System No.27: Down (Chapter 10)

System No.27: Down

"Aeron!" 

 

A familiar voice called out to me, a voice I had heard the same night just hours before. Turning to see from whom the voice came from, I watched as Jae-joong rushed to my stead, aggressively pulling me away from the warmth that was Seung-hyun's body. Instinctively, I moved towards Jae, feeling restored as he kept me in his broad chest.

 

"What were you doing bringing her here?" Jae-joong's voice protective and suddenly on defensive. Looking at me the way I was hurt, him and I knew it better than anyone else. I also knew well how he knew I was here... there was no way he could leave me knowing I was crying for a reason even I don't quite know.

 

"I am dating her. We're out on a date." Seung-hyun explained, his eyes set on Jae-joong, feeling threatened at his sudden appearance. He looked at me with worry tainted in his normally empty eyes.

 

"You date girls by making them cry like this?" Jae-joong hissed only to continue, "Don't piss me off, Seung-hyun, you do what you want but keep your hands off her or I swear to God..."

 

I had grown with Jae since we were made, we were always together, inseparable. We don't feel each other's pain physically but somehow we will know when they other is in danger or is having a hard time. That way, even if we seldom meet, I always know how he is, and he always knows how I am too. Within the span of my entirety that I have known him, I had never heard him speak in that tone before in my life. He had always been soft-spoken, polite and always so kind. His stance right now made me feel protected and thankful but somehow towards Seung-hyun, I felt so sorry.

 

"Jae... Don't blame him. It's not his fault." I tried to mend the situation. By now, Seung-hyun had just stood with his stoop shoulders, regret lining his face, quite sure he had been the cause for my tears to fall. Jae-joong on the other hand was still grabbing tightly onto my hand.

 

"Seung-hyun, I'll call you. Go home, I'll leave with Jae." I said before this turns into a brawl which I thought was bound to come seeing how Jae-joong had been acting since he came.

 

"Call me then," Seung-hyun responded as I was about to leave, " Please call me."