Who was the shooter?

Wrong Place, Right Time

A/N: So yeah...hi...long time no update right? haha...okay so i had surgery on my heart and i'm also in the middle of the graduation project so i can graduate high school this year. I won't promise that i'll update this on a regular schedule, but i will say that i will try to update this more. So yeah...

~Katie


After you all are ready, EXO starts off towards their desired restaurant. Chanyeol still seems to be upset, but you can understand why.

"Chanyeol...can we please talk for a second?..." You ask as the rest of the group takes their seats around the table.

"Why? You said everything you needed to at the fan meet..." Chanyeol retorts.

"Chan...please..." You say. He looks at you and sees your eyes starting to water and then he sighs.

"Okay...Lets go talk outside..." He says as he takes your hand and walks you to the door.

He walks outside and you follow. You both go to the van that EXO came in and stand in awkward silence.

"I...I'm sorry i said that at the fan meet...I wasn't thinking...I was so stupid." You say as you start to cry. You look down, trying to hide the tears from Chanyeol. You feel his hand on your chin. You let him tilt your head back up and smile slightly as he starts to wipe your tears away with his thumbs.

"I know sweetheart. Sorry that i took that so personally...I just hate feeling like i hurt you." Chanyeol says. He leans down and kisses you gently, before taking your hand in his. "Lets go back inside and enjoy dinner."

You nod and he lets go of your hand and you walk next to him as you walk back inside and to the table EXO was sitting at. Everyone looks at you two with curious glances but those glances disappear as they see that you two are fine.

Dinner goes well the rest of the time, and eventually everyone gets tired and decides they want to go home. The car ride is silent, except for the snores every once in awhile and the quiet music to keep the driver awake. As the van pulls into the driveway everyone is already unbuckled and waiting to dash inside to their warm beds. You get out of the car and start walking and laugh at Chanyeol as he drags your feet behind you. You grab his hand and practically drag him inside and up the stairs.

"Hyun-ae it'd be better if you just left." You stop as you hear Kai growl his words. His voice was coming from Hyun-ae's room.

"Why?~" Hyun-ae asks in a whiny voice, as if she hadn't done anything earlier. "I like it here."

"Hyun-ae!..." Kai growls warningly.

"You're acting as if i've done something wrong Jonginnie." She sighs.

"You have. You messed with my friend after i warned you not to, and you hurt my little siste." Kai growls again.

"Aww come on. I was just having some fun. And you treat her like family. You've only know her for a couple of days. You've known me your whole life. And you say i 'Hurt her' as if i shot her or something." Hyun-ae whines again.

"Well did you?" Kai growls. Hyun-ae gasps at this.

"How dare you even suggest that! What the hell is wrong with you?! Of course I didn't shoot her!" Hyun-ae yells.

"You match the description of the shooter from the second death in this case. You're an evil who loves to ruin peoples lives. And don't even pretend like you like Kassandra...I see the way you look at her." Kai growls.

You look at Chanyeol and see that he has become more aware of his surroundings and is listening to the conversation too. You lean back, slightly scared.

"Plus, we all still remember the gun your dad bought you the year before he died. All these things don't help your case." Kai half yells. There was starting to become a crowd in the hall, but everyone stood motionless and dead silent.

"How?! When the shooting happened, I didn't even know Kassandra yet, she happened to get in the ing way of the god damn bullets I tried to put through Chanyeols huge head, and how did anyone see me leaving that idiots house?" She yelled. There was complete silence. You start trembling at the confession. You look over at Chanyeol who had been recording the conversation. He ended the recording and quickly dialed 9-1-1.

"Why are you silent?!" Hyun-ae yells at Kai, unaware of her accidental confession.

"You...you just admitted to trying to shoot Chanyeol...Oh my god...You're the murderer...you're the criminal." Kai sobs out and backs out of the room.

"What are you talking about?" Hyun-ae says as she follows Kai into the hall and into the crowd of people. "Wait...What's going on?"

Xiumin and Suho grab Hyun-ae and pin her down. Chanyeol hangs up with the police and the house turns silent. Kai's parents come home and are surprised to hear silence.

"Hello? Is anyone here?..." They call out. You start sobbing loudly, the silence and tension being broken. All your walls break in one moment and all the emotions flow through you so fast it pushes you to your knees. Chanyeol kneels beside you and holds you close as the sound of footsteps running up the stairs resonates in the house.

"Kassandra? Are you okay sweet-...What's going on?" Your mom says.

"Why are they pinning Hyun-ae down?" Your dad adds.

"M-Mom...D-Dad..." Kai says slightly with tears.

"Jogninnie?...What's going on?" Your mom says.

"Hy-Hyun-ae is the shooter...she shot Kassy...then killed the guy..." Kai sobs. Silence again, except for you and Kai sobbing. Kai looks at you and walks over to you.

"I'm sorry Kassy..." He sobs as he sits next to you. You shake your head and hug him, sobbing into his chest as Chanyeol rubs your back. Sobs filled the house until the sound of sirens quickly approaching filled the hall. Xiumin and Suho pull Hyun-ae to her feet and drag her to down the steps. Your parents follow and soon there is loud banging on the door. Your parents open it, their faces tear stained as they hand-cuff their neice. You hear them stating Hyun-ae her rights as Chanyeol picks you up and carries you to your bedroom. The house is silent as the door shuts behind the police and everyone goes back to their rooms.

"Chan..." You say quietly.

"Yes?..." He asks gently, still trying to comfort you.

"Can everyone sleep in the living room tonight?...I want to be near everyone..." You whimper.

"Yeah. You go head down and find a comfortable spot for us and i'll get everyone else." Chanyeol says. You nod and take the blankets and pillow and set up a comfortable spot for you and Chanyeol. Slowly one by one the guys start coming down and find a spot to claim as their own. Eventually your parents, Kai, and Chanyeol come down and join. Everything is silent as you all lay down, wide awake, too shaken up to sleep. Everyone drifts off to sleep slowly, including you and Kai.

In the morning, you all wake up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. The house is still silent except for the sizzling of bacon. You all gather around the table and sit in silence. The silence becomes unbearable and of course Chen has to change that.

"So are we all mimes now? No words?" He says, earning chuckles from everyone. Conversations start up and it soon becomes like any other morning. Everyone won't forget about happened the night before though. It was impossible to.


Thank you all so much for reading!

Follow me on twitter. X

Ask me things on Ask.fm. X

Stalk my Insta if you want. X

And most importantly, please subscribe, comment and upvote!~

~Katie