Target Locked

Target Locked

As Gui Gui was drying her hair she heard knockings at the door. She turns off the hair dryer and sets it on the table.

“Come in” she said.

The door opens and she turns around to see who it was.

“Gui Gui!” the girl said and ran to hug Gui Gui.

“Ya Tou?”

Ya Tou is Gui Gui's childhood friend, best friend and is the daughter of her dad's friend's daughter, so Ya Tou is also in a gang. Ya Tou is also a friend who Gui Gui can tell anything she wants to. They've been together forever until Gui Gui went to America.

“Why are you here?” Gui Gui ask confused.

“What do you mean why am I here? I came to see you of course! I heard from Wang Zi that you're back so I immediately came to see you!” she said happily. “So how are you? You look like you've lost a lot of weight.”

“I'm doing fine, kind of glad that I’m back home” she smiled at Ya Tou.

Ya Tou gave her a 'You're hiding something' look.

“Spill it” she said to Gui Gui.

Gui Gui laughed, “You got me, always fast and sharp at catch something.”

“You know me” Ya Tou smiles agreeing with Gui Gui. “Eh? What's this?” Ya Tou points to the mark that Aaron gave Gui Gui.

She quickly covers it. “It's a secret” she smiled at Ya Tou.

“Oh~! A secret?! Makes me more curious! Tell me! Tell me!”

“Only if you tell me why you're wearing a necklace with a ring on it.”

Ya Tou touches the ring on her necklace, “Deal!”

They walked to her bed and Gui Gui chatted away about everything that happened.

- - - - - - - - -

“Aaron! Why are you here? You haven't been going to school the past few days, did something happen between you and the rude girl?” Jiro ask as the trio found Aaron sitting alone in the club one evening.

“I came to refresh my mind” he replied not looking at them.

“Something's not right, are you feeling down because of your love life?” Calvin ask as he sat down.

“Must be, I haven't seen her at school lately too,” Chun said.

“Things happens” he said and looks at hem. “So, why are you guys here today?”

“Hey, don't change the subject like that. Why won't you tell us? Aren't we your friends?” Jiro ask.

Aaron looks down at his hand that are on the table then he looks back at them.

“Don't be shock once you hear this” he said to them with a serious face.

“Is it that serious?” Calvin said as they all got interested.

~

“Wow, after hearing everything...that is pretty serious” Calvin said as he looks at his glass of beer.

“No wonder she was the way she was” Jiro said. “Mean, cold, and rude.”

“So she was mean, cold, and rude to make people stay away from her...it wasn't that she didn't want friends but she didn't make friends because she didn't want to put them into danger. I get it now, it was her way of protecting others around her,” Chun summed up Gui Gui's attitude.

“I recently figured that out too” Aaron said. “After knowing who she really is I hate her so much, but because of her kindness I love her so much more” he softly.

“It seems like she had a rough time here” Jiro said regretting talking about her badly. “And I didn't make it anymore easier for her.”

“Aaron, what are you going to do?” Chun ask him.

“Wait for her,” he replied. “Because that's all I can do now.”

“Then what are you going do to about that George guy? Her ex-boyfriend?” Calvin ask.

“Nothing, because the things between him and her, is their own problem, I don't have the right to interfere even if I’m her current boyfriend.”

“Okay, but whatever you do just don't hurt yourself, and think twice before doing something” Chun told him.

And so they continue to drink and hangout with Aaron until he was totally knocked out.

“Thank you for bringing him home three Xiao Ye,” a maid thanked the three boys as she walked them out of the house. She bid them good bye and closed the door. The maid then went back to her room.

Aaron opens his eyes and felt it coming up. He quickly got up and ran into the bathroom. After vomiting he flushed the toilet and sat on the ground leaning against the wall. He took out his phone and looks at the screen saver, it was a picture that he secretly took of Gui Gui when she was taking a nap. He touches her face on the screen with his thumb and felt his eyes began to water.

“I love you” he said as tears ran down his cheeks.

~

A few days later Aaron returned to school and waited for Gui Gui's return, but one day went by, two days, then three, then soon a month passed by.

“Who's that?” students talked to one another as a black car pulls up in front of their school.

They saw Wang Zi got out of the passenger seat and began to squeal excitedly. Wang Zi opens the door behind the passenger door and Gui Gui got out shocking everyone. Ya Tou then got out on the other side of the car.

They closed the door and the car dove away. Wang Zi and Ya Tou then went to stand behind Gui Gui who leads them into the school.

“Hey look, is there a new student?” Jiro said as he saw the crowd looking through the music room's window.

“No way, if there was then we should have been the first one the hear about it” Calvin said as he walks over to take a look.

“Gui Gui?!” they both said as they saw her walking out of the crowd with two people behind her.

Aaron quickly got up and ran to the window to take a look too. Once he got a glance of her he quickly ran out of the room.

The trios quickly follows him.

Gui Gui stops walking once she saw the breathless Aaron walking towards her.

Wang Zi was about stop him from approaching her but she lifts up her hand to stop him.

Aaron continues to walk towards her and pulls her into his arms.

Wang Zi saw it coming and looks away. Ya Tou looks at him and frowns.

“We'll give you 30 minutes” Ya Tou said to Aaron.

“Thank you” he told her and grabs Gui Gui's hand. He then leads her to the roof top.

As they walk to the roof top they quickly walk pass students, and two of the students that they passed where George and Xiao Xun, but Aaron was in such a hurry that they didn't noticed the two watching them pass by.