The Perfect Boyfriend

Let's Love (GRI oneshots)

"Hyung, what do you want for your birthday?" Seungri asked the question so suddenly, that Jiyong, who was flipping through the channels on his television didn't know Seungri was talking to him, thinking he was on the phone. "Hyung!" Seungri reached over to grab the remote out of his hand and turned off the television.

"What?" Jiyong, who was sprawled out on the couch, looked down at Seungri sitting on the floor, looking up at him. "You're asking me?"

"Yeah! Your birthday is next week."

Jiyong laughed and gently kicked Seungri in the back of his head with his knees. "Aren't birthday presents supposed to be a surprise? And will you even have time to get it for me in a week?"

"I never know what to get you! You already have everything," Seungri said, pouting. Jiyong wanted to tell him at that moment that there was one thing, one person he didn't have. "Come on, tell me."

Jiyong stared up at the ceiling, tapping his chin and pretending to be in deep thought. Seungri watched him closely, bouncing up and down in excitement. Suddenly, Jiyong sat up in a flash, looking down at Seungri with wide, excited eyes. "I know what I want!"

"What is it?!"

"The perfect boyfriend." Jiyong smirked a little, taking in Seungri's reaction as he processed the request. His wide smile, slightly disappeared and he began to bite down on his lip, clearly thinking about it. "He's got to be perfect. Perfect." Jiyong ran his hand through Seungri's hair, lingering for a little longer than usual, but Seungri didn't seem to notice. "Can you find one in a week?"

Seungri stared up at Jiyong, a smile plastered on his face. "I can do anything." Seungri turned away for a quick second, staring at the blank television screen before he turned back to Jiyong. "But...what's your idea of a perfect boyfriend?"

Jiyong could only stare at Seungri, not sure what to say. What he wanted to say was the only person who was perfect enough, the only one who fit all his criteria was sitting on the floor right in front of him. Jiyong wanted to just grab Seungri and pull him into his arms and hold him until he realized that Seungri was the only gift he needed but he didn't do anything. Instead, he closed his eyes, again pretending to be in deep thought and began to list off everything.

"He has to be very handsome. I mean, out of this world handsome, where I can't believe that he's real." Jiyong glanced at Seungri from the corner of his eye, but he was just intently waiting for the rest. "He has to be kind and have a bright aura. A personality where everyone can smile when they're around him. He's so amazing, he infects others with his happiness. And he has to be a great singer. His voice has to be a little soft and kind of smooth, a voice I can fall asleep to."

"That's a lot of stuff," Seungri whined.

Jiyong could only shake his head at Seungri. "Okay...Well he at least has to be blond."

"You need a hair color too!" Seungri was in disbelief and he leaned his head against Jiyong's legs, clearly exasperated. "You're too hard to please."

Jiyong sighed and whispered under his breath, "And you're too dumb to understand."

***

Seungri never went out looking for Jiyong's "perfect boyfriend". How could he give him something that would tear them apart? Seungri wished he could be all those things that Jiyong had said he wanted. Was he handsome? Did he have an infectious personality? He doubted everything about himself and he wondered what excuse he would give to Jiyong during his birthday when he showed up empty handed.

***

The day before Jiyong's birthday, Seungri came knocking on his door and when Jiyong let him in, he went straight to the couch and waited for Jiyong to join him. "Are you okay?" Jiyong sat next to him and reached out to wipe the sweat that was forming on his forehead away.

"For your birthday present..."

Jiyong leaned back into the couch and smiled. "You found me a perfect boyfriend?" He raised his eyebrows, ready to see what Seungri had done.

"I realized that your demands were too high and so it eliminated pretty much everyone you and I know..So I think you're going to have to lower your standards." Seungri said it with such a serious expression on, with his arms crossed that Jiyong had to laugh.

"Did you even look?"

Seungri became a little flustered at that. "Of-of course I did! But I'm telling you, it's too hard."

"I know someone who fits all of my criteria, though." Jiyong sat up, staring Seungri in the eyes.

"Who?" Seungri was genuinely curious. "Wait..but then why did you ask me to find you one?"

"Just to have fun. And you know him really well." Jiyong threw an arm around Seungri and wrestled him down onto the couch so that Jiyong's back was against the couch and Seungri was cuddled up next to him, with his face in Jiyong's chest. "Think about it."

Seungri's face scrunched up for a few seconds and he blinked many times, thinking very hard about it, until after a few minutes, he gave up. "I don't know. Really, who is it?"

Jiyong let out an exaggerated sigh and squeezed his arms around Seungri until Seungri looked up at him. "You really don't know?" Seungri nodded, his lips pouted. "You're dumb, you know?"

And then Jiyong slid himself down the couch just a little so that he and Seungri were face to face, their noses just about touching. Jiyong leaned forward just a little, gently letting their foreheads touch and then softly bumping his nose with Seungri's, all the while looking into Seungri's tired, confused eyes. Jiyong's arms tightened around Seungri's waist and once he did that, something seemed to click in Seungri's mind and his eyes grew in surprise. "Me?"

Jiyong's answer was a small smile, as he let their noses touch again.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Seungri's outburst surprised Jiyong and he leaned back a little, still holding onto Seungri, who was trying to squirm out of his grip.

"What are you talking about? I did tell you! You asked me what I wanted in a perfect boyfriend and I told you all of them! I was talking about you, idiot." Jiyong bit down on his lip and let out a frustrated groan. "I even said he should be blond. What color is your hair right now, Seungri?"

Seungri's eyes nearly fell to the back of his head as he looked up, as if he could see his hair. "...Blond." Seungri stayed still for a few seconds before bursting out again. "Well you should have made it clear and just said my name. I'm no good with riddles."

"You just..you..." Jiyong wanted to hit him, but he held back and remembered to breathe. "Well now you know I was talking about you."

"So...I'm handsome, huh? And my voice is so nice you can fall asleep to it?" Seungri was smiling this goofy smile and hid his face in Jiyong's neck. "You should compliment me like that more often."

Jiyong laughed. "I can't, or else it all goes to your head."

"Should I sing right now?"

"You see."

Seungri lifted his head up and pressed his lips against Jiyong's chin. Jiyong looked down and before he was able to process it, Seungri's soft lips were on his and Jiyong was stunned. Seungri was quick but gentle with his kisses, leaving a couple quickly then slowly pulling away before Jiyong could react and kiss back and then he was there again, taking Jiyong by surprise. Once he pulled away, he nuzzled his face into Jiyong's neck again, brushing his nose against Jiyong's collarbone.

"Should I sing?" His breath tickle Jiyong's skin and made him smile.

"Yeah. You should sing. In My World."

"In my world
In a place not visible
Needing air to live.
"

Jiyong's eyes fluttered as Seungri's soft voice filled his ears. "You sing well." And Seungri giggled.

"So let's fly
Just you and I.
"

As Jiyong began to fall asleep, he felt Seungri shift closer into his arms. "Seungri."

"Hmm?"

"You're perfect."


*Requested by ilovevi. I hope it's somewhat close to how you imagined it!