System No.27: Down (Chapter 3)

System No.27: Down

My father permitted me to study the case this way, first-hand and even Mr. Yang agreed. I thought since there was no much data that was helping, there really was nothing much I knew from what was going on. Especially since he had been working perfectly fine for so long, his track record was clean and neat; it was almost impossible for a system like that to be faulty.

 

Mr.Yang however was adamant that something was different and he could not quite put a ring on it. Hw was desperate to change Choi Seung-hyun the same thing he purchased years ago. I knew that there was little I could do at the moment but I hoped so hard somehow I could find the answer. The lingering feeling of not knowing what to do bothered me since I always had a solution for any problem. But soon enough after I stopped in front of the building of his entertainment agency, my focus stilled on the situation at hand.

 

“Hi, I’m looking for Mr. Yang?” I asked at the information counter and was lead to an elevator up to the highest level of the building. 

 

In it were me, and this other man who was shrouded in this rather mysterious aura. Mysterious because he was in all blacks and even in a place like this, his shades we on. He did not move much, in fact he was stoic the entire time we were in the same enclosed place; no twitching or movement even at the least. More than mysterious, he looked strange. His hair was light in color and he was standing straight. He must have been modified. I know one when I see one. We alighted on the same floor.

 

Stranger still, we walked into the same room.

 

“Aurora, this is Seung-hyun. And Seung-hyun, this is Aurora, the girl I told you about,” Mr. Yang introduced me to him and him to me. I sort of guessed it while in the elevator but I pushed the thought aside thinking that if "number 27" was faulty, he had to look more broken than the quiet man in the lift with me. Seung-hyun greeted me with a curt unwelcoming nod and I smiled, to which he blatantly ignored.

 

“Loosen up on those shades, TOP,” Mr. Yang jokingly said and I swore I heard the man growl a little.

Note to self: check whether a modified being can feel angry and growl in anger. Seung-hyun took off his shades anyway. Who would’ve guessed that behind those dark glasses was the most beautiful pair of glistening orbs which were distant and intense all at the same time. I had seen many perfect beings but Seung-hyun made me believe even more in my father’s exceptional creative power and ability.

 

“What had you told him about me?” I asked Mr. Yang curiously.

 

“That you would be with him always and for the media and public, you will stand in as his girlfriend,” he replied me with a small smile.