Target Locked

Target Locked

“Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?” Ya Tou ask as she watch Gui Gui got out of the car.

“Mm, I’ll call you when I’m done” Gui Gui smiled at Gui Gui before closing the door.

“Be careful” Ya Tou said to Gui Gui as she rolls down the window.

Gui Gui nods at Ya Tou and walks towards the tall, big building.

She walks to the front desk and talked with the ladies there, they made a quick phone call and told her to go up to the top floor.

As Gui Gui went up the elevator she felt her heart beating really fast, she was extremely nervous.

Ding!

Gui Gui walks out of the elevator right before the door closes. She took a deep breath and walks towards the President's office.

“Hello” a lady in her early 40's greeted Gui Gui. “Please have a seat” the lady said as she got up from the desk.

Gui Gui obediently followed her instructions.

The lady came to sit across from Gui Gui. She keeps on staring and smiling at Gui Gui until the assistant came with their drinks and left.

“So you must be Ying Jie” the lady said after she took a sip of the tea.

“Yes” Gui Gui replied. “Nice to meet you.”

“You're really pretty, no wonder my son fell in love with you” she smiled at Gui Gui.

“Thank you” Gui Gui said not knowing what else to say.

“Why are you so nervous? Relax” she said as she set her tea up down.

Gui Gui looks at her and smiled nervously.

~

“You probably know why I called you here right?” Mrs. Yan said to Gui Gui.

“I'm sorry, but I don't” Gui Gui replies.

“Then let's get to the point” Mrs. Yan said. “I want you to let go of my son” she told Gui Gui making her immediately look at Mrs. Yan. “I know you and Aaron are dating, but I’m sorry I can't accept you.”

Gui Gui looks at her speechless.

“I'm not telling you this because I don't like you, but because I want it to be the best for you and for Aaron. I did a little research on you, and found your background, I don't Aaron's life to be endanger because of the girl he's seeing. Ying Jie, please understand, you're also a lady, and one day you'll become a mother, and you'll understand and you'll know why I’m telling this to you and breaking you and Aaron apart. I’m only doing what's best for my child. I also hope that you'll do what's best for Aaron too, because you love him.”

She took another sip of her tea and looks back at Gui Gui.

“Please leave him because you love him, please leave him because you want the best for him” she said to her.

Gui Gui smiled at Mrs. Yan holding back her tears, “I...I'm sorry, but I can't leave Aaron, because I love Aaron, I’m going to keep him by my side, and I’m going to be there when he needs me. Because I love Aaron I will not leave him and hurt him” Gui Gui said and got up.

“Is it because of money?” Mrs. Yan's face turns dark. She got up and walks to her desk, she grabs the tall paper bag on the desk and walks back to Gui Gui. She threw the paper bag on the table.

“Is it not enough? How much do you want?”

Gui Gui felt her tears on the edge of her eyes.

“I'm very disappointed in you” Gui Gui said and looks up at Mrs. Yan. “I'm sorry, but Aaron is not someone that you can buy or sell, and our love is priceless, please excuse me now,” she said and left the room with out another word.

~

Gui Gui thought about what happened as she went down the elevator as her tears rolls down her face.

Ding!

Just as Gui Gui was about to get out she felt her bag missing.

'Ah~I forgot it' she thought to herself recalling where she sat her bag in the President's office.

She closed the elevator and went back up, little that she knows Aaron was just one step ahead of her in the elevator beside hers.

Gui Gui wipes her tears and took a deep breath, she was going to face Mrs. Yan again sooner than she thought she would.

Gui Gui slowly walks back to the President's office and noticed that the assistant wasn't there, she looks around and head towards the main office as she noticed that it would be okay.

Just as she was about to knock she heard Aaron's voice.

“Why did you call me?” he said coldly.

“Why you ask? Can't a mother who hasn't seen her son in 2 years call him to see him?”

Aaron looks away from her.

“Just get to the point.”

“Why? Why are you being so cold to your mother?”

“You should know the answer already.”

“Are you mad because your dad and I left you home?”

Aaron didn't reply.

"Stop stalling time.”

Gui Gui heard Mrs. Yan laugh, “You still know your mother well, alright then, I’ll tell you straight forwardly,” she said as she hands Aaron a folder.

Aaron opens the folder and saw a picture of a very beautiful girl, and her information.

“I want you to break up with Ying Jie and marry Tian Hebe” Mrs. Yan said after watching Aaron read the girl's information.

“What?” Aaron said shocked. “No way, if this is why you called me here, then I’m leaving” he said and got up.

“Why?” his mother said and stopped him. “Ying Jie is from a Mafia family, don't you know how dangerous it is? You can die any second once you're involved with her. And I won't accept her. Aaron, Hebe is the best girl you can find, she's very talented music, and very smart too. Listen to mom, okay?” Mrs. Yan said as she got up and walks in front of Aaron.

“How did you know about Gui Gui?”

“Gui Gui?”

“Ying Jie,” he said and a bag on the sofa caught his eyes. “You called her here?” he said angrily.

“Of course, that's the only way I could meet her, and there's nothing that I can't find out about” she looks at him.

“What did you say to her?” he raises his voice.

“Not much, I just told her what I told you,” she replies calmly.

“Still, there' s no way that I will leave Gui Gui because you ask me to, you don't know what I went through for me to be with her,” he said and walks towards the door.

“I didn't want to tell you this, but Aaron, the company is failing” she said stopping Aaron from turning the door knob. “And your dad is sick, you're our only hope left.”

“What...what did you say?” Aaron said as he turns around and slowly walk back towards his mother.

“Please marry Hebe, so that they can save our company” his mother cries in front of him.

Aaron was speechless, he couldn't say anything.

After a long silence Gui Gui slowly opens the door to see what's happening in side. She saw Aaron's back and saw his mother kneeling in front of him.

“Aaron, I beg you” she said as tears ran down her face.

Gui Gui felt her cheeks wet again, her heart ache as she watches them. Gui Gui turns around and left the building.