Chapter 12

The Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After last night, Eun Mi and Dong Chul had went home, about a thousand apologies later from Dong Chul. Eun had tried convincing him that it really wasn't a big deal for her, she was fine and that the wolf hadn't hurt her.

The strangest thing was that it actually really hadn't.

She found it really odd. It basically had her pinned on the ground, laying on her back, being as vulnerable as a hunter could be and it didn't even attack. It didn't do anything. The wolf had just stood there, on top of her, staring at her.

And those eyes... She for one had never seen those emerald green eyes before but the recognizition that had flashed in them made her thoughtful. She was pretty sure that had been the first time she'd ever accountered the black one so she was wondering why would it recognize her.

Eun was awoken from her thoughts by her father's loud knocking on her bedroom door.

"Eun! Wake up!" Ki Moon boomed through the door.

"Jesus... I'm awake! What do you want?" she groaned as she peeked her head from under the blanket where she'd buried herself in. Ki Moon took that as a sign to open the door and burst into her room.

"So Dong Chul just called me."

That was all Ki Moon had to say to make her insides turn cold. You little .

"I know what you're going to say-"

"Do you? Do you?!  Because what I was going to say is that it is incredibly dangerous to make a move without your partner there to support you, when you can clearly see that you are outnumbered but yet you still choose to attack on your own?! What the hell is the matter with you? Do you have a death wish?"

Eun could completely understand where her father's rage came from. Mostly because she knew it wasn't rage at all. It was concern.

"I know, I know. It was stupid, I admit that. But in my defence, I had told Dong Chul my plan but that idiot got lost while circling the target. Like, how does that even happen?" Eun Mi tried to joke it off but her dad wasn't in the mood for jokes.

"Then you should have waited for him. Not just blindly act on your own." Ki Moon pressed.

Eun threw her hands up in frustration. "But they were right there! If I would have waited for him there was a great chance that they'd take off and I wouldn't have found that finger-"

"Finger?!"

Well, this is just going great.

"Ahhh, that... I was supposed to take it to the forensics lab to the institute but I was so tired and overwhelmed I just wanted to come straight home. But I have it right there in my backpack." she urged while pointing a finger towards it. She probably should have been more uncomfortable with the fact that someone's bloody finger was in her bag than what she was.

Ki Moon crunched his nose while pinching it with his fingers, as he did every time he tried to prevent a headache from beginning. He moved to her bag and pulled out a plastic bag where the finger was stuffed neatly in.

He crunched his nose, this time in disgust.

"What on earth is happening to this town..." he muttered to himself and turned his gaze to his daughter again. "Look, I know you are more than cabable of taking care of yourself and that you've went against more than two but it just hit me that this time you were in a position where you could have gotten seriously hurt. And with the murder of your classmate we have to be extremely cautious."

Eun nodded. "I understand. And I won't be as reckless as I was yesterday, I promise."

"You should really have taken this to the forensics. The things I do for my family..." He sighed. "I'll take it, and you on the other hand are going to school in ten minutes."

That being said Eun took a horrified glance at the clock. "Ten minutes?! I'll never make it in time!"

A knowing smile plastered on her face as she made puppy eyes towards her father. "You wouldn't pass by my school by chance on the way to the institute, would you...?"

Ki Moon sighed as he made his way out of her room. "I'll drive you. Five minutes."

---

 

"You just had to snitch on me."

Quilt spread on Dong Chul's face. "Please don't hate me. I was just looking out for you."

"By harassing my dad? Seriously, you have to stop obsessing over him, he's your boss for God's sake."

"The fact that you keep throwing that out there makes me really question your motives..." he just muttered in response making Eun roll her eyes.

Speaking of rolling eyes, Sehun had been nowhere to be seen during the first hour and without helping it, she actually started to be a bit worried.

Their whole friendship was weird to begin with. They went from hating one another to suddenly making out in the woods and then back to hating but now she would even call them... friends? Friends who at the same time hated each other. At least pretended to.

She found her eyes travelling through the crowd, searching for the one blonde guy she desired to see but couldn't.

Ever since the news of Ra Hee's murder broke the atmosphere in this school had been quite depressing. Everyone had adored the girl. She could easily understand why, after all, she had probably only been mean to her.

"What happened to the finger you found?" Dong Chul suddenly blurted out oh-so-casually in the middle of the hallway.

"Shh! Stop saying that like it's normal. And my dad took it to the forensics. Why?" she wondered.

Dong Chul shrugged while tugging his black hair off of his forehead. "I'm just curious about who it belonged to..."

Eun furrowed her brows at him. "Don't be. It's weird. We just discovered someone's severed finger in the claws of wolves. I'm not sure I want to know who it belonged to."

Eun shivered at the thought, knowing that they would soon get to know the answer to that, as soon as the forensics lab would figure it out.

"Do you think it was Ra Hee's?" Dong Chul asked quietly after making sure no one was close enough to hear them.

"I don't know. It's possible. I hope not." she answered absentmindedly. While she never liked the girl she still wouldn't wish a fate like that to anyone, even her enemy.

The school bell rang, making everyone stream towards their classrooms.

"I have science. See you after?" Dong Chul said.

Eun nodded. "See you."

After that she was left standing alone in the middle of the hall. Her mind wandered to Sehun's absence again. Where could he be? Why is he skipping school? Is he sick? Or did Ra Hee's murder upset him that much?

She then remembered the way he left in a hurry after the news. Where had he gone then?

She sighed and checked her timetable. Math. Perfect. She started heading towards the class by herself. Eun had actually grown to like Sehun's presence during the past

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter