Chapter 5

Love or Obsession???

That night Haneul laid on her bed while looking at her ring which occupied by Woohyun’s ring. Haneul is happy because finally Woohyun proposed to her but there is something bothered her. But she can’t tell what it is exactly. She is happy but feels doubtful at the same time. It’s not like she didn’t like the idea of marrying Woohyun, it’s just that she felt uncertain with her own feeling. Is it still the same? Is it changed? If it changed, is it become stronger or is it become weaker? And there is this certain someone who will always popped up on her head without her permission. That certain someone face will bother her even without her knowing it. But she finally can make up her mind by telling herself that she thought of him because she is worried about him. She felt guilty because she is the one that make his condition like that. There isn’t something special behind it, certainly. 

Haneul and Woohyun had agreed to married two or three month after Sunggyu and Eunji’s wedding. That way Haneul can concentrate to prepare their wedding first before preparing for her own wedding. And Woohyun can also concentrate on his work first before give his attention for the preparation. They are planning to announce their wedding at Sunggyu and Eunji’s reception. With a lot of thing on her mind, Haneul slowly drifted to the dreamland.

***

 The next morning, Haneul wake up with a blasting sound from her phone. Her phone rang numerous times until she wake up and pick it up. Who the hell wake her up this early? Whoever he/she is, they are really annoying. Without looking at the caller id, she picks it up and said her greeting. The one who called her chuckled from the other line. And without asking Haneul knows it right away who it was. It is Myungsoo. That chuckled is so Myungsoo and she already familiar with it. 

 “What is it Myungsoo?” Haneul can’t hide her annoyance from her voice. Myungsoo just laughed at her even more. He knows that he just bothered her peaceful sleep and he didn’t feel guilty at all. Haneul scoffed at him and threaten him that she will hang up if Myungsoo didn’t tell her what he want early in the morning. Myungsoo quickly told her what he want, afraid that Haneul really hung up on him.

 “I just want to tell you that Sunggyu Hyung isn’t home right now.” Haneul drop her jaw. Did he just wake her up early in the morning only to tell her that? Wow how annoying he can be, she wondered.

 “Okay, so what?” She tried to hold her anger. How dare him bothered her beauty sleep just for trivial matter like this. 

 “So you don’t need to cook for him too.” Myungsoo answered like it was an obvious thing. Haneul lost her patient and yell at him.

 “Yah, Kim Myungsoo! You didn’t need to wake me up early in the morning just to tell me that. You can tell me when I get to your apartment. I’m so sleepy you know.” Myungsoo chuckled at her. He knows that it’s not important. But he can’t help himself, he wants to hear her voice and he just made a lame excuse to call her. Myungsoo willingly listen to Haneul’s nag and tried to hide his smile.

 “You can always sleep again.” Myungsoo gave her an advice like it would solve her problem. Haneul is the type who can’t fall asleep again once she is wake up. She continued her nagging while grabbing her towel and went straight to the bathroom.

 “I’m going to prepare and goes to your apartment directly. Prepare yourself Kim Myungsoo. You need to be hit once or twice on the head, and I mean it.” Haneul hung up their conversation and start to take a bath. Myungsoo smile widely at his apartment. He sat comfortably on his couch and watches a morning news program while humming happily.

 Not long after that, Haneul stormed to his apartment and hit him hard on his head. Myungsoo winced in pain and rubbed his abused head. Haneul continued her punishment by pinched him on the waist and Myungsoo tried hard to avoid her hand. They fight like little kids until they are tired.

 “I never know you are this strong Haneul-ah.” Myungsoo panted, Haneul laid beside him. They rest their back on the couch and take a long breath. And not long after that they laughed together. It’s actually quite fun, playing like a little kid. After satisfied laughing Haneul stand up and walked towards the kitchen, ready to cook. Myungsoo whose still laid on the couch lift up his shirt to check on his waist. He is certain that Haneul’s pinch will left a mark. And he is right, his waist is red on the spot where Haneul pinched him. He jerks up and run towards Haneul in the kitchen. He started to whine loudly saying that Haneul is being abusive. He even lift his shirt up in front of Haneul and make Haneul blushed. Haneul turned her head away, avoiding Myungsoo’s bare torso. 

 “Serve you right.” She tried to look nonchalant about it even though her cheeks were burned red. Myungsoo who noticed her sudden behavior grinned and . 

 “Why you didn’t look at me? Never saw a nice body like mine?” He started and walked closer to Haneul. He really enjoyed teasing Haneul. Haneul scoffed at him and tried to washed away her blushing expression. 

 “I bet even your boyfriend body is not as nice as mine.” Myungsoo teased even more. Well he is taller than Woohyun so he quite confidence about his sculpted body. Haneul snapped her head towards Myungsoo and make a face.

 “Woohyun body is nicer than yours.” She answered confidently. To be honest Haneul never saw Woohyun . Well their relationship is an innocent one. They never went too far. The most intimate act they ever experience is kissing on lips. But Haneul needs to take on Woohyun side. 

 “Don’t lie to me. He is shorter than me and he is a doctor. They never had time to exercise.” Myungsoo tried to argue even though his heart is starting to burnt imagining inappropriate thing between Haneul and Woohyun. He thought that Haneul has already done it with Woohyun judging by how confident she is. She just stayed silence. Haneul is quite agreed with Myungsoo, Woohyun didn’t have much spare time and it remind her how Woohyun never had a time for her. Her face fall just by remember it. And her thousand thought about their wedding is popped up once again. That’s it, now she knows what bothering her the most. Will Woohyun spend more time with her after they got married? Will she become less lonely after they got married? Or will she become lonelier? She didn’t like to feel lonely. Her parents already passed away that’s why she often feels lonely. It’s thanks to Eunji who always check on her and invite her to have dinner or lunch together. And before Woohyun got accepted to work on his current hospital he never failed to accompanied her most of the time. 

 “Haneul-ah?” Myungsoo waved his hand in front her face. She snapped out of her thought and gave him a confused look. 

 “What is it Myungsoo? Sorry I didn’t hear you.” She apologized to him. She is a bit embarrassed because Myungsoo caught her daydreaming. Myungsoo gave her a suspicious look. There is something wrong and he needs to know what it is.

 “Did something bothering you?” Myungsoo asked her with a worried face. She just shrugged it off and continues her activity. Myungsoo watched her until she finished preparing their breakfast. Myungsoo is determined to know what is wrong and he will do anything to know about it.

 “Let’s eat.” Haneul gave him a chopstick and Myungsoo send her a glare. Haneul looked at him confused. Myungsoo raised his chopstick and point at his casted hand with his eyes. Haneul gasped after she realized her mistake. She forgot that Myungsoo can’t use her right hand and the breakfast she cooked can’t be eaten without a chopstick or a fork. She stands up and tried to find a fork but to no avail. 

 “You don’t have a fork?” She roamed the kitchen cabinet and didn’t find what she searched. Myungsoo shook his head. He and his brother didn’t like to use a fork unless it is necessary and since they always use a chopstick. Haneul tried to think a solution but nothing come up. Myungsoo had a good idea and placed his chopstick in front of Haneul and opened his mouth.

 “I will never feed you, if that what you want me to do right now.” Haneul refused quickly. Myungsoo scoffed at her. 

 “It’s your fault for cooking something like this without asking my opinion.” Myungsoo grabbed his chopstick and placed it to Haneul’s grab instead. He opened his mouth once again and Haneul can’t do anything except grant his wish. She patiently feed him and Myungsoo gladly eat it. He even hummed a song while chewing his food. Haneul chuckled at his cuteness. She never knows that feeding Myungsoo is this pleasant. Looking at his innocent smile make her happy and forget all of her problem. 

***

 Their days went by just like that. Sometime they spend the day by watching some movie in the living room, or when the weather is good Myungsoo would invite Haneul to spend the day outside. Sometime they went to check for the wedding preparation. Actually there is nothing much to do about the preparation, they already gave the concept and the staff would do the work for them. They just need to check if everything went smoothly. They met every single day and it make them closer each day and start to feel that there is something they feel about each other. Myungsoo already realize it and accept that his feeling for Haneul is love but Haneul still in denial and just thought Myungsoo as a best friend. Even though Myungsoo had realized his feeling, he hasn’t said anything to Haneul because of Haneul status. He waited for a right moment to confess his feeling. 

 Haneul sometime would always leave early when she had a promise with Woohyun, but it’s not rare for her to return back to Myungsoo’s apartment because Woohyun suddenly had a call from hospital and leave Haneul alone. Like what happened today. Haneul told Myungsoo that she will leave his apartment early because she had a promise with Woohyun.

 “Are you sure he won’t leave you alone again this time?” Myungsoo mocked at her. Actually Myungsoo really want to punch Woohyun on the face because he always left her alone whenever he had to return to hospital suddenly. Can’t he drive Haneul home first before return to the hospital? And it’s not only once or twice but several times. He even had ditched Haneul because he didn’t fulfill his promise. At that time he had an emergency situation at the hospital and can’t contact Haneul to cancel their meeting. Haneul never told him about that story but Myungsoo heard it from Eunji whenever she visited their apartment.

 “Well Woohyun is a doctor and it can’t be helped.” Haneul tried to give her best smiled and tried not to look like she is affected much about it. But Myungsoo knows her better. Eunji told him that Haneul is someone who hate being alone that’s why whenever Woohyun left her alone she would always comeback to Myungsoo’s apartment and stayed until dinner. 

 “Just don’t come back here with a sullen face latter. I hate it when your face looked so down.” Myungsoo warned her. He accompanied her until the front door and she bid her goodbye there. She waved her hand and went out from the apartment. Myungsoo walked to his bedroom and let his back laid there. He is in a dilemma. He wants Haneul to notice him and with how constant Woohyun left her alone every time they met, it’s a good thing for Myungsoo. But he didn’t like it whenever Haneul back with a sad face. She always tried to look okay but her eyes never lied to him. He knows that she was hurt by how Woohyun treated her but she didn’t say anything about it.

 Suddenly there is a ruckus from down stair and Myungsoo sat straight on his bed. He walked down the stairs and he saw his brother and Eunji just entering their apartment. Their face looked so happy but troubled at the same time. Myungsoo gave them looks that tell them “what is it this time?” 

 Sunggyu gave Myungsoo a sign to follow him and they went to the living room. They sat on the couch with Eunji sit close to Sunggyu. They gave him an apologetic looks and Myungsoo sigh at them. He prepared his heart for whatever the couple in front of him would tell him.

 “Just say it already. I know that it is not something good.” Myungsoo scoffed at them. They pouted at him and he ignored it. 

 “Well it’s not completely a bad news though.” Sunggyu explained to him but Myungsoo didn’t buy it at all. 

 “Whatever, just tell me already. You are driving me crazy.” Myungsoo run his hand on his hair, frustrated. Sunggyu hold Eunji’s hands and looked at her with a blush on his face. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and make a voice by clearing his throat. Sunggyu gave his attention back to his younger brother.

 “Well, you want to hear the good news first or the bad news first?” 

 “The bad news first.” Myungsoo gave his answered. His patient is going down by each second. When finally Sunggyu will drop the bomb, they heard the sound from the door signaling that there is someone entering their apartment. Myungsoo come to the front door to check, hoping that what he suspected is not true. But his hope shattered when he face Haneul stand in front of the door with sad smile. He sighed and gave her a look that tells her “see, I told you he will ditch you once again.” He walked closer to Haneul and patted her head. He held her shoulder and walked her to the living room. Sunggyu and Eunji gave them a confused looks. Myungsoo help Haneul to sit next to him and explained the situation to the couple.

 “Woohyun just left her once again.” And with just that sentence could make Eunji stand up abruptly from her seat. She is really angry right now. She want to give Woohyun a lesson but it also Haneul’s fault for not complaining to Woohyun. Sunggyu tried to calm Eunji down by holding her and help her sit. 

 “Just leave him already. You know a lot of guy willingly proposed to you.” Eunji scolded her. Woohyun just thought that by working his off he can get a good payment and make Haneul happy but he never understand that it’s his presence that will make Haneul smile. And Eunji is getting sick from how Woohyun treated her best friend. 

 “He can’t help it, eonni. It’s an emergency situation and he need to go quickly.” Haneul tried to defense him but Eunji just rolled her eyes. Myungsoo who realize the tension tried to change the subject even though he is fuming inside. It’s not the right time to talk about Haneul’s problem. It will make her sadder. They need to wait until Haneul is calm and can talk rationally.

 “So what is it that both of you want to tell me?” he asked and darted his glare at his older brother. His brother cleared his throat and tells him what he wants to tell before Haneul came. Haneul who didn’t know what happened just looked at them with a confused look.

 “So, the bad news is both of you need to change our wedding date.” Sunggyu drop the bomb and make Myungsoo and Haneul dropped their jaws. They looked at each other and shout together.

 “What do you mean by change the date? Are you kidding us?” They scream at Sunggyu and Eunji’s face and make the older one to cover their ears. After the younger one can calm their nerves, Sunggyu continued to explain to them.

 “Well the reason has something to do with the good news I want to tell you, Soo-ah.” Myungsoo scoffed at him, he wasn’t sure anymore if he want to heard the good news or not. But Sunggyu tell him eventually.

 “The good news is, your soon to be sister in law is carrying my child right now.” The good news makes Myungsoo and Haneul dropped their jaws even more. Sunggyu and Eunji chuckled at their cuteness. Myungsoo and Haneul’s surprise is beyond words. They just sat at their seat, speechless. Sunggyu rubbed his hand on Eunji’s tummy. It turns out that day they went to a gynecology doctor to check because Eunji haven’t had her period for this two month. And their suspicion is true. Eunji is pregnant for two month already. Myungsoo rubbed his face frustrated. He knows that something like this will happen but can’t help but surprise when it really happens. 

 “Did Mom and Dad know about it?” Myungsoo asked them. They nodded their head. Their parents are beyond happy and told them to change their wedding date for this month. That’s why they rushed home to tell Myungsoo this. Myungsoo’s frustrated face make Sunggyu and Eunji felt so guilty because they know that it’s not easy to change everything. But Myungsoo finally smiled at them. He is actually happy to hear the news that they are expecting their first child. And the thought for having a nephew or a niece washed his annoyance away. 

 “You better give me a cute nephew/niece or else I will kill the both of you.” He chuckled at them and move from his seat. He hugs his brother lovingly, giving him congratulation. Eunji and Haneul smiled at their closeness. Myungsoo also gave Eunji a hug and tell her to take care of the baby. Haneul also gave her beloved friend a tight hug. Myungsoo and Haneul then start to change everything from the date on the invitation and call the manager of the hall to ask if it is possible to change the date. Fortunately, the hall is available this month and they can change the date. Sunggyu also helped them by calling the company that will make their invitation. That night everyone become busy because of the sudden change but feeling happy after all. 

***

 After the hectic time they need to go through finally the wedding day is come. Myungsoo’s hand is also healed already. It’s a relief because he doesn’t want to answer question about his casted hand. After the groom and the bride change their vows and kissed each other, everyone then enjoyed themselves at the reception. They changed the concept. They held the reception just once so the business related guest and their personal friends attend the same reception. They didn’t want to make Eunji tired. 

 Myungsoo is so happy for the couple but can’t help but fuming inside when he saw Haneul attend the reception with Woohyun, walking hand in hand. They looked so lovely and everyone complement them saying that they looked so good together. But it’s not only Myungsoo who didn’t like the view but also Eunji. She actually really like Woohyun but it before Woohyun become a workaholic and often left Haneul alone. Now she wants Haneul to meet someone else and make a happy family. Their annoyances turn to anger when Woohyun and Haneul told them that they will get married soon. Haneul wear her ring and show it to them. She never wore it before. Eunji then dragged her to the corner because she needs to talk to her while Myungsoo just gave Woohyun who oblivious with the situation a death glares.

 “Haneul-ah, what do you mean by getting married soon? You never told me that Woohyun proposed to you?” Eunji started to question her. Haneul tried to answer nicely. She knows that Eunji didn’t like it a bit. 

 “He actually proposed to me few weeks ago but I don’t have a courage to tell you because I know that you will oppose it.” Haneul lowered her gaze. Eunji sighed at the view. Eunji actually didn’t oppose it but she just worried about her best friend. What if Woohyun can’t make her happy?

 “Are you sure Hanuel? Don’t make a rushed decision. I know that your relationship is long enough but with all that happened lately, I am not sure that this is a right decision.” Eunji tried to opened her mind.

 “No Eunji eonni. This is the only way to save our relationship. This way we can meet each other every day and close our distant.” Haneul gave her reason. But Eunji still didn’t sure about this.

 “Eonni believe me, this is for the best.” Haneul gave her a pleading look and Eunji finally give up. She just hope that everything will be alright. They went back to the three male. Woohyun is talking to Sunggyu about some business and Myungsoo just watched them, uninterested. After a while, Woohyun excuse himself because he needs to be back to the hospital. After Woohyun left, Myungsoo dragged Haneul to the backyard. They sat on a bench there and enjoying the fresh air.

 “Are you sure you want to marry him after what he had done to you?” Myungsoo asked her. Haneul rolled her eyes. She is getting tired from this question.

 “What exactly he had done to me Myungsoo?” Haneul asked him back, annoyed. Myungsoo scoffed at her. He can’t believe how stubborn this girl can be.

 “Well, he often left you alone in the middle your meeting or even worse he ditched you for his beloved work and didn’t even bother to inform you beforehand.” Myungsoo answered with annoyance on his voice. Haneul can’t take it anymore and stand up abruptly.

 “Stop it Myungsoo. I don’t want to hear it anymore. My decision is final and no one can change it. Not you or even Eunji eonni. I know what I’m doing and for your information Woohyun is a good man and I know he will make me happy. So mind your own business Myungsoo.” She told him, ready to take her leave. But even before she can turn her body Myungsoo shout at her.

 “Fine. Just don’t come to me and cry on my shoulder because of him latter.” Myungsoo walked pass her with anger on his face. Hurt shown on his eyes and it went unnoticed by Haneul. 

*******

 

A/N Heeey here is an update for you~~ thanks for waiting it patiently.. I decided not to removed the m mark and will give it you soon.. soooo please anticipate the angsty chapter because it is so near ㅋㅋㅋ And please drop a comment.. your comment eencourage me to update this story sooner ^^ see you at the next chapter..