A Bad Feeling

Wrong Place, Right Time

You wake up the next morning to an empty bed. You here laughing and goofing around coming from downstairs, so you change into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt and wander downstairs. You start smelling bacon, eggs, and pancakes the closer you get to the kitchen. You smile to yourself, until you walk into the room everyone is sitting in. Everyone is sitting around a table that is fairly big. There are a few open seats, yet, when you walk in you see Hyun-ae sitting so close to Chanyeol that she is practically sitting on top of him…and he doesn’t even look uncomfortable about it. You sigh a bit and push it out of your mind. It’s just your imagination. You walk over to Chanyeol and lean your forehead on the back of his head, inhaling the sweet smell. He hear him chuckle and you smile when he turns a bit to grab your good hand and pull you into his lap gently.

“Good morning sweetheart.” He says as a giant smile spreads across his face.

“Morning~” You say while muffling a yawn. He chuckles and you lean down and kiss his lips softly.

“Make out on your own time.” You hear Kai grumble. “By the way Chanyeol, if you hurt her, the company will take one look at you and fire you, you’ll be so mangled.” He states matter-of-factly. You can hear Chanyeol fake a gulp.

“Oh god I’m so scared.” Chanyeol says faking a scared expression, adding in a mumble afterwards, “Little man.” People sitting near Chanyeol that could hear what he said, starts chuckling.

“What’d you say?” Kai grumbles.

“Little. Man.” Chanyeol repeats louder, in a cocky tone.

“You wanna go?” Kai asks, as he stands up and puts his fists up like he’s going to punch Chanyeol. You chuckle as Chanyeol gently lifts you off his lap as he stands up and takes his fighting stance.

“Bring it shorty!” Chanyeol says. They start play hitting each other, and you can see the happiness in their eyes as they interact. EXO truly was like a giant family.

“I’m not short! You’re just a giant!” Kai retorts. You stand there laughing at your brother and boyfriend, while everyone laughs too. Well almost everyone. You glance down at Hyun-ae who is glaring at you, until she realizes she was caught. She smiles gently at you before watching the boys again. Something still felt odd about her, and you swear you’ve seen her before last night, but you don’t know where.

“Okay boys, that’s enough rough housing.” Your birth mom says as she walks in with food. That’s when you realize Kai and Chanyeol had started wrestling and they were awkwardly tangled from struggling to get the upper hand. The moment their eyes land on the food though, they were in their seats again in a split second. You chuckle as Chanyeol’s eyes light up. He looks at you and gently pulls you into his lap again and offers you a bite of food he’d already managed to pile up on his plate. You take the bite and smile as you look around the table, as everyone eats as a happy family, with one person who looks like she wants to murder someone.

“So Kai, have they found the person that shot Kassy? Do they have any leads or suspects?” Your birth mom asks.

He finishes the bite in his mouth before saying, “They thought they had a lead, but it ended in a dead end. Someone said that they saw who had done it, because they had followed her, but when they went to question him the next day, at his house, they found him dead.”

“That’s horrible.” Your birth dad says.

“They think that the shooter somehow found out he tipped the police off and she went and killed him. They aren’t sure, but it would make sense. A shooter on the loose that definitely does not want to be caught gets mad that a person has tipped off the police, so she goes in and kills the person who holds some of the only pieces of evidence or clues. They don’t understand how the person keeps leaving the crime scene completely clean. No finger prints or anything.” Chanyeol adds.

“This conversation is depressing. Can we not talk about it while we are supposed to be having fun?” Chen says suddenly after a pause of silence. Chanyeol offers you another bite and you take it happily. You chuckle as Baekhyun groans.

“This is like Yifan and Luhan, and Jongin and Kyungsoo all over again.” He groans. “Quit being gross. No one wants to see you guys be lovey dovey.”

“What’d you say?” Kris and Kai say at the same time.

“Just ignore him guys.” Chanyeol states. “He’s just jealous because no guys want him.”

“What? I could get a boyfriend the moment I wanted one.” Baekhyun says.

“Yeah? Then why do you always moan and pout about being lonely and wanting a boyfriend if you could get one?” Chanyeol retorts. You go ahead and stand up as Baekhyun stands up.

“I do not moan and pout about that.” Baekhyun says. Chanyeol stands up too, looking down at him. They walk over to the living room that is conjoined with the dining room and face each other.

“You say, “Guys~ I’m so lonely! Come hang out with me, or go shopping with me! Oh wait let me put eyeliner on you and see how good it looks!” and when we say we have our own plans you always say, and I quote, “I wish I had a boyfriend…he would pay attention to me.”” Chanyeol says, smirking triumphantly as Baekhyun gets flustered. You chuckle and sit down as Baekhyun and Chanyeol start wrestling and play fighting like Kai and Chanyeol had earlier. You look around the table at all the guys laughing as the guys play and wrestle around on the floor. You feel your stomach growl so you look at Chanyeol’s mountain of food and start eating a bit of it.

“Hey hey hey.” You hear Chanyeol say from his spot on the floor. He’s tangled with Baekhyun, but he’s looking at you.

“What?” You chuckle.

“No eating my food.” He says. You laugh when his eyes almost budge out of his head as Baekhyun changes position and manages to pin Chanyeol’s arms. Chanyeol forgets you were eating his food and goes back to wrestling with Baekhyun. You are about to get your own plate of food, when there’s a knock on the door, and the doorbell rings.

“Who could that be?” Your birth mom says. You, Kai and your birth parents stand up and walk to the front door to see who is here, and when your birth dad opens the door to reveal a couple of police officers, you all get serious.

“Is this the Kim household?” One of the cops asks.

“Yes sir.” Your birth dad says.

“We were sent to tell you that there are a couple of leads of who the shooter was. We got a few anonymous calls saying they heard a female with long black hair, reaching to about mid back leaving our second victims house after they heard gunshots. We still have no idea if these two cases are connected, but we all strongly believe they are. We got one other anonymous call from someone who claims to have seen the shooter fleeing the scene of the first shooting. We will keep you updated as we find things out. Any questions?” The same cop says.

“No sir.” Your birth dad says.

“We’ll be leaving then. If you see or hear anything, or if anything happens to any of you guys. Bye.” The officer says and they walk away. You four all walk back to the dining room and all eyes are on you. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are back in their seats, hair ruffled and clothes in disarray, but everyone looks at you with curious eyes. Kai, and your birth parents sit back in their seats as Chanyeol pulls you back into his lap. You look him over and use your good arm to straighten out his clothes, and tame his hair.

“So who was there?” Hyun-ae finally breaks the silence. You look over at her and nearly choke on the food Chanyeol had just fed you. You sit there coughing for a good minute as everyone stares at you in horror. But you’re staring in horror at Hyun-ae. Hyun-ae has long black hair, which reaches about mid-back. You know the possibility that she’s the shooter is like slim to none, but it still surprised you as you realized that. Plus, this doesn’t help the fact that something still feels off about her. Then again, you are just imagining that, because you have a hard time letting people in…except the SHINee and EXO boys.

“You okay Kassy?” She asks, as Chanyeol rubs your back with the most perplexed face you’ve ever seen, it was almost hilarious.

“Yeah. I’m fine.” You chuckle after taking a sip of water. “The food just decided to go down the wrong pipe.”

“Okay…Well…um…who was at the door?” Hyun-ae asks again.

“It was the police. They were saying that they have a few leads, and that a few anonymous callers had seen the shooter at both scenes.” Your birth mom says with a frown. You see Hyun-ae’s fist tighten around her fork and that uneasy feeling comes back.

“Oh? Well that’s good then.” Hyun-ae says, and then everything falls quiet again. The rest of breakfast is quiet and a bit awkward. After breakfast, EXO has to get ready for a fan meet that would be taking place in a few hours.

“You should come with us Kass.” Chanyeol says as he flattens his shirt and tucks it into his pants. He inspects himself in the mirror and groans at his hair, which was refusing to do anything. “Why won’t you work with me you useless strands?”

“Channie, don’t worry about your hair. Your stylists can take care of it when you get there, and I don’t know if it’s a good idea for me to come…” You say. He turns around and scowls at you.

“You’re coming Kass. Don’t argue with me. Your parents picked out a lot of nice outfits for you, so go find one you like, get dressed, and then meet us down stairs in an hour.” Chanyeol says as he pushes you out of the room. He kisses you before waving at you to go get dressed. You groan and meander down to your hall, passing Hyun-ae’s room in the process.

“The police have a few leads.” You hear her groan. You walk closer to the door and peer in. She is laying on her bed, eyes closed as she speaks. Her phone is on her stomach and on speaker, so you can hear the response she gets.

“Don’t worry about it okay?” A male voice says. “Everything will be okay. I have faith everything will turn out right in the end. So, have you been able to pull Chanyeol back into your grasps?”

“Ugh…no…he’s dating some 19 year old chick, who apparently is my cousin. You know, the one Jongin’s parents shipped away as a baby.” She groans. “That won’t last though. He can’t resist me. This morning at breakfast I totally had him wanting me again until the idiot walked in.”

You feel your heart sink and walk away. So she is trying to steal Chanyeol away from you. You walk to your room and pick out an outfit. You get yourself ready and groan inwardly at your hair. You end up chuckling at how ironic it is and smiling at the fact that you have a lot in common with Chanyeol. Your heart quickly sinks again as you think back to the conversation you had just heard. You drag yourself out of your room and down the stairs. You are about to turn the corner to the living room when you hear some talking from the kitchen.

“Chanyeol~ you know…I’ve missed you~” You hear. Your heart sinks knowing that Chanyeol is probably alone in the kitchen with Hyun-ae.

“Good for you…” You hear him grumble. You hear the fridge close and the popping sound of a bottle being opened. You peer into the kitchen, but stay out of sight.

“Oh come on Channie~ Don’t be like that~” Hyun-ae says as she places a hand against Chanyeol’s chest.

“Don’t touch me Hyun-ae. I want nothing to do with you. I have someone I love, and this time I’m not going to let someone ruin that for me.” Chanyeol says while removing her hand from his chest. He tries to walk past her, but she side steps in front of him.

“I know you miss our games Chanyeol. You can’t have fun with her like you did with me. I mean look at her, she’s probably a 19 year old . You wouldn’t want to be responsible for ruining her first time now would you? Besides, if she is still a , there has to be a reason why. Look, I know it has been a while since the last time we…had fun…but I know you still know how to make me feel like no other man can…Yeollie~” Hyun-ae says. You frown when Hyun-ae places her hand on his face and steps closer, and you feel your heart drop when Chanyeol doesn’t push her away this time.

“So what do you say Yeollie?~ Wanna have fun like the old times?” Hyun-ae asks pressing herself against Chanyeol and kissing him on the lips. You feel your heart break, but you feel a little hope when Chanyeol immediately pushes her away.

“No Huyn-ae. I love Kassy. You aren’t going to change how I feel with any of your words.” Chanyeol says. Hyun-ae huffs and suddenly presses herself against him.

“If you won’t give me what I want, I guess I’ll just have to take it then.” Hyun-ae says. Hyun-ae tries to start ing Chanyeol’s shirt as Chanyeol struggles to get Hyun-ae off of him.

“Hyun-ae what are you doing?” Kai’s voice booms in the kitchen. You flinch as you realize he saw you spying and got curious as well.

“Oh…um Kai! I was just um…” Hyun-ae tries to find an excuse.

“Molest my friend, yeah I see that. Go away.” He says irritated. You press yourself against the wall as she storms away so she won’t see you as she passes you. You find yourself sobbing quietly as you stay there and eavesdrop.

“You okay dude?” Kai asks Chanyeol.

“Yeah…Just don’t tell Kassy about this please?” Chanyeol asks straightening himself out.

“I won’t.” Kai promises as they walk past you. You know Kai knows you were there, but he didn’t tell Chanyeol. He didn’t even look at you as they walked by. You go to the closest bathroom and calm yourself down. At least Chanyeol pushed her away right? You keep telling yourself that…but no matter how many times you do you always remember that glint in his eyes, that he got when she started talking about you being a , and him knowing how to make her feel good. It was almost a look of longing.


Thank you all so much for reading!

Follow me on twitter. X

Ask me things on Ask.fm. X

Stalk my Insta if you want. X

And most importantly, please subscribe, comment and upvote!~

200_s.gif

Bye bye~

(Also, thank you to DeerLuhan2233, who is like the only person who actually comments. Your comments mean a lot...thank you!~)

~Katiebooh98