Chapter 15

The Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Darkness.

Low voices.

Pain.

What the hell happened?

Eun Mi slowly let her eyes flutter open and was instantly hit with the brightest light and a sharp headache throbbing against her skull.

"Ow", she groaned while holding her head. It took a while for her eyes to adjust to her surroundings.

Panic instantly filled her when she came to notice that she wasn't in the comfort of her own room. She wasn't even in her own house. Hell, she wasn't even anywhere familiar to begin with.

Everywhere she looked she was met with hard, grey tile walls with paint peeling off of them in a disturbing way. The more she kept observing her surroundings, the more she wanted to get away from this place.

There were no windows, just a small torn hole on the side of the building which looked just big enough for one to crawl out of it.

Or in.

Eun Mi swallowed the lump that was starting to form in .

She didn't like this.

She didn't like this at all.

"Oh, you're awake."

Eun Mi was almost startled to death when she heard a lazy male voice announce that in a bored tone.

Her eyes darted up and were met with a pair of brown eyes accompanied by light hair and a tan skin.

"Who are you?" she asked, trying her hardest to cover up how frightened she was. As she tried to get up from the floor she was laying at, she suddenly realized she couldn't.

Her wrists had been tied.

"I'm Daehyun."

He said it in an arrogant way, as if she was already supposed to know that information.

"Why am I here?" she asked with an accusatory tone of voice. "And where is here exactly?"

Daehyun rolled his eyes at her questions and circled in closer to her, making her quiver in the ground, trying to get as far as him as possible.

"Relax, hunter. I'm trying to help you sit up", he groaned, making her stiff at the title he had just used to call her.

And the way he had sait it. Like he'd antagonized it.

There were about a thousand things on her mind but she chose that the wisest thing right now was to remain silent for the time being. She didn't want to reveal too much.

And also because she was afraid that her voice might give away her true emotions.

Daehyun firmly pulled her up into a sitting position, but leaving the ropes on her wrists.

A thank you almost escaped by instinct when she saw him nod emotionlessly and take a few steps way from her.

How the hell do I get away from here? And where is Dong Chul?

Suddenly she started to really regret not sticking with the others.

This is what her daringness got her. Idiot.

"Ohhh, so this is the hunter girl. Jongup was right when he said she was hot", another boy joined them, this one taller than the other and with brown hair and a round face. He would have actually even looked kind, if there hadn't been that violent glint behind his eyes that made the hair on her skin rise up.

"Don't tell Minjung I said that", another light haired boy emerged from behind the corner, appearing to be Jongup.

Wait. Did he say Minjung?

Eun Mi's eyes widened in shock.

Oh no. Was she captured too? Eun had to help her. Baekhyun really likes the girl.

However, she couldn't reveal that she knew her. It might cause Minjung more trouble. Now, she had to figure out an escape plan.

Then she remembed one person who was missing.

Himchan.

Hate filled every viber of her being as her eyes harneded into a look of pure ice.

"Where. Is. Himchan." she spat every word out with so much hate it made her hands shake in the ropes they were being tied to.

"Feisty. As expected, for the only woman hunter alive..." the tallest one said with a smirk.

How do they know about me...?

"Junhong, don't reveal all of our cards yet", a calm voice said as they were accompanied with yet another man.

How many of them are there...?

"Ahh. Youngjae. Our voice of reason. How noble of you to join us", Junhong .

"Don't worry. Himchan will be here soon with Yongguk." Daehyun assured her, but no way in a comforting way.

"Who's Yongguk?" Eun Mi asked while her eyes searched for anything to be of her advantage.

Jongup snickered. "Just sit tight and wait. You'll see for yourself real soon."

Eun Mi did not like the way his promise sounded.

Not at all.

---

"What do you mean Eun Mi went off on her own?" Jae Ho boomed as Dong Chul sulked in front of him, waiting for the ground to split open under his feet and swallow him whole.

He did not get enough credit for putting up with Eun Mi.

Why did he, in the first place? It always got him in trouble.

Why did he let her carry out her most suicidal plans, time after time, after continuously proven to be indeed, suicidal.

"I'm sorry. I tried to stop her. You know how she is when she decides on something", Dong Chul tried to defend himself.

Jae Ho took a long sigh. "I know. That's one thing her mother and Eun Mi have in common. Okay. Here's what we're going to do. We will not tell Ki Moon, not yet. Not until we know what the situation is. We don't want to worry him for nothing. Dong Chul, come with me. We'll find her."

---

"What do you mean Eun Mi went off on her own?"

Sehun immediately raised up his head when he thought he heard someone mention her name.

He was in his wolf form, in the middle of his daily stroll around his favorite spots in the forest when he'd been interrupted by the scouts of hunters. So, now, as he was running away from them, in to the opposite direction, as would any other sane wolf out there, he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

Eun Mi.

He found a spot where he could still get a good listen, but at the same time be hidden and out of sight.

The last thing he needed was to get caught.

He sharpened his hearing and heard the two voices talk again. 

"I'm sorry. I tried to stop her. You know how she is when she's decided on something."

Isn't that Dong Chul?

He moved to the left a little, careful to remain unnoticed and saw that he had been correct.

There was Dong Chul, talking to another older male.

They were both in hunter gear

Sehun was shocked. Dong Chul is a hunter? How is that even possible? I've been near him all this time.

"What direction did she head to?" the older man asked Dong Chul.

"She headed further up there, near the factories but her tracks stop at one point. Then there's nothing, expect for some vague marks."

Sehun took a moment to sniff the air.

He felt the his fur rise as a small growl echoed from his throat.

Kim Himchan.

Against all of his better judgement, he carefully took off into the direction where Dong Chul and the older hunter were headed.

Towards Eun Mi.

I'm coming.

---

Eun Mi had still not figured out a solid plan to get her out of the place she was being kept at. For the past forty minutes she had been listening to the four boys bicker, while waiting for the remaining two.

She didn't know how, but she was going to skin Himchan alive when he got here.

She hated him.

She hated herself more for not realizing what had been in front of her all along.

She could blame herself for this whole mess, really. She could only be glad to not have dragged anyone else in with her, too.

Forgive me, dad.

The ropes were starting to hurt h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter