Chapter 3~ Confession-Edited

I do (love you) [Previously: Reaching Out]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lay was so confused. He knew he wanted to open up to Suho, but he didn’t know how. He didn’t even know if Suho was gay. As he walked by the jewelry store after a long dance practice, something caught his eye. Two necklaces, both unicorns. One was silver and the other was gold. Before he could even think, he had already walked into the store. “Can I see those necklaces by the display?” he asked politely. The older woman smiled and took the two necklaces, putting them onto the glass table for Lay to examine. As Lay took the necklaces into his hand, he immediately thought of Suho. “It’s like a sign,” he thought, “a sign that it’s time to confess. But, what if he doesn’t like me in the same way?” With a sudden burst of confidence, he bought the necklaces, thanking the noona politely and putting them in his jacket pocket.

 

    Walking home, he started to have doubts, and he began to worry. Suho and he were so close. Would Suho want to ruin that relationship? Now regretting buying the necklaces, he called Chen, who had recently confessed to Xiumin. After three rings, Chen picked up. “Hey, what’s up Lay!”

    “Hey, Chen-” He was cut off.

    “Hey, I can’t talk right now. I’m trying to plan something special for Xiumin, and I’m brainstorming...can this wait?”

    Lay, immediately embarrassed, agreed and hung up. Sighing, he continued his walk home.

 

    Walking up the steps of the dorm, he pulled out his key. Putting it in, the lock rattled as he unlocked the wooden door. As he stepped into the house, he hung his jacket by the door and turned around. There, he saw what he thought he would only see in his dreams. Suho was standing there, a big smile on his face. In front of him were rose petals, and candles that spelled YIXING, visible because the room had been dimmed to a romantic setting. The last thing he remembered was being overwhelmed and brushing past Suho and he walked into his room.

 

    In his room, he broke down, wondering why he did that. He tore himself apart, and as he creaked his door slowly open, he stared at Suho through the crack, as Suho fell to his knees and cried out, sobbing uncontrollably. His cries echoed through the house, tearing Lay’s heart apart. Lay watched as silent tears fell from his eyes. He wanted to get up, go to Suho and comfort him. He wanted to accept and embrace Suho, and shower him with kisses like he always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter