Target Locked

Target Locked

Before she knew it the week flew by.

-Day before eating out with Mrs. Yan-

Although she was still hurt, Gui Gui felt her heart beating like crazy as she walk towards the restaurant where she's suppose to meet Aaron. She hasn't see him in a long time so she felt excitedly happy yet she felt scared. She was scared to hear what he was going to say to her.

Gui Gui stops for a few seconds before entering the restaurant. She immediately spotted Aaron and walks over.

Aaron immediately smiled and got up once he saw her.

Once she reached him he hugged her.

“I miss you so much” he said holding her tightly.

'Really?' she thought as she felt tears already ready to come but she held them back.

“Aaron, people are watching” she said embarrassed, yet she doesn't want him to let go too.

“Let them watch” he said, but finally pulls away.

“How are you?” Aaron ask after they sat down. “You look so pretty today” he smiled at her.

Gui Gui forced a smile, “Thanks, I’m doing good. You?”

Aaron didn't reply. “Let's order first” he said changing the subject.

Gui Gui pulls up the menu to hide her face.

“What do you want?” he ask her.

“Anything you want” she replied.

“What are you doing?” Aaron said as he pulls down the menu. “We haven't see each other in a long time, but you're hiding your face from me.”

Gui Gui wants to look at him too, but every time she does her heart hurts.

“What do you want?” she ask him. “I'll get the same thing as you.”

“Okay” he said and ordered.

~

It was very quiet while they eat. Both of them didn't speak at all.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said breaking the silence as he sets his fork down and looks at her.

'Here it comes' she thought as she sets her fork down too, but avoid his eyes.

“Gui Gui look at me” he told her.

She slowly turns her gaze to him.

She saw him swallow, “I'm sorry” he said as their eyes immediately meet.

“For what?” she looks away and continue to eat pretending that she doesn't know what he was going to tell her.

“Loving you” he said.

Gui Gui paused and then continues to eat. “Who you love is something that I can't control, why are you sorry for that?”

“I'm sorry for loving you, I’m also sorry for making you love me as well.”

“I don't understand, if you don't say it specifically I won't understand.”

“Let's break up.”

'It came out,' she thought as she felt her heart stopped for a few seconds.

Gui Gui puts her fork down.

“Alright,” she said and looks up at Aaron.

Hearing a quick answer from her made Aaron shocked.

“From the beginning it was I who told you that you can end our relationship when you want to, so if you want to end it, let's end it here.”

“You don't want to hear the reason?” Aaron ask.

“There's no need, I think that if I know, I won't be able to bear with this break up” she said as tears blur her sight. “And there's no need to be sorry, I should be the one thanking you for letting me feel love again. Well then,” she said and got up. “For breaking up with me you'll pay tonight, I hope you will live well” she said and walks towards the exit.

As she walks away she was hopping that Aaron will come and stop her, but he didn't.

'Why can't rain be something that wash away pain?' she thought as she walks home in the rain.

Shortly after Gui Gui left Aaron did too.

“It's raining out, please drive home carefully” the waiter said to Aaron as he leaves.

“What? It's raining?” Aaron ask surprised.

“Yes.”

Aaron quickly ran out of the restaurant and looks around.

'She didn't walk home did she?' he thought worriedly. He got into his car and drove off.

~

“Gui Gui! Why are you soaked?!” Ya Tou ask as Gui Gui walks into the house drenched in the rain.

“I feel so refreshed now” she smiled at Ya Tou and immediately collapse, but Ya Tou quickly caught her.

“Gui Gui! Gui Gui! Wake up! Wang Zi! Wang Zi!”

- - - - -

“You're awake?” Ya Tou said surprised as she returned to Gui Gui's room with some medicine.

“Mmm” Gui Gui said and got up.

“What are you doing? You should get some more rest, you have a very high fever” Ya Tou said pushing Gui Gui back in bed.

“I can't” Gui Gui said. “I need to meet up with Mrs. Yan.”

“But you're not well, you look so pale, you should just cancel it.”

“It's okay, I’m feeling better already, and I can always cover my pale skin with make up. And the faster I meet up with her fast the faster I get it over with so that I can get their family off my hands.”

“But-”

“I'll be fine, can you help me get dress?”

“Okay” Ya Tou replied.

Like Mrs. Yan said exactly at noon her driver came to pick Gui Gui up. And like she was told Gui Gui wore dress and accessories that Mrs. Yan bought for her.

Before leaving Gui Gui took the medicine that Ya Tou gave her and left.

“I'm sorry, but where are we going?” Gui Gui ask the driver.

“You'll know when we get there” he told her.

And so Gui Gui looks out the window and wait patient to arrive at her destination.

“We're here” Gui Gui heard the driver told her as they pull up into a five star hotel.

“I'm meeting Mrs. Yan here?” Gui Gui asked surprised.

“Yes” he said and got out. He quickly went around the car and opens the door for her. “This way please” he said and leads the way.

“Please wait here, I’ll come and get you when it's time” he said as he left her in a room.

Before Gui Gui could ask any other question he closed the door.

“Why is she like this?” she ask herself. 'She want us to meet yet, she makes me wait.'

Gui Gui walks towards a chair and sat down as she began to feel dizzy. She waited for 30 minutes before the driver came and get her.

“We can go now” he said and leads the way again.

Gui Gui follows him obediently. As they pass the restaurant she began to feel something strange.

“This way” the driver turns back around to make sure Gui Gui was still behind him. “In here” he said as they stood in front of two big doors. He opens up the door and lets her in first.

Gui Gui looks around the room that's filled with fromally dressed people. Her eyes move towards the stage and saw Aaron sitting at the table, beside him was the girl she saw last week, and on the other side of Aaron she saw his mother with a big smile.

Gui Gui watch as Aaron slowly puts the ring into the girl's ring finger, and as she puts the ring into his.

Everyone began to clap as they finished putting on the rings.

Gui Gui's eyes began to water.

“What's this?” she ask the driver beside her.

“Young Master, and Ms. Tian's engagement” he replies.

“I knew this was too good to be true” she lets out a small laugh as she looks at the happy Mrs. Yan.

“Gui Gui? What are you doing here?” Jiro ask as he saw her.

“Jiro?”

“I'm here too” Calvin said from behind Jiro with a big smile.

She smile at them, but she couldn't hide her sadness.

“It's been a long time, how are you?” Calvin ask.

“What do you think?” she ask instead of answering.

“I can't even imagine” he answer.

“Me too" she agreed.

“But seriously, why are you here?” Jiro ask.

“Someone invited me” Gui Gui said looking at Mrs. Yan.

Mrs. Yan spotted her and got off the stage. Aaron noticed his mother leaving and watched her walk towards a familiar face.

“You came” Mrs. Yan said with a smile. “Calvin, Jiro,” she smiled at them.

“Hi, Mrs. Yan,” they replied.

“So, this is what you wanted to show me from the very start huh?” Gui Gui said to her. Her stomach then suddenly started to ache.

“That's right, wouldn't you find it weird why would I become nice to you out of the blue?” she continues to smile. “You saw it right? You wouldn't want to tarnish your name would you? A girl who still's other ladies man....He's now another woman's man, so leave him.” her smiled disappears.

“Don't worry, even if you pay me all the money that you have, I won't even see him. He already ended things with me yesterday, so you don't need to worry anymore,” she told Mrs. Yan as she felt her tears drop uncontrollably.

“Gui Gui” she heard Aaron called her. “How did you get here? Why are you here?”

She wipes her tears away and forced a smile at Aaron.

“Congratulation, you're moving faster that I had expected,” she said after a deep breath. She looks at Aaron's fiance and smiled at her. “I hope for you guys to have the best” she said and turns her gaze to Aaron. “And sorry for the uninvited guess, I’ll be leaving now” she said and turns around.

“Where are you going? You look so pale,” he said unconsciously holding her back by grabbing onto her arm. “I was looking for you all night. Did you walk home in the rain?” he said and touched her forehead.

Gui Gui quickly pushed his hand away. “Don't do this, your fiance is watching” Gui Gui said.

Aaron slowly pulls his arm back. She pushed the door open and felt the pain from her stomach ache more.

“Aaron let's go” Mrs. Yan said pulling Aaron's arm moving him from Gui Gui. Hebe came beside him and took his arm leading him back towards the crowd.

“Ahhhhhhh~” Gui Gui sat down on the ground and held her stomach in pain.

“Gui Gui! Gui Gui!” Jiro and Calvin quickly rushed to her side.

Aaron heard them and quickly turns around.

“Gui Gui!” he said and ran back towards her.

Right when Aaron held her she fainted from the unbearable pain.

“Wu Ying Jie, what are you doing? Are you an actress? Get up right now” Mrs. Yan said very angry at the unconscious girl.

“Oh my god, blood” Jiro said shocked.

Aaron looked at the legs where he looked and also saw blood.

“Gui Gui, hold on” Aaron said and picks her up.

“Aaron, what are you doing?!” Mrs. Yan said extremely angry now. “Your fiance watching and this is your party others are watching too.”

Aaron looks at Hebe then back at his mother.

“If you didn't bring her here then this wouldn't have happen,” he said and looks back at Hebe, “I'm sorry” he said and ran out of the party room.