Baking Day

Let's Love (GRI oneshots)

For weeks, Seungri had been going on and on about this recipe his sister had talked about and said he should try. He'd been trying to get Jiyong to bake with him, but he always refused, leaving Seungri to stomp away, pouting and not talk to him for several hours. Jiyong didn't know why Seungri wanted to bake this cake so badly with him when he could just do it himself, but every time Seungri walked away from him after getting rejected, he felt a piece of his resolve fall away. So one Saturday, Jiyong actually woke up earlier than Seungri and found the recipe he had been talking about lying around on the kitchen counter. He went to the store and got all the ingredients and by the time he got back to the apartment, Seungri was awake and raising an eyebrow at the bags in Jiyong's hands.

"What's that?"

Jiyong lugged the bags over to the kitchen, placing them on the counters and began to unpack what he had bought. "You wanted to make that cake right? So we'll make it today."

Seungri's eyes grew wide and a huge grin spread across his face. "Really?! Are you serious? Really?!" He began to jump around and skipped over to Jiyong pulling him into a hug.

"Okay Seungri," Jiyong said letting out a small laugh. "Help me take the rest of this stuff out."

Seungri kissed Jiyong's cheek and nodded. Jiyong bit down on his bottom lip, trying to hold back a grin. "Hurry." As Seungri packed the rest of the things out of the bag, Jiyong took the recipe out of his pocket so that he could get everything prepared.

"Oh look, Jingyo wants to watch us bake." Jiyong looked down and saw Seungri's kitten sitting on the floor, looking up at both of them.

"You can't eat any," Jiyong said and Jingyo let out a small meow right after. "Because you're a cat. Eat your cat food."

Seungri sidled up next to Jiyong, looking over his shoulder at the recipe. Jiyong pointed at the first few directions that were laid out on the recipe. "We need to just mix everything together...Wait! Take out your cake pan now so we don't forget later."

Getting the cake prepared took longer than Jiyong had expected, because of Seungri who kept stopping to take pictures of Jiyong mixing the cake batter and to take selfies of them together which took around thirty minutes because Seungri wanted to choose the right photo where they both looked cute. "Seungri, are you almost done? You're not even helping me." Jiyong tried to be upset, but when he looked over at Seungri, who was happily scrolling through the pictures on his phone he only let out a sigh and finished making the batter himself. "Okay, we have to put it in the pan now."

"Let me put on the oven first."

Seungri set the cake pan on the counter and Jiyong poured the batter in, making sure it was even while Seungri watched in amazement. They put it in the oven and Jiyong set the timer.

"How long do we have to wait?" Seungri asked as he took the bowl with the cake batter and dipped a finger in it.

"An hour...Hey, why are you eating that?" Jiyong grabbed Seungri's wrist before he put his batter covered finger in his mouth.

"What?" Seungri shrugged and peeled Jiyong's fingers from his wrist and returned to eating the batter. "It's good."

"Seungri it's not cooked."

"So?" Seungri looked down at the bowl, then up at Jiyong and smiled. Jiyong knew that smile meant nothing good and he began to slowly back away. "Hyung, do you want some too? It's really good, don't worry."

"No, Seungri." Jiyong turned and ran to the living room with Seungri trailing close behind. He stood behind one end of the couch while Seungri stood on the other, the bowl in his right hand and two batter covered fingers on his left hand. "Seungri, don't do this."

Seungri pouted and slowly made his way around the couch and Jiyong pushed one of his feet back and was startled to hit something. When he looked down, he saw Jingyo standing right at his feet, looking up at him with huge eyes. "Jingyo, please move away." When Jiyong turned back, Seungri was right in his face, and he let out a yelp and fell right onto the couch. On his way down, he pulled Seungri with him, but with the sudden extra weight, they somehow rolled and ended up on the floor, with Seungri on his back and Jiyong hovering above him.

"Are you okay?" Jiyong looked up and saw Jingyo walking up to him, having moved at some kind of lightening speed from Jiyong's feet to the other side of the couch. Jingyo sat down and rested his head on his paws, with some kind of satisfied look on his face. Jiyong glared and glanced down at Seungri, opening his mouth, ready to tell him all about his evil kitten when he suddenly felt two fingers in his mouth and the sweet taste of the uncooked cake mix. Jiyong's eyes widened as Seungri began to laugh manically under him.

"It tastes good, right?" Seungri asked. He grinned and tilted his head as Jiyong processed the taste. Maybe it wasn't that bad. "Oh, you've got some on your lips." Jiyong waited for Seungri to wipe away the mess, but was surprised when he covered Jiyong's mouth with his lips. When he pulled away, he his top lip and nodded. "Yep, delicious."

Jiyong couldn't help but laugh at Seungri's silliness and pushed himself off of Seungri, leaning against the couch. Seungri sat up as well, sitting next to Jiyong and resting his head on his shoulder. After a couple of seconds, Jingyo decided to sit up and walk up to both of them, walking onto Seungri's lap and making himself comfortable there.

"Do you think the cake will turn out good?" Seungri pulled Jingyo a little closer to him and began to lightly pet his head.

Jiyong raised his arm and put it around Seungri's shoulder, pulling him in closer and Seungri let out a long, content sigh as he moved into Jiyong's side. "Of course it will. I made it."

"Hey!" Seungri tried to pull away, but Jiyong kept him close, laughing.

"Okay, okay...We made it."

And Seungri was happy with that.


Just a random, short one shot for you all to once again say thank you! I'm grateful for all the requests and for you all being patient while I wrote them! Also, I love getting comments and seeing a notification and reading what you all thought of the chapter makes me so happy!  And thank you for everyone who's subscribed and the people who have upvoted my story. It really means a lot. I'm so glad you love these one shots and keep coming back for more. Seriously thank you!!!! :)