Chapter 11

Love or Obsession???

Chapter 11

 

 Haneul went to a kindergarten near her house and tried to apply to be a teacher there. She can’t stay unemployed and become a teacher was the only job she could think of. When she arrived at the kindergarten, she saw that the student already immersed in their activity whether it’s singing, drawing, learning to read or trying to solve simple mathematics. They all looked so adorable. Haneul is really like children that’s why she wants to be a kindergarten teacher. She walked to the principal office and gives her greetings. The principal is an old lady with a really kind expression. She has a gentle looks and she told Haneul to come and sit on the chair in front of her chair.

 “Good morning, Mrs. Park.” Haneul greet her once again and shake her hand. Mrs. Park, the principal greet her back.

 “Good morning, Miss. May I know who you are and what can I do for you?” Mrs. Park asked her with a smile on her face. Haneul smiled back at her. She caressed her hands nervously. It’s not the first time she applies for a job but she felt nervous about this one because she had the baby inside her. She is afraid that her condition will make her unsuitable for this job. Pregnant before getting married and still want to be a teacher? Well she just hopes that the principal would say yes to her application.

 “Oh, yes. I’m Song Haneul. I want to apply for a teacher here if it is possible.” Haneul explain what she wants and Mrs. Park nodded her head. She asked for the application paper and read it thoroughly. After she finished with the document she looked at Haneul.

 “I see that you had been a kindergarten teacher at Seoul for three years right, Miss. Song?” 

 “Yes, that’s right.”

 “So why are you decided to come here and quit your job there?” Mrs. Park asked her curiously.

 “Well, actually I used to live in this neighborhood few years ago but because of some circumstances I need to move to Busan. And then I got accepted at a kindergarten at Seoul but I quit because I want to start a new life here.” Haneul tried her best to explain her condition. 

 “You want to start a new life? Can you tell me what happened to you that make you want to start a new life?” Mrs. Park insisted to ask her the question she is most afraid of. “ Haneul didn’t have a choice but to answered honestly. Even though she tells lies now, in a few months when her baby bump can be visible, her lies will be exposed. So she decided to tell her the truth. It’s okay if she can’t get this job, she will try another job.

 “Well, to tell you the truth, I’m pregnant right now.” She stop to studied Mrs. Park expression. She still displayed her smile and nodded in understanding and told her to continue her story.

 “But, I’m not married yet.” Haneul bit her lower lip and Mrs. Park didn’t give her any response for a while but then she asked her for the detail.

 “Why you didn’t get married? Do you a reason why you decided to be a single parent? It’s not an easy job you know.” Haneul smiled bitterly. She knows it but it’s her choice after all.

 “I know it’s a difficult task but I have a reason why I don’t want to get married to my baby’s father.” 

 “Is it because you don’t love him?” Mrs. Park asked her gently. Surprisingly she didn’t look at Haneul with disgust, on the contrary she looked at her with concern.

 “No. it’s the other way around. It’s him who didn’t in love with me.” Haneul said and tried to smile as cheerful as she can but Mrs. Park knows the best.

 “He didn’t love you that’s why he didn’t want to take the responsibility?”

 “No, it’s not like that. He said he will take the responsibility even before I told him that I’m carrying his baby. It’s me who decline the offer. I didn’t want to live with someone who didn’t love me and just stay with me because of responsibility.” Mrs. Park nodded her head and didn’t asked any further. 

 “Okay, well we happen to have a spot you can fill and I would be glad if you can start tomorrow.” Mrs. Park said and it makes Haneul surprised.

 “I get the job? Are you okay with someone like me?” She asked to make sure she didn’t misunderstand her words.

 “What do you mean by someone like you? Do you think that I would despise you just because you decided to become a single parent? No, I’m not someone like that. As long as you can teach my students well and take a good care of them then you are welcome any time.” She explained to her. Haneul is beyond happy to hear it. Her eyes welled up with tears but she tried her best not to cry. She is a strong women, she told herself.

 “Thank you Mrs. Park. I will start tomorrow. Please take care of me from now on.”

 “You are welcome Miss. Song.” Haneul stand up from her seat and shake Mrs. Park hand before she excuse herself. Mrs. Park accompanied her until they reach the gate. 

 “Before you go, I will tell you one thing because you bravely told me about your condition honestly. You shared your secret with me so it just right if I also shared one secret with you.” Haneul give her a curious looked and Mrs. Park chuckled at that.

 “Well, I’m also a single parent just like you Miss. Song.” Mrs. Park then waves her goodbye even before Haneul could utter any words.

***

 Myungsoo arrived at the airport and walked through the crowded place with his bag clung on his shoulder and one of his hand drag his suitcase. He hauled a cab and shows the driver the address of his temporary resident. Sunggyu already arranged it for him, he bought a house near the beach in the small city where Eunji said was the location of Haneul old house. It would not be that hard for Myungsoo to find her here, if she is here of course. 

 Myungsoo arrived at the house Sunggyu prepared for him and paid the cab before entering the house he would stay at when he is here. He opened the door with the key Sunggyu gave to him this morning. The house is quite decent and he liked the simple design and furniture. The house is dominated by white but some of the furniture is black just the way Myungsoo would like. Myungsoo placed his bags in his bedroom and ran to the garage. Sunggyu told him that he bought a new car for Myungsoo and it’s already arrived yesterday. Sunggyu told his staff to deliver it to the house and the new car is inside the garage now. The car was covered to protect it from the dust, Myungsoo removed the cover and his eyes widened in disbelief. The car that is in front of him right now is the one Myungsoo really want to buy once his saving is enough. He never told Sunggyu about this, but Sunggyu managed to know it. Well, Sunggyu really love him after all. He picked his phone and search for his brother contact number. He called Sunggyu and his brother picked it up right away.

 “Gyu Hyung! I Love You So Much.” Myungsoo screamed to the device and Sunggyu chuckled hearing his brother sounded so happy.

 “Yeah, I know. You like it?” Sunggyu put his document down and decided to rest a bit while having a conversation with Myungsoo.

 “No, I love it and I like the house too. Thanks hyung for everything.” Sunggyu may not be able to see Myungsoo right now but he is certain that the younger Kim is smiling from ear to ear by the tone Myungsoo used. 

 “It supposed to be your birthday present, but well I think it would be best to give it to you right now. So when your actual birthday comes, don’t ask anything from me because you won’t get anything.” Sunggyu . Myungsoo pouted and pretend to sulking but Sunggyu knows that Myungsoo is beyond happy with his present and he never asked anything before for his birthday. It’s Sunggyu who will give him the gift even without Myungsoo asking. Sunggyu never disappointed him with his present that’s why in return Myungsoo will give Sunggyu a pair of shoes as a birthday present every year because his older brother really like to wear an expensive and comfortable shoes whether it is formal or casual shoes. Sunggyu always take an extra good care of the shoes that Myungsoo gave to him, it’s a treasure for him. 

 “But, how did you know that I want this car?” Myungsoo still couldn’t believe that his dream car is parked in his garage now. It’s a Bentley, sedan type and the color is pearl black. Sunggyu didn’t answer immediately but he took a long sighed instead. Myungsoo frown his eyebrows when he heard Sunggyu. 

 “What’s wrong Gyu hyung?” Sunggyu took a little while before telling Myungsoo how he knew about his dream car. Sunggyu knew about this car from Haneul before that damn thing happened to them. Myungsoo told Haneul that he is saving up to buy a new car and Sunggyu managed to make Haneul spoiled the bean so he can prepared the car and give it to Myungsoo as his birthday present. But his plan changed, Sunggyu decided to give it earlier than it should be because he know his precious brother need it the most now. 

 “Haneul told you about this? Well that’s make sense now. The only person who knows that I’m saving up for this is only Haneul. I don’t know what kind of answer I expected when my heart know it already.” Myungsoo chuckled bitterly. Myungsoo is happy that Haneul paid attention to his blabbering this whole time. People tend to ignore him whenever he got hype up because he would talk really fast, they would pretend to listened to him when actually they didn’t. Only Sunggyu, Eunji, his best friends and apparently Haneul who really listened to him. He knew it actually just by looking at their expression or their eyes whether they really listening or not.

 “Well, now I got another reason why I should find her as soon as possible.” Myungsoo told sunggyu with certainty. Sunggyu relieved that Myungsoo thought that way. After exchanging a few words and telling Sunggyu that he will start his search tomorrow and not forget to ask if his sister is alright, Myungsoo ended his call and covered the car once again. He walked to his bedroom and took out his pajama and entered the bathroom to clean his body. 

 After he changed to the pajama he is laying down on the bed. He took out his phone and stared at Haneul candid photos that he saved. It’s his routine before he goes to sleep, he will stare at it for a long time while saying his prayer that wherever she is now Haneul and his baby is fine and healthy. He also prays that he will find them soon. 

***

 Myungsoo start his day with his morning routine. He eaten his breakfast and prepared himself to go around the city. He wore something comfortable because he knew it would take all day long and he didn’t want the clothes to hindrance him. Myungsoo start the engine of his new car and drove off to the place he think Haneul would visit. First, he went to the beach even though the chance to meet her there is small but Myungsoo knew that Haneul really like beach. She ever told him once in the past when they shared they interest while sitting on his couch in his apartment. Haneul told him whenever she felt down she would visited a beach and spend her day there just to calm her thought. That’s why Myungsoo decided to go there first. Fortunately that city only has a beach, if the city has a lot of beach Myungsoo will be damn. Myungsoo would visit all of them even if this city has a hundred beach if that’s mean he can meet with Haneul though.

 When he arrived there, there aren’t many people that visited the beach. It’s because it’s not a holiday season and it’s a weekday. Myungsoo looked around the beach. He can’t stop to appreciate the beach even though this beach is one of the most beautiful beaches Myungsoo had ever seen, but he needs to find Haneul. Once he meet with her again, he would bring Haneul here to spend the day and he will take a lot of picture of her with the beautiful beach as the background. He imagined how it would feel to spend the day here with Haneul and their baby as a happy family. He prayed along the way that his dream won’t just end up as a dream. Myungsoo searched until he didn’t know where he should go because he already explores the beach but didn’t find Haneul. With a bitter heart he decided to leave the beach and go to the next location Haneul may visit.

 Myungsoo went to the City Park but the condition isn’t better. There are just a few people there jogging or do some exercise because it’s already afternoon but someone Myungsoo hope he would meet there was not seen. Myungsoo sat on a bench. He was so tired because he didn’t stop walking both at the beach and here. He closed his eyes and decided to stop for a while. Stop thinking about Haneul for a moment, but he couldn’t. He is dead worried because he had a feeling that she is alone here and he is worried if she could take care of herself and the baby well without him. And it’s upset him that right now this is the only thing he can do. But he can’t give up either, today is only the first day he is here. He knows he would meet her soon. 

 Myungsoo decided to stop for today, it’s starting to get dark and he needs to eat. He hasn’t eaten anything after his breakfast this morning. Myungsoo stop at the food stall near his house. There he eats some teokpokki and fish cake to fill his stomach. He didn’t have the energy to cook a decent meal for dinner. 

 Haneul on the other hand just finished cooking for dinner. She prepared the table and the nutritious meal she made. She didn’t forget the diet Woohyun make for her and she had followed it diligently. But suddenly she feels so lonely. She never eat alone before, she would asked Eunji, or Woohyun when they still dating, or Myungsoo when she want to eat because eating alone always make her think that she is alone in this world and she would always felt down every time it happened. And for some reason that’s what she feels right now. She caressed her belly and told herself that she isn’t alone anymore. She has the baby and they will live happily, but she can’t help to think about Myungsoo. His face bothered her every now and then. Simple things can remind her about him like when she cooked she would remember when she used to cook for him. Myungsoo always there somewhere in the kitchen trying to help her with anything but instead he would mess around. He would do a lot of things that Haneul always thought so cute, like when Haneul forced him to eat a cabbage which is he hate so much. He would tell her if he eats it his stomach would upset and pout his lips to win her heart and avoid to eat it in the end just because Haneul couldn’t resist his cuteness. She is weak against Myungsoo and Haneul knew it very well. That’s one of the reason why she didn’t want to meet him, because she knew she would forgive him right away. She would lose once again and she knows that Myungsoo need to learn his lesson first. Haneul fish out her phone from her pocket and open her photos gallery. She looked at a certain picture and her tears welled up seeing how happy they were. Myungsoo’s sincere smile and the way he looked at her make her heart flutter again and again. It’s the picture that Sunggyu managed to take when both of them didn’t realize it. Sunggyu gave it to Haneul to and Haneul said she would erase it once she got home but she didn’t. She saved it until now. This picture is one of the things that support her until now, because she can pretend that Myungsoo is indeed in love with her. Haneul said that she will move on and forget about Myungsoo on her letter but it’s just a lie that Haneul knew so well. She didn’t have the intention or energy to move on from him. She already falls so hard for him and it’s hard and almost impossible to get up once again. She will treasure him in her heart and she actually grateful that inside her belly the baby would always connected both of them and that’s more than enough for her. 

***

 Myungsoo spend his days looking for Haneul but he didn’t get anything for now instead he is now become so familiar with a lot of people in his neighborhood. He know a lot of people because every day he would walked around his neighborhood if he feels frustrated and need some fresh air. He becomes a good friend with the old lady who has a flower shop. He is also familiar with the owner of the food stall because most of the time he would eat there. Myungsoo told them that he is on his vacation and would spend some time here. People in his neighborhood fancy him so much because not only he has a really handsome face but he is also really kind and humble. Myungsoo would greet them whenever they met no matter where it is and he is a man with manner that’s why they always wait for him to visit their store. 

 Today Myungsoo feels so frustrated because he didn’t know where he should go to meet Haneul. He already visits almost all the place he could think of but to no avail. That’s why he decided to come out from his house and walked towards the flower shop to help the old lady. 

 “Halmeoni, Soo is here.” He shouted because the old lady isn’t in the front. She ran towards the entrance and greets him happily.

 “Soo-ah I didn’t know you would visit today.” Myungsoo hugged her and help her to arrange some of the flowers. 

 “Sorry for not visiting these past few days. I had something to handle.” Myungsoo explained his absence for these three days he didn’t visit her. He just greeted her when he was on the way with his car and it’s just a mere hand wave. 

 “You have handle it well then?” the old lady handed him bunch of flower and he put it at the front shop. The flowers are so pretty here and he love to look at them. 

 “Not really. And I’m a bit frustrated because of it to be honest.” Myungsoo told her. He really feels so comfortable with the old lady. She remind him to his grandmother when she is still alive and used to play with him. His grandmother is the one who would spend the days with him and Sunggyu every time their parents went to a business trip. 

 “What’s the problem sweetheart?” She asked him gently, stopping her activity to look at him properly. Myungsoo wants to tell her about his problem and what he actually do here. But he decided it’s not the right time yet. He wants to forget about his problem today so he can start once again tomorrow with a good mood.

 “I’ll tell you later. I want to enjoy the day for now.” The old lady stare at him unsatisfied but she understands him so she just let him off for now. Myungsoo then spend his morning help the old lady re arranging her shop and even learned how to make a flower bouquet. When he decided to went back to home he already managed to make a beautiful flower bouquet and he is satisfied with the result. He put it with another flower bouquet that the old lady makes.

 “Halmoeni, I think I should go home now. I already bothered you since this morning.” The old lady wants him to stay for dinner but Myungsoo decline it politely. He cooked some foods this morning and he didn’t want to throw it away. He would heat it and eat it as his dinner. The old lady then gives him some side dishes and Myungsoo take it gladly. He walked to his home with a better mood and new spirit. He would restart his search tomorrow. 

 Not long after Myungsoo left the flower shop, a girl come by and greet the old lady cheerfully. She just back from her work and bags of groceries was hanging on one of her hand. She is one of the regular and the old lady really like her because she had a great personality. She often visited her every day after work and would go back with a bouquet of flower on her hand. And today she picked another flower bouquet and her eyes lands on the flower bouquet that Myungsoo made. It’s simple but looks really beautiful. The arrangement is unique and contained her favorite flower. She chooses it right away and asked the old lady how much is it.

 “Halmonie, this flower bouquet is so beautiful. You made it differently than the other bouquet.” She complimented her. The old lady laughs at the comment.

 “It’s because someone else arrange it, that’s why it looks different than my creation.” The girl gave her confused looks and the old lady explained it to her.

 “There is a new resident here. He is a really handsome young man. He said he is here for a vacation. He often comes here to help me and today he is here all day long. He asked me to teach him how to make a bouquet and the one you hold right now is his first creation.”

 “Really? Why I didn’t know that there is a good looking young man here?” the girl asked playfully. 

 “It’s because you are really into your work. Besides, He would go early in the morning before you go to work and he would back late at night. And when he is home or visited me you are already at work. You should meet him, he is a really kind young man. Both of you would make a beautiful couple.” The old lady .

 “Eeey what are you talking about. But looking at his bouquet I can tell he is a really gentle person.” The girl looked at the flower bouquet with dreamy eyes. The bouquet makes her remember someone.

 “Yes he is. I will introduce you to him and you would be thankful to me later.” Both of them laugh and she paid the flower before heading back to her house. The old lady looked at her back with a sad face. She is a cheerful girl, other people wouldn’t know what she had gone through just by looking at her smile but the old lady knows. She was here when the tragedy happens and unfortunately she is still here to witness her hardship once again.

“You should be happy sweetheart. You should move on and find your happiness and I have a strange feeling that Myungsoo is the answer for your entire problem, Haneul-ah” The old lady went back to her shop and closed it down for today. She promised herself that she would make both of them meet and make it work for both of them because what Haneul needs right now is a good companion and she believed Myungsoo would be able to accept Haneul’s baby like his own baby. If only the old lady knows that the baby is actually Myungsoo’s.

To be continued

 

 

A/N Haiiii I'm back~~~ did you miss me? I hope you miss me haha.. so this is the newest chapter I could provide to you all hope you like the update.. sorry if it's so lame or boring.. dont worry Myungsoo and Haneul will meet soon, I promise ^^v 

Btw is there someone here who watch INFINITE EFFECT? I just watch the fancam and GOD MYUNGSOO IS EXTRA HANDSOME WITH HIS HAIR UP!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Haha sorry about that I'm in my manic mode haha 

Well please enjoy the chapter and kindly leave some comment below, I'll reply as soon as possible~~ good bye for now until the next chapter ^^