System No.27: Down (Chapter 4)

System No.27: Down

“Excuse me? Seung-hyun, do you mind if I have a private conversation with Mr. Yang, please?” I asked and he moved away a little unwillingly and trudged off outside the room.

 

I stared into Mr. Yang, taken aback at his words. He only smiled at me and told me that this was a gimmick to ensure that I could study him, as I need to. He continued that since I will have to be with Seung-hyun often, it is only right to fix my identity for the larger masses. He said that it would be better to release a statement before the press gets hold of anything that might put "number 27" in the limelight. It sounded rather logical to me so I just agreed with him in the end.

 

I walked out of the room after thanking Mr. Yang to officially greet the great Choi Seung-hyun whom I will be working with closely. Outside the room, he was standing motionlessly, looking at nothing but the frames on the wall in which a few had his portraits in it.

 

“Hi, I’m Aurora,” I introduced myself and he just nods, acknowledging my existence. I asked him if he’d like a drink and he shook his head. It does not look like it will be easy to convince him into doing things with me around or for him to be participative in whatever I figure would aid in fixing him.

 

In his eyes, I am a normal person. What he doesn’t know is that I am like him. I don’t know how to make my act believable because I always followed a schedule or had alwyas had orders given to me. Having to do things on my own hands makes me feel uncomfortable and out of place but alas, if I want to make sure I can fix this problem, I have to always take the initiative - regardless of how helpless it is slowly making me feel. I am still unsure if he knows I am modified but I guess he doesn't since he had not asked me about my being from the start.

 

“You know I am a normal person who just works making systems like you, right?” I started and he smirked, his eyes far from contact to me.

 

“We’ll see,” he replied, his voice dripping with an undertone of threat.

 

It was the first time that I heard his voice that was deeper than I expected. I offered him to go to a bar, maybe grab some food and drinks and try to talk to him. If he really feels more than he should to an extend that he wants to take control of his being, then he would be one who would speak up more. I didn’t know how I would actually be able to make him speak, then again, trying would not kill a muscle.

 

“So Seung-hyun, can I call you that? Seung-hyun?” He just nods mindlessly, eyes still wandering elsewhere, on everything but me.

 

“Do you want to grab some drinks?” I asked him to which he only shrugged but I took it as a positive response. I continued by asking him where his car is assuming significantly that he owns a ride. I mean he is rich, and very capable, what’s a car to a superior being like him.

 

“I don’t drive.” He answered me simply.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dearest readers, I am so thankful you guys are here, reading the stuff I am writing, it brings me so much joy when I get notifications of new readers on board the ride that is this fic!!!! Do leave a comment or two telling how it is or just say hi!!!!! 

Also, I had just uploaded a cover: https://soundcloud.com/kpopasheck/loser-by-bigbang-cover - this is me shamelessly advertising myself.

Can just also add I am in love with Bigbang's new music? Let me know how you like it too, would love to hear your thoughts on their comeback! As you might have already guessed my bias is TOP and my God, he looks stunning in both M/Vs!!! to me at least lol