Easier Said Than Done

The Mark of EXO

Amber was in the field again, but this time there was a table and two chairs.

She was occupying one of the two, and beckoned me to one when I arrived. I sat down, and she did too. There was tea in front of us, and I gave her a questioning look. "Uh, why is there tea when it wont effect us?" I asked her, and she laughed.

"No reason, just go with it." She exclaimed. She took a sip, and sighed after. I followed, and surprisingly it tasted good. It had the taste of raspberry and green tea. We sat in silence for a bit, and I enjoyed the delicious drink, and the scenery around us.

"So, anything interesting happen since we saw each other earlier?" She asked giving me that 'I know something happened, so just spill' look. It made me think of the kiss with Suho oppa and immediately looked away.

"Nope, not a thing!" I said a little too quickly. She laughed, and kept getting me to admit what happened out loud.

"Fine! I kissed Suho oppa!" I exclaimed, and Amber then smiled, but then it quickly changed to a concern look. I fidgeted in my seat wondering why she was giving me that look. 

"Like I said earlier. Try not to get too attached. You are going to have to leave soon. I've been preparing things, and we could be leaving any time now." She said while keeping that stern look. I nodded my head, and agreed with her. 

"Not just kissing, but skin-ship in general." She told me.

"Easier said then done." I explained. For all I know it will be like a challenge to them, or they will throw a tantrum. Boys with powers and tantrums will not go over well.

"Try, it wont be much longer." Amber informed me.

"Do you know of what we are going to do." I asked, and she jumped a bit. Obviously she did, but she kind of looked away. We started doing what we were doing earlier, but I couldn't get her t cave.

"I'm sorry So Ri, but it's better if you don't know. You can trust me, and we can save the tree, or should I say you." Amber looked towards to tree.

"Wait, Me?" I asked. She didn't say anything, and got up out of the seat.

"I already let too much slip. Just please don't ask anymore. Trust me, the more you don't know the safer you are." She said. I do trust Amber, but I want to know so bad. 

"Alright." I looked down in my lap, and played with my hands. I could hear her footsteps coming towards me. It stopped right next to me, and she bent down taking my chin to look at her.

"I know your sad, and curious. You will know everything when the time is right. Be patient, and remember what I told you." And just like that she was gone, and I soon left too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in my bed, and I could feel Suho's arms around me. I looked over at his still sleeping figure that made me smile. I was about to run my hands through his hair until Amber's words popped into my head,

"Like I said earlier. Try not to get too attached. You are going to have to leave soon. I've been preparing things, and we could be leaving any time now."

I stopped my hands, and brought them back to me. I teleported out of Suho oppa's grip like I did with Lay ge yesterday. I then went to change into a comfortab;e outfit for the day.

 

I exited the bathroom, and saw that Suho was still asleep. I decided to let him sleep, so I went to explore again. I walked around the castle, and looked in random doors. I stumbled upon some cool things like and indoor pool,

A little art room,

A gym,

and the one it stopped in. The music room,

It reminded me of T.O.P oppa, and GD oppa. I walked in, and looked around at the different switches. I didn't dare to touch them, since I was too afraid to mess up there stuff. I looked around more until I found a guitar chilling in a corner. I admired it, and slowly went to pick it up. It was lighter than what I expected. I found a stool to sit on, and brought the guitar to my lap. I strummed it, and surprisingly it was in tune. I started playing a song that GD oppa taught me once. It was all I kind of knew, since I only played on my free times. It was a beautiful slow melody, and he told me he wrote it for Dara unnie. The song made me think of them, and it hurt when my mind lingered onto Dara unnie. I wondered what she has been up to, and if she missed me. Because I most certainly did.

I finished playing the song, and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I didn't notice someone was in the room until I heard clapping. I jumped, and looked up at who had entered. 

"How long were you standing there?" I asked him.

"Long enough to hear your pretty song." Chanyeol oppa's deep voice rang throughout the large room. He came over, and sat down on the piano bench next to the stool I was currently occupying. He was looking at me, with a smile on his face that could make me melt, and there I decided his smiles were my favorite.

"When did you learn to play?" He asked pointing towards the guitar that was across my lap.

"Not long, this song is all I know. If i were to put a date I began it would have probably been a few days after I escaped." I informed him. He kept smiling and nodded my head.

"Do you play?" I asked.

"Yeah, music is probably one of my favorite things. I'm the one who is in this room the most, and also Lay hyung. We all enjoy music, so we play around in here and make music together." He said.

"Can I hear?" I asked really quickly. It made him laugh, and he beckoned my towards the sound board. He pressed some buttons, and put some headphones on. I then turned to me and placed some on my head, and in the process he caressed my cheeks. I turned in embarrassment, and I heard muffled laughter since I had headphones in. It was quiet for a moment until a soft piano melody. I looked at Chanyeol oppa, he mouth Baekhyun oppa's name, a voice then started singing and he mouthed D.O oppa. His voice was so pretty. The voice changed, and it was Beakhyun oppa. The music got louder, and it was Chen oppa. The song kept switching between them. The one thing I noticed was the lyrics. They were so sad, and made me sad too. I didn't notice I was crying until the song ended. A thumb came over and wiped the tears away. I looked up at Chanyeol oppa, who had a small smile on his face.

"We wrote that for you." he said after he took my headphone off. Right after he said that I jumped onto him, and hugged him. There are no words to describe how happy I was at that moment.

"Thank you." I mumbled into his shoulder. He patted my back, and hugged me tighter.

"You are always welcome." He responded back. We stayed like that for a few minutes, until I let go of him.

"That song was called Miracles in December. Not all the boys were in it, but we all helped with things like lyrics, writing the melody, and other stuff like that." He informed me.

"It was very beautiful." I told him, and for a while we listened to other things. It was funny to hear Chanyeol oppa rap, and Sehun oppa's cute lisp. We were having a lot of fun, and soon some others found us.

"This is where you were!" Baekhyun oppa stood in the door way, and Xiumin oppa was behind him, and quietly waved at me. I waved in return. They both came in, and started listening with us. Baekhyun was happy that I liked his singing when I mentioned it, and so did Xiumin oppa. 

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Well, Kris hyung and Tao are in the art room, Luhan hyung, Sehun, and Kai are eating, and I don't know where the rest are." Baekhyun oppa said. I looked up at the clock hanging on the wall, and it was already 1 o'clock. Suddenly a poof of smoke entered the room, and Kai was there. He had his hands full with some boxes, and food was in his mouth.

"Lunch!" He explained, and I surprisingly managed to catch that with the food in his mouth. He came around, and handed us boxes.

"Do you want me to feed you princess?" he asked giving me a smirk when he handed me my box. I only pushed his face, that was inches from mine, away and laughed. I opened the box, which was basically a bento box. I took my chopsticks, ands dug in.


It was delicious, and I could tell the others enjoyed it too, since the room was so quiet. Kai left to go back to the others, since the rest of his food was there. I wondered why they were eating Bento boxes for lunch, when they could eat whatever they wanted.

"Why do you guys eat this when you could have whatever you want?" I asked, and the boys finally looked up from there food. I also realized they had multiple boxes unlike me who only had one.

"We may be royalty, but we enjoy commoner food as well." Xiumin said with a smile. 

"But the other day you said you guys never had chicken before." I stated.

"Nope. We have other meat instead. I don't know why Bom noona made us go so long without it." Chanyeol oppa said. I shrugged my shoulders, and finished my meal. It was really good, and Bom unnie always does a great job. I began thinking about them again. Amber says that I'm going to have too leave soon, so I might not ba able too see them all for a long time.

"Princess are you ok?" I heard Chanyeol oppa ask beside me. I looked up at him, and saw that he had a very concerned look on his face.

"I'm fine." After a little bit of convincing he dropped it. I reminded myself that I haven't been distancing myself like I needed to. I just need to come up with a reason to be left alone.

"Hey, I think I'm going to go take a bath." I told them while standing and stretching.

"Ok, do you need any help?" Baekhyun oppa gave me a wink. I felt the red coming up to my face.

"No! I'll be fine." I quickly scurried out of the room, and started down the hallway. To my surprise I managed to find my room, and luckily for me no one was in there. I grabbed some things and made my way to the bathroom. I placed all my things on the counter and fixed myself a bath, and picked out all the things to put in it. I slipped out of my clothes, and lowered myself into the hot bath. It was really relaxing, and I never thought I would enjoy silence in a long time. I started scrubbing my hair, and started humming a song I heard my unnies sing (If I Were You *2ne1*). I began thinking about the times back in captivity, and about the ones who kidnapped me. All the things I've learned, and was taught there. How I was meant to hurt people, and what other horrible things I would be capable of.

I looked down at my small hand, and imagined how much power was behind these little things. I started playing with the water, and made little balls of it in the air, and made them dance over head. It started making me think that even though I could hurt many people, that I could also bring peace, and use my powers to help people. Like my mates, I could help this country.

"Whatcha doing?" The voice behind me made me shriek, and the orbs of water fell on me. I turned around and saw Amber standing there.

"You scared me!" I yelled towards her. She laughed and came over to the edge, and stuck her bare feet and legs in. She wasn't , but simply rolled her pant legs up to she didn't get water on her clothes. 

"Sorry, I was actually standing there for a could minutes, and you didn't notice. What were you thinking about?" She asked me. I looked down at my hands again, and explained to her about how I'm going to use my powers for good an not evil.

"Thats good to hear! I know you will make a great queen one day. My sister saw that." I blushed at her comment, and thanked her.

"So, I'm proud that you could stay away from those boys. Or should I say I'm proud of them for not coming in here." She laughed, and I soon joined her.

"I know, I tried so hard. Theres so many of them, and everywhere I go there is one who is already there, or they find me a few minutes later. I never thought I would even enjoy the quietness again." We continued laughing, and after a few seconds it died done.

"So, there was actually a reason for me to come here." Her face turned serious, and the room became tense.

"We are leaving tonight." Her words hit me like a ton of bricks. I was expecting that this would be happening so soon. 

"So soon?" I asked. She nodded, and put a finger to her lips indicating to not say another word.

"Whats the plan?" I lipped towards her. She then put her head on her hands indicating that she wants to talk in my dreams. I nodded, and got out of the bath. i put on relaxing clothes, and headed towards bed. Again no one was in the room, and I got into my bed. Amber was standing in front of the bed.

"You know I wont be able to sleep with you looking at me like that." I patted the space beside me, and it took her a second before she agreed to nap with me. She got in, and places her hat on the nightstand. We layed down, and I wrapped my arms around her in which she did the same. Soon we were both in dream land.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww yeah! Finally reaached double digit chapter!!! XD

Again sorry about the slow updates. I've been working 6-8 hour shifts, and get home dead tired. I have today and tomorrow off, and I hope to put more up!

I was surprised to see in the poll for the last chapter that Chanyeol and Xiumin tied for first place! D.O came in second, and again I was surprised that Sehun came in last. Most of the stories find on this site are with Sehun. I never see much of Chanyeol or Xiumin which makes me sad since there are in my top, and for Chanyeol being my bias.....

Anyway, I'lll update soon. In the meantime I'll put these here...


(Yeah..... I'm a little obsessed......)