Chapter 2

The Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The next day Eun Mi made it in time to school. She sat in her first class which was English.

Just as she thought this would be a Sehun-free class, she heard his voice.

"Hey." he said unpolitely. "You left your books yesterday."

Eun was caught off by surprise as she turned to look at him, her eyes wide. Why did he have her books?

Sehun's hand was extended to give them to Eun. He looked at her with a bored expression on his face.

"Oh." Eun said as she took them. She figured he must have gotten them from math class yesterday. "Thanks."

Sehun watched the girl turn her attention towards the board again and he took this chance to get a good look at her. Did all humans have such a great skin? Her pink lips were slightly parted and a crease appeared between her brows as she thought about something. She tilted her head, it was a tiny move, almost unnoticeable and as she did so, her hair fell behind her back revealing her bare neck.

Sehun had to bite his lip to not let out a groan.

Stupid ing humans. Always hair flipping and .

Sehun was not going to admit that he was attracted by the woman beside her.

Sehun flinched and shook his head. What was he thinking? Sighing, he tore his head away from her. He was known by his cold image. No one had ever seen Sehun cry. That's because he never did. Not even when his parents were killed right in front of him. Sehun was also known to be a ruthless killer. He didn't hesitate in front of an enemy. He won battles and fights, sometimes without even trying. Although he was the youngest one of his pack, he was also the most feared and that sometimes pissed his hyungs off.

Then the last thing about him which was a mystery to everyone - Sehun had never been in love. Of course he had had some accounters with attractive females but he didn't take them seriously. A wolf has it's needs okay? Especially at full moons.

Just the thought made him shiver.

His alpha - Suho - always tried to pair him with someone and even though it was no use, Sehun always met up with the girls he brought to him, just to please him. After Sehun's father died, Suho had taken up the father figure role in his life since Sehun had been very young by that time. Eventually Suho had given up on his hopes.

Sehun let out a bored yawn and checked the clock. Few more minutes. He let his eyes fall shut.

 

 


The lesson went by as the teacher gave them different exercises to solve. Eun was relieved when the bell rang and she hurried out of the classroom.

Ugh. Too many people.

She walked alone on the hallway past people's stares. It's not like she was bullied or anything. Well, some tried to pick on her but it was no use.

She was cold as ice.

Eun had always been that way. She just stopped letting people close enough to hurt her and that's how she ended up alone. But she didn't mind, really. It was better this way. At least no one could hurt her.

Part of the reason why people were like that towards her was because they thought there was something wrong with her. They thought she was odd. Weird. Maybe even creepy.

She didn't really care what they thought. 

At least she was saving their asses for a living.

"Just gonna walk past me? Tsk. I thought I meant something." a familiar voice spoke making Eun smirk.

Well, she wasn't completely alone.

"Dong Chul." she smiled. "How could I?"

Eun continued walking and Dong Chul tagged along. No one else from their force were in their school. They were one of the youngest ones which led to them being in school. It was a nice little getaway. They could be normal for a while.

Eun made sure no one was at ear sight and pulled Dong Chul closer by his collar.

"Hey, about those wolves, I was thinking that-"

"Shh." her friend interrupted her. "I told you. No wolf talk in school. In the woods we are hunters, in school we are... Well, normal."

Eun rolled her eyes and let out a whine.

"Don't shoot the messenger!" Dong Chul said innocently and raised his palms up. "I'm just following your dad's orders who happens to be my leader and who happened to make me your personal bodyguard."

Eun stopped and stared at him wide eyed. "Oh, come on!"

Dong Chul smirked. "That title I actually gave myself."

"Sorry to ruin your new job but you're not going to be my bodyguard." Eun caught his speed and they went to their lockers which happened to be next to each others.

They took the books they needed and slammed the doors shut.

"Why not?" Dong Chul pouted.

"Because", Eun adjusted her bag to her shoulder. "I don't need one."

"Fine, you won." Dong Chul messed her hair up playfully. "See you kiddo, I gotta go to class."

They parted ways and both got ready for their next lesson.

She was heading towards the classroom when someone bumped into her.

"Oops." a girl in front of her said. "Accident."

Eun snorted. As if.

The girl in front of her had light hair and a perfect body type – slim, lean, good figure, perfect hair and skin - propably every guy's dream. She also happened to be one of the most famous girls in that school and she had her own group of minions everywhere with her, including here, snickering at Eun.

"Well?" the girl, Ra Hee, raised her eyebrow. "Aren't you going to move?"

Just because Eun kept to herself didn't mean that she'd take from anyone.

"I think there's plenty of room for you to walk past me." Eun just replied calmly.

Ra Hee chuckled.

Before Eun could do anything, she pushed her aside so hard her shoulder collided with the wall causing her shoulder to take a hit and her bag fell to the floor, throwing all the books out.

The event was starting to attract a small crowd around them and something snapped inside Eun.

She was a hunter. She hunt animals stronger than the girl in front of her. Ra Hee is nothing but a pathetic girl trying to get popular by bullying others. Just brush it off. That's what they want. They want to see you lose it.

But she touched me.

"What is it?" one of her followers asked, tilting her head. "Are you gonna cry?"

That was enough. Eun plunged forward and tried to grap Ra Hee - hair,shirt - anything but before she could do that,  someone appeared in front of her and a pair of strong, lean arms kept her from hurting the girl.

"What are you doing?" Sehun whispered in her ear. "Stop."

Eun was way too angry to think about the fact that Sehun was here, holding her and speaking to her like they didn't actually hate one another.

Eun glanced past Sehun's shoulder and she could see Ra Hee smirk.

Eun's eyes propably looked like they were spitting fire right now as she murdered Ra Hee with her eyes and tried to free herself from Sehun's grip.

"Let go of me!" she spat at him. Sehun was strong. So strong that her pushes didn't have a slightest impact on him.

Rahee and the girls laughed. "Freak."

Anger started burning behind Eun Mi's eyes.

"Just calm down okay?" Sehun started yanking her away from the spot, dragging her bag behind him.

"But she pushed me." Eun hissed between her closed teeth.

"I know she did. And she will pay, just not like this. Not when there are about a hundred students watching, all trying to get proof to the fact that they think you're a freak." he tried to reason.

Eun stopped moving when they turned from the corner and people didn't see her anymore. How did he know? Of course he would've heard the rumors already by now.

Then she realized what was happening. "Why do you care? And what the are you even doing here?"

Sehun rolled his eyes. "I'm helping you. Obviously."

Eun made a face. "I don't need you to help me. Let go of me before I punch you in the face."

As if she could even do that, Sehun thought.

"Fine." he murmured. "Jesus."

Eun rubber her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter