Birthday Present

Let's Love (GRI oneshots)

"Jiyong, why didn't you answer all day?" Youngbae's voice sounds a little panicked over the phone as Jiyong picks up. "Daesung has been trying to call you too."

Jiyong was in his room at the moment, tapping out a tune. He had his phone on silent the whole day and only looked at it to see the time, when he saw Youngbae calling. "Why? What's so important?"

"You really don't know?" There was a hint of exasperation in Youngbae's voice and Jiyong was still clueless.

"Know what? Is something bad about to happen?"

"Seungri's birthday is tomorrow! We're going to his apartment to celebrate. I can't believe you forgot. You're the one who planned it!" Jiyong stood up as he heard Youngbae speaking and rushed over to his calendar on his bathroom door. Jiyong nearly fell to the ground. December 12. That was tomorrows date. That was Seungri's birthday. And he had forgotten all about it. "Jiyong!" Youngbae's faint voice was coming through his cellphone and he slowly put it up to his ear.

"Youngbae, I really forgot...What do I do?"

"Okay, okay. It's fine because you know now. I'm coming over to your apartment right now, okay? Have you wrapped your present yet?" At that question, Jiyong froze, his eyes wide and his heart suddenly in his throat.

"...I forgot the present."

"You forgot to buy his present?!" Youngbae rarely raised his voice and got upset so Jiyong was surprised, but he understood. He kept the phone pressed to his ear as he ran over to his closet and pulled out a pair of jeans and struggled with them. "I'm outside your door and I'm putting in the passcode now." Jiyong hung up his phone and threw it on the floor just as he heard his door open.

"Youngbae, help me!"

He heard his door open just as he fell on the floor. It was a sight to see. Youngbae was looking down at the scene in front of him and sighed; an exasperated Jiyong flat on his back with his pants halfway up his legs and his cellphone on the other side of the room with a single crack along the screen. Youngbae walked over to him and helped him up from the floor.

"Hurry up and put your pants on. All the stores are going to close in an hour."

In less than a minute, Jiyong was rushing out to the front door and slipping into his sneakers, following Youngbae out the door. They went into as many stores as they could in the shortest time possible. Jiyong was clueless as to what he should buy for Seungri and everything he saw looked too cheap or something that Seungri already had. By the time it was 11:45, Youngbae and Jiyong found a bench on the sidewalk and sank onto the seats, utterly defeated.

"What are you going to do?" Youngbae looks over at Jiyong who looks exhausted and has his eyes closed and Youngbae nudges him so he doesn't pass out.

"I don't even know. Tell me!" Jiyong turned to him with a pleading look on his face. "Give me your present for him."

"No! You have to find it on your own." Youngbae stood up and started to walk away then. Jiyong groaned, running a hand through his hair before following Youngbae back to his apartment. When they got back to the apartment, Youngbae sat in the middle of the room as Jiyong rifled through his closet.

Jiyong threw a couple of his clothes onto his chair and looked to Youngbae for approval. "Do you think he'll like these?"

Youngbae sighed and leaned back on his elbows. "Seungri has worn nearly all of your clothes and comes into your closet all the time so I don't think you gifting him with your clothes means anything. It should be something personal that shows how much you love him."

"But you know I'm bad at these kinds of things." Jiyong sighed and leaned against the wall. "Am I not enough? I can just gift him with myself."

"Why would he want you as a gift?" Youngbae asked, genuinely confused and broke into laughter a couple seconds later when he saw Jiyong's glare. "Please figure something out before tomorrow. We're going to eat dinner at 7 and then go to his place, okay?" Youngbae put a hand on Jiyong's shoulder and left him alone.

***

The next night, all the members were gathered in Seungri's living room while he was in the kitchen getting glasses for the bottle of wine that Seunghyun had gifted him with. The rest of the members had decided to give their gifts once they were all together in Seungri's apartment, but Seunghyun couldn't wait and wanted to drink the wine as soon as they left the restaurant.

"You need better taste in wine. Think of it as me making you a better, classier person. It's the best gift I can give." Seungri had just laughed and nodded with a small thank you.

"Hyung, did you get a present for Seungri? I heard you forgot to get one." Daesung leaned in closer so that Seungri wouldn't hear him speaking.

Jiyong sighed and looked at the small bag in his hand. "I have something. I don't know if it's good enough though." He sighed and placed it next to him. "I was up for four hours doing this."

Seungri was quick to come back and join them and he sat on the floor completing the circle they had formed around his table. "Thanks for celebrating today with me." He gave them his famous wide smile and Youngbae put an arm around his shoulder and pulled him close. As Seungri tried to get away, he gave him his present which was wrapped tightly and Jiyong could tell that Youngbae had tried for a long time to get it perfectly wrapped.

Seungri quickly tore off the wrapping paper and as he saw the present, he didn't move for a couple of minutes and Youngbae was staring intently at his face, trying to see if there was any reaction. Then, after a couple of seconds Seungri broke into a wide smile and gave Youngbae a hug. Jiyong strained his neck to see what the present was but it was hidden as Seungri was hugging Youngbae. When they broke apart, Seungri held up his gift for everyone to see. The gift was a small stuffed panda which was holding another smaller kind of plushy which looked like the sun in it's hands*.

"Wow, that's so cute. Did you buy it like that?" Daesung asked.

"I bought them separately and had to sew it together." Youngbae seemed to be a little embarrassed at that and Seungri hugged him once more before looking at Daesung who passed him his present. It wasn't wrapped and instead was just hidden under the gift paper that was in the small bag. 

"It's because you keep dropping your phone so this will be practical." Inside the bag were two phone cases and a waterproof screen for Seungri's phone. Again Seungri gave Daesung a short hug and thanked him for the gift, immediately taking out his phone and handing it to Daesung so he could put everything together.

Now that it was his turn, Jiyong became even more nervous and hastily handed over his gift to Seungri. He thought back to last night, really this morning, after having paced his room for thirty minutes and searching up good gifts on the Internet for another half hour he had decided to just sit down and make a gift. He had thrown out so many ideas that his bedroom floor looked like a kindergarten at the end of the day by the time it was five in the morning. He bit on his lip nervously and played with his fingers as Seungri opened the bag and pulled out his gift. Everyone moved closer to see what it was, except Seunghyun who was leaning back into the couch and sipping on his wine. Seungri placed the small handmade book on the table. It was made from the computer paper in his printer and he had colored the outside and each page inside a different color with markers he had found in the back of his closet.

"What is it?" Seungri was confused and Jiyong straightened and moved the gift to the middle of the table.

"They're like little coupons." Jiyong opened the first page and everyone moved closer to see it, even Seunghyun was interested this time putting down his wine to see what it was. On the page was a small picture of Jiyong's face pursing his lips into a kissing face and underneath it in black letters were the words Coupon: Free Kiss. With that, everyone burst into laughter. Youngbae fell back onto the floor and held his stomach, while Daesung and Seunghyun held onto each other, tears in their eyes from laughing so hard. It was only Seungri who was looking at Jiyong with a look of confusion still on his face. Jiyong ignored the rest and shoved the book closer to Seungri. "So if one day you want me to kiss you or if you want me to hug you, you can just show me one of these and I'll do it no matter what."

"Jiyong, what is that picture? Did you take pictures of yourself all night?" Youngbae was trying to speak clearly through his laughter an Jiyong just sighed. 

"I worked hard on these, okay? I had to take over fifty pictures and print them all." Jiyong crossed his arms over his chest and pouted. Seungri took the book and began to flip through the rest of the pages. Daesung took a break from his fit of laughter and glanced over Seungri's shoulder to read aloud what some of the coupons said.

"Free hug (Uses: 10)

Free cuddle (Uses: 10)

Free chef (Uses: 1)"

"You know I don't cook," Jiyong muttered under his breath. The night went by like that as the others made fun of Jiyong's gift and tried copying each of the different poses he did in the pictures he had pasted inside the book. When it was one in the morning, everyone had fallen asleep in the living room, except for Seungri and Jiyong. Jiyong was in the kitchen, searching through the cupboards for something to eat when Seungri joined him with the book in his hand.

"Sorry I couldn't get you a better gift," Jiyong said. "But I really didn't know what to get you. I promise next year it will be better."

But Seungri just shook his head and smiled. "Actually, I love it a lot. You should make me one again." Seungri moved closer to Jiyong and opened the book to the first page. "Okay, Free Kiss. I have twenty uses right? It should be infinity though. You have to fix that, okay?"

"But then you'll never stop!" Jiyong protested.

"Exactly." Seungri giggled and gave Jiyong two quick pecks on the cheek. Jiyong smiled and linked his arm with Seungri's.

"You only have eighteen left now."

Seungri looked at him in shock and pouted. "That's not fair! I just kissed you on the cheek. It wasn't even a kiss. It was a peck! It doesn't count!"

Jiyong smiled and shrugged. "I count it." When he saw Seungri's face he laughed even harder and gave him two short kisses right on the lips. "Okay that's four kisses, but I'll only charge you for two. But that's it."


Requested by SavorySins. I'm not that good at being funny so I'm sorry for that >.< But I hope the rest is good :)

*If you don't understand Youngbae's gift, it's because his stage name, Taeyang, means sun and Seungri is also known as Panda. So his gift is just something to say that Seungri loves him a lot, so he's 'holding' him.