Target Locked

Target Locked

Gui Gui woke up in sweat. She felt a wet towel on the top of her forehead and two blankets over her. She looks to see who was the owner of the hand holding hers was and saw George asleep with his head down on the bed beside her. She then looks around the room and noticed that she was in the hospital.

Gui Gui reached for the towel on her forehead and took it off. She slowly sat up trying not to wake up George. Gui Gui got off the bed and went to change into her dried clothes that she found on the table. When she got out of the bathroom she grabbed her bag and was about to leave but she suddenly stopped. She turns back to look at George. Gui Gui walks back towards the bed and took one of the blanket to cover him. She leans down by his face and started at him.

She wanted to touch his face but she stopped herself. Looking at his face brought tears to her eyes, so she turns around to leave but George got up and hugged her from behind.

“Don't leave” she heard him whispered.

“You weren't asleep?” Gui Gui said as her body was all tensed up from his sudden hug.

“I woke up when you were in the bathroom.”

Gui Gui relaxed her shoulders and began to pull apart George’s hand around her waist so that she can leave, but he suddenly tightens his grip.

“Don't leave me again” he said holding her tightly. “No, you can't leave me. You left me without a word, did you know how miserable I was? I waited for you to come visit me in the hospital everyday, but you never came. I so was lonely staying in the hospital for half a year. How long has it been since that day?” Gui Gui felt her shoulder become wet. “My heart is aching so much right now. Did you not love me? Did you not miss-”

“Stop” Gui Gui cuts him off. “Don't say anymore” she said as tears began to roll down her cheeks too. “Don't say anymore” she repeats.

“Why did you betray me?” he ask as he leans his head down on her shoulder holding her tightly against his body.

“I didn't betray you” Gui Gui said. “My feelings were true. I love you, I love you so much but-”

George turns her around and kissed her.

“Don't say anymore” he whispers as he pulled away from her. “All I want to hear are these three words from you,” he said and kisses her again.

Gui Gui didn't pull back, nor pushed him away, because like him, she misses him dearly too. The feelings that she tried so hard to bury deep down in her heart where coming back.

“Hurry! Why are you so slow!”

They heard the door opened.

“Gui-”

Gui Gui pulled away from George as soon as she heard Xiao Xun's voice.

“Ge...What are you two doing?” Xiao Xun ask.

“Xiao Xun” George said shocked.

Gui Gui turns around to look at Xiao Xun and was surprised to see Aaron standing by the door breathless.

“Ge, why aren't you saying anything?” Xiao Xun raised her voice.

“Xiao Xun, it's-”

“I didn't ask you” Xiao Xun snaps at Gui Gui.

Gui Gui looks at Aaron who looks away from her once their eyes met.

“I can't believe you two would do something like this” Xiao Xun said angrily. “Especially you Gui Gui” Xiao Xun said disappointed.

Aaron turns around to leave but Gui Gui quickly stopped him.

“Don't leave” she said.

“Gui Gui why are you doing this?” Xiao Xun said mad. “After cheating on Aaron with my brother how can you stop him like that?! And what's worst is that we witnessed it.”

Gui Gui lets go of Aaron's hand and smiled making them all confused.

“I took another wrong step” Gui Gui said quietly to herself. She sigh, and looks at them all.

“I know what I just did was wrong, but I stopped him because I have something to tell you guys” she said. “Telling you all at once, will make life easier for me.”

They all looked at her not knowing what she was going to tell them.

“Gui Gui, if you don't want to tell us, then don't force yourself,” Aaron finally spoke.

“I'm not forcing myself, this is something that I want to get off my chest” she smiled at him. “George, Xiao Xun, Aaron, sorry for lying to you all during the time we know each other. Today I will tell you three who I really am,” she said and puts her bag down.

She slowly lifts up the left side of her shirt. “See this” she said indicating a red dragon tattoo on her left hip.

“That's...”

“That's right” Gui Gui cuts off Xiao Xun who's shocked as soon as she saw the tattoo. “This is who I really am, I’m the oldest daughter of the Red Dragon Mafia group” she said looking at their changed expressions.

“Xiao Xun, I am the reason why George was hospitalized for half a year” Gui Gui said as she looks at Xiao Xun.

“So...so you were Ge's ex-girlfriend?”

“Um” she said as she lowered her shirt.

“She's right, but it wasn't her fault” they heard someone else said as he enters the room. “It wasn't her fault, it was something that we can't stop from happening.”

“Wang Zi” Gui Gui said surprised.