Truth About Your Family

Wrong Place, Right Time

“Kassy?” Chanyeol asks, and you nod. “That’s a very pretty name.” He says then.

“Thanks…” You say while blushing. “So…umm…what happened after I out?”

“Well, Kai and I held towels and applied pressure to your wounds until the ambulance got there. When they got you to the hospital, and we got here they told us you had lost a lot of blood…and they didn’t have enough of your blood type. They asked if any of us had type A blood…and Kai does…He donated blood to you…and when they tested your blood with his to see if it would react in a bad way, the did a few other tests on it…and they discovered something…They weren’t able to catch the person who shot the gun, but they’re searching as hard as they can” Minho says.

“What did they discover?” You ask. Your door opens and the doctor and your mom walk in.

“That is something your mom should tell you…” Minho says. You look at your mom expectantly. She looks sad and like everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

“Listen Kassy…You’re um…You’re adopted…and um…when they tested on the blood…They um…discovered that um…they discovered that Kai is your brother…he has similar DNA to you…”  Your mom says.

You let it all sink. You look at Kai, and he smiles at you sadly. You look at your mom and she’s crying again. You look at everyone else in the room and they all look tired and sad.

“Can I….Can I have some time with the 5 guys again? …” You ask.

“Of course. Come on Mrs. Caisse.” The doctor says, leading your crying mother out of the room. After they leave there’s another long uncomfortable silence.

“Um…Kassy…” Kai says.

“Hmm? …” You respond, lost in thought.

“I know it’s not easy…you know to find something like this out…but um…I’d like to be part of your life if you’re okay with that…I…I want to be able to say I have a little sister…especially one who took a bullet for my friend…” Kai says. You take a second to process what he said, then you look up at him and see him smiling at you.

“That…That sounds nice.” You say while smiling. His smile grows and you can tell that being accepted made him very happy.

“Sooo…What now?” Taemin asks, chuckling awkwardly.

“Well I would give her a hug, but um, I think I would break her more. She looks so fragile just lying there.” Chanyeol chuckles. You blush slightly at the thought of your bias hugging you, but quickly shake it off when you hear Kai’s voice.

“I would too, but you’re right.” He chuckles.

“Well the rest of EXO and SHINee will be here later, so what should we do until they get here?

“How about we all sit down and get to know her? All we know is her name, and that she likes SHINee and EXO, and that Chanyeol is her bias from EXO.” D.O chuckles. “I mean come on, we don’t even know her bias from SHINee.”

Everyone including you laugh.

“That’s a good point.” Minho says. So everyone finds a chair and pulls it close to your bed. Chanyeol was closest to you on your right and Kai was the closest to you on your left. Everyone else falls into place beside the two.

“So what do you want to know about me?” You ask.

“Hmm…How old are you?” D.O asks.

“I’m 19…I turn 20 in July.” You say.

“What do you do with your life?” Minho asks.

“I’m in college. I’m a sophomore.” You smile. “I’m hoping to major in music production.”

“That sounds cool!~ Sooo, Who is your bias from SHINee?” Taemin asks, glancing at Minho.

“You are Taemin.” You blush slightly, and laugh at the little celebratory smile he throws at Minho.

“What kind of hobbies do you have?” Chanyeol asks.

“I love singing, and dancing, and I have tried my hand at rapping and I’m not that bad actually. I also love reading and writing stories. I want to minor in literature and publications. I also play Chinese hackysack with my best friends whenever I get the chance.” You say excitedly.

“Wow you have a lot of hobbies~ how long have you been into EXO and SHINee and kpop in general?” Kai asks.

“I’ve been into kpop since 2008, since SHINee’s debut. My friend showed me, and I fell in love. I wasn’t all that into SHINee at first, I was into U-KISS. I got into SHINee pretty quickly though. I have been into EXO since debut too.” You say. D.O was about to ask you another question when there’s another knock at the door. Suho pokes his head in. All the boys stand up and go to the side of the bed closest to the door.

“Can we come in?” He asks.

“Come on in.” Minho says.

Suho opens the door wider and SHINee and EXO pour in. Everyone hugs in like a big group hug and you just watch from your bed.

“Manager hyung told us what happened. Are you guys okay?” Suho asks.

“Yeah we are.” Kai says, and shifts slightly to where you are in view of the newcomers.

“Who is she?” Onew asks slightly confused.

Chanyeol and Kai move to the side of your bed again.

“This girl is the reason why we are all okay. She was at the café when the person came in and tried to kill me…” Chanyeol says. “She pushed me out of the way and risked losing her own life, just to let me live…”

Everyone makes a sad “oh…” sound and look at Kai, who also looked like he had something to say.

“She lost a lot of blood and they didn’t have enough of her blood type. They asked one of us to donate, and I had the right type to donate, so I did. They tested it a bit to see if a bad reaction would happen, which nothing happened…But…they did other tests too…and discovered the DNA was similar…and well…She’s my little sister…” Kai says.

Everyone just stares for a bit in silence again. Baekhyun steps forward and puts one of his hands on top of your head and smiles at you.

“Thank you…Thank you for protecting our friend. Thank you for keeping one of our own alive.” He says with tears in his eyes.

“Don’t thank me. I just did what I thought was right.” You say, smiling.

“Hey I’ll be right back!” Onew announces dragging Kris and Suho out of the room with him. Everyone shrugs and starts asking you questions about your life and what you’re into. And you answer all the questions, as they are asked. You were happy, even though you had three bullet wounds and were hospital bound. You were getting attention from your favorite two bands ever. After about an hour, Onew, Kris and Suho return. Kris carried a cake and some flowers, and Onew and Suho carried pizza.

“We thought we’d do something nice for you. Since you’re stuck in the hospital we can’t do much more than this, but we needed to do something, you know. We had to fight pretty hard to actually be able to bring this in here, but we won. So um…Thank you, for saving Chanyeol, and since your Kai’s little sister…” Onew says. And then everyone joins in for the last part, as if they could read Onew’s mind.

“Welcome to the SHINee and EXO family!!~~” They all shout excitedly and happily.

You can feel the tears begging to spill out and when everyone decides that it’d be okay to give you a weird one armed hug, being careful not to touch your wounds, you start crying. You can’t help it, and none of the boys judge you for it. Kai just comes over and wipes your eyes, and Chanyeol sits on the edge of your bed and opts to feed you the cake. The way you are lying it is hard to feed yourself, but you are slightly embarrassed to be having him feed you.  No one seems to care though, because everyone eats pizzas and cake, laughing and joking with you like you truly are part of their family. You have no idea when it got to be late, but the doctor comes in and tells everyone they have to pack up and leave soon. EXO and SHINee’s managers come in and start to help clean up.

“Wait!!” Taemin exclaims. Everyone looks at him as he rushes to the table beside your bed, where your phone was laying. He picks it up and opens it thanking the lord that there wasn’t a password. He finds your contact list and adds his number and takes a quick picture, as his contact picture.

“There.” He says. “Now if you need me, just text or call okay? No matter what time or no matter what I’m doing, I’ll try really hard to pick up or answer as quickly as possible okay?”

You smile and nod, trying not to cry again. He is about to hand your phone back when Kai pulls it out of his hands and repeats what Taemin did and says “Dido!” Next thing you know your phone is being passed around the room, to every single EXO and SHINee member and even the bands’ managers as they enter their numbers and take a contact picture, so that if you need someone, you have someone. You can’t hold it back anymore and start crying again, causing the members to chuckle lightheartedly. Kai comes over and wipes away your tears again, and then kisses the top of your head gently.

“Goodnight little sis. We’ll all come visit you again as soon as possible. Don’t forget that if you need us, you have all of our numbers. Goodbye~” He says. They all wave as they file out of the room. You look at your contacts and smile at the multiple numbers of the members of your two favorite bands.


Please comment and subscribe. Upvoting is appreciated. Thank you for reading!~

~Katiebooh98