Hyun-ae is Not to be Trusted

Wrong Place, Right Time

“You look really cute in my shirt.” Chanyeol says, randomly. You two had been cuddling for a bit, just happy being in each other’s presence.

“That was random.” You mumble. Your nose is pressed against his chest, so you can inhale his scent with every breath. You don’t know how long you’ve been here, cuddling like this, but you like it.

“I’m serious Kass. It’s really cute on you. It’s baggy on you, and you can tell it’s too big, yet you still decided to wear it. Do you know how adorable that is?” He chuckles. You look up at him and smile.

“Hey. We should probably go downstairs before the guys start thinking we are doing something up here.” You giggle while sitting up carefully. He stands up and walks towards the door and waits as you slowly walk your way over.

“Slow poke.” He teases. You look up at him, sighing at the height differences.

“Giant…” You grumble. He chuckles and grabs your chin gently, making you look at him. He leans down a bit, while you stand on your tiptoes, and you both share another sweet kiss.

“By the way, when I came up here, I told them I was going to use the bathroom. Which was true. But I got distracted and forgot to go…I still have to pee.” Chanyeol deadpans. “Anyways, that was like 30 minutes ago. They might already think we were doing something.”

Chanyeol chuckles as you blush bright red. He grabs your hand and starts pulling you towards the stairs. When you both get down there, the game pauses and everyone looks at you two, and your connected hands. You start getting shy as everyone just stares at the two of you, and side-step to where you are hidden behind Chanyeol a bit. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was giving the entire group a huge grin as it sinks in. You look around the group and you see Kris and Luhan cuddling off in a corner, and D.O playing a game while sitting in Kai’s lap, while Kai played a video game with Chen, Xiumin, and Suho. But other than that, everyone else was sitting and playing games with each other.

“Damnit!!” Chen suddenly shouts. “D.O won…”

Everyone pulls their wallets out of their pockets and hands D.O a ten dollar bill, including Kai. You look at Chanyeol confused, but he just shakes his head. The sound of a door opening and closing sounds in the house suddenly. Everyone turns around to see who came in, and when Kai sees a woman a bit older than him appear around the corner, he pushes D.O off of him gently and runs to the woman and hugs her.

“Noona!! You’re here~” Kai exclaims, hugging the woman. “You weren’t supposed to visit for another few months!~”

“I was gonna surprise your mom and dad…and then surprise you tomorrow at the dorm…uhm Kai what’s going on? Why are you all here?” She says looking around, spotting you hiding sheepishly behind Chanyeol again. “Most importantly, who is she, and why is she in your house?”

“Oh um…noona…This is my little sister…” Kai says, remembering that his cousin hadn’t been around when everyone found out. “She’s going to be living here now…”

“Your little sister? What are you talk-…Wait…” She steps closer to you, and Chanyeol side-steps so she can see you more clearly. You look at her shyly, before glancing off into another corner of the room.

“Kassandra? …Kassy? Is that really you? …” She asks. You turn your head towards her, wondering how she knew you.

“It’s not possible…you were just a baby…how did you find them?” She asks reaching out and placing her hands on your shoulders, causing you to flinch in pain. She moves her hands away and looks at you weirdly.

“I…well…I was at a café…and Kai, Chanyeol, D.O, Taemin, and Minho came in…” You say. Something about this woman made you uncomfortable. “A girl came in and tried shooting at Chanyeol…I shoved him out of the way and took the bullets for him…I lost too much blood, needed a blood transfusion, and the hospital didn’t have enough A type blood. Jongin donated some and when they tested on it, they discovered we had similar DNA.”

She suddenly hugs you, hurting you again. You yelp, and feel very thankful when Chanyeol pulls you into his arms gently, after the woman releases you.

“What happened? …” The woman asks.

“She took two bullets to the shoulder and one to the stomach when she saved Chanyeol…They are still very sore.” Kai explains.

“Oh…well…Kassy…When you were a baby, I was able to hold you a few times, before your parents had to put you up for adoption. Jongin was too young to remember…but I remember…I’m your cousin…”  She says. “My name is Hyun-ae. Nice to meet you.”

“You too…” You mumble still in pain. You watch her carefully as her eyes wander up to Chanyeol’s.

“Hey Yeollie~ How are you doing?” She asks.

“I’m fine.” He mumbles.

“Oh. Well, when you get the chance, you should come help me unpack.” She says, winking. You feel your head spin as you understand what’s going on. You feel Chanyeol’s arms tighten around you.

“I’m gonna pass on that.” He says, kissing the top of your head, after feeling you tense up. She seemingly gets the message for now and starts walking away. Kai gives her a weird glare as everyone sits in the awkward silence.

“Um…will someone tell me what just happened? …” You ask.

“I’ll tell you later tonight sweetheart…let’s just try to enjoy ourselves okay?” Chanyeol says. You nod slowly and allow yourself to be taken to the couch and pulled down into Chanyeol’s lap. Kai takes his seat and pulls D.O back into his lap and smiles at you apologetically.

“I play loser!~” Chanyeol suddenly calls. Everyone laughs, and after a few moments everyone completely forgets about the woman who had just walked in the house.

An hour or two pass and everyone gotten tired of playing individually, so you all make a circle on the floor and decide to play truth or dare. You all get really into it and have fun making people do weird things. None of them would allow you to pick a dare though, because they didn’t want you hurting yourself. You protested at first, but near the end of the game, you were thankful because you saw what kinds of dares they did. You yawn as the front door opens again.

“We’re home Kassy~” They call not expecting the entire EXO group to be here, or your cousin. They walk into the living and see everyone sitting in a circle playing around and then look down the hall as they hear a pair of footsteps coming down the steps.

“Hyun-ae? You’re here? And why are you boys here?” Your birth mom asks very confused.

“You weren’t going to be here for a while when we dropped Kassy off, so we all decided to spend the night here. If you don’t mind that is.” Suho says.

“That’s no problem. Make yourselves at home. You know you’re always welcome, we normally just have a bit of warning before we have 12 guys in our house.” Your birth mom says. “Now, Hyun-ae what are you doing here?”

“Can I not come say hi to my favorite aunt and uncle?” She asks chuckling. Chanyeol wraps his arm around your waist again, as you once again yawn. Kai seems to notice your yawns too.

“Chanyeol, why don’t you go take Kassy up to her? She seems tired. You sleep with her in her room, just don’t do anything.” Kai says, causing you both to blush. Chanyeol helps you to your feet then leads you down the hallway. As you are walking down the hall with him you can here Kai say, “Listen Hyun-ae, you leave Chanyeol alone. You’ve hurt him enough. He’s over you and doesn’t want to play your games anymore. He finally found someone who makes him happy, so don’t ruin it for him like you have before.” He says more, but you can’t make it out anymore, having gotten out of earshot. As you enter the room you walk over to your bed and sit down on it, then look at Chanyeol expectantly.

“What?” He asks, trying to avoid the topic he knows is coming.

“You know what…” You say. You frown as Chanyeol sits next to you sighing and laying back.

“Do I have to get into this?” He asks while pouting. He crosses his arms over his face and over his eyes, trying to hide his emotions.

“I’d appreciate it…” You say while grabbing his hand. He peers at you from under his arms the groans.

“Okay…” He says. He sits up and places his back against the head board and pulls you to where you are sitting between his legs with your back pressed to his chest. He gingerly wraps his arms around you, being very careful of your shoulder and stomach and buries his nose in your hair. He inhales deeply before sighing again. “You can’t hate me, okay?  You can’t judge me…and you have to trust me okay?” You nod as you entwine your fingers with his.

“Okay…so um…Hyun-ae and I…we were a thing once…well sort of…There was a point in time where the band was obsessed with setting me up with someone, because I was depressed and they decided having a girlfriend would make it better. Jongin told me his cousin was a big fan of our group, and that I was her bias…So I agreed to meet her. When we met, we hit it off. I didn’t think she was the “one”, but she was cute and I liked her. We went on a few dates, but I never officially asked her to be my girlfriend. One night I got drunk and out…when I woke up the next morning I was , in bed with her.” Chanyeol stops to sigh. He presses his forehead against your good shoulder and then continues. “After that, every time I saw her, she wanted from me, but at first I didn’t want to. I told her what had happened was a mistake because I was drunk. Eventually she started threatening telling the cops that I had her unless I had with her, and me being young and naïve didn’t understand the fact that she had no proof. But I fell for it and started having with her. After a while I started hating it less…but then she found a guy she wanted to date, so whatever was between us stopped. Until I found another girl I liked. She flipped her when she found out and ruined my chances with the girl. Told her I had an STD, which I do not. Hyun-ae also told her that I was using her for her money. The girl had a rich family, but that was not the reason I liked her. I didn’t even know she was rich until she told me that she couldn’t date me because Hyun-ae told her I would only use her for it. She didn’t listen to me though.” He takes another short pause to kiss your shoulder, to make sure you weren’t going to leave him.

“Hyun-ae soon after broke up with her boyfriend, and our games commenced. She would just randomly drop me and our games when she found a new guy to toy with and eventually I got tired of waiting for her to come back to or games. I started looking for another girlfriend and when I found another girl I liked, I told Jongin to keep Hyun-ae out of my life and out of my business, which he did for the most part. But she eventually figured out who the girl was. One day when I was on a date with the girl, Hyun-ae walked up to me and started making out with me right in the middle of the restaurant. She like almost went as far as to grind against me, and I was weaker back then physically, so I didn’t have the strength to push her off of me, so my date started thinking I was kissing back, so she left and Hyun-ae and I were thrown out by the management. I was so embarrassed. I told Hyun-ae I never wanted to see her again. Then about 5 months ago, I ran into her at a bar and I was drunk again. I ended up in bed with her again. When I woke up the next morning, I cussed at her and left. She moved away shortly after that, but she told me she would be back, and she would see me then. I told Jongin that I wanted nothing to do with her, and I told him about everything that had happened. He told me that when she came back, he would make sure that Hyun-ae couldn’t get to me. He even went as far as to call her and tell her that I was done with the games, and that I was tired of being used. He told her to stay away from me. And when she appeared here tonight, I was honestly a bit terrified. I’m so scared she’s going to try to do something to tear us apart like she has done with the other girls in my life. The only difference is, I love you…I think you’re the one for me…and if she tears us apart, I don’t know if I could stand it…” He kisses your shoulder again and squeezes you a bit, still being careful not to hurt you.

“Yeollie, she isn’t going to come between us okay? I love you, and now I know right? So I know not to trust her.” You say turning your head to look back at him. He smiles at you and kisses your lips gently. He sighs happily and caresses your cheek gently.

“Of course. You’re right. I’m worrying about nothing.” He chuckles. “Now let’s get to sleep, okay?”

“Yeah” You say laying down on your back as Chanyeol lies down next to you and cuddles you gently. He kisses your lips gently one last time.

“Goodnight sweetheart. I love you.” He says gently.

“Goodnight Yeollie. I love you too.” You say before falling asleep in his arms.


Hey guys!~ Thanks for reading and i hope you are enjoying it. I'm working really hard on making this the best it can be. I'm going to start doing shoutouts at the end of my chapters to people who comment, subscribe, upvote or get ahold of me through one of my soocial media pages and tell me they want a shoutout for this story. So please subscribe, comment, and upvote! Or get in touch with me on any of these 5 places. If you want a shoutout, tell me you are from Asianfanfics, for the Wrong Place, Right Time, story.

Facebook: X      Tumblr: Personal - X, SHINee and EXO Imagines - X (I'm admin Taem)

Twitter: X     Instagram: X

~Katiebooh98