Chapter 3

Love or Obsession???

 

 Myungsoo wake up the next morning and start his morning routine before he goes to work. After finished taking a bath and wear his work attire, he come down to the dining room and ready to cook something for breakfast. But to his surprise Sunggyu is already waiting for him. Sunggyu already prepared the foods so Myungsoo doesn’t need to cooked. And that’s a rare thing to happen because Sunggyu really hate to wake up early and to prepared the breakfast. It’s always Myungsoo’s duty to give his brother his meal in the morning. 

 “You are early Gyu-Hyung.” Myungsoo sit in front of him and ready to eat his food but Sunggyu stop him.

 “Kim Myungsoo before you can eat, we need to talk first.” Said Sunggyu firmly. This must be a serious matter because Sunggyu never act this serious to Myungsoo. 

 “What is it Gyu-Hyung?” Myungsoo who can guess what his brother want to talk to him lowered his spoon and listen to his brother carefully. 

 “What your agenda today?” 

 “Well I need to go to work like always and then after that I have to meet with Haneul to prepare your wedding.” Myungsoo replied. 

 “Good. Then, can I ask you a favor?” Sunggyu take a bite of his food. He is so hungry that he can’t hold it anymore. Myungsoo who saw his brother just shake his head in disbelief. Who was the one who suggested to talk first before eat. His brother is just too cute and Myungsoo decided to take a bite too.

 “Can you please take a good care of Haneul? She is agree to help us and what you did yesterday is a terrible thing. You are a man. I told you to become a gentleman and not a jerk.” Sunggyu start his nagging. Aah this gonna be a pain in the head, Myungsoo thought. When his brother is nagging no one could stop him unless he is satisfied. 

 “I just treat her like how I treat other people.” Myungsoo give an argument. 

 “Then you are being a jerk to other people too. Please Myungsoo if you don’t want to do it for your own dignity then do it for me. I owe Haneul so much for this preparation and you can’t treat her that way. She is someone important to Eunji. Please Myungsoo.” Sunggyu beg to Myungsoo. And Myungsoo can’t help but to agree. His brother is his Achilles heals. And he is tired listening to Sunggyu’s nagging even though his brother is looked so cute when he is in rage. After Myungsoo promised to Sunggyu that he will at least act civil with Haneul, they eat their breakfast in peace. 

 ***

 Myungsoo arrived at the company and entered his office. On the way to his office he didn’t smiled at all. His coworker is already used to his current attitude so they just shrug it off. But deep down in their heart they really want to see the old Myungsoo once again. The one who always greet them whenever they meet. The Myungsoo whose smile is so bright like a sunshine. And Myungsoo’s dimples which always shown whenever he smiled sincerely to them. But what can they do except to prayed for the best?

 Myungsoo read all the documents he need to examine and sign that day. His secretary already informed him what he need to do for today. He also come to Sunggyu’s office to discuss some project and get Sunggyu permission. Myungsoo is a genius, that’s why he finished his work earlier. Their company never hold back the worker who had finished their job for that day. If they finished it earlier and the quality is good then they can went home earlier too. And that rule make all of the worker work their hardest to finished it earlier with a good quality. And because Myungsoo already done, he come to Sunggyu’s office to informed him that he will go to meet Haneul. 

 “You finished already?” Sunggyu looked at him with jealousy. He still need to meet with some clients before he can go home. 

 “You know that I’m genius.” Myungsoo bragged. 

 “Then why don’t you take over this company and set me free? I will gladly give it to you and then I’ll become a rock musician.” Sunggyu suggested his idea. Myungsoo scoffed at his brother. 

 “It’s your duty as the eldest son of the family. You should be thankful to me because I’m not leaving you to chase my dream as a professional photographer.” Myungsoo sticking his tongue out to Sunggyu. 

 “Eissh You. And you should be thankful to me too because I’m not ran away to chase my dream instead. If I did it, it would be you who will become the CEO.” Sunggyu sulked and make Myungsoo chuckled. 

“Bye Hyung. I’ll go first.” Myungsoo then wave his hand to his brother and made his way to the basement. 

“Oh.. Be careful. And keep your promise this morning!” Sunggyu shouted at him before Myungsoo couldn’t hear him. 

***

Myungsoo took out his phone and called Haneul.

“Hello. Myungsoo?” Haneul answered his call.

“Hmm.. Where are you Haneul-ah?” Myungsoo asked her. They agreed to drop the formalities yesterday. 

“I’m still working right now. Are you finished already?” Haneul shocked. She thought that it will take quite some time for Myungsoo to finished his work. It’s only 12:PM right now.

“Yes.. I’m on the way to your place. You are at the kindergarten right?” 

“Yes. Woow it looks like that your job is quite easy Myungsoo-ah. You can finished it this fast.” Haneul said.

“It’s not easy. I can finished it fast because I’m genius.” Haneul scoffed at him. She can hear his smirked when he said it. 

“Whatever. But you need to wait for me. I’m finished at 2:PM.” Haneul informed him. But Myungsoo has decided to wait for her at the kindergarten. He like to see children playing and smiling brightly.

“I’ll wait for you at the kindergarten.”

“No, you can wait at a café nearby.” Haneul argue with him. She just doesn’t want to make Myungsoo uncomfortable. 

“No, Don’t want to. And I already in front of your kindergarten anyway.” Myungsoo said nonchalantly.

“You are what???” Haneul shocked and run toward the gate. There she can see Myungsoo standing with his suit in his hand and his sleeve was folded until his elbow. He looked so cool that way. And Haneul can’t help but flustered from the sight. She opened the gate and allowed Myungsoo to come in. they walked to the class together. Haneul didn’t say anything because she is nervous. But then she realize something.

“Myungsoo.. did I ever said to you that I worked as a teacher in this kindergarten?” She asked, confused why Myungsoo know about her work. Myungsoo gasped when he realized that he make a big mistake. Haneul didn’t know that Myungsoo took her picture few days ago. And Myungsoo supposed to didn’t know about anything that related to Haneul’s work.

“Ah.. I know it from Sunggyu Hyung just now.” He make an excuse and fortunately Haneul believe him. They arrived in front of the class. Haneul bring Myungsoo to entered the class.

“Yah.. what are you doing?” Myungsoo refused to come in. He will just wait for her outside. 

“Come in and help me. It’s your fault for coming here and not listening to my words.” Haneul then dragged Myungsoo to the class. The kids stare at them excitedly. 

“Guys, I bring a friend of mine today to play with all of you.” She announced the news to her class.

“Who is he? Your boyfriend?” Asked a boy in the front row. Myungsoo and Haneul blushed because of the question.

“What are you talking about Jisoo? He is my friend like I said before.” Haneul explained to them.

“Now, let me introduced him first. His name is Kim Myungsoo. You can call him Myungsoo-ahjushi.” Haneul introduced Myungsoo to her students.

“Wait. I don’t like being called ahjushi. Just call me Hyung or Oppa. I’m not that old to be called ahjushi anyway.” Myungsoo protest. Haneul rolled her eyes and just agreed with him. After that they play together. Myungsoo helped her to teach the children some kids song. He played the guitar and Haneul sang the song. The children even request some song for them to played. Haneul looked at Myungsoo with admiration. He looked so handsome when he played the guitar happily. He even smiled sincerely to the children. That’s why the children become quite attached to him in such a short time. 

“Myungsoo-oppa you are so handsome.” Mirae, the little girl from a few days ago tugged his pants. Myungsoo looked down at her and then kneel down to match their height. 

“Thank you Mirae-ah.” Myungsoo smiled at her. He ruffled her hair gently. 

“Oppa, will you wait for me until I have become a beautiful woman and then marry me?” She asked innocently. Myungsoo laughed at her sudden proposal. 

“If you become a beautiful women then I’m willingly wait for you.” Myungsoo answered her jokingly. Haneul who heard it smacked his head. 

“Yah! What are you doing in front of a kid? Are you sure you are a teacher? You shouldn’t hit people or else they will learned from it.” Myungsoo complained to her with his hand trying to sooth the pain at his back head.

“ Aah it hurts.” Myungsoo whined like a little a kid. Haneul hide her smile.

“It’s your fault for giving such innocent girl an empty promise. You shouldn’t do that too.” Haneul answered back. 

“I’m just joking teacher.” Myungsoo said sarcastically. He shot her a death glare. Mirae tried to help him release his pain. It’s not that painful though. 

“Your teacher is not funny, Mirae-ah.”Myungsoo pout his lips unconsciously. Haneul just shake her head at the sight. It looked like that Myungsoo didn’t realize it. Myungsoo changed to his old self right now. Maybe it’s because he is surrounded by pure souls that’s why he can show his true self. Haneul already know what happened to him. She asked Eunji after she got home from dinner with Myungsoo. Eunji explained everything to her and she is determined to help Eunji and Sunggyu to make Myungsoo smiled again. Haneul is too focused to Myungsoo until she didn’t pay attention to her student. And there is this naughty kid who climbed the bookshelf. Fortunately Myungsoo saw him and run toward him. Suddenly the little boy feet slipped and he is falling to the ground. But Myungsoo manage to catch him on time. Myungsoo who lost his balance then fall to the ground with the boy still in his arm. He tried to support his body using his right hand but end up injured his hand. 

“Arggghhh.” Myungsoo screamed because his right hand is dislocated.

“Myungsoo are you alright?” Haneul run to him. She is so shocked because everything happened so fast. Everyone surrounded him with a worried face.

“it’s okay. I’m alright. Hey kid, are you okay?” Myungsoo asked the little boy even though his hand feels like it was burning. The little boy looked like he want to cry. 

“Hey, why are you crying? Are you hurt?” Myungsoo worried for him. But he shake his head.

“I’m alright but your hand is injured Hyung.” The little boy answered him with a sob.

“I’m alright. It’s just a dislocation. It’ll be alright once I see a doctor.” Myungsoo tried to assured him. 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you Myungsoo hyung.” His cry become louder.

“Shhhh.. it’s okay Minho-ah. As long as you are regretting your action and said sorry.” Haneul want to scold him but she doesn’t have the heart to do so after she saw him cried loudly. 

“Now you know that climbing a bookshelf is dangerous right? Don’t do that again in the future. Okay?” Haneul told him and patted his back. She turned her attention back to Myungsoo who is holding his pain.   

“Myungsoo-ah we need to go to the hospital.” Haneul hold Myungsoo and help him to stand up. She asked her fellow teacher to handle her class while she bring Myungsoo to the Hospital. 

“Where is your car key? I’ll drive it to the hospital.”

“You can drive?” Myungsoo didn’t believe her. Haneul searched for the key in his suit pocket. When she found it she used it to opened the car and help Myungsoo to sit at the passenger seat. She fasten his belt and then sit behind the wheel.

“Please, drive carefully. I don’t want to end up with not only a dislocated hand but also another injury because of a car accident.”

“Just shut up and let me concentrate.” Haneul drive the car as fast as possible to the hospital. Once they are arrived, the doctor told the nurse to take Myungsoo to the emergency room. They examine his hand and fix his dislocated hand without an operation. They just do some X-ray to guide them fixed his hand. But they need to put on a cast on his hand to prevent the joint from excessive movement. He need to rest his hand for a few weeks so that the joint could fix perfectly. 

“How is it?” Haneul asked Myungsoo who come out from the emergency room with a casted right hand.

“It will heal perfectly in a week or so. Don’t worry.” Myungsoo give her a reassuring smile.

“But it’s your right hand. You can’t do you daily activity like this.” Haneul still worried about him. She is guilty because it’s her student who make Myungsoo like this.

“It’s okay. I can use this opportunity to make Sunggyu-Hyung suffered.” Myungsoo smirked. He knows that his brother will do anything for him especially with his current condition.

“But if it’s not because of my lack attention to my students, you won’t end up like this.”

“How about I helped you with your daily activity. I can cooked for you and you can order me around when I’m free.” Haneul suggested. She feel so guilty and if she doesn’t do anything her heart would never relieved. 

“No. it’s not necessary. It’s an accident.” Myungsoo decline her offer. Myungsoo walked to the exit door when suddenly someone called Haneul’s name.

“Haneul-ah!” There is a man with a doctor suit walked toward Haneul. He waved his hand excitedly. He hugged her lovingly once he reached her. Haneul hugged him back and smiled so brightly at him. 

“What are you doing here? Are you sick?” That man asked her with a worried face. He examined her face. 

“It’s not like that Woohyun-oppa. I come here because my friend injured his hand when he is helping me teach the children at the kindergarten.”

“Really? How is he? Where is he now?” Haneul looked at Myungsoo and give him a signal to come closer. Woohyun smiled at him and give him his left hand for a hand shake.

“Hai. I’m Nam Woohyun, Haneul’s boyfriend.” Woohyun introduced himself to Myungsoo.

“Hai. I’m Myungsoo.” Myungsoo give him a cold look. Myungsoo didn’t know why but he didn’t like it when Woohyun said that he is Haneul’s boyfriend. After exchanging some words they decided to part because Woohyun need to see some patients and Myungsoo need to rest. Before they part Woohyun give Haneul a peck on her cheek and make Myungsoo burned in anger.What happened to me? Myungsoo asked himself.

“See you later.” Woohyun waved his hand and disappeared in the crowd.

“Let’s go Myungsoo-ah.” They walked to the parking lot. Haneul drive carefully this time. They drive in silence.

“So you have a boyfriend?” Myungsoo suddenly break the silence.

“Yes. He is so lovely right?” Myungsoo scoffed at her. His chest becomes so hot and he decided to do something to relieve his emotion. He had decided to do something to make sure what his heart is feeling toward this girl beside him. 

“Haneul-ah, I changed my mind. I’ll accept your offer to help me with my daily activity until my hand is completely heal.” 

 

 

A/N I edit the chapter so that you can read it comfortably using mobile phone