Chapter 11

The Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Mi arrived to school the next morning, not knowing that the news she was going to receive when she stepped foot in that classroom, would cause a spiral of events, that would eventually lead to horrible, gut wrenching things that would stay with them for the rest of their lives.

One day.

That's all it takes for your life to turn to .

After Sehun and Jongin had dropped her off at her house last night, she'd been so tired she just went straight to bed and surprisingly, woke up on time and was now at school, and on schedule. She gave a mental pat on the back to herself. Wow. I am really proud of you, Eun. Look at you getting your life together and everything.

Her eyes wandered the hallway, trying to see if Dong Chul was anywhere to be seen, when there was an announcement on a loudspeaker the principal was suddenly holding in his hand while standing in front of his office.

"Everyone, please get to your classrooms and your teachers will approach you there. Let us all stick together in this terrible time of grief."

"What the hell is he talking about?" asked Sehun's voice behind her. She found it alarming how quickly she was able to identify it, but the announcement was more important right now.

"Right? I have no idea." she hummed with furrowed brows.

"Did something happen?" Dong Chul, who appeared on the other side of her, asked. Eun smiled when she saw him, looking pleased.

"I was just looking for you." she said.

Sehun seemed to take much pleasure in seeing him. "Ahhh, Bong Cha. How nice of you to join us!"

Eun shot him a death glare. "Please don't start."

"Hey, what happened to you last night? Where did you go?" Dong Chul worried, completely ignoring Sehun who looked seemingly irritated by it.

Before Eun could answer, Sehun stepped next to her, placing one arm around her shoulder, causing a chill to run down her spine.

"I actually took her home. She wasn't feeling all that great, so, had to leave. Did we miss anything?"

By the looks on his face he was clearly enjoying this. One couldn't say the same about Dong Chul.

Eun released herself from Sehun's grip and shot him another look. "Yes. He took me home, in which I went alone."

"Besides, you looked like you were having fun with that Himchan dude." Sehun added nonchalantly.

"Okay, why are you even still here?" Dong Chul demanded in frustration but before the conversation could go any further, the principal approached the three of them.

He was a greying man, probably in his fifties with lines on his forehead, due to years of work related stress. He was dressed in a white dress shirt and clean dark pants.

"Students. To your classrooms please."

Dong Chul gave Eun a look before parting ways with them. How was it possible that her and Sehun were in the same class, again?

They made their way in and the minute they were in the classroom, Eun could feel the athmosphere shift.

Something didn't feel right. She just couldn't figure out what.

Eun Mi and Sehun took their seats at the back, like any normal day.

Little did they know this day would be nothing like normal.

The students around them kept talking nervously, none of them aware of what had happened. She was thankful when their teacher stepped in. Hopefully now they'd get some light into the situation.

The teacher had a worn out look on her face. Her brown long hair was tight in a ponytail and her clothes were a little fancier than usual and her face - wait, had she been crying?

"Good morning, kids. I'm sure some of you might have heard about the tragedy that happened last night but for those of you who haven't, I have been advised to tell you. I am sorry to say this, but one of our own, Kim Ra Hee was a target of a homicide last night. Such a tragedy, for such a young, innocent girl, with her whole life ahead-"

Eun stopped listening. She stopped breathing. 

Everything just stopped.

Ra Hee was dead? Murdered?

Her ears were ringing as her vision got blurry.

She didn't know what to think. Was this real? Was this really happening? Or was she in a dream, still?

Her and Ra Hee were never close, far from it. They'd been horrible to one another. There had been times where Eun had wished for her to just be... gone, but that didn't mean she'd wanted her dead.

Did she do this? By thinking those things of her?

"How did it happen?" she asked, not caring that she'd completely interrupted the teary-eyed teacher's speech and that all of the eyes in this rooms were suddenly on her, including Sehun's, who looked puzzled.

"I'm not sure it would be a nice thing for you to hear, about your friend." the teacher mumbled, unsure of what to say.

"How did it happen?" Eun repeated, firmly this time.

The teacher eyed the class for what seemed like minutes and then gave up. "There have been some accidents related to wolves. As horrible as it is, this was another one of them"

I knew it.

Eun stormed out of the classroom faster than the teacher could yell her name.

Wolves.

Ra Hee had been killed by wolves.

Last night. When they were all in that stupid party. She hadn't even noticed Ra Hee's absence.

And she had a feeling this wasn't done by regular wolves.

Eun was so focused on getting out of the door and to the institute that she hadn't noticed Sehun who had followed her out.

"What are you doing? Get back. You can't come with me!" she panicked.

Sehun was too distraught to even give her one of his looks that he definitely would have given her right now.

"I'm not planning on coming with you. I have to go home..." Sehun was halfway in his car when he said that and Eun was left gawking behind him as he sped away.

What just happened?

Now she only cared about getting to the institute. And she had to get there fast.

---

 

"I know who did it!" Sehun panted out as he stormed in through the door and into the middle of an intense conversation held between his pack. They'd already heard about the murder. Everyone had. World travelled fast in their community, especially if it was one of them who was the culprit.

"What do you mean?" Suho replied with a stern look on his face.

"At least, I have a pretty good idea", he continued while giving Jongin a look, who quickly picked up on it.

"There's this new guy who got transferred to my school. First time I met him, there was something odd about him and later I realized that he reeked of an unfamiliar wolf. I didn't recognize anything about him, not his scent, eyes, nothing. And his scent was just... wrong. Plus, he was also just generally very annoying."

Baekhyun scoffed. "Shocker."

Suho gave them both a look which told them to quiet down and get serious.

"I saw him too. His scent wasn't natural. There was something in it that didn't seem normal." Jongin weighed in, the wheels turning in his head.

"And why am I only hearing about this now?" Suho seemed angered by this. As their leader, he had to know about things like, new wolves on the area, especially because things like this could happen if they didn't follow the rules.

"Doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that they violated the rules", Chanyeol snarled. "And the most important one at that."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter