Chapter 18

The Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun and Eun Mi were walking in silence, shoulders brushing against each other on occasion when one of them would absentmindedly step a little closer to the other than necessary for walking.

Eun Mi was feeling kind of nervous for the barbecue that was happening the day after tonight.

There were a lot of ingredients for catastrophe and knowing the six of them, she would say she was pretty sure that was exactly what was coming for them.

Not only was Minjung a spy of another, more than potentially dangerous werewolf gang, she knew stuff about this EXO K that Eun and the force needed to know too in order to seek them out.

So she was glad that she'd been invited to be a part of it for that, (and also for the company) but how exactly was she supposed to be digging information out of the girl without revealing that she was a hunter?

Yeah. She'd definitely have to think of something for that.

"You're distracted." Sehun's unamused voice retorted dully from beside her, startling her from her thoughts.

"What? No I'm not."

"You are. What's on your mind. Spill."

Eun Mi turned to him and raised an eyebrow. "Now what exactly would make you think that I'm distracted?"

Sehun mocked her act of raising a brow. "I don't know. Maybe because we've been walking for at least thirty minutes and you haven't insulted me once."

That made Eun hold back a smile. "You have a point."

Sehun chuckled lightly and the two continued their pace, Sehun looking at her expectantly, waiting for her to shed light on the subject.

"Well," Eun Mi paused. She couldn't exactly reveal everything that was really on her mind. But she could start from the biggest one. "I don't know about you, but I think you and I are fine now."

It was Sehun's turn to stop in his tracks and give her one of his signature glares that said "what the hell's that supposed to mean?".

Eun Mi brushed the fallen strands of hair back behind her ear and waved her hand in the air absentmindedly. "You know, how we went from despising one another to... this. I don't know. What we have now, it's- nice. I like it."

She couldn't help the light blush that crept its way on her cheeks and was grateful for the darkness of the beginning nightime.

"You used to despise me?" Sehun asked with an amused grin on his face, having to hide the ridiculous look that was about to take over his face due to her sweet words.

Eun Mi glared at the boy. "I'm not sure about the used to part anymore... But yeah. You know what I mean. Don't you?"

Sehun looked at the brown haired girl standing there in front of him, looking so breathtakingly beautiful to him that he was on the verge of going out of his mind not being able to express it to her in any way.

"Sure. I know what you mean. Althought, the word despise is a little strong, even to my liking. I gotta say you hurt my feelings a little just now."

"Come on. I'm trying to be serious here. Can you do that for, like, one second?"

Sehun shrugged innocently. "I can try. So, you were saying that this is nice, which I agree to, care to continue?"

Eun Mi rolled her eyes at the nerve of this man. "As I was saying, I think we could even go as far as calling each other a friend..."

Both felt a sinking feeling in the pits of their stomach at such a  small word to describe what they had.

Sehun nodded despite of that and made a humming sound.

"So you know you can tell me anything. Since I'm your friend. You wouldn't hide anything from me, right...?"

Sehun  felt his heartbeat pick up. Was she suspecting something? "Why thank you, for the sudden heartfelt confession. Are you by chance, accusing me of something?"

"Of course not. Should I be?" Eun Mi challenged.

They shared a long, silent look.

"Of course not." Sehun replied with a tone just as challenging, feeling quilty for having to lie to her.

Eun Mi on the other hand felt guilty for suspecting him, especially since she had a few secrets in her pockets herself.

"Good."

They continued their way again after that, the rest of the walk continuing in a comfortable silence.

Eun Mi was secretly thankful that Sehun had offered to walk her home. There was something about the woods surrounding his perimeters that she didn't like.

Probably because she used to hunt in those very woods and knew exactly what could happen if you stumbled in there at the wrong time, unarmed at least.

But on the other hand, she also knew exactly that she was more than capable of surviving it.

They were nearing the beginning of the street where she lived and so she stopped which caused Sehun to do so too.

She didn't need her father seeing them from the window and getting the wrong idea.

"I can go alone from here. Thank you, for walking me here."

Sehun studied her face. "Any time."

Eun Mi smiled at him, a heartfelt, genuine smile that brightened up her whole face and made his heart race inside his chest. The sight was so rare for him to see and she looked like an angel just there so he thought that was probably why the next words left his mouth.

"Do you want to go out with me?"

And just like that the smile was off her face and changed into a look of pure surprise. "What...?"

Sehun mentally punched himself across his face, hard, before getting himself together saving the awkward situation he had just created. "You know, since we're friends now, I think we should celebrate it by going out."

Eun Mi was eyeing him, warily.

"And besides, who wouldn't want to go out with such a stunning creature as myself? Even though we're just friends. I'm just saying."

"No."

"What do you mean?"

"I do not want to go out with a stunning creature like you."

"Yes you do."

"No, I don't. You're annoying."

"So are you. But come on. It'll be fun, just us buddies, eating food in somewhere cozy, bonding, getting to know one another better-"

"FINE. Shut up. I'll go out with you. Will you leave me alone for now?"

Sehun's grin was wide on his face. "Will do. This is great. I'll pick you up at three tomorrow. Then we can go back to my house for the barbecue."

"Great. See you then. Now go."

Sehun threw one last grin at her before turning his back at her and beginning to walk away.

Eun Mi looked down on her feet as she stood there, going over what had just happened in her head.

I'm going out with Sehun.

As surprising as it was, she smiled.

"See? That's a smile. You like me." Sehun's voice could be heard from a few steps further.

Eun Mi rolled her eyes at him. "Just go!"

She watched his fading back and could almost hear his arrogant laughter in her ear.

The corners of her lips turned up in a light smile again.

Yes. Yes I do.

----

"Where have you been?" a worried Ki Moon asked the moment she stepped in trough the front door.

The stupid smile was swept off her face as she was faced with the reality that her father hadn't heard from her since she had been kidnapped by Himchan, which he was not even aware of.

It all seemed like it happened years ago when in fact it was only yesterday.

"Oh,I- I got sidetracked on the way to the warehouse. I went back to the institute and Dong Chul found me later and took me out for coffee. Sorry. Were you worried?" 

"Of course I was worried! Please don't go and to that again, at least without letting me know. I can't have something happening to you."

Eun Mi was amazed how easy it was for her to lie to her father nowadays. That was not a habit she wanted to pick up. But then again, it was easier tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter