Chapter 8

Love or Obsession???

Chapter 8

 

 Haneul woke up with a really bad headache and her body aches all over. She wanted to sit up but she felt some restriction and weigh that prevent her to do so. She opened her eyes and surprised to see a chest in front of her. She gasped in horror assuming what had she done last night. She pulled away to see who held her more clearly and shocked when she saw Myungsoo sleeping with a peaceful face. His face looked so calm and his hold is so gentle, he hold her like Haneul is a fragile thing. Haneul looked at her bodies and tears started to well up her eyes because what she feared might be true when she saw that both of them only covered by the blanket. She was sobbing so hard and make Myungsoo wake up. He rubbed his eyes and looked at Haneul with a guilty expression but he tried to harden his heart. He was already done what he needed to do and it’s too late to back off now. He caressed her hair and held hair tightly, delivered his warmth to her. He rubbed his back and let her cry as long as she wants. She pulled away, and wiped her tears. She asked Myungsoo with a hoarse voice.

 “Did we.. did we do it?” Myungsoo looked at her and cupped her face. He kissed her lips lightly and answered her question.

 “Emm.. we did it.” After hearing Myungsoo’s answer, Haneul sobbed once again. Her tears stream down her cheeks and Myungsoo felt so hurt when he saw her that sad. But he knew he can’t undo what had happened. He didn’t want to make her cry but this is the only chance he had. He killed his heart for that moment.

 “It’s okay Haneul-ah, I’ll take the responsibility. Let’s get married.” He said assured her that he won’t ever leave her. He hugged her until she is calmer. Haneul was so confused. With her current condition and her problem with Woohyun she can’t get married to Woohyun any longer. But she felt what they had done is a wrong thing. She hasn’t broke the engagement with Woohyun officially and she haven’t heard Woohyun explanation. On top of that she never had an intention to cheat on Woohyun. She felt so dirty right now. She accused Woohyun for cheating on her but here she is, laying on a bed with another man, . But she knew that with what happened now, she should end her engagement with Woohyun. Maybe this is for the best. Woohyun’s mother also didn’t approve their wedding. And maybe Woohyun will happier with that Minah girl. She knew all along that Woohyun hiding something from her. She just lied to herself that it’s just her ridiculous assumption, that Woohyun still loved her like he used to be. Both of them lied to their heart and this is the result. Both of them felt so heartbroken. If they had the courage to admitted that their relationship is broken long ago, that they didn’t love each other like they used to be, and decided to end their relationship with peace maybe their heart wouldn’t be this shattered. What she needs to do now is meet Woohyun and ended everything. She also thought maybe she can start a new with Myungsoo even though she isn’t in love with him. Her trance of thought was cut by Myungsoo’s gentle voice. 

 “How is your body? Is it okay?” He asked with a concerned expression. That was her first time, it must be at least felt so sour. 

 “My head is hurt and my body is so sour, Myungsoo.” She told him. He looked at her with an apologetic face. He held her and tried to ease her pain. 

 “You should take a warmth bath. I’ll take a bath first and then prepared your warmth water. How is it?” He gave her a smile and she smiled back. Myungsoo felt so relieved because Hanuel reaction is better than what he had thought. He thought she would make a scene and even would mad and didn’t want to meet him anymore. That’s why he felt so happy right now. He gave her a kiss on her temple and walked to the bathroom to wash himself. He prepared warmth water for Haneul after he finished bathing. He even gave an aromatherapy to calm her more. He wore a black shirt and a short pants. He walked to Haneul who sat on the bed with the blanket covered her body. She folds her legs and rested her head on her knees. Myungsoo’s face fell from seeing the sight. He taped her arm lightly and smile at her. She gave a small smile and Myungsoo scooted her and hold her bridal style. She wrapped her hand around his neck and let Myungsoo to carry her to the bathroom. Once she was on the bath tub she felt her soreness decreased a bit. Myungsoo left her and walked down the stairs to prepare a soup for her headache.  

 While waiting for Haneul to come down he played with his phone and suddenly his phone rang. He looked at the caller id and it turned out that his brother is the one who called him. He picked it up and said his greeting.

 “Myungsoo, is Haneul still with you?” Sunggyu asked him curiously. They suggested him to accompany her until she calm down and they want to know how her condition right now.

 “Yes, she is at the bathroom right now.”

 “How is she? Eunji can’t stop worrying about her.” Myungsoo could hear his brother was slap by his sister. He chuckled and shook his head. They are as adorable as ever. 

 “How is she?” It looked like Eunji took Sunggyu’s phone away and decided to asked Myungsoo herself.

 “She is still sad but she is better.” Myungsoo contemplating about should he tell them about what happened last night but finally decided not to tell them right now. He will tell them when they meet. He knew that they will scold him but he can take it because he knew that at the end they would still support him. 

 “By the way Myungsoo after you take Haneul home, you should come to the office and replaced me for today. I need to accompany your sister to go somewhere today.” Sunggyu informed him. Myungsoo groaned in annoyance but can’t decline his brother request. He didn’t asked where they want to go.

 Haneul come down when Myungsoo still had a conversation with Sunggyu. He told his brother that Haneul is with him right now. Eunji wants to talk to her so Myungsoo gave his phone to Haneul. Haneul take it and talk to Eunji. She thanked them and apologized because she bothered them yesterday. After make sure that Haneul is better they hang up and let Haneul to have her breakfast. Their breakfast was quite but Myungsoo just let it be. It’s not that the silence is uncomfortable. After finishing their breakfast Myungsoo take Haneul home and headed to his office. He spent the day attending some meeting in place of his brother. He would text Haneul whenever he had a time to check that she is okay.

***

 Haneul opened her phone and she received a lot of missed call from Woohyun and text messages. She opened the messages.

First message:

 From: Woohyun oppa 

 “Haneul-ah where are you? We need to talk.”

Second message:

 From: Woohyun oppa

 “Haneul-ah I went to your house but you are not home. Where are you? Please listen to my explanation first.”

Third message:

 From: Woohyun oppa

 “Okay. I know you want to be alone. I won’t bother you for now but please when you feel ready call me because we really need to talk.” 

That was the last message Woohyun sent her, she sigh and start to cry once again. Why her love life this hard. She wants to run to Woohyun and hug him but because of her stupidity now she can’t do it again. After cried for a while she picked her phone and dialed Woohyun number. Her call was answered on the first ring.

 “Haneul-ah.. I’m glad you call me? Where are you last night? I waited in front of your house till midnight.” Woohyun bombarded her with question. She didn’t want to tell Woohyun right now so she just ignored it.

 “Let’s talk. I’ll wait for you, come to my house.” She wanted to meet him outside but her current condition didn’t allow her to do so. She can’t walk properly, she still felt so sour and she afraid that people will know what she had done if they saw how she walked. 

 “Okay. I’ll be there in a minute. See you then.” Woohyun rushed out. He took his car key but even before he could ride his car he was stop by someone. 

 “Woohyun, we need to talk.” 

***

 Haneul waited for Woohyun but he hadn’t come yet. It’s already an hour since he said he would arrive in a minute. Just then, her bell ring and she come to open her door. Woohyun greet her and muttered his apologized because there is something that hold him to arrive faster. Haneul let him in and they sat at the couch. Woohyun start to explain himself. Haneul listen to him even though whatever Woohyun tried to say won’t affect her decision. 

 “Haneul-ah, I’m so sorry that I lied to you. I know you must think that it’s not only my schedule that prevents me to meet you, but also Minah after you heard my mom yesterday.” Haneul still listened to him even though her heart shattered by every word that Woohyun told her. She tried her best to hold her tears. 

 “You’re right. These past few months I’m going out with her. In another word I’m cheating on you. But it was because my mom tried to set me up with her. She would throw tantrum if I disobeyed her. And I hadn’t another choice than to do what she wants.” He continued.

 “Actually I want to tell you that I didn’t have any feelings for her at first. But I realized that I already lied to you so many times, and because I knew that I lied to myself telling that I still love you like the first time I confessed my feeling to you, that’s why I will tell you the truth from now on”

 “Haneul-ah, I’m sorry but my feeling for you is changed. At first I’m going out with Minah because of my mom but then I felt so comfortable with her. She is always with me and my time with you is decreased little by little. My affection towards you is no longer as much as before but I didn’t want to hurt you. I tried to erase my feeling for Minah and even tell myself that marrying you is the best answer for our problem. I’m afraid to admit that I’m a jerk who betrayed you and pretend that everything is alright. I proposed to you thinking that I will love you once again if we met more often and live under the same roof.” Haneul sobbed but Woohyun knew the best that continuing his story until the end would be better rather than stop in the middle and torture her. 

 “I know that I’m hurting you right now by telling this but if I didn’t make myself clear it will only hurt you more. But Haneul, I think that our relationship should end right now. It’s not only because of my feeling to Minah but also because I felt that your feeling for me is not as strong as before. Both of us had a heart change without we realize it. The way you looked at me and the way I looked at you isn’t the same anymore. We had our feeling for other person.”

 “I didn’t realize it at first but I know now what that strange looked you always gave to Myungsoo. You love him Haneul even though you didn’t realize it yet. You love him more than you love me. I want you to be happy and forcing our relationship isn’t the answer. I want to be happy too and pretend that I still loved you is wrong.”

 “When I was on the phone with you just now, I still determined to win you back but I met with someone before I come here. And that person make me realized that I’m a coward and will only hurt you even more if I still telling you lies. That’s why I’m here telling this stuff that will make you cry all night long but I knew that you are a strong girl and will overcome this soon. Because like I said both of us just tried not to hurt each other by pretending that everything is alright.”

 “But we need to stop now. Let’s stop telling lies to our self and just admit it that our love is no longer there for each other. Let’s admit it that we are only human who can have a change of heart and end our relationship peacefully.”

 “Haneul-ah, I will not ask you to forgive me but I would be so happy if we can stay as a friend from now on. I’m still your older brother and you can tell me anything that bothered you.” Woohyun end his explanation with a smile. Haneul already cried a river but she manage to give Woohyun a smile at the end. She realized that what Woohyun said is true and she felt so much better right now. Maybe they should do this a long time ago but like Woohyun said both of them are a coward. And because they care for each other so much that they didn’t want to hurt each other. She wiped her tears and start her explanation to Woohyun. She wanted to tell Woohyun the truth now.

 “Oppa, I’m hurting when you told me that your love is no longer for me but after I heard your whole explanation, I realized that you are right. My feeling for you is also changed even though I still care for you. I still care for you so much that I’m afraid if I told you the truth I will hurt you. That’s why I lied to myself telling that I loved you as much as before. We only hurt each other this whole time. Let’s ended our relationship here Oppa and I wish for your happiness.” Haneul said sincerely. 

 “And Oppa don’t feel guilty because you thought you cheat on me because in fact I also cheat on you. Last night I did something I shouldn’t do with Myungsoo. I wanted to tell you to break our engagement because I betrayed you more than you had betrayed me. I’m sorry Oppa, even though you decided to continue our engagement I will be the one who broke it eventually. That’s why I’m thankful to you for telling me the truth and ease my burden to mention this first. And I would be so glad to have you as an older brother.” She said with tears in her eyes but she smile feeling more at ease. It looked like the weight on her shoulder is lifted.

 “What? Wait.. you did what with Myungsoo?” Woohyun knows very well what Haneul said but he couldn’t believe it. His Haneul is a pure girl and so innocent that’s why he never bring himself to be so with her. 

 “I slept with him. Well we done it under alcohol influence but it doesn’t change the fact that we done it. I still couldn’t believe it myself, but that’s what happened. That’s why I feel so dirty right now.” Haneul ended up telling Woohyun the whole things. He assured her that Myungsoo is a good man because he said that he will take the responsibility. Woohyun even to just make it official. They talked a bit longer before Woohyun excused himself because he needs to go to the hospital. They agreed to keep contact and stay as a friend. 

 After her conversation with Woohyun, Haneul felt so much relieved now and she planned to visit Myungsoo after he arrived home.

***

 Myungsoo arrived at his apartment and welcomed by his brother and sister. They had waited him for an hour before Myungsoo finally back. They wanted to check on Haneul and asked Myungsoo what they do last night. 

 “She woke up on the way here and asked me to accompany her drink some soju.” Myungsoo sat after he changed his cloth with the comfortable one. 

 “So she drinks to ease her pain? That poor girl.” Myungsoo nodded his head. 

 “So she is home now and her condition is better? What about her relationship with Woohyun?” Sunggyu asked this time. He was so curious what Haneul would do, forgive Woohyun or ended their relationship.

 “She will end her relationship with him. I don’t know when but I know it will happen soon.” Myungsoo said with certainty. Sunggyu and Eunji looked at each other. They smell something fishy here. Why Myungsoo is so confident that Haneul will broke the engagement.

 “What do you mean Myungsoo-ah?” Eunji tried to find the answer. Myungsoo looked at them and tell them the truth.

 “I took her ity last night and I promise her that we will get married soon.” Sunggyu and Eunji’s drop their jaw from the shocked.

 “What do you say??” Sunggyu stand from his seat and shout. He couldn’t believe this.

 “Did you force yourself to her?”

 “No! of course not but we did it under alcohol influence. She wanted it too. I will never her.” Myungsoo shake his head.

 “Is she alright?” Eunji was concerned about Haneul’s feeling.

 “She was shock when she woke up next to me this morning but she is calmer than I thought.” Myungsoo still couldn’t believe Haneul didn’t mad at him. 

 “Well, took her ity doesn’t mean that Haneul won’t be able to back with Woohyun. I believe Woohyun had done it before with some other girls and it’s not a strange thing to lose your ity before you get married this day.” Eunji gave him her rational thought.

 “I think so too. Woohyun will forgive her and they can get back together. You can’t win her by using that kind of thing brother.” Sunggyu told him but Myungsoo just smirked.

 “If I’m only take her ity then both of you is right. They still can get back together. But what if she carried my baby right now?” Myungsoo asked. The couple in front of him gave him a questioning looks.

 “Don’t be stupid Myungsoo, doing it once doesn’t mean she will pregnant.”

 “But I know she will. Yesterday is not her safe day and I didn’t use any protection.” Myungsoo knew when Haneul get her period because her mood will changed so much and she always had a dysmenorrhea that’s why Myungsoo know her safe and unsafe days.

 “What do you mean by that Myungsoo? Don’t tell me you plan it all along to make her pregnant so she doesn’t have a choice but to choose you?” Sunggyu said in horror. He didn’t know that his brother is capable of doing something horrible like this. 

 “Yes. I plan it all along. Yesterday event just make my plan goes smoother.” Sunggyu really want to hit his brother but even before he could do anything than blinking his eyes, they heard something fall to the floor.

 “What did you just said Myungsoo?” in front of them, Haneul standing with a hurt expression. Before they knew it, she dazed towards the door and run with her tears running down her cheeks.

To be continued

 

A/N Hey guys I’m back with the continuation of this story. The angst is starting so prepared yourself. Well actually this isn’t how the originally stories would go but I thought this is for the best. Please kindly give your comment, thanks. And welcome for the new subbies :3 see ya all in the next chapter ^^

PS: I haven't proved read this chapter yet so sorry if there is some error