Chapter 13

Love or Obsession???

Chapter 13

 

                Myungsoo called his brother the next morning. He told him everything that he saw yesterday and what he had decided to do from now on. Sunggyu could only sighed, he was sad of course because he can sensed it just by hearing Myungsoo’s tone that his little brother is in the verge of a heartbreak. But what makes him sadder is the fact that Myungsoo tried to sound that he is alright and he said that he actually deserved it. After talking with his older brother and sister in law, Myungsoo hung up the phone and rushed outside to start his day as an invisible man. He wore a black t-shirt and pants but he covered it with a white hoodie. He also wore a black cap to cover his face. He walked to Haneul’s house and decided not to use his car. His car would make Haneul get suspicious.

                Myungsoo waited her at the corner near her house. Not long after that, Haneul came out from her house and started to walk towards the kindergarten. Myungsoo walked behind her with a safe gap. He walked nonchalantly like he is just another people who walked toward their office. And it worked. Haneul didn’t even suspicious and continue to walk. When Haneul arrived at the kindergarten, Myungsoo decided to enter the café in front of the school. He opened his laptop and starts his work. He needed to submit it today and he haven’t started it yet. So he worked his brain until he is tired that day. When he finished his work it’s already lunch time, and he went to the cashier to pay his coffee. When he waited for his exchanged, he noticed something that makes him smile brightly.

                “Excuse me, can you give me one of those banana milk?” He asked the cashier. The cashier nodded and handed him the banana milk that displayed in the glass cabinet.

                “Thank you.” Myungsoo took the banana milk and his exchange. After that, he got out from the café and walked to the kindergarten. He sat on a bench and leaned his back on the walls outside. The class is over and a little girl walked passes him and seat on a bench near him. It looked like she waits for her parents. Myungsoo approached her, and asked her to help him.

                “Little girl, what’s your name?” The little girl looked at him suspiciously but because Myungsoo is really handsome, her suspicion is disappeared soon. Oh my, what will happen if there is kidnapper with handsome face like Myungsoo?

                “My name is Seulbi.” She said.

                “Seulbi-ah can you help me?” Myungsoo asked with his million watt smile and the little girl instantly nodded.

                “Do you know Haneul-saem?” Seulbi nodded and said that Haneul is actually her homeroom teacher.

                “Can you give this to her? Myungsoo gave her the banana milk he bought just now. Seulbi take it from him and nodded. She walked to the gate and about to enter the kindergarten. But then she turned around and approached Myungsoo with confused face.

                “I’m sorry, but what’s your name?” Seulbi asked him innocently. Myungsoo grinned at her and told her to just call him anything.

                “Why? You don’t have a name?” Seulbi asked him once again, Myungsoo chuckled because Seulbi is so cute.

                “I have one, but Haneul-saem doesn’t need to know it. Just call me whatever you want. Okay?” Seulbi nodded but then Myungsoo stopped her. He handed her another banana milk and she accept it.     

                “This one is for you. Thanks for helping me Seulbi-ah” Myungsoo said with a kind smile.

                “You’re welcome, handsome oppa.” Seulbi grinned at him. Myungsoo chuckled at his new nickname. Well he like it so much though. Myungsoo then walked and hide himself.

*******

                Hanuel was ready to go home when suddenly one of her student come to her office.

                “Haneul-saem, I have something for you.” Seulbi waked towards her and handed her a bottle of banana milk. Haneul looked at her and said thank you sincerely. Did her student just give her banana milk? the one which she like so much?

                “Thank you Seulbi-ah.. but did you buy this?” Seulbi shook her head and explained it to Haneul.

                “There is a really handsome oppa who asked me to give this to you. But he didn’t want to say his name. But Haneul-saem, he is really handsome like a prince.” Seulbi told her with bright eyes. Haneul chuckled at her student.

                “Where is he now?” Haneul asked Seulbi and the little girl told her that he is at the front gate. Haneul decided to go to see him and hold Seulbi hand towards the gate. When they arrived at the gate, Seulbi ran to the bench and pointed it while saying that he was there just now. But, he is nowhere in their sight now. Haneul looked at the banana milk in her hand and wonder who could be he?

                “Haneul-seam, I told you the truth. The handsome oppa were really here just now. He is so handsome, he is tall and has a pointy nose. And his smile is so kind and warm.” Seulbi rumbled on because she didn’t want her teacher to think that she is lying. Haneul chuckled and say that she believe her.

                “Maybe the handsome oppa already went back home. Its afternoon already, where is your parents?” Seulbi shook her head. It’s unusual for her parents to get her this late.

                Haneul decided to give Seulbi’s mom a call. After waiting for a while the call were answered and turned out Seulbi’s parents can’t pick her up at the school. Seulbi’s little brother have a fever and both of her parents was at the hospital for now.

                “Haneul-seam, can I asked you to take care of Seulbi until her father got everything handled here?”

                “It’s okay Mrs. Jang I’ll take care of her. Then I’ll bring her to my home for now.” Haneul said.

                “Thank you Miss, you’re so kind. Can you tell me your address so we can pick her up later?” Haneul give Mrs. Jang her address and then they ended the call. Haneul squatted to match her height with Seulbi and told her that her parents can’t pick her up now so she needed to come with Haneul to her house.

                “Yoonsung is sick? I want to go to the hospital.” Seulbi whined when she learned that her little bro got sick. She was in the verge of crying so Haneul needed to calm her down.

                “Yoonsung will be alright, okay. He just needs to see the kind doctor and then he will get well soon. Seulbi want him to get well soon right?” The little girl nodded her head and Haneul wiped her tears away.

                “Then you should listen to your mom and follow me back to my home. When everything is okay, your parents will pick you up.” Haneul kindly said. The little girl finally nodded and gave her small smile. Haneul hold her tiny hand and guide her to her house. Myungsoo looked at the scene with a smile on his face. He knew Haneul can be a great mother. He tailed after them just like this morning. But he took off his hoodie so Haneul can’t really notice him because of his dark shirt and cap. On the way home they stop at a minimarket and Myungsoo wait for them near the shop. Not long after, they came out with ice cream in their hands. They both enjoyed their ice cream while walking to Haneul’s house.

                “Eissh this girl, what’s on her mind? Eating ice cream when the day is this cold? Aigoo.” Myungsoo shook his head in disbelieve.

                “She is pregnant for God shake. What if she catches a cold? You are a bad girl Song Haneul.” Myungsoo greeted his teeth but couldn’t do anything nonetheless. So he just continued his activity tailing both of them until they reached their destination.

*******

                The next morning Myungsoo wake up super early and prepare himself. After eat his breakfast, he goes out from his house and rode his car to the old lady flower shops. When he arrived there, the old lady is in the middle of arranging her shop. She just opened the shop a while ago and really surprised to see Myungsoo there this early.

                “Halmeoni, good morning.” He flashed his brightest smile to her and the old lady could tell just by looking that Myungsoo is in a really good mood.

                “Good morning to you to, young man. What makes you come here this early?” Myungsoo grinned at her and hug her before saying his intention.

                “Can you give me a bouquet of sunflowers?” he asked her eagerly. The old lady give him a teasing look.

                “Ooow did you already find someone you like around here?” the old lady nudged him with her elbow and Myungsoo laughed heartily.

                “More like finally I find the reason why I am here in the first place.” The old lady gave him a confused look and Myungsoo just over his smile.

                “I’ll explain it to you later.” He said while the old lady arranged his bouquet and the old lady nodded her head. After waiting for a while Myungsoo got a really beautiful sunflower bouquet and then he paid it to the old lady. He bid his goodbye after that and rode back his car. On the way home, he bought a pack of banana milk. When he arrived home, he parked his car in the garage and locks the house. He went to Haneul house and placed the bouquet and a bottle of banana milk in front of her door and then went hiding.

                Haneul opened her front door and was about to leave when she saw a bouquet of flower and a bottle of banana milk. She looked around but didn’t see anyone. She looked carefully at the sunflowers and the banana milk. She remembered the banana milk from yesterday. Is it the same person? And why he gives her a bouquet of sunflower now? The bouquet was so beautiful and she realized that the wrapper is the one that Halmeoni like to use. That person must have bought it there. And she decided to give the old lady a visit before she goes to the kindergarten. Myungsoo followed her at a safe distance and gaped in shock when he saw her entering the old lady flower shop.

                “, that girl is smart.” Myungsoo then positioned himself so the old lady can see him and give her a desperate signal not to tell Haneul anything.

                “Good morning, Halmeoni.” She beamed her smile to the kind old lady. The old lady smiled happily when she saw Haneul and greeted her back. But then her eyes landed on the bouquet Haneul hold. Then it clicked in her head that the one Myungsoo give the flowers is Haneul. So they actually knew each other.

                “Halmeoni. Are you the one making this bouquet?” Haneul asked her while handed the old lady the bouquet. Halmeoni looked at it and 100% sure that the bouquet was the one she make this early morning for Myungsoo so she nodded her head.          

                “Yes. So you are the one who received it? You are lucky you know, he come here early in the morning and asked me to make a beautiful sunflower bouquet.”

                “Oh really? Can you tell me who is he?” The old lady raised her brows and then asked her confused.

                “You don’t know him? I thought you both know each other.”

“No. He left these in front of my door this morning. And I also believe that he is also the one who  gave me a bottle of banana milk yesterday.”

“Oh, you know the one that I told you before? The young man that I want to introduce to you? He is the one who bought this. His name is Kim-“ At that time Halmeoni caught someone wave his hands desperately from across the street and squinted her eyes to look at the person better. Finally she recognized him. He is Myungsoo and he signal her not to say anything by putting his index finger in front of his mouth and make a begging gesture using his hands. The old lady finally understands that she shouldn’t said anything. Haneul saw that the old lady looked far behind her and she turned her head to looked at who she saw and makes her couldn’t  continue. But when she turned her head she saw nothing. Myungsoo already hide himself behing the big tree beside him. Haneul looked across the street and felt so strange. There is something weird here.

“What’s his name?” Haneul asked once again. But the old lady just gave her apologetic smile.

“I’m sorry I can’t tell his name now, maybe he will tell you one day.” She is right. Something weird happened here.

“Please, halmeoni. I really need to know eeung.” She used her aegyo but to no avail. The old lady didn’t say anything. The only clue she know is that his name start with a Kim. And that fact already makes her heart beat so faster. After fruitlessly asking the old lady, Haneul decided to continue her walk because the class almost starts fifteen minutes later.

After Haneul went out from the shop, Myungsoo came out from behind the tree and give the old lady flying heart using his hands and the old lady just smiled and wave him goodbye because he needs to follow Haneul once again.

*******

                Several months past just like that. Myungsoo still become an invisible man to Haneul and he makes sure that nobody would tell her who he is. Even though without him knowing, Haneul slowly catching up with the fact that anything she received every single morning is something she really like. And the facts that his name start with Kim already makes her certain that it’s Myungsoo all along. At first she didn’t know what to do but then she decided to play along and pretended that she didn’t know anything and just received every single gift with a bright smile. She will enjoy his attention and care as long as possible. After three months the baby bump starting to appeared and it makes everyone aware now that she is actually pregnant. Rumors started to spread but people that know the story like the old lady and the principal always back her up. Myungsoo also helped secretly by saying that it’s not Haneul’s fault. It’s the man’s fault, Myungsoo knew it very well that it’s fully his fault that’s why he didn’t want people to look at Haneul like she is a bad girl. And the rumors dyed down immediately and people start to give their empathy towards her. 

                Howon once again come to the kindergarten to pick Jaehoon up. He is so shocked when he saw Haneul pregnant. Well he is been at Seoul and just come back yesterday. He asked her what happened actually and she told him anything while they sat at the ice cream parlor near the kindergarten. When Howon learned what actually happen to his best friend, he swore and curse at whoever this person is. He promised her that he will beat him up if he happened to meet him.

                Myungsoo looked at them from outside the parlor and tighten his fist when he saw Haneul with the same man months ago. He thought he would never meet him again because he never appeared in front of Haneul these last three months. Apparently he is dead wrong. But what he could do? He is an invisible man right now.

                A few days past, and Howon never failed to pick Haneul up every single morning. He insisted he will be the one who her while he is there. And he also noticed that Haneul always received some gifts every morning. When he asked about it, Haneul just smiled at him and hug the neck pillow she received that morning. Howon was worried what if this person had a bad intension to her but Haneul assured him that he is a kind person. A really kind person.  But being a protective friend, Howon can’t help but to spy on Haneul’s house someday. He wake up early and jogged to Haneul’s house and hide himself. Not long after he arrived, there is a young man with a big monkey doll in his hands. he put it down and then looked at the closed door longingly. Howon squinted his eyes and saw the young man hide himself at the corner near Haneul’s house. Howon picked his phone and dialed Haneul’s phone number. He informed her that he can’t pick her up this morning and Haneul said not to worry. She actually wants to walk a bit because she needs to exercise.

                Haneul walked out from her front door and automatically searched for the gift. Today she received a big monkey doll. She laughed at the doll. It has a dumb expression and she like it so much. The doll hold a bouquet of sunflowers and a bottle of banana milk. She always received something different every morning but the bouquet of sunflowers and banana milk always there no matter what. She tried to make the old lady to spilled the bean but to no avail. Well Haneul already know but if she knows directly she will feel more assured. She opened the door once again and put the doll at her bed room and put the flowers on a vase after that she went out to start her day.

*******

                Myungsoo shout a loud YES in his heart when he saw Haneul walked out from the door and the man that disturb him these past few days wasn’t there to pick her up. Today he can walk her to the kindergarten and that thought already makes him smile so brightly. But before he could tail her any further a hand grabbed his shoulder and make him turned to face the owner. Myungsoo gasped when he saw that the man he hates so much was in front of him.

                “Who are you? Why are you tailing Haneul?” the man said and Myungsoo scoffed at him.

                “I should be the asking who are you?” Myungsoo shrugged his shoulder and Howon release his hold there.

                “What do you want by giving her gift every day? What is it, a secret admirer?” Howon mocked at him.

                “It’s none of your business.” Myungsoo turned and started to walked. This man ruined his day. But the man grabbed his shoulder once again and Myungsoo let out a tired sigh. If only Haneul didn’t think that this man is precious he already landed his fist on his face.

                “Well it’s my business. I’m her best friend and what I don’t know what your intention to her. Mark my word, if you laid your hands on her I will beat you up.” Myungsoo couldn’t contain his anger anymore and shoved Howon.

                “Well I’m the father of her baby, so whose more precious now?” After heard what Myungsoo said Howon punched him and Myungsoo fall. Howon punched him numerous time but Myungsoo didn’t budge nor tried to attack him back. Deep down in his heart he knows he deserved it and he didn’t want to make Haneul sadder. If he punched the hell outta him now, Haneul will hate him even more and that’s the last thing he want.

                “You. Bastard. How. Dare.You.Hurt.My.Best.Friend. “ Howon punched Myungsoo with every single words he said. After he make Myungsoo’s handsome face covered with bruised he stop and warned him once again.

                “If I saw you near Haneul once again I will make you unable to see her again.” And after that he left. Myungsoo panted hard, that man is strong. But he knows that he is stronger because he will become a father soon.

*******

                Howon picked Haneul up and she went to the passenger seat with Jaehoon. Jaehoon sat on her lap like usual. Howon strangely become so quiet today so Haneul tried to start a conversation. But instead of answering her question, he asked her back.

                “You already know right?” Haneul looked at Howon confused.

                “What are we talking about right now?” Howon sigh frustrated.

                “You know exactly who is the one giving you the gifts and bouquet every day, don’t you?” Haneul become pale and her hold on Jaehoon tighten and make the little boy complained.

                “What do you mean? I didn’t know anything.”

                “Don’t lie to me Haneul because you are bad at lying.” Haneul bite her lower lips and know she could never lie to Howon. He knows her too well.

                “Yeah, I know it’s him probably. I’m just assuming though but well he knows me too well. He gave me something that only Myungsoo knows that I like those stuffs. So I think my suspicions are right. Why are you asking me this?”

                “If you know, why you received it then? He is a bastard.” Haneul frown at how Howon called Myungsoo.

                “Don’t call him like that. He is my baby’s father.” She firmly said.

                “But how did you know who is he? Did you meet him?” Haneul asked curious.

                “Yeah I meet him this morning and gave him a good punch.”

                “What?? Why are you doing that? Is he alright?” Haneul asked him, panicked.

                “Why are you being too kind Haneul-ah. You should cut all the tie with him.”

                “I tried okay. You don’t know how hard it is being pregnant without the one you love beside you. I tried so hard but what can I do if my heart can’t forget about him. What should I do when I know that the one who gave me a bouquet of flower and a bottle of banana milk every day is someone with Kim as his first name? What should I do if I’m always feeling so happy every time I found those gifts in front of my door. What should I do when I felt that he actually love me too, Howon?” She sobbed and cried her heart out. Howon was taken aback. He didn’t mean to make her cry. He tried to calm her downed. He even asked her if she want to go to the ice cream parlor but she shook her head.

                “No. Just drop me at my house. I’m tired.” Howon could only sigh and do what she told him. When they arrived she put Jaehoon on the passenger seat and put on his seat belt.

                “You don’t need to pick me up from now on. I want to walk and thanks for your kindness. But Howon can you not do something reckless like punching someone when you didn’t even understand the situation? ” She gave him a disappointed look and then walked towards her front door and Howon come out from the car, tried to grab her wrist but before he could do that, Haneul already closed her front door.

*******

                The next morning when he arrived at the flowers shop the old lady screams loudly because of his condition. But as always Myungsoo just smiled brightly to her. Well it turned out to be a grimaced though because his swollen face.

                “Myungsoo what’s happened to you? I almost couldn’t recognize you.” the old lady tried to examine the bruises but Myungsoo hold her hand while saying that he is alright.

                “Can you give the usual?” the old lady nodded. She arranged the flowers while took a glance at Myungsoo once in a while.

                “I’m okay Halmeoni, I deserved it actually.” Myungsoo finally told her the truth. He told her how everything becomes like this. From the moment he commits a sin to Haneul and the reason why he still couldn’t revealed himself in front of her. The old lady handed him the bouquet and told him that everything will be alright.

                “You should take a rest Myungsoo, how about placing your gift in front of her house and then come back home? Take a rest Myungsoo, you always tailed her every day and always protect her from afar.”

                “No. I will do my routine like always. You don’t need to worry.” But the old lady know the better. She saw that sometimes Myungsoo stumbled because he felt so dizzy. That’s why she used her last weapon to force him to rest.

                “You better listen to me or else Haneul will know who you are. Give me your house key, and I will visit you in the afternoon. I’ll cook for you.” Myungsoo said it’s not necessary but the old lady insisted and if Myungsoo wants his secret stayed save then he didn’t have any choice. He hand her his spare key and bid his good bye after that. He listed to the old lady advice. He placed the gifts in front of her house. Today he just gives her a bouquet of sunflowers and a bottle of banana milk. He is so wasted yesterday he couldn’t get up from his bed once he reached his home and he couldn’t bought anything for her. He still feels so dizzy right now but he forced himself to come out and deliver the bouquet and banana milk. That’s the least he can do for her today.

*******

                Haneul saw the bouquet and the banana milk in front of her door this morning. But today Myungsoo didn’t give him any gift. She looked at the bouquet and milk in her hand. What if Howon punched him really hard yesterday? But she shrugged her worried away. Myungsoo also a good fighter, he can protect himself well. So after drinking her milk and put the flower in the vase she walked out and visited the old lady shop like usual. She chatted with the old lady and eventually asked her about Myungsoo.

                “Halmeoni, did Myungsoo come here today?” the old lady automatically nodded her head.

                “Yes, he comes here today but his face is full of bruises. He looks terib-“ the old lady covered , realizing her mistake.

                “It’s okay Halmeoni, I already know it all along. The one who gave me the flowers is none other than Myungsoo. I just pretended that I don’t know.” She smiled sadly.

                “Why? If you know you should tell him then.”

                “I’m afraid he will leave me if he knows that I actually know. I know that he always follow me around too. But I’m afraid he will stop once he find out.”

                “Why are both of you being like this? You know I clearly can see that both of you love each other so much, just say it and your misery will come to an end.”

                “He doesn’t love me.”

                “If he is not then he wouldn’t come here every single morning to buy a bouquet of flowers. Even when his face full of bruises and he couldn’t properly walked he still come here. He looks so terrible this morning yet he insists on following you and protect you again today. He is content just being you shadow Haneul-ah.” Haneul got teary when she heard what the old lady said. She said even when Myungsoo had a really bad fever he still come and following her around. And from what the old lady told her, looked like Howon really punched him hard. She actually hesitated but after listened to the old lady, she knows it’s her turn to take care of him.

                “Halmeoni, can you tell me where is Myungsoo’s house?” when the old lady heard what Haneul asked, she wrote the direction on a paper and then hand her the spare key to Myungsoo’s house. Haneul hurriedly walked out from the shop to Myungsoo’s house.

                “Be careful, Haneul-ah. Don’t forget that you are pregnant.” The old lady shout to her and she flashed her smile and wave to the old lady.

******

                Haneul soon arrived at Myungsoo’s house. How could she never know that Myungsoo lives so closed to her. Well she never tried to found out, that’s why she never know. She took a deep breath before put in the key and turned the knob. When Haneul already inside she called for Myungsoo but no one answered her. She explore the house trying to find Myungsoo. She goest to the living room, kitchen, and opened almost all the doors there. She opened a door and turns out it leads her to the garage. She saw a black Bentley sedan parked there. And it makes her remember the day she met Howon and he said there is a black Bentley following them. So at that time it’s also Myungsoo. She should have known. She went upstairs and found a door and opened it slowly. She looks at the bed and saw Myungsoo wrap in a blanket. She hesitated a bit but step her feet closer eventually. Myungsoo was sleeping and she can’t help but cry when she saw his bruised face. How could this happen? Myungsoo is strong, she knows it. Blocking Howon punched must be not that difficult but he is here with bruises on his precious handsome face. She sat on the edge of the bed and caresses his hair softly. Myungsoo stirred in his sleep and caught Haneul’s hand accidently. But then he flutters his eyes open and gasped in shock when he saw Haneul in his room. But the he smiled sweetly at her.

                “I must be dreaming again right? How I wished I will never wake up. But if I’m not wake up then who will protect the real you and our baby?” he mumbled. He tried to sit and winched in pain. He actually got bruises on his stomach and back too. Haneul help him to sit and he gestured her to sit beside him. Haneul do what he told her to do. She knows Myungsoo thought that he is dreaming now. He hold her tight and caresses her hair gently. And then he leaned closer, Haneul closed her eyes and Myungsoo whispered to her.

                “I love you so much. I hope I have the guts to tell you this in real life.” He then captured Haneul lips and kissed her gently. But then he opened his eyes and looked terrified.

                “Why the kiss felt so real? Wait don’t tell me I’m not dreaming right now.” He looked so pale and panicked. Haneul chuckled at his cuteness and leaned closer.

                “Finally you realize you are not dreaming, pabo.” She kissed him this time. With tears flowing down their faces they are kissing until both of them need some air to breath.  

to be continued...

 

A/N

Hai sorry for making you wait this long. but here it is the new chapter. believe me it's not finished yet hehe. happy reading ^^