New Friend

Let's Love (GRI oneshots)

Jiyong had been in the studio all day, busy putting the final touches on the Bigbang's new song and thinking about going back to film their music video during the night. He hadn't been able to even think of his phone until at one point it wouldn't stop ringing. When he finally looked at the caller I.D. and saw that it was Seungri, something in him lifted and he happily took a break from work and picked up the phone.

"Hey, Seungri. What's up?"

"Jiyong," Seungri whined, stretching out the last syllabyle of Jiyong's name. "Our boss made me change my hair color."

Jiyong sat up, unaware of the news. "What? You're not blond anymore?" All he got was a low groan of agreement on the other end of the line. "What color is it now?"

"It's brown."

For some reason, that calmed Jiyong down just a little and he smiled. "Brown looks cute on you though."

"I know. I did kind of miss it, but a lot of people liked me more with my blond hair!" Seungri's voice sounded so defeated Jiyong wished Seungri were close to him so that he could hold onto him.

"I like you no matter what. So it doesn't matter what other people say."

Seungri sighed. "Well I care about what they-" Seungri stopped in the middle of his sentence and Jiyong strained to hear what was happening. He could hear Seungri beginning to make high pitched noises and 'ohhh' and 'ahh'. "Jiyong, there's this cute cat, look at it."

The phone cut off all of a sudden and Jiyong looked down at his phone, confused as to what happened. He was about to call Seungri back when he got an incoming  video call from him. Jiyong accepted it and was greeted to Seungri's nose right in the camera. "Seungri," Jiyong laughed. "You're too close to your camera."

"Oh!" Seungri backed away and smiled at the sight of Jiyong. "Look Jiyong, look at this cat!" The camera turned and Jiyong saw what Seungri was gushing over. It was a white fur cat in the window of a pet store. It was lying down and peering out the window. Jiyong could hear Seungri still gushing over it and it wasn't until a couple of minutes later that he stopped and Seungri turned the camera back onto his face. "Cute, right?"

"Very. Where are you?"

"I'm a couple minutes away from my house. You know, there's that pet shop right outside." Seungri's face began to hastily move back and forth as he started to walk down the street, the phone camera shaking in his hand.. "Ah, that cat was cute. All cats are cute, right?"

Jiyong nodded and leaned back in his chair, looking over at how much work he had left to do. "Hey, I'll come to your apartment in an hour so don't go to sleep."

"Okay. See you soon." Seungri ended the video call and Jiyong immediately began to push all the papers into one pile and shove everything he had into his bag. In five minutes, he was running out of the YG building to his car, on his way to Seungri.

***

When Jiyong reached Seungri's house, the box in his hand slightly shaking, he was nearly bouncing on the balls of his feet, not sure how to contain his excitement. He was ringing Seungri's doorbell continuously for five minutes until he opened the door and Jiyong barged in, careful to not let the box hit anything.

"Jiyong, what's going on? What's in the box?" Seungri followed Jiyong into his bedroom and watched as he carefully set the box down. Jiyong was on his knees, peeking into the box every few seconds and looked up at Seungri, clearly excited. "What?"

"Come over here!" Jiyong waved him over and lightly touched the box. "I got you a present."

Seungri instantly ran over to Jiyong and sat down next to the box. "It's not even my birthday. What did you get?" Jiyong slowly pulled open the flap for the box. Seungri impatiently took the box and opened it himself and when he saw what was in the box, he gasped. "Wow!" Seungri pulled the small, sleeping kitten out of the box, holding it away from him for a few seconds before pulling it into him for a light hug.

"He's cute right? And his fur is brown so he matches your hair color." Jiyong couldn't stop smiling at Seungri's face of content as he held the cat.

"Is it because I showed you the cat?" Seungri glanced over at Jiyong, slowly rocking the kitten in his arms. "You didn't have to."

Jiyong laughed and lightly touched the head of the kitten. "It's okay. If it makes you happy, I don't regret it...What are you going to name him?"

Seungri stared up into the ceiling, unconsciously holding the kitten closer to him every few seconds and Jiyong watched the tenderness Seungri was displaying to the cat, with an underlying feeling that he wasn't too sure what to name, but it made him a little uncomfortable. "Should I name him Jingyo?" Seungri giggled and looked down at the sleeping kitten. "Yeah, Jingyo**."

Jiyong looked at Seungri surprised. "That's my name!"

Seungri nodded. "It's cute. And whenever you're gone for a really long time, I can just play with this kitten." Seungri kissed the top of the kittens head and giggled once again. "He's so cute. Our Jingyo. Wake up soon."

Jiyong rested back on his hands, looking at the two. "Cute..yeah, cute."

***

Jingyo had decided to wake up a couple of minutes after Seungri had named him and so Seungri had sent Jiyong out to get food and other essentials for the kitten. As he was out buying everything, Jiyong couldn't help but think of how much Seungri was taking care of the kitten. "He never worries about me like that," he huffed under his breath as he bought a few toys for Jingyo.

When Jiyong returned to Seungri's apartment and set everything he had bought on the floor of his bedroom, Seungri was on the bed playing with Jingyo. "He's so cute! Look at his small paws." Seungri gently picked up one of Jingyo's brown paws and swung it slowly from side to side. "Hyung, did you get food?"

"Yeah, I did." Jiyong picked up a bag of cat food he had gotten and showed it to Seungri, who stood up from the bed and took it form him, walking out of the bedroom. Jiyong began to stare down at the kitten and joined it on the bed. "You're not cuter than me. Why does he pay so much attention to you?" Jiyong scratched the kitten under the chin and smiled a little as it placed it's paw on his finger. "I guess..you're kind of cute."

After a couple of minutes, he heard the bedroom door swing open and looked back to see Seungri walk over to the bed and place the cat food he had put into a bowl on the carpet. Seungri picked up Jingyo and placed him in front of the bowl and in no time, Jingyo began to eat. Seungri watched him with amazement and Jiyong rolled his eyes.

"Are you going to keep staring at him like that? He's not going anywhere."

"But he's so small. He needs all the attention." Seungri sat down at the edge of his bed, next to Jiyong and tilted his head. "I'm going to need to take him to the vet. There's a lot of things to get him. What do I do?"

Jiyong rolled his eyes again and sighed. "You can think about that a little later. The lady at the shop said he's gotten all the important shots so we can wait a little." Jiyong took Seungri's hand and placed his cheek onto his palm. "Hey, do you want to go out to eat later? Before I go film the music video."

He heard Seungri give out a low grunt in agreement and after a few seconds, Seungri pulled his hand away from Jiyong's grip and Jiyong found himself lying face first into the mattress. He glanced up, wondering what made Seungri leave his side and saw him take the now empty bowl away from Jingyo and leave the room once again. Jingyo only stared after Seungri and it wasn't until a couple of minutes passed that he followed Seungri out of the bedroom.

"These two are annoying." Jiyong sighed and jumped out of the bed, walking out of the bedroom to find Seungri in the kitchen, filling a different bowl with water.

"Oh you followed me." Seungri laughed as he turned and saw Jingyo by his leg. "That's exactly how it should be. We're meant for each other, right?" He placed the bowl of water in front of Jingyo and looked over at Jiyong with a small smile. "Hyung, let's eat dinner here, okay?"

Jiyong nodded, forcing out a small smile and returned to the bedroom. He closed the door and leaned his head against it, letting out a frustrated sigh. "I can't believe this. I'm jealous of a cat."

"Hyung! What else did you buy for Jingyo?"

Jiyong sighed again and took the things he had placed in the middle of the room and went to show them to Seungri.


*Requested by dharaa (who wanted a jealous Jiyong) and may_aa (who wanted a chapter on Seungri's new hair color). Hope you both don't mind me combining your requests. I wasn't sure how to write about the hair color in one chapter and thought this was a cute idea :)

**Jingyo is Jiyong's name from the BANG comics. Here's a link to read the chapters that are translated. [click]

***Should I write another chapter of Jiyong being jealous of Jingyo?