Chapter 4

Love or Obsession???

Haneul drove Myungsoo to his apartment and then she went home using a cab. Myungsoo walked to his apartment with smile on his face. Haneul agreed to take care of him until his injury is healed. And because today is the last day of the semester, she has a holiday starting tomorrow before the new semester begins. It means that she can give 100% attention to Myungsoo and preparation for Eunji and Sunggyu’s wedding. It also means that Myungsoo will be able to meet Haneul every day and that’s what makes him smile like an idiot. He entered his apartment and was greeted by a shocked Sunggyu.

 “Myungsoo-ah! What happened to your hand???” Sunggyu run to him and examine him carefully. He was so shocked when he saw Myungsoo entering their apartment with a casted hand. 

 “Hyung.. Your reaction is over. I’m alright it just got dislocated.” Myungsoo answered trying to peeling Sunggyu’s hand which all over his body. Sunggyu gaped at his answer.

 “What?? Just dislocated?? You said “Just”??” 

 “Ya! How can this happened?” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. His brother really loves him too much. But he secretly thankful to Sunggyu. Sunggyu always treat him the best he can. To showered him with lots of love so that Myungsoo will never feel lonely.

 “I helped Haneul to teach her students at the kindergarten. And there is this boy who climbed a book shelf and fall but I manage to catch him but ended up hurting myself.” Myungsoo explained.

 “You help Haneul at the kindergarten? Haneul is a teacher at a kindergarten?” Sunggyu asked.

 “Yes. You didn’t know? I thought you would know since she is Eunji Noona’s bestfriend.” Myungsoo knitted his brows. Sunggyu shook his head and help Myungsoo to sit at the couch. 

 “Gyu-hyung.. You know what? It’s my hand that got hurt not my legs. I can walk just fine Hyung.” Myungsoo shook his head. 

 “Aah.. you are right hehehehe.” Sunggyu laughed, but then Sunggyu realized something,

 “Myungsoo-ah.. You didn’t hurt your head right?” Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo weirdly.

 “Nope. Why?” 

 “Then, why did you smiled all this time when you should have complained about the pain? You even smiled when you entered just now.” Sunggyu frown. There is something wrong here or is there something good happened to Myungsoo that make his mood this good. 

 “Did I? I don’t know. I just feel happy.”

 “Now you make me worried brother. Please don’t be crazy.” Sunggyu start to whine and shake Myungsoo’s body roughly. Myungsoo chuckled and then slap his brother shoulder. They slapped each other body after that. Such a cute fight, right? They used to be like that but because of Myungsoo’s state this past few months they rarely got to a cute siblings quarrel. And Sunggyu treasured this moment so much. How he hope that this will continue from now on. They stop after they got tired from slapping each other and tired of laughing hard together.

 “It’s good that you are really okay Soo. I’ll help you out until you recover.” Sunggyu offered his help but Myungsoo shook his head and smiled to him.

 “You don’t need to do that. Haneul promise me that she will help me starting tomorrow.” Myungsoo get up from his seat and patted his brother shoulder.

 “Hyung, I’ll go to my room first. I need to do something.” Myungsoo then walked toward his room. Sunggyu stayed still on his seat and then smiled to himself. Now he knows the reason why Myungsoo is in a really good mood even though he is injured. 

***

  Haneul reached her house safely and she threw herself on top of her bed. Today was a tiring day. She tried to close her eyes before got up and went to the bathroom. She needs to clean herself before sleep or else her sleep won’t so comfortable. She took a towel and a pair of clean pajama before went in. After cleaning herself, she opened her bag and took out her cellphone. There are few miscalls from Woohyun. Seem like his shift already over that’s why he gave her a call. She tried to call him back and he answered quickly. 

 “Woohyun oppa~” Woohyun smiled after he heard how Haneul called him. They were not in touch for quiet sometime because of Woohyun busy schedule. Actually they are growing apart each day and both of them noticed it. With the intensity of their time together decreased this past few month, they know that there is emptiness in their heart that grow bigger. But they ignored it, thinking that everything will be alright and that they will be able to take care of the problem without worrying each other. So they pretend that everything is alright and Haneul always said that she understand Woohyun situation and she would patiently wait for him even though her heart told her that she is indeed feeling lonely. 

 “Oh Haneul, baby. What are you doing? I called you just now but you didn’t answer it.” Woohyun asked and Haneul could imagine him pouting like a kid. 

 “Sorry, I was in the bathroom. Just finished showering and prepared to bed.” Haneul leaned her back to the headboard. She covered her legs with a blanket because she felt cold after taking a bath.

 “Oppa, where are you? Are you still in the hospital?”

 “No, I’m on my way to the house. My shift is done for today.. aah I can’t wait to lay on the bed..” Woohyun groaned. He feels so tired because he worked from early in the morning.

 “You are driving? Be careful oppa, drink some coffee to prevent you from dozing off while driving or stop the car and rest for a bit when you are sleepy.” Haneul said with worried in her voice. Woohyun smiled to that. He knew that Haneul is such a sweet girl. She always takes care of him even though he can’t take care of her well enough.

 “It’s okay.. it’s already near my house. Don’t worry baby..” 

 “By the way, do you have some time tomorrow? I have a day off tomorrow.” Woohyun told her the good news. He rarely got a day off but because of his hard work these past few months, his superior gave him some time to take a rest. And he intended to spend it together with Haneul. Haneul was so excited when she heard it but then she remembered that she needs to go to Myungsoo’s apartment early in the morning. Her face fell, disappointed. Why it must be tomorrow? She already promised Myungsoo that she will take care of him but she also really miss Woohyun so much. She thought for a while and got an idea.

 “Do you have the entire day free oppa?” Haneul asked with anticipation.

 “Yes.. I have the entire day for you.. wanna go on a date? It’s been awhile since we have a proper date.” Woohyun asked her. 

 “Sorry oppa, but I need to do some errand in the morning and it will take a while to finish it. How about a dinner?” Woohyun felt a bit disappointed but he can’t complaint because he used to refuse Haneul proposal to go out together. So this time, he is the one who should understand Haneul situation. 

 “It’s okay for me. I’ll pick you at seven? Sound good?” Haneul smiled. At least they can spend some time together even though it’s just a dinner. 

 “Okay.” Haneul said excited with the plan. Woohyun chuckled at her cuteness. 

 “See you tomorrow then.. Take a good rest and I’ll meet you In your dream baby.” Woohyun gave her his cheesy line. Haneul laughed when she heard it. Woohyun never change. He is a greasy ball but that’s what makes her like him so much.

 “ Good night to you too.. Have a nice dream Woohyun oppa.” They hung up the phone call and prepared to sleep. Today is a really long day but at least Haneul has something she anticipated for tomorrow. 

***

 Haneul already stand in front of Myungsoo’s door early in the morning. Myungsoo told her his apartment password so Haneul can freely going in and out without disturbing Myungsoo’s beauty sleep. Haneul punched the password and come in, Myungsoo already wake up and sit comfortably in the couch in front of the television. He watched a morning news program. When he heard the door opened he averted his eyes to the front door direction and saw Haneul come in. He stands up from his seat and walk towards her. 

 “Morning.” He greeted. Haneul smiled at him and greeted him back.

 “You already awake. I thought you are still sleeping.” Haneul made her way to the kitchen. She brought a lot of thing and started to prepare breakfast. Myungsoo followed her around.

 “Well, I’m actually a morning person. I used to prepare breakfast for Sunggyu Hyung because he has a problem waking up in the morning.” Myungsoo explained. He looked over Haneul’s shoulder to look at the groceries she bought. 

 “What are you gonna make for breakfast?” Myungsoo asked curiously.

 “Hmm.. Fried rice! You like it?” Haneul turned her head and surprised because Myungsoo leaned so close to her. She turned her head back with a red face. Myungsoo whose clueless about Haneul expression stayed still in his position. He nodded, liking the idea.

 “What can I help you?” Myungsoo asked. Haneul pushed him away and make a face.

 “What do you mean? You should rest Myungsoo. I can handle it by myself.” Haneul crossed her arm in front of her chest.

 “Well I can help you with one hand though.” Myungsoo argued. He wants to help. Sitting around made him bored.

 “Why don’t you cook it yourself then? I’m here to take care of you and you will listen to me, okay?”  

 “You are no fun at all.” Myungsoo pouted. Haneul chuckled at the sight.

 “It’s okay Myungsoo. I assured you that my cooking skill is good so you don’t need to worry.” Haneul pushed Myungsoo to sit on the chair and continue her cooking. 

 “By the way, Where is Sunggyu oppa?” Haneul asked. She hadn’t seen him since she entered the apartment.

 “I told you. He’s not a morning person.” Myungsoo told her. She knitted her brows. 

 “Shouldn’t you wake him up?” Suddenly they heard the front door opened. Myungsoo walked to the front door to check who is come in even though he can guess it already. Eunji walked in with a smile on her face.

 “Good morning, little brother.” 

 “Good morning noona.” Myungsoo smiled back to her. Eunji’s eyes widen when she saw Myungsoo’s hand.  

 “What happened to your hand Myungsoo-ah?” She asked with worried written all over her face. Myungsoo just shrugged it off.

 “I injured myself yesterday. But I’m okay. It will heal in a few weeks noona.” Myungsoo assured her with a smile.

 “You should rest. Don’t come to work, if you do I’ll be the one drag you out from the building.” Myungsoo laughed and nodded his head.

 “Yes! Maam.” They laughed together. After that, Eunji walked towards the stairs. She was there to drag the prince out of his bed. 

 “Your brother is still in his dreamland, isn’t he?” She shook her head in disbelief. 

 “Yes. You are right noona. And it’s a pain in the to wake him up so I just wait for you to do the job instead. Good luck noona.” Myungsoo make a fighting pose with his left hand and walked back to the kitchen. Haneul looked at him and asked him who was visiting them.

 “It’s Eunji noona. She is here to do the job you asked me just a moment ago.” Myungsoo opened the refrigerator and poured some orange juice to the glass and drink it. He poured some to another glass and offered it to Haneul. 

 “Thanks.” Haneul take the glass and drink the juice. 

 “Eunji eonni is here? That’s why you didn’t bother to wake your brother up?” Myungsoo nodded his head cutely. He continued to watch Haneul making their breakfast.

***

 Eunji barged in to Sunggyu’s room and and put her hand to her waist when she saw Sunggyu still covered with a blanket. He didn’t even budge when she call his name. So she decided to shake his body gently.

 “Oppa, wake up.. You will be late if you are not wake up now.” She said shaking Sunggyu’s body rather violently now.

 “Five more minutes, Jiji-ah.” Sunggyu opened his eyes for a brief moment and close it again. He stirred on his bed. 

 “You need to wake up now oppa.” Eunji insisted. She threw Sunggyu’s blanket and slapped his back. Sunggyu whined in pain and push himself up. But he grabbed Eunji’s hand and pulled Eunji to the bed. He hugged her tightly and continued his sleep.

 “Oppa-yah, what are you doing?” Eunji tried to break free but Sunggyu is stronger than her.

 “Sleep with me. It’s still early in the morning.” Sunggyu didn’t let her go and tighten his hug instead.

 “Oppa-yah, you can’t do this.” Eunji gave up to struggled. Sunggyu opened his eyes and smiled to her. He like teasing her, her expression is cute. 

 “Fine. I’ll wake up, but give me my morning kiss.” Sunggyu puckered his lips and closed his eyes. Eunji blushed but give him a gentle kiss nonetheless. 

 “You called It a kiss? It just a peck.” Sunggyu complained. 

 “it’s a kiss oppa-yah. Stop complai..” Her words was cut by Sunggyu’s lips which pushed against her. Sunggyu her bottom lip asking for an entrance. Eunji widened her eyes but close her eyes eventually. She opened and let Sunggyu explore her wet cavern and her tongue until they can’t breathe. Sunggyu pulled from the kiss and peck her lips gently. 

 “We should stop here. It would be awkward doing it here while Myungsoo is downstairs.” Sunggyu got up from the bed and entered the bathroom leaving Eunji whose face as red as a tomato. 

 After Sunggyu finished showering, he changed to his work attire with Eunji’s help. Eunji help him tied his tie. 

 “Oppa-yah, I met Myungsoo just now and he looked like he is in a good mood. His hand is injured though.” Eunji asked him. Sunggyu caressed her hair gently. 

 “Haneul must be already here.” He answered simply. Eunji frown at him.

 “I didn’t see her though and how that can make Myungsoo’s mood so good?” 

 “I haven’t told you, have I?” Sunggyu touched her cheeks with his hand and make Eunji looked at him. He leaned closer and kiss her lips gently and then whispered to her.

 “I think Myungsoo is in love with Haneul.” 

***

 Sunggyu and Eunji walked down the stairs while holding hands. Myungsoo who saw it made a jealous face. Myungsoo was setting the table for the four of them when they reached the kitchen. Haneul placed the fried rice on a plate and handed it to Myungsoo. 

 “Haneul ah.. I didn’t see you when I came in.” Eunji let go of Sunggyu’s hand and walked towards her best friend and hugged her. Sunggyu pouted his lips and hugged Myungsoo instead. Myungsoo chuckled at his brother cuteness and patted his back. They sat at the dining table and enjoyed their breakfast. After finishing their food, Sunggyu and Eunji walked to the front door and ready to go to work. But before they went out, Eunji looked at Myungsoo and patted his hair gently.

 “Myungsoo ah, nice to meet you again.” She said it with teary eyes. Sunggyu smiled softly at them. They missed this kind of Myungsoo so much.

 “What are you talking about noona? I always here though.” Myungsoo answered her, confused. But then he realized what Eunji mean. He knows that a lot of people really missed his old self so much. He makes a lot of people suffered because of his immaturity. And he also realized that slowly he is changed back to his old self. Myungsoo looked at Haneul with a smile on his face. And he also realized that it’s because of the girl who stands beside him. Myungsoo finally know what he feels towards Haneul. He is falling in love her. Falling so hard to her and he will take the risk this time. He will win her heart even though it means he should steal it from Woohyun. He is certain of one thing. He will never let go of Haneul because he know that he already can’t live without her.

 “Haneul-ah, please take care of Myungsoo.” Sunggyu said to her. Haneul nodded her head.

 “I will oppa, don’t worry.” After that, Sunggyu and Eunji went to work. Haneul and Myungsoo seat at the couch and watch some television programs. Myungsoo suddenly got up from his seat and went to his room. He comes out soon after with a laptop in his hand.

 “What are you doing? You should rest.” Haneul scold him but Myungsoo placed the laptop on the table instead. He opened it and turned it on. He opened a file and shows it to Haneul.

 “It’s my design for the invitation. I designed it last night.” Myungsoo told her. Haneul looked at the design and gasped in awe. Her eyes sparkled with admiration.

 “You design it with only one hand? You are right handed, aren’t you?” She asked still admiring the design. It simple but really elegant like a professional design. 

 “I told you that I’m a genius.” Myungsoo bragged. Haneul looked at him and make a face.

 “Do you like it?” Myungsoo added. Haneul nodded excitedly.

 “And I’m sure Sunggyu oppa and Eunji eonni will like it so much.”

 “Good to hear that.” Myungsoo than closed the laptop. After that they talked about the preparation of the wedding. They make a concept for the reception. They decided to hold two receptions. One for the business related guests and the other one for close family and friends. 

They spent the day talking to each other. They have a lot of thing in common so they didn’t runs out of topics. Haneul make him a lunch and they eat together. After a while Haneul decided it’s time for her to went back home. She needs to prepare herself for the dinner with Woohyun. 

 “Myungsoo-ah, I will go back. I already make a dinner for you and Sunggyu oppa. You can heat it when you want to eat it.” Haneul said while she grabbed her bag. 

 “What? You didn’t stay for the dinner?” Myungsoo looked so disappointed. He thought Haneul will stay for dinner. It’s fun spending the day with her.

 “I’m sorry Myungsoo-ah. I had a promise with Woohyun oppa.” She explained to him but it only makes Myungsoo more disappointed. But he let her go because he didn’t have a reason to hold her back.

 “Bye Myungsoo, See you tomorrow.” Haneul wave her hand and walked out from the apartment.

  Myungsoo stayed still and drop himself on the couch. He need to do something to make Haneul look at him and leave Woohyun behind. 

***

 Haneul got home and start to get ready for the dinner. She cleaned herself and chooses a nice dress to wear. Actually she preferred to have a dinner at Woohyun’s house or her house. It more comfortable that way but Woohyun already made a reservation at a restaurant so she can’t help but agreed. She waits for Woohyun to pick her up and not long after, the doorbell ring. She opened the door and saw Woohyun in a suit. He looked so handsome that way. He handed her a bouquet of flowers.

 “You looks so beautiful, baby.” He kisses her forehead and intertwined their fingers together. 

 “You looks so handsome too, oppa.” She smiled to him. Woohyun led her to the car and opened the door for her. After that he drove to the restaurant. All the way to the restaurant they stayed silent. Even though they can talk normally on the phone but when they meet each other they can’t help but to feel a bit awkward. They hadn’t met in quite long time. The only time they met was when Haneul accompanied Myungsoo to the hospital. They arrived at the restaurant and were greeted by the waiter. He led them to their table and they made an order. While waiting for the foods, Woohyun decided to break the silence.

 “How are you?” He asked with a gentle voice. Haneul smiled to him and said that she is alright.

 “How about you oppa? You are getting busier than ever.” She .

 “I’m sorry, I can’t spend a lot of time with you.” He said with a puppy eyes. Haneul chuckled and just let him off this time. The foods arrived and they start to dig in. After they finished the main course, the disserts arrived and they are involved in a light conversation. They talked about the time when they can’t meet. They are trying to catch up with each other until Woohyun grabbed Haneul’s hand and caresses it gently.

 “Haneul-ah, I know that I’m getting busier this day but you know that I love you so much right?” Woohyun looked at Haneul deeply. 

 “I know oppa. But you can always make some time for me. I know that you always accepted your friend request to replace them when they had a problem.” Haneul start to complained. She actually didn’t want to be this annoying but she has her limit too. It’s okay if it’s really Woohyun’s schedule but some time it’s not. Woohyun is too kind so a lot of his friends would asked him to replace them whenever they want a day off but Woohyun never said no to that when he actually can.

 “I’m sorry I can’t decline their request and I like to work at the hospital.” He makes an excuse. Haneul sigh and feels so disappointed but she know it’s her consequences for dating a busy doctor like Woohyun. Haneul also promised him that she will patient with his busy schedule. But is it wrong to feel lonely when Woohyun never called her when they can’t meet? She knows that he is busy but can’t he call her when he has a free time or a break time? She started to have a doubt towards their relationship. Woohyun never made an effort to spend more time with her. 

 “Haneul, listen.” Haneul looked up at Woohyun. Woohyun took out something from his pocket. It’s a ring box. Haneul gasped in disbelief. Is It what Haneul thought it would be?

 “Haneul ah, please marry me.” Woohyun asked her sincerely. He opened the box and handed it to Haneul.

 “I know that I’m busy but if we get married we can meet more often. When I’m back from worked you will be there waiting for me and we can spend more time together.” Actually Woohyun want to proposed in a cheesy way but because he saw how sad Haneul after their conversation, he decided to proposed in a serious way. Haneul looked at him with teary eyes and without realizing it her tears fall down to her cheeks. Woohyun leaned closer and wiped her tears with his thumb. Haneul nodded her head in agreement. Maybe marriage is the answer for their problem and maybe they still can fix this relationship. Haneul really hope after they get married everything will get better and the emptiness in her heart will disappeared. Woohyun hugged her and they stayed at those position for a quite long time. 

To be continued

 

 

Hiii~~ I’m back.. Sorry for the late update. My schedule is quite busy this days but I have a holiday right now so I can update this story. What do you think about this chapter? Did I move too fast? Or is it too slower? The angsty chapter will up soon *evil laugh*

And I want to ask you my readers, do you prefer an M story (with explicit in it) or a regular one (without at all)? I’m contemplating to make a scene or not and whether I need to remove the M mark or not. So please enlighten me with your comment and thanks for the new subscribers and readers. I love you all <3<3<3<3