Target Locked

Target Locked


“Oh~why is it locked?” Gui Gui heard a guy said as he touches the chain on the door.

“How are we suppose to put these rackets in there now?” a different guy said.

Gui Gui immediately got up and made the door shook.

“AHHHHH!!!!!! Ghost!” they yelled.

“Wait!” Gui Gui yelled.

“A female ghost!” she heard them yell from a farther distance.

They already ran away.

Gui Gui sigh and sat back down, hoping that they would only come back.

- - - - - - - -

-2 Hours later-

“Dude, why are you so down?” Calvin ask Aaron as they were hanging out at a famous bar in the city.

“Dude, stop worrying about that girl, she'll be fine!” Jiro said to Aaron. “She's so tough, she'll be fine!”

“I know she's tough, but she's still a girl. And I just have this bad feeling....I don't know why I have it, but I feel like something is wrong.”

“Drink a little, it'll calm you down” Chun hands him a glass of beer.

Aaron took a sip and got up.

“I'm going to the restroom” he said and left their table.

“That boy is crazy!” Jiro said as Aaron disappeared. “He's too head over heels for her.”

“Let him be” Chun said.

~

As Aaron walked to the bathroom he meet some friends from their college.

“Hey man” the others guy said to Aaron and shook his hand one by one.

“Hey” Aaron replied.

“Came to party?” one of them ask him.

“Yeah. Came to find girls?” Aaron ask him with a smile.

“What else?” the guy replied with a big smile.

They walked into the bathroom and did their business.

As Aaron was washing his hands another classmate from college walks in.

“Dude!” the guy said to the other classmates.

“You wouldn't believe this!” he said loudly.

“Why what happened?” the guys ask him as Aaron was eavesdropping.

“This afternoon, coach as me and Kevin to put some old rackets into the old storage room, and so when we got to the storage room, we found it locked with a chain around the doors. Then as we were talking the door shook!” he said and scared the guys.

“Hey man, don't just make up stuff” one of the guys said to him.

“I'm not! Even ask Kevin! After we got freaked out we when heard a female girl telling us to wait! We got scared and ran off without putting the rackets in the storage. It's still by the door. Now those rumors aren't just rumors anymore, it's really true! The old storage room is really haunted. I guess that one story about that one girl killing herself in that room is true.”

“That's freaky as H*LL!” they said as they walked out of the restroom.

Aaron followed them out and took out his phone. He scrolled down his list and stopped at a number.

“Hello? Hi Lilly, can you help me find Principal's Qiu's number? Thanks.”

After a few minutes Aaron called the principal. Aaron took 5 minutes to convince the principal in giving him Gui Gui's number. Aaron thanked the principal and hang up the phone.

He walked back to the table and grabs his jacket.

“I'm leaving first” Aaron told the guys and left before they can ask him why.

~

He got into his car and continues to call Gui Gui's phone.

'Why isn't she picking up? Is it because my number is new? But still why do I get this negative feeling? I’ve got to make sure she's fine first'

He drove back to the country side after deciding what to do.

It was late when Aaron got to Gui Gui's house. The lights were off. He pulled into the rocky drive way and quickly went to knock on the door. He really have to make sure she was home and fine before his heart can feel relaxed.

After a few knocks the house was still dark.

“Is she already asleep?” he ask himself.

He knocks again, and again, and again, but no one came to the door.

“Sir” he heard a old man called him from behind scarring him.

He turns around and greeted the old man.

“What are you doing here at this hour?” the old man ask him.

“I came to see if Gui Gui was home” Aaron told the old man.

“She's not home. I haven't seen her come home since she left for school.”

“How do you know?” Aaron ask him.

“My store is down the road, every morning she will come and greet me on her way to school, and everyday when she comes home she will also greet me, but today she didn't come by.”

“Really? Then thank you. Are you heading home sir?”

“Yes, my house is just down the road” the old man points to the other direction from where his store is. “I just closed. Now I’m going home.”

“Then, would you like a ride?”

“No thank you,” he said to Aaron.

“Then, if you see Gui Gui can you please tell her that Aaron stopped by?”

“I will, good night then” the old man said and walks away.

“Good night to you too sir” Aaron said after the old man.

Aaron got into his car and drove back to school.

“Hi, I forgot something here, can I go get it?” Aaron told the security.

The security nods and opens the gate for Aaron to drive in.

Aaron pulls close to the school and got out. He walks into the dark campus nervously. He was a little scared, but thinking of Gui Gui made him stronger.

Aaron took out his phone and called Gui Gui's number, hoping that he would find her asleep somewhere.

After no hope, he started to head towards the track and field where the old storage is located. He called Gui Gui's number again and heard a phone ringing. He quickly head towards the ring tone forgetting about being scared.

Following the ring of the phone leads him to the school dump. He opens the dump and found Gui Gui's backpack. He took the backpack out of the dump and took out the phone. He turns off her phone and looks around the area.

“What does this mean?” he ask himself. “Maybe...” He grabs her bag ran towards the old storage room.

“Gui Gui! Gui Gui! Gui Gui! Are you in there?!” Aaron yells.

Gui Gui heard Aaron's voice and immediately got up.

“Aaron” Gui Gui said as she smiled.

“Gui Gui?!” Aaron heard her called his name. “Gui Gui hold on, I’ll save you” he assures her.

Gui Gui nodded even though he can't see her.

She heard him running away then after a few minutes he ran back.

“Gui Gui! Back away from the door!” Aaron warns her.

She did as told.

“Are you backed away?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, cover your ears” he said.

She did as told.

Then Aaron began to bang the fire extinguisher against the lock to hit it off. After doing it for a while the lock finally flew off.

Aaron smiled and threw the fire extinguisher away. He quickly pulled the chain off and opens the door.

He smiled widely as he saw her face.

Gui Gui slowly lowers her hands from her ears and smiled at him.

He ran to her and hugs her tightly tired and breathless.

“Are you okay?” he ask her.

“I'm not weak” she answers him.

He pulls away and looks at her face.

“What happened?” he said as he gently touches her bruised on her left cheek.

“........Nothing” Gui Gui said after starring at him. “Thank you” she said as tears rolled down her face. As she couldn't hold them back anymore.

She doesn't know why, but seeing his face made her cry.

Aaron's heart ache in pain seeing her in this condition.

“It's okay to not be strong at times. It's okay to show your weak side in front of me, because I’ll protect you,” he said as he wipes her tears away.

She nodded.

“Thank you” Gui Gui whispered as she hugs him for the first time.

“You're so cold, let's get out of here” he said as he took off his jacket and made her wear it. He then turns around and got down. “Get on my back, you must be tired.”

“I'm fine.”

“Hurry” he said and pulls her down. He quickly got up before she could resist.

“Hold on tightly” he said as he walks out of the storage room grabbing her backpack on the way out.

For the longest time Gui Gui felt warmth. She held onto Aaron tighter and laid her head beside his.

They both had lots of question to ask, but they knew the other was tired so they didn't ask, and instead waited.

- - - - - -

“Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?” Aaron ask her again as he sees her off at her door.

“I'm sure, thank you” she said turns around to open the door. She turns back around to look at Aaron before heading in.

“Are you tired?” Gui Gui ask him.

“Not really.”

“How far do you live from here?”

“About an hour.”

“It's late...why don't you stay over for the night?” she ask him.

“Really?! Can I?!” he said excited.

“Just for today, as a thank you.”

“Okay!”

“But, you won't be staying in the main building with me.”

“What do you mean?”

~

“This is the guess house” Gui Gui said as they stand in front of a small one room building. The outside was made from wood and other materials, but the whole roof was made from glass except for the bathroom, it the only privacy room from the top. “Everything you need should be in there, but if there's other things that you need and is not in there dial 1 on the phone and it'll connect to me” she said as she unlocks the guess house.

“Thank you” Aaron replied, kind of disappointed.

“Well, then, go to bed early, we have school tomorrow.”

“Okay, good night.”

“Um,” she said and walks towards her house as Aaron watched her.

Aaron watched as she walks into the house and closed the door before he enters the guess house.

After a nice shower Aaron lays on the bed and looks up at the glass ceiling.

From the main house Gui Gui looks down at him.

'What am I doing? This was not the plan. I wasn't suppose to get close to him...yet I did. How am I going to push him away now?'

Gui Gui watched Aaron as he looks at the stars and waited until he fell asleep before going to bed.