Your Friends

Wrong Place, Right Time

You fall asleep after your mom comes in and says goodnight. You aren’t mad at her, and she left a little happier knowing that you didn’t hate her. You hate that you have to lay on your back all night, considering you normally sleep on your left side, but after trying to roll over out of habit and having the worst pain you’ve ever felt rip through your body, you learned quickly not to do that. Once you got settled in, sleep came quickly though. You wake up in the morning to a small knock on your door.

“Come in…” You say weakly. Your doctor peaks his head in smilingly slightly.

“Hey Kassy~ How are you feeling this morning?” He asks.

“I’m okay…” You say. “My shoulder and stomach hurt though…” You groan as your wounds throb, as if trying to prove your point.

“Oh…Well I can give you something for that, after I check your vitals.” He says setting his clipboard at the end of your bed. “Do you feel well enough to try and sit up today?”

You nod. He places one hand under your back and the other under your head and helps lever you up. He readjusts the pillows as you scoot back scrunching up your face in a bit of pain.

“You okay?” He asks.

“Yeah…Just…just give me a moment please.” You say. You take a few deep breaths trying to ease the pain then finally open your eyes. “Okay…I’m good now.”

Your doctor starts to check your vitals, making sure nothing is wrong. With this new position your lungs feel heavier and it feels hard to breathe so they get you hooked up to an oxygen tank. He injects the pain killer into your IV.

“The nurse can bring you some food if you’d like.” Your doctor suggests.

“That’s okay…I’m not very hungry…” You say.

“Okay. Holler if you change your mind okay?” He says. You nod your head and smile at him as he leaves the room. You look over at your phone and decide to see if anyone has even noticed your absence on campus. You click the lock button to light up the screen and get surprised when you see that you have about 15 messages on facebook.

Alexis: Kasss!!! Did you hear about what happened at the little café you like to go to last night??? (5:30 a.m.)

Alexis: Heeellllooo??? Earth to Kassy!~ Are you awake yet??? (6:00 a.m.)

Alexis: What happened to us getting up early and discussing fangirly things???? (6:15 a.m.)

Alexis: KASSY!! WAKE UP AND ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE!!! (6:35 a.m.)

Alexis: Don’t make me drive over there and wake you up!!! (6:45 a.m.)

Alexis: Kasssss??? Are you okay???? Why you no answer???? (7:00 a.m.)

Alexis: I wanna gossip about what happened at that café shop~~~… (7:30 a.m.)

Alexis: Kassy??? Seriously you’re scaring me now…Are you okay girl??? (7:45 a.m.)

Alexis: I’m going to get ready for class and watch the news to see the weather report…please text me a.s.a.p. (8:00 a.m.)

Alexis: Oh…My…God…you were the girl that saved Chanyeol’s life? … (8:15 a.m.)

Alexis: How heroic….I hope you’re okay hun. I’ll visit you after classes okay??? (8:30 a.m.)

Alexis: Class is about to start…I told Zachy…good luck with that. See you later!!! (8:35 a.m.)

You chuckle at the messages from your best friend. She was weird, but she acted like your mom a lot. And if anyone hurts her baby, she hurts them. You go to the next strand of texts and see Zach’s messages.

Zachery:  Are you okay????!!!!! I heard my precious got shot!!!!???? Who am I killing????? (8:36 a.m.)

Zachery: I’m coming over after classes. Just you wait!!! (8:39 a.m.)

Zachery: Will the EXO and SHINee guys be there? I hope so…oh gotta go!!! Get better soon sis!!! Byes!!~ (8:45 a.m.)

You chuckle at his messages and then send a quick response to both of them.

Kass – Alexis: I’ll be fine, just in a bit of pain. And I can’t wait to see you later! (9:30 a.m.)

Kass – Zachery: Sorry but EXO and SHINee probably won’t be here, but I can’t wait to see you after your classes. (9:35 a.m.)

You close the facebook messenger app and look through your contacts again. You debate calling or texting one of them, when your phone buzzes.

From: Kai – Bro

Hey Kassy~ I sent a text to myself off your phone so I’d have your number =P. I hope you feel okay this morning. I don’t think we’ll be able to visit you in the hospital today… I wish we could though…anyways have a good day and try to keep from straining yourself. We’ll try hard to visit you, I promise.

-Kai~

You smile at the text message and send a quick text saying something along the lines of “Good morning!~ Have a good day. I’ll be fine. Don’t push the visiting thing.” You lean back and close your eyes a bit wanting to take a small nap. You sleep longer than you mean to though. You wake up to the sound of your friends blaring music in your ears.

“Wakey, wakey!!” Alexis says as she pulls the music away. “How can you even sleep like that? It looks so uncomfortable.”

That being said, you realize you fell asleep sitting upright, now that you think about it, your back is pretty stiff now.

“Sooo. How is our little heroic sis doing?” Zachery asks.

“I’m okay I guess…A lot has happened in just the past day or so. Plus my wounds are kind of sore.” You say.

“When was the last time you got some pain meds?” Alexis asks.

“Like…I don’t know…” You pause to wince as your wounds throb a bit. “9:20ish I think…”

“Oh. No wonder you hurt, it’s like 5:30!” Alexis exclaims.

“I shall go find a nurse and DEMAND they give you some pain meds, right this instant!!” Zachery says playfully, pretending to storm towards the door. You smile and chuckle lightly, still feeling a bit drowsy from your nap. Zachery had just returned to the edge of your bed, when there’s a knock.

“Hey Ms. Kassy. I’m Jai-li. I’m your nurse for the day. It’s time to change the bandages and gauze on your wounds.” The nurse says politely.

“Oh okay…umm…would you two turn around while she does that? …” You ask Alexis and Zachery.

“Oh sure!” Alexis says turning around and telling Zachery to turn around. He is gay, so you know him seeing you shirtless wouldn’t phase him, but it still embarrassed you. The nurse comes over and starts to unwrap your bandages, causing you to gasp in pain.

“Oh I’m sorry, are you in pain?” She asks.

“A bit yeah. But I’ll be okay.” You say. She stops unwrapping the bandages for a minute to inject more painkillers into your IV, then returns to slowly unwrapping the bandages. When she removes the gauze from your wounds, you decide to look down at your shoulder to see the damage. Seeing the holes in your shoulder makes you feel a bit queasy. Your shoulder is pretty swollen from the wound and there is still a bit of blood dried onto it. The nurse starts to gently wipe the wounds and the area surrounding the wounds with alcohol wipes. You have to bite your lip to keep yourself from screaming, and end up crying a bit. She wraps your shoulder back up after placing clean gauze pads against your wounds. She repeats the process for your stomach, which you don’t even dare look at. After she’s done wrapping the bandages around your stomach she asks if you need anything else, then leaves. Your friends come back over and sit down on the edge of your bed.

“So…What was it like meeting SHINee and EXO?” Alexis asks.

“It was cool, and thrilling, and scary, and depressing, and happy, and fun, and weird, and eye opening…I also learned something…” You say.

“What did you learn?” Alexis asks.

You are about to tell her when there’s a knock on your door.

“Come in.” You say.

“We managed to get some free time, so we thought we’d swing by for a visit! How’s my little sis doing?” Kai says as he and Chanyeol walk in smiling. They stop walking when they see your friends sitting there, starring at them wide-eyed.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Did we interrupt something?” Kai asks. You chuckle and look at your friends who look like they are in paradise because they are in the presence of two world famous idols.

“Nope. Not at all.”  You giggle. “Hey doofus 1 and doofus 2, you have a bit of drool running down your chins.”

You hear Chanyeol and Kai chuckle as Alexis and Zachery snap out of it. Alexis and Zachery both look at you at the same time, as if saying, “You have two smoking hot idols standing in your room, visiting you!!! How are you not drooling??!!!” You just laugh and shake your head at them. Alexis finally opens and speaks.

“Soo…Kass…are you just going to lay there laughing, or are you going to introduce us to these, hot…er…I mean…ah it, you know what I mean.” Alexis says going back to drooling over the boys. You laugh harder as you hear Chanyeol and Kai chuckle louder.

“Uh, Alexis, Zachy, This is Chanyeol and Kai, as you know. Um…Chanyeol, Kai, these are my weird friends, Alexis and Zachery.” You introduce.

“Nice to meet you guys~” Chanyeol says.

“Yeah, I’m happy to know that Kassy has some friends and isn’t a complete loner.~” Kai teases. You blush while smiling.

“Hahaha, funny Kai.” You say.

“Hey, why not just call me Jongin, since you know…” Kai says.

“Oh…okay…Jongin.” You say.

“Woah woah woah. Back up.” Alexis says looking at you. “You’re on a first name basis now? And what was with him calling you little sis as he walked in the door? Isn’t it Chanyeol’s life you saved???”

“You haven’t told them?” Kai asks looking just the tiniest bit hurt.

“I was getting there, but that’s what you interrupted when you came in.” You chuckle.

“Tell us what?” Zachery asks. “I thought I was the only one allowed to call you little sis…and that’s just because I would still call you it anyways even if I wasn’t allowed.”

You sigh before looking at them both. “When I was shot, I lost a lot of blood, and needed a pretty big blood transfusion…They didn’t have enough of my blood type on hand, so they asked if any of the guys that were with me when I got shot, had A type blood. Well Kai…I mean Jongin does…He donated some blood and they tested on it to make sure there wouldn’t be life threatening reactions…and when they tested on it, they discovered our blood had similar DNA…They discovered that Kai…er Jongin and I are brother and sister…”

Alexis and Zachery just sit there for a second to take it all in.

“So…So you’re saying that…that he…he’s your…” Alexis says trying to form a sentence.

“Yes, I’m Kassy’s brother and she’s my little sister.” Kai says proudly.


Please subscribe. Comments and upvotes are appreciated. Thank you for reading.

~Katiebooh98