met them before but she thought that Woohyun’s mother didn’t really like her. That’s why she never visits them again. But because they’re gonna married they need to meet them and asked their blessing. Actually Haneul want to visit them frequently but because Woohyun is so busy they had no time to do so. And Woohyun prohibited her to visit them alone. That’s why after Woohyun asked her to meet his parent, Haneul can’t help but to feel nervous.

 “Yes. I’d like to do that. We can’t get married if they didn’t give us their blessing.” Haneul said. She hopes that Woohyun’s mother will accept her as her daughter-in-law. Woohyun nodded. He also hopes that his mother will at least act civil towards Haneul. He knows the reason why his mother didn’t really like Haneul. It’s because his mother want a doctor as her daughter-in-law while Haneul is just a kindergarten teacher. That’s why Woohyun never gave Haneul permission if she wants to visit them alone. His mother can be so annoying some time and he afraid that Haneul will sad. But they need to face it eventually because like Haneul said they can’t get married if his mother can’t accept Haneul.

 “Okay. Make some time tomorrow for me. We will visit them in the afternoon.” Haneul nodded her head. Their foods come not long after that and they continue their conversation while eating. Haneul asked Woohyun what his parent like and what she need to bring for them. Both of them prayed for the best for tomorrow occasion. 

 After spend some time together, Woohyun need to go back to hospital but he drove Haneul home first. He still has some time to do so. After they arrived, Haneul get out from his car and wave her goodbye. Haneul wait until Woohyun’s car disappeared at the corner and walked to her house. She changed her clothes and then let herself fall on top of her bad. She is nervous and she also bothered about something. The other day, Myungsoo left her without saying anything after their heated conversation. Myungsoo didn’t call her either. It’s already a week after Sunggyu and Eunji’s wedding. She thought that Myungsoo’s anger will eventually subside and he will call her soon but turn out that he really mad at her. Haneul didn’t know what to do. She didn’t have the courage to call him first. She is afraid he won’t pick up her call and she will feel so sad if that really happen. But she also didn’t want to lose such a precious friend like Myungsoo. She wants him to give his blessing for her and be happy for her, that’s why she felt so disappointed when Myungsoo doubted her decision. It’s her happiness and she knows what she wants to make her happy. But after contemplating she decided to call him first. She picked her phone and dialed his number. She waited with a heavy heart. What if Myungsoo still mad at her and didn’t want to speak to her? And her biggest fear came true. He didn’t answer her call. She didn’t know why but she really want to cry right know. She never feels this sad before even when Woohyun didn’t pick her call. She always can maintain her feeling well, but why she can’t do it right now? And without her knowing it, her tears fall down and she cried without a sound. Maybe it’s because she considered Myungsoo as her first best friend. Someone who she always can act like herself and not worrying about what he will think about her. Because even though Woohyun left her alone in the restaurant she can always back to Myungsoo and find some comfort from him. He will scold her saying that she is stupid for loving someone like Woohyun but he will always be there, staying with her until she is calm and always tried his best to make her smile with his lame joke. She would always smile and forget her problem if he was there. Myungsoo is her heart shelter, a shoulder for her to cry on, and a chest for her to cry on. And she never realized how precious Myungsoo for her until today. 

 Suddenly her phone rang and she takes a look at who call her. She didn’t want to talk to anyone except Myungsoo right now. Her eyes widened when she saw that it’s Myungsoo who call her. She picked it up right after she recovers from the shock. 

 “Haneul? Sorry, I’m at the bathroom just now.” Myungsoo told her why he didn’t pick up her call just now. Haneul who feel so relieved cry even more when she heard his voice. Myungsoo on the other hand went panick because he didn’t expect Haneul would cry.

 “Yah yah yah.. What happened? Did that jerk leave you alone again? Tell me and I’ll make sure he can’t walk for weeks because I’ll break his legs.” Myungsoo said in anger. He didn’t like it when Haneul cried. But Haneul didn’t answer him. She cried even louder and Myungsoo let her cry and stayed silence. After she calmed down, she answered him with a sob.

 “it’s not like that stupid. I cried because I thought you still mad at me. You didn’t answer my call just now.” She wiped her tears and laughed after that. How stupid she is. She should know better that Myungsoo would never leave her no matter what, because Myungsoo is her best friend after all. Myungsoo surprised at her remark. She cried because she thought he still mad at her? Didn’t it mean that Haneul doesn’t want Myungsoo to mad at her? And it means that Myungsoo is precious for her. Myungsoo smiled wide when he realized it. This girl actually like him but denies her feeling. Myungsoo knows it well because even when Woohyun didn’t pick up her call she would just throw a tantrum but never cried because of it. And by how she cried just now he knows how sad she is.

 “eeeyy, don’t tell me you already cried even before I call you?” He . Her answer will determine what Myungsoo will do about this matter. Giving her his blessing and tried to be happy for her or take her away from Woohyun even though he needs to do an unspeakable thing. Haneul contemplating whether to tell the truth or not, but she decided to tell Myungsoo the truth. Haneul wants Myungsoo to know that he is so precious for her. 

 “hmm.. I cried even before you call me back.” She said with a blush on her cheeks but Unfortunately Myungsoo couldn’t see it. But her answer is enough for him to know what he needs to do. After satisfied teasing Haneul, Myungsoo asked her why Haneul called him. 

 “I just want to apologize to you, that’s all.” Haneul answered sheepishly. After that they had a light conversation. Actually Haneul want to tell him that Woohyun asked her to meet his parent but she didn’t said it. She tried her best not to mention “Woohyun” or else Myungsoo’s mood will change. And she didn’t want to ruin their relationship anymore. After make sure that they are good now, they ended their conversation and said good night to each other. Both of them fall asleep with smile on their faces. 

***

 Haneul wake up early today, she prepared everything for her visit. She wears her best dress and tried to look as good as possible. She is so nervous but after her conversation with Myungsoo last night she felt a lot better. With a really good mood, she waits patiently for Woohyun to picked her up. Woohyun showed up an hour later. He smiled at her and offered his arm for her. She linked her arm with his and they got to the car, after that they drove off. 

 Woohyun parked his car at the front of his parent house and help Haneul to get out. He helps her carry her gift for his parent. Woohyun ring the bell and not long after, his mother opened the door. Woohyun and Haneul gave their best smile. Mrs. Nam smiled widely when she saw her son but soon her smile vanished when she realize whose come with him. She cleared and tried to ignore Haneul existence. Haneul face fell because of that but she tried to maintain her expression and greeted her happily.

 “Ommonim, do you remember me?” Mrs. Nam just gave her a simple nod and Haneul tried to smile at her. At least Mrs. Nam remembers her. 

 “I brought your favorite cake for you and abbonim.” She handed her gift to her soon to be mother in law. She accepts it and muttered her thanks. They sat together at the living room together with Mr. Nam. Unlike his wife, Mr. Nam is really happy to see Haneul again. He asked her why she never visited them. Their conversation went smoothly with Mrs. Nam tried her best not to barked at Haneul. She didn’t know what her son like about this girl. Sure she is beautiful and kind but she is just a mere kindergarten teacher. She wants Woohyun to married a doctor too. How honored she would be if she had a daughter in law with a quite great status. And she didn’t like the fact that Haneul is an orphan, because it means that she grown up without an education from her parent. And she can’t allow her to enter her family. That’s why when Woohyun finally told them that he wants to marry Haneul, Mrs. Nam opposed strongly. Haneul is really sad because Woohyun’s mother didn’t like her to be her son wife. And it broke her heart. She tried hard not to cry in front of them. But then her tears were stop because what Mrs. Nam asked Woohyun.

 “Woohyun-ah, I don’t understand you. I thought you are dating Minah. She is beautiful and kind, she also a doctor and works at the same hospital with you. You even brought her here several time. I thought you already broke up with Haneul.” Haneul was speechless when she heard what Mrs. Nam said. Woohyun went pale and he couldn’t say anything. Who is Minah? Is she the real reason why Woohyun never had time for Haneul? And he brought her here several time while he prohibited Haneul to visit his parent? What the hell happened here? Haneul couldn’t think anymore and she couldn’t hold her tears. She excused herself and ran from Woohyun’s house. She hauled a cab that passed on the street and entered it. She saw Woohyun ran after her but she told the driver to drive off quickly. Woohyun ran back to his house and entered his car but it’s too late because he lost his sight from the cab Haneul was in. He punched his steering wheel and cursed himself. 

***

 Haneul went to Eunji’s house because their house is not far from the Nam residence. She paid the cab and rang the bell. Eunji opened it soon after. 

 “Haneul-ah, what happened to you?” Eunji asked, shock to see her beloved friend looks so miserable. But even before Haneul could tell her anything, Eunji know that it must be related to Woohyun. She helps Haneul to come in and sat at the couch. Sunggyu who just finished washing up surprised to see Haneul at his house with such condition. He gave his wife a questioning looks and Eunji just shake her head. Sunggyu went to the kitchen and make a hot chocolate for Haneul. When he returned to the living room, Haneul is already cried so loud at Eunji’s chest. He sat quietly across them and both Eunji and Sunggyu just let her cry as long as she needs it. After she calm down, Eunji asked her what’s the matter.

 “I went to visit Woohyun’s parent just now, you know that his mother never like me right, eonni?” Haneul told them the story with difficulties. But she needs to tell someone or else she will go crazy. After Haneul finished her story, Eunji is already in rage. She knows that there is something off from Woohyun behavior these past few months. She had a feeling that it’s not only his schedule that prevents him from meeting Haneul. And she knows when she met Haneul and Woohyun together at her wedding, her suspicion is right. But she can’t tell Haneul because she didn’t have a solid prove. The only prove she had is the way Woohyun looked at Haneul is changed. Not full of love and care like it used to be. Eunji was sure that Haneul actually feel it inside but tried to ignore it. 

 “That-..” Eunji wants to cursed at Woohyun but Sunggyu cut her sentence before she can finished it.

 “Jiji-ah, don’t curse. Our baby might hear it.” Sunggyu gave her a warning looks. Eunji is pouting but she knows that her husband is right. She caressed her belly to calm herself. They let Haneul to stay for a while and calm herself. They actually want to make Haneul spend the night but Haneul didn’t want to bother them more than she already had. But Eunji didn’t allow her to take a cab because it’s getting late. Sunggyu offered to take her home but Haneul decline. He needs to accompany Eunji. So after debating what to do, Eunji and Sunggyu agreed to call Myungsoo. Haneul can’t decline either because that’s the best option she has right now. While waiting for Myungsoo, she fell asleep at the couch. Eunji caressed her hair and looked at her with sadness. Sunggyu told her to take a rest and he will stay to open the door for Myungsoo but Eunji shake her head. She stands up and sat beside Sunggyu. She leaned her head at his shoulder and Sunggyu patted her head.

 “Don’t stress yourself to much. You know, I had a feeling that Myungsoo can solve this problem. Let’s believe at him, okay?” Sunggyu tried to ease his wife feeling. Eunji nodded her head and hug Sunggyu tightly.

***

 After Myungsoo arrived, they told him what’s happened. Myungsoo was fumed but tried his best to maintain his emotion. He carried Haneul bridal style and laid her at the passenger seat. He bid his goodbye to his brother and sister and drove his car to his apartment. There is no way Myungsoo would let Haneul spend the night alone in her house. Myungsoo hold Haneul’s hand all the way to the apartment. He never wants to let it go. Not now, when he knows that Woohyun make his beloved one so heartbroken like this. On the way, Haneul wake up and realize she is in Myungsoo’s car right now. She looked at her hand and surprised to see Myungsoo’s hand hold her hand gently. But strangely enough she doesn’t want to let go either. She just let it be. Myungsoo who finally realized that Haneul is awake, caressed her hand to assure her that everything will be alright. 

 “Myungsoo, lets drink some soju.” Haneul said suddenly, and Myungsoo parked his car at the convenience store that opened 24 hours. Maybe some alcohol will calm her down. He bought some soju and continued the journey back to home. When they arrived, Haneul borrows Myungsoo shirt and because Myungsoo’s pants is all bigger, she only wore Myungsoo’s shirt that reached her middle tight. Myungsoo blushed at the sight, even his ex-girlfriend never wore his shirt before. And Haneul looks so y like that but he know he shouldn’t think like that.   

 They sat at the living room. They choose to sit at the floor and start drinking the soju. Haneul is so heartbroken that she gulped one bottle of soju in a blink of an eye. Myungsoo also gulped his soju, but slower than Haneul. He knows with this condition, he might be able to take Haneul away from Woohyun. Myungsoo knows Haneul the best, right now she might cried so hard and tell him that she hate Woohyun, but tomorrow when Woohyun come and tried to explained himself, she will forgive him and gave Woohyun another chance. And Myungsoo will never let that to happen. And what he needs to do now is make sure that Haneul and himself is drunk enough to do some crazy thing that will lead them to the cloud nine. He didn’t mind to committed a sin if that means he can make Haneul his. He will forced her to marry him instead.

 

A/N Hey I’m back!! Sorry for the late update hehe. I’d like to thanks all subscribers who subscribe this story. I can’t believe it I got more than fifty subscribers >< It’s beyond my expectation kyaaa. And I’ll try my best not to disappoint you guys. And please leave a comment, your comment is my source of energy to continue this story. See you at the next chapter.

PS: the next chapter is the one, so for you who don’t like to read the you can skip it and you can still understand what happened in this story.

I decided to delete the chapter that's why the next chapter is chapter 8...