-009: plans-

Harsh Love
NINE  

What she assumed was only a few hours later, she was awoken by the clanging of pots and pans, and the raging voice of Do Kyungsoo following soon afterwards. Groggily, she opened her eyes, and her face immediately turn red.

 

She was practically hugging Myungsoo. Her arm was draped over his arm as he was on his side, her legs were touching his, and her face was dangerously close to him, so much so that if he woke up while in this position she’d never be able to face him again. Deja vu suddenly came to her with their position as she pulled herself up. Tapping his cheek lightly, she tried to wake him up, to no avail. She should’ve known he wouldn’t be able to wake up; Kim Myungsoo could sleep and eat for the whole of Korea if he wanted to. After pulling and pushing him and eventually shouting in his ear, possibly damaging his eardrums, his eyes finally opened slightly, though still squinting, but only for a second before he lay back down.

 

“Five more minutes.” Was all he mumbled before she gave up and left him, walking to the kitchen to see what the commotion was about.


 

“What. The. Hell. Happened?!” She yelled. Pots and pans were strewn all over the floor when she walked into the kitchen, as well as Chanyeol and Kai, who were scrambling to pick them up.

 

“I told them not to cook!” D.O exclaimed.

 

“Hyung, we tried!” Kai addressed the boy. “We were trying to find the colu-collin- the thing with holes in!” Kai insisted from the floor. Sera simply rolled her eyes at their lack of knowledge, and knelt down to help them put everything back in the right place.

 

“And by the way Kai, it’s a colander,” she laughed.

 

It didn’t take as long as expected, and they were done within five minutes, though Sera was sure it would’ve taken if it was just the two incapable boys by themselves. “I think you just let Kyungsoo stick to the cooking, don’t you?”

 

“Sorry, Sera,” Kai pouted.

 

“We were trying to make breakfast for you,” Chanyeol added, pouting as well. Sera always fell for his aegyo whenever she was mad at him, and he knew it.

 

“Chanyeol,” she whined. “That’s not fair, no aegyo; let me be mad at you!” She demanded. “And don’t lie. I think we all know the reason you did this was to prove Kyungsoo wrong about what he said about your awful cooking skills yesterday!”

 

“J-Ja!” Chanyeol exclaimed, as she burst out laughing, with Kai and Kyungsoo both joining her soon afterwards.

 

“Kai, can you come and help me with something?” Kyungsoo requested.

 

“Of course,” Kai answered, following Kyungsoo through the open door, though they closed it when they’d both gone through.

 

“What’s going on with Sera?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“And Sehun as well, they’re both acting weird,” Kyungsoo added.

 

“They’re not,” Kai replied, too quickly for it to be considered the honest truth by Kyungsoo.

 

“Tell me,” he demanded.

 

“Honestly, there’s nothing to tell.”

 

“Is that why Sera was talking about Sehun with Luhan last night? She told him that she told Sehun to forget it or something, so what’s going on?”

 

“No idea.”

 

“Really? You and Hyomi are dating, right? How about I tell her the… secret?” Kyungsoo threatened, whispering the last word.

 

Kai widened his eyes. “You wouldn’t.”

 

“Oh, but I would. So, tell me,” he repeated.

 

“Hyung, I wish I could, but I can’t. I’d have Hyomi and Sera and Sehun killing me.”

 

“Hyomi’s in the lounge, right?” Kyungsoo inquired, pointing his finger towards it and beginning to make his way there.

 

“Wait! Wait! Okay, I’ll tell you!”

 

Kyungsoo grinned. “Thank you.”

 

“Okay,” Kai breathed. “Sehun kissed Sera yesterday, after practice, and she told him to forget it. But I don’t think he wants to do that, but he’s trying to for her sake, I guess.”

 

An elongated ‘oh’ came from Kyungsoo’s mouth as he realised and nodded.

 

“But you can’t tell anyone else, okay?” Kai added.

 

“Okay.”

 

“I can’t believe you were going to tell Hyomi about the time when Baek-hyung made me and Sehun kiss! That’s supposed to be between me, Sehun, you and Baekhyun, that’s all!” Kai harshly whispered.

 

“Relax. As if I was going to tell her, I’m not that evil,” Kyungsoo answered, smirking as he began backing away into the kitchen.

 

“I hate you,” Kai muttered, turning around to head back to the lounge.

 

~

 

“Agh, I can’t do this!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

“Oh my god, what are you doing! I told you not to cook!”

 

“I want some eggs!”

 

Sera rolled her eyes and began helping her brother learn the art of making eggs, which, was a lot harder than expected.

 

“Jesus, you don’t do that. How the hell have you gone through twenty one years of life without learning how to make eggs?”

 

You didn’t teach me, and besides, at the dorm Sehun always does it.”

 

Sera was about to retort something back, when Kyungsoo walked back into the kitchen, saving her from her struggle. “What are you doing?” He inquired, peering over the siblings’ shoulders to inspect the pan filled with burnt eggs.

 

“Kyungsoo, thank god. Teach him how to make eggs. Please, it’s driving me mad,” she begged, holding her hands together for effect and blowing her hair out of her face to cool herself down.

 

“Okay,” Kyungsoo agreed. “You go in there and have a break, I’ll take it from here. Come on Chanyeol.” He smiled at the girl as she left the room, already hearing him shouting in the few seconds that she was out.

 

Re-entering the lounge again, she found almost everyone beginning to wake up, with the exception of a few; including Myungsoo. Seeing him still asleep under his blanket, she walked over to him and attempted to wake him up again, making as much noise as she could on her way over to him.

 

“Kim. Myung. Soo. Get. Up!” She exclaimed, pulling up the flimsy mattress so that he’d fall off.

 

“Sera,” he whined. “Please let me stay here.” He pouted with his eyes half closed, trying to make her fall for his sleepy aegyo like she always used to when they were kids. She admitted it was cute as she bit her lip, wondering whether to fall for it again.

 

She pulled his pillow from under his head and hit him with it. He pouted, his aegyo obviously didn’t have as much of an effect on her as when they were younger.

 

When he didn’t even move and just continued to get comfy on the floor, she decided to try another method. “Woohyun, do you have a schedule today?” She turned to face the older member.

 

“Nah, that’s why we came here. Sorry kiddo,” he shrugged. She frowned a little at the nickname, but nonetheless nodded and stood up and tried a different plan; that she was approximately 90% sure would work. It depended on if he still had the same heart as he did when they were twelve.

 

“Okay, you leave me no choice. Every ten seconds you don’t get out of bed, I tell one of our old friends the secret,” she smirked, but he didn’t even flinch. Sera had always had an embarrassing secret about him, with a picture on his brother’s phone to go with it. Myungsoo normally jumped up and would do whatever she said just at the mention of it, but this time he didn’t move, obviously expecting her not to go through with it. “Okay?!” She repeated.

 

“Mmhm,” he muffled.

 

A huff escaped her lips as she began counting up to ten, her voice becoming louder as the numbers got higher. “...10! Okay, that’s it. Does anyone have a phone?” She announced, asking for a phone because she’d left hers upstairs. She eyed Myungsoo carefully, looking for any worry in his posture. There wasn’t even an ounce of it.

 

“Here, Sera,” Luhan passed his phone to her, and she smiled gratefully at him as she took it and unlocked it, no password required.

 

“Hm, who should I text it to first?” She began listing all their childhood friends who she was still close with to that day, until she finally decided to cross the line. “Or maybe…” she paused. “Oppa, do you have Kwon Yuri’s numb-”

 

“Okay! Okay! I’m up! Stop. Texting!” Myungsoo yelled louder than anyone, with the exception of Sera, had ever heard him shout. He jumped up from the floor and hastily took the phone away from Sera, passing back to Luhan after he’d deleted whatever Sera had typed.

 

She knew that would get him up, he’d had a crush on Yuri from SNSD ever since their debut, and she knew being an idol he’d have to meet her at some point; which just made the situation funnier.

 

“Knew that would get you up,” she giggled. Myungsoo simply pulled a sarcastic grin which turned into a frown back, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with the backs of his hands. Before he could lie back down again, she packed up the blanket and anything he could sleep on.

 

Instead of accepting it, he pretended to sleep standing up, closing his eyes and fake snoring to add to the effect, which she simply laughed at.

 

~

 

“Sehun, will you stop looking at her?” Luhan whispered discreetly to the boy beside him, who was too caught up in listening to Sera’s laugh to listen to anything properly. “Hey, Oh Sehun! Are you listening to your hyung?” The older boy cried, clicking his fingers in front of Sehun’s face until he turned to him. “You have to talk to her,” Luhan concluded, finally sick of the other male wanting to say something, but he was either too scared to do it, or felt as if he couldn’t.

 

Sehun shook his head, but Luhan smiled as an idea popped into his head, ignoring his gesture. “Sera!” He called to the girl, who turned and gave him a questioning expression.

 

Luhan had finally decided to take some action, even though he knew it was probably none of his business. He was determined to at least help with their situation, Sehun obviously wanted to speak to her, and he wasn’t completely sure, but he thought Sera wanted to talk too, or at least make things a little less awkward between them.

 

He gestured for her to come over to him, which she quickly obliged to, sitting in front of the two boys only seconds later; though Luhan noticed she was sat a little closer to him than she was to Sehun.

 

“Uh, what’s up?” She finally asked a few seconds after the three were plunged into silence, and she looked anxiously between the two boys.

 

“Uh, um-hm,” Luhan stuttered. Not having a valid reason for her coming over before what he was about to do probably wasn’t the best idea, but Sera’s earlier shouts gave him an idea. “What’s L-ssi’s secret?”

 

“Oh! It was just something from when we were kids. It was embarrassing for him, and his brother took a picture of it… I just guessed if he still had it,” she shrugged, laughing a little afterwards. Luhan nodded but looked over at Sehun afterwards, and saw him evidently feign looking at something else. Neither of the two were even glancing at each other, as Sera had also turned away to review the room, frustrating Luhan to go along with his drastic, but necessary, plan.

 

The older boy stood up suddenly, putting a hand out to stop Sera from standing up when she tried to, before walking over to a half asleep Jongdae: who was not so eager and happy about the idea of being fully woken up by Luhan. Sera was confused by his actions, but nonetheless stayed where she was, not avoiding eye contact with Sehun, but not purposefully looking at him either.

 

~

 

“I need you to take Sera out today. Not like a date, but kinda like a date,” Luhan requested of the sleepy boy, who kept rubbing his eyes and squinting in order to wake up properly.

 

“Why?” He sighed tiredly, too drained to understand Luhan’s statement.

 

“Just please do it, for me?” Luhan pouted. “You like her enough, right?”

 

“Ja, she’s like my best friend, of course I do.”

 

“So, will you do it? It’ll help her.”

 

Chen sighed. “Well- Yeah, okay. But tell me why first?”

 

Luhan explained the story like Sehun (and Baekhyun) had explained to him, pretty much word for word. When he finished, the singer’s mouth gaped, but agreed to taking Sera out nonetheless. “So, you’re trying to get them together?”

 

“Or at least comfortable around each other.” Luhan nodded. “Oh, and don’t tell Chanyeol anything, alright?”

 

“Okay, but why?”

 

“Hm, maybe he’ll throttle Sehun for kissing his sister?”

 

“Ah, true,” Chen agreed, shrugging as he stood up with Luhan and walked back over to Sera, suddenly feeling nervous about asking one of his close friends out. The two on the floor were still not making eyes contact or speaking, and Jongdae took the silence as a chance to speak.

 

“Uh, Sera?” He sat awkwardly next to the girl as he said it, looking over at Luhan for reassurance, and the older quickly nodded, encouraging him to continue. “Do you - god’s sake - do you want to go out with me today? Not like a date, just to hang out?” He said half confidently.

 

Sera giggled a little before she answered. “Of course,” she smiled.


She quickly snuck a glance at Sehun, and strangely felt a twinge of disappointment when she realised he was in conversation with Hoya just beside him. Though, she didn’t notice as she went to get ready, that not one but two boys were watching her leave, some jealousy and some disappointment in their eyes.

[CONTENTID3]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID3]