System No.27: Down (Chapter 12)

System No.27: Down

I woke up groggily, a sort of lethargic tiredness engulfing my body. It took me tons of willpower to actually get out of the most comfortable bed I had been in. I turned to my side to see if Jae was around but he was not - I took a guess that he probably had headed out to work. That was before the smell of bacon and pancake got me running out to the kitchen. Jaejoong had always been great at cooking and seeing breakfast made by him in front of me... there was no way I was not fighting for it.

 

"Calm down, I made this for you." he chuckled and thanked him excessively before dining in without a care for anything else. As I was eating, I noticed Jae just sitting in front of me, watching me without a word and a smile crept up my face.

 

"I know I'm really pretty but hold your horses, lover boy!" I teased and a tinge of red highlighted his cheek. 

 

"Aeron... did Seung-hyun do anything to you?" he asked and I almost choked on the eggs when the events of last night came climbing back into my mind.

 

"Don't worry about it, it's work-related." I answered him honest and continued devoring the good food that is bacon.

 

"He is one of the most genuine person I know," he started and it bothered me a little that Jae referred to him as genuine because technically, he isn't but still Jae continued, "but if he makes you uneasy, don't be around him."

 

I looked up to see Jae-joong's face laced with warning. I nodded in silence but still managed to thank him for his care and concern. He stood up to kiss my temple before leaving to get ready for work. Similarly, I ate, cleaned up and got ready to head home.

 

"I am always with you, Aeron." Jae-joong assured me one more time before I leave like I would ever doubt him. I knocked his head playfully telling him "I got it" before leaving.

 

I was not expecting much at home except for a worried father which was indeed what I got but there was nothing that could ready me when I saw in the living room of my home, my father having coffee with another man who is now growing to be unknowingly familiar.

 

"Seung-hyun?"