Target Locked

Target Locked

Knock! Knock!

“Gui Gui, I’m coming in” Wang Zi said and walks in to find the room empty. He drops the flowers he brought and quickly ran out of the room.

“Sorry, did you see the patient in room 304?” Wang Zi ask a passing nurse.

“Sorry, I didn't” she said and walks away.

Wang Zi then ran off to find Gui Gui.

~

“Gui Gui, I don't think that I can let you go now” George said as he took Gui Gui out for some air.

Gui Gui laughs, “What are you talking about?”

“I'm serious” he said making Gui Gui's smile disappeared.

“I had tried so hard to forget you but I still can't. After seeing you like this...I don't want to let you go anymore, not to Aaron or to any other guys. Although I know I can't protect you yet, I will-”

“Are you sure it's not pity?” Gui Gui cuts him off. “You said that after seeing me like this you don't want to let me go anymore, so are you sure it's not pity?”

“I'm sure” he quickly answers.

Gui Gui smile again, “I don't think so, you should give yourself some more time, I don't want you to hurt yourself again.”

'But I really do still love you,' George thought looking at her.

“Thank goodness you're okay” Wang Zi said breathless as he hugs Gui Gui the moment he found her.

“What's wrong with boys lately?” Gui Gui said and laugh. “Why are you two so weird?”

“How can you laugh? I was so worried!” Wang Zi said mad.

“Why would you be worried? I’m fine, I just came out for some air with George.”

“Well next time tell me, I’ll take you” he said.

“Okay” she simply replied. “Let's go in now, we've been out here for quite I while now” she said to George.

“Okay” George said and got up about to push her wheel chair but Wang Zi quickly grabs the handles.

“I can do it” he said and wheels Gui Gui away.

“Wang Zi, do you know where Ya Tou went today?” Gui Gui ask Wang Zi as they head into the hospital from the garden.

“No, I don't, she didn't tell me” he replied clueless.

“She went to see her to be fiance” Gui Gui told him.

“Huh? Ya Tou did?”

“Um. I think after meeting this time they're going to get marry.”

“Isn't that good news?” he said still clueless.

“If you say so” she said getting mad for not getting her clues.

As they got closer to the room Gui Gui said Aaron standing by the door waiting.

“That B*s-”

“It's okay” Gui Gui said, “Keeping going.”

Aaron saw them and quickly stood up straight.

“What are you doing here?” Gui Gui ask.

“Isn't it obvious?” Aaron replied. “Let's talk.”

“Why? There's nothing to talk about, if you want to talk about your mom, that's between your mom and me, if you want to talk about the party, I didn't know that I was going to go there in the first place, so I won't apologize for causing scene. If you want to talk about the miscarriage it's not your fault so there's no need for you to talk responsibility, clear?” Gui Gui said to him.

“Alright, since it looks like you're not ready to see me again yet, I’ll come back another day” he said and began to walk away.

“Please don't come back, I don't want to see you again” Gui Gui said as he walks pass her.

“Let's go” Gui Gui said indicating her room. “I'm getting discharge tomorrow right?”

“Yes, I’ll come pick you up at noon,” Wang Zi said.

“Mm.”

“Gui Gui, I got to go” George said entering the room behind them.

“Okay, go home safely” Gui Gui said with a smile.

“Okay, see you tomorrow” he said and left.

After a few minutes they heard a knock at the door.

“Come in” Wang Zi said while being cautious.

Gui Gui heard the clicking noise from the heels tapping the floor came closer and closer to her. She was shocked to see who came and visit her.

“Gui Gui, you know her?” Wang Zi ask.

“Yes, can you give us some room?” Gui Gui ask.

Wang Zi looks at the unfamiliar girl, “If you need anything call me, I’m right outside the door,” he told Gui Gui and left the room closing the door behind him.

“Please...Have a seat” Gui Gui said pointing the the chair beside her bed.

Hebe walks towards her and sat down. “Here, I don't know what kind of flowers you like, so I got fruits instead, I hope it's okay” she said handing Gui Gui a basket of fruits.

“Thank you” she said taking the basket, “You really didn't have to” Gui Gui said and sets it on the counter beside her bed.

“Sorry for the sudden show up” Hebe began after an awkward silence.

“No, it's fine, you're welcomed to come” Gui Gui said nervous.

“I came to visit you, and I came to talk to you about Aaron and us.”

Gui Gui didn't say anything.

“I like Aaron, I liked him since the first day I saw his picture and was introduced to him” Hebe smiled thinking about it. “But of course I know my like to him can't compare to your love to him” she said and looks at Gui Gui. “Although I knew he thinks about someone else whenever he's with me, and although I knew his heart couldn't accept me, I was greedy and didn't care about his feelings. At first I was really determined that I was going to fight for him, I thought that a mafia girl could never bring him happiness, but after seeing you, I lost all my confidence, you're different from what I’ve imagined. I’ve heard many bad things about you, but I guess I shouldn't have judge from those gossips...”

Hebe suddenly became quiet.

“What I’m trying to say is, I hope that you won't give up on Aaron. This engagement, I’ll call it off.”

“Why?” Gui Gui said shocked. “You guys just got engaged yesterday.

“Aaron came and see me yesterday night.”

-Flash Back-

“Please go back” Hebe said after seeing Aaron in her living room.

“No, I won't go until you hear me out” Aaron said.

Hebe felt her heart trembling.. She didn't want to listen to what Aaron have to say, because she knew what he was going to say already.

Hebe ignores him and began to walk back up the stairs.

“Do you still want to be with me? Do you still want to marry me?”

“Of course” Hebe said as she quickly turns around.

“Then, will you accept me loving another lady? Can you live with a man who has another girl in his heart? Will you be able to bear this?”

-End of flash back-

“I thought about it for a long time last night, and I think I can't accept that. I can't accept the fact that the man I like is yearning for another girl. That's just too painful” Hebe said as tears began rolling down her face.

“So, please don't give up on Aaron, because I will end this mess between me and him,” Hebe said wiping her tears.

'She is truly an angel.' Gui Gui thought as she looks at Hebe.

After a long chat Hebe left and shortly after so did Wang Zi. Gui Gui finally got the time to herself. She stayed up all night thinking about everything to herself.