System No.27: Down (Chapter 2)

System No.27: Down

Mr. Yang left a little after my father promised to look into the matter and to work as hard as he could to fix all that is wrong. I knew my father had tons of other important things to work on than just to focus on one man’s misery. Sure, Mr. Yang may be an important client but we have many other people to satisfy. We have tons of people on the buyers list. We cannot afford to lose buyers.

 

If word goes out that one system was not doing well, it would be bring tremendous negative repercussions on the entire company. I decided that maybe for once, I could make good use myself and aid my father with as much as I possibly could. I wanted to solve this for my father and lucky for me, my father trusted me enough to let me get hold of the complication. He advised me that if I needed any help, he would always be in his lab. I went to the room where all the information of past and present modified humans are kept and I keyed in his number.

 

Choi Seung-hyun.

 

At first, I thought that maybe if I failed in working things out, we could probably just drop “number 27” from living but he isn’t just a being. He had been living as an entertainer for almost nine years. For him to have been working fine in those years, it really be a probem that his glitches only occur now. How could it be that for nine long years, Mr. Yang had no complains whatsoever but suddenly now, out of nowhere, "number 27" had just chosen to defy his master.

 

Also considering that he had been in the spotlight for so long, if he were to suddenly disappear, people would be questioning. Regardless of everything, I need to fix him. This is the first time this is happening and I need this to be the last. There was no room for mistakes; especially not under the name of Sinclair who had done nothing but provide good and reliable service. But I didn’t know how to fix this mess. In addition to that, my father had genetically modified all of his group members as well. The entire band, Bigbang, the group “number 27” is in was a product of my father’s ingenuity and it would be absolute chaos if he were to be the one pulled out of the whole group. Mr. Yang said that he was retaliating, going against his main reason of being that is to serve - which should never be.

 

There was simply no reason for a system which had only given good service for a good running time to suddenly wreak havoc and choose to retaliate.

 

I looked through his profile just to check the kind of system he has. Maybe there would be something there that is out of the norm and I could possibly find something that had went wrong instantly. My father made him a year before he made me and was given the skills of rapping, composing and acting; his looks were made fantastically to make up for his inability to sing - which is normal to compare with all the data I already have.

 

An idea then struck me: I should meet him. I don’t know how that will help but I know it is worth trying.